Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cathair posted:

I'm confused, are you saying this because I seem to be getting a bit too serious about video games in a Super Best Friends thread, or is it because I insulted a thing you enjoy and you just don't wanna admit how loving stupid it is?

Because if it's the former, I'll cede the point, but in the latter case I will never stop laughing at you and your bad opinions.

Oh my god you belong stuffed in a locker for eternity. And before you continue to act like a sad nerd here's a post you should look at. I'll even bold the important bit as to idiot proof so I don't have to see you reply

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This is perfect timing, I just finished The Wolf Among Us (which was better than TWD by miles, simply by not being another loving zombie story.) so it'll be fun to watch other people make terrible decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Oh my god you belong stuffed in a locker for eternity. And before you continue to act like a sad nerd here's a post you should look at. I'll even bold the important bit as to idiot proof so I don't have to see you reply

So this other Telltale game was so much better than TWD, because it wasn't a zombie story? And what, exactly, did anything I said have to do with the setting in particular? I'm not trying to be pedantic here, that's literally where you put the emphasis in bold. Sorry, idiot-proofing is impossible when you are the idiot.

What I dislike about the game is that whether or not the authors are able to write a decent story, they sure are failing at doing so within the medium they've chosen. They don't seem capable of depicting dramatic scenarios without making them seem completely contrived, and they're not putting in the effort necessary to provide the illusion that your choices matter, everything's shoehorned back into the destined path in a very choppy fashion.

Maybe I should've been more specific: I've been hearing criticisms like this for months about these people's games, but without seeing any of it for myself I had to withhold judgement. Now, I made a sweeping generalization because my own tiny exposure is only the latest piece of information that I'm basing my opinion on, not the entirety. I'm not saying "Hey, let me pull this out of my rear end because clearly three hours of video is enough to judge a company's entire library by," I'm saying "Wow, all those people with negative things to say were right all along!"

Edit: it's great how you insufferable dorks aren't even arguing that TWD S2 isn't a poo poo game/story, you're just so goddamn offended that I criticized Telltale in general. How loving dare someone say that people who produced a poorly-written game are bad writers? I feel like I've wandered into a Bioware thread or something.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 21, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Actually dude what I was calling you out for is the part where you said you thought it was poo poo even though you hadn't ever heard anything about it, which is a statement that makes no logical sense. You can think what you want about TWD's writing and I would even agree that Season 2's writing quality takes a pretty big dip compared to the first, but acting as if you magically knew it was poo poo and as if that gives you a reason to be smug about it doesn't just make you a dick, it makes you a dick and a moron. Don't be a dick and a moron.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
That's not what I said, though. I meant that I hadn't played them myself, or seen them played. I've read a lot of opinions about them, some pretty level-headed and some not, which is part of why I was interested to see this LP pop up.

This argument is a lot less funny when rather than a bunch of genuinely self-righteous dickheads, it's just people with poor reading comprehension who can't be bothered to consider that if something they read makes no rational sense, then they may be misunderstanding something.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ain't that the dude that took immense offense to me saying the DS fanbase was insufferable? That explains quite a bit.

Just caught up on the TWD playthrough, Clem's hard as gently caress now, huh? Second-coolest fictional under-12 female character. Also, Nick is the zombie-apocalypse version of Ziggy Sobotka. Just this MASSIVE fuckup that doesn't mean harm but just keeps doling it out.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cathair posted:

Edit: it's great how you insufferable dorks aren't even arguing that TWD S2 isn't a poo poo game/story, you're just so goddamn offended that I criticized Telltale in general. How loving dare someone say that people who produced a poorly-written game are bad writers? I feel like I've wandered into a Bioware thread or something.

Actually no one is doing that you sad spaz. I don't even like any of TWD poo poo I'm just calling you out on posting like a huge goober who needs to be stuffed in a locker. You are super defensive, post incredibly dumb sentences like "I've never seen anything about this but I assumed it was all terrible!" and just constantly act super offended and like you're out to fight anyone.

Seriously, stop posting. You're really bad at it.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Cathair posted:

Someone starting with FF13 wouldn't get a terribly skewed view of the Final Fantasy franchise though, because FF13 is just a particularly strong example of the woes of almost every FF game. From what I've heard people saying in other threads, it seems like the same is true of Telltale: WD Season 2 seems to be a low point but they're generally known for this sort of thing.

It sounds like you're just saying that if I had gotten into better Telltale games beforehand, then I would've been more likely to dismiss the shittiness of this one out of emotional attachment, which is probably true but is just a way of refusing to address criticism.

I'm confused, are you saying this because I seem to be getting a bit too serious about video games in a Super Best Friends thread, or is it because I insulted a thing you enjoy and you just don't wanna admit how loving stupid it is?

Because if it's the former, I'll cede the point, but in the latter case I will never stop laughing at you and your bad opinions.

You're a tool because you're judging something (Telltale's writing) when you self-admittedly never actually experienced it. At best you're selectively listening to criticism, and at worst, you're hating something just to hate it because it is popular and you think hating popular things makes you look cool.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

Ain't that the dude that took immense offense to me saying the DS fanbase was insufferable? That explains quite a bit.

Just caught up on the TWD playthrough, Clem's hard as gently caress now, huh? Second-coolest fictional under-12 female character. Also, Nick is the zombie-apocalypse version of Ziggy Sobotka. Just this MASSIVE fuckup that doesn't mean harm but just keeps doling it out.

I love that they just made her a stone cold badass. Like she went from crying about how she's too little to make it alone to doin fuckin field surgery on herself. I guess in season three she'll just rip out a zombie spine and beat a bandit to death with it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cathair posted:

genuinely self-righteous dickhead
The self-righteousness is coming from inside the house

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

The self-righteousness is coming from inside the house

Ahaha I didn't even notice that in his post.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I love that they just made her a stone cold badass. Like she went from crying about how she's too little to make it alone to doin fuckin field surgery on herself. I guess in season three she'll just rip out a zombie spine and beat a bandit to death with it.

At the same time I don't think it's really a good thing that the little girl is becoming a stone-cold hardass. But it's a zombie apocalypse good things don't happen.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It'd be really cool if they time skipped like 10-20 years and abandoned the zombie apocalypse setting entirely. Like, go to a time where the post-apocalypse is over, and it's the post-post-apocalypse instead. Instead of the old "survive and kill zombies", have the game be about an already rebuilt society, completely secure settlements, agriculture, trading and politics and so on, with the zombie virus being merely a marginal threat. Kinda like how the Fallout series progressed from Mad Max level chaos to actual new governments emerging and ensuring near pre-war level of welfare for citizens.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Sep 21, 2014

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Oh my god I hope it's during the Crpyt!

Also Woolie, forget Pat, eat those Boss Souls if you're not gonna do anything with them. That's so many levels and stones to buy right there!

EDIT: I'M SORRY

Plague drew it so I thought it was OK

HGH fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 21, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

HGH posted:

SPOILERS

OI

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Dkl4qksmQ

Oh poo poo!!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Uh is that legal?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Tae posted:

Uh is that legal?

Lawyer Plague told them it was good to go

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Nevermind the legality, doesn't this movie have full blown nudity? It's probably gonna be off Youtube through some contrivance anyway but still.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

At the same time I don't think it's really a good thing that the little girl is becoming a stone-cold hardass. But it's a zombie apocalypse good things don't happen.

I normally don't even like the whole 'helpless character turns badass' arcs in these things but A) enough time passed for it to make sense that Clem would harden the gently caress up, and B) enough horrible poo poo happened in front of her, and Lee was such a big influence on her, it makes sense she'd internalize a poo poo ton of it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Welp, just got to the sex scene. Yeah that's full blown tits, that account is going to get flagged.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Holy poo poo, drunk-rear end Pat and Woolie rambling about race wars while Matt's getting the pizza is beautiful.

EDIT:

Tae posted:

Uh is that legal?
Pat said on NeoGAF that they asked the rights holders if it was cool. So they're probably not going to get dinged for copyright, but for the half-naked thing with the hands.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 21, 2014

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Heads-up: They're sneaking things onto Machinima again like sneaky people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vnR_T0houY

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

man pat got drunk fast

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Even Pat's Naruto waifu is poo poo. How can a man live with so little taste

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Well, at least Woolie finally came to terms with his love for Naruto.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Hope they do something with D4 because holy poo poo you guys

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
People are so mad that they don't like naruto :allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Am I crazy or does Hinata loving squeak when she jumps?

Also thank you Matt for voicing the Wind Waker thought I immediately had.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, that's just her awful awful voice. It's a shame because Stephanie Sheh is a good voice actor.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

No, that's just her awful awful voice. It's a shame because Stephanie Sheh is a good voice actor.

Well I certainly preferred listening to her in a couple episodes of SM Classic than Whatserface in SM Crystal.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
A voice actor is only as good as their voice director.

On the topic of one of the other THREE VIDEOS (!) that came out Sunday the Samurai Cop video feels like Best Friends Zaibatsu: The Movie

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I don't really agree that the manslayer is the best poison weapon, for me that was the silver chariot style rapier, forgot its name but its R2 loving wrecked :v:

Also is this the first time pat says "I don't know" about ds2 stuff?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nalesh posted:

I don't really agree that the manslayer is the best poison weapon, for me that was the silver chariot style rapier, forgot its name but its R2 loving wrecked :v:

Also is this the first time pat says "I don't know" about ds2 stuff?

He's been doing "To my knowledge" for a while now.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Montreal comic con vid is up, that guard was handsome.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I will probably never watch Captain Harlock but you can't take away him being the coolest looking motherfucker around.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
man I wish I had more money to buy dumb bullshit, :sigh: college

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Hah, I never noticed that "Crush Hazard" sign next to Kenny in the truck. I wonder if that was actually intentional.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
That Liam Cena mask freaking destroyed. Can we make that the new canon, that Liam just dresses up as him at Cons?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

That Liam Cena mask freaking destroyed. Can we make that the new canon, that Liam just dresses up as him ALL THE TIME?

I just fixed that right up for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Matt and Pat continue to be totally vicious in today's Walking Dead episode. Seriously you guys it's kinda weirding me out.

"I HATE KENNY SO MUCH HE RUINS EVERYONE AND DOESNT CARE ABOUT PEOPLE" they say in the same breath as "MAN I CANT WAIT FOR THE CHANCE TO KILL OFF NICK". :allears:

edit: oh my god matt and pat's grudge against kenny is so god drat annoying

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Sep 23, 2014