Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

You need to encrypt it then reset. Otherwise someone can easily use a root app like disk digger to recover all your stuff...a simple reformat isn't safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Anything official about 6+ backlogs? I "preordered" mine on the 15th, and I expected it to be awhile. My order still says "being processed" so Id like to know some time frame.

What happened with the plus anyway? The regular 6s seem to be pretty easy to find from what Im reading, but the plus is just out everywhere indefinitely. Did apple just underestimate how much people wanted the larger phone?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Kanish posted:

Anything official about 6+ backlogs? I "preordered" mine on the 15th, and I expected it to be awhile. My order still says "being processed" so Id like to know some time frame.

What happened with the plus anyway? The regular 6s seem to be pretty easy to find from what Im reading, but the plus is just out everywhere indefinitely. Did apple just underestimate how much people wanted the larger phone?

Yeah my expected ship date is October 24th. :( I hope Apple/tmobile can get stuff out the door sooner but I'm not holding my breath.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Hakarne posted:

Yeah my expected ship date is October 24th. :( I hope Apple/tmobile can get stuff out the door sooner but I'm not holding my breath.

Where did you get a estimated date? I still havent gotten passed order being processed.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I have unlimited 4G LTE and my phone just warned me that I hit the 20gb mark. Is this local to my phone or is T-Mo really warning me?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

hiddenriverninja posted:

I have unlimited 4G LTE and my phone just warned me that I hit the 20gb mark. Is this local to my phone or is T-Mo really warning me?

Your phone. T-Mobile texts you when they warn you.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

hotsauce posted:

You need to encrypt it then reset. Otherwise someone can easily use a root app like disk digger to recover all your stuff...a simple reformat isn't safe.

I wish you had posted that before I shipped it back to Google.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

So I switched to the nerd plan from AT&T today. Port went through without issue, calling is good, data is super fast, but texts...are weird. I can send and receive texts from folks on Verizon. My buddy with AT&T is getting texts from me, but I'm not getting his. Haven't gotten around to testing anyone with T-Mo or Sprint. Using my old Galaxy S4 that I had AT&T unlock for me yesterday. Didn't see any APN or other settings that looked off that could be causing this.

Anyone seen anything like this before I call into support?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Is there any place to see where T-Mobile has refarmed? Looks like airportal.de is down, any other place? I'm in a market with LTE, if that helps. And just to be certain, if 1900 has been refarmed for HSPA, I'll get HSPA (or maybe HSPA+?) on an unlocked AT&T phone, right?

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

esperantinc posted:

So I switched to the nerd plan from AT&T today. Port went through without issue, calling is good, data is super fast, but texts...are weird. I can send and receive texts from folks on Verizon. My buddy with AT&T is getting texts from me, but I'm not getting his. Haven't gotten around to testing anyone with T-Mo or Sprint. Using my old Galaxy S4 that I had AT&T unlock for me yesterday. Didn't see any APN or other settings that looked off that could be causing this.

When my wife was on AT&T we had this same problem. In fact, sometimes a text would take hours to go between us! We assumed it was their lovely network.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

esperantinc posted:

How long has it been since you ported? Texts sometimes take longer to go through - when I ported into TMo a couple months ago it took an extra day or two before it finished. If its already been a bit, call customer support.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Kanish posted:

Where did you get a estimated date? I still havent gotten passed order being processed.

I ordered over the phone because I get an employee discount that you can't set up online. The dude gave me an estimated ship date at the end of my order.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Hakarne posted:

I ordered over the phone because I get an employee discount that you can't set up online. The dude gave me an estimated ship date at the end of my order.

Would you mind letting me know when you placed your order? That will help me figure an estimated timeframe.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

RVProfootballer posted:

Is there any place to see where T-Mobile has refarmed? Looks like airportal.de is down, any other place? I'm in a market with LTE, if that helps. And just to be certain, if 1900 has been refarmed for HSPA, I'll get HSPA (or maybe HSPA+?) on an unlocked AT&T phone, right?

I think these days you can just go by which areas have LTE. They do the refarm as part of the LTE upgrade. And yes, all AT&T phones should support HSPA on 1900 MHz.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mr.Radar posted:

I think these days you can just go by which areas have LTE. They do the refarm as part of the LTE upgrade. And yes, all AT&T phones should support HSPA on 1900 MHz.

Great, thanks! Buying a used unlocked/"T-Mobile" Moto X is like $50+ more than even a sim-unlocked AT&T Moto X, and are much more likely to have really garish colors. Nice to know I can keep my eyes open for a good deal on an AT&T one.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Mr.Radar posted:

Not quite, when I was rocking an iPhone that didn't have AWS band support for 3G/"4G" there was a noticeable difference between LTE/AWS "4G" coverage and 1900 MHz refarmed 3G/"4G"

I dunno if they've closed the gap on that, this was 1 year ago in one of the first markets T-Mobile said 1900 refarming was launched in

T-mobile's LTE network is great but my phone often falls back to non-LTE and I wouldn't want a phone on T-mobile's somewhat janky network without AWS 3G/4G support

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

IuniusBrutus posted:

How long has it been since you ported? Texts sometimes take longer to go through - when I ported into TMo a couple months ago it took an extra day or two before it finished. If its already been a bit, call customer support.

I only ported yesterday, actually. Seems to have resolved itself last night/this morning. Guess it was the porting process doing it's thing. I've never had a port not just be done all at once (or haven't noticed anything fishy before), so I guess I paniced prematurely.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Kanish posted:

Would you mind letting me know when you placed your order? That will help me figure an estimated timeframe.

It was the afternoon of September 16th.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Put in an order for an iPhone 6 today using the trade-in offer from an iPhone 4. The clerk said to expect a 6 week wait, but I thought the 6 wasn't as in short supply as the 6+?

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Put in an order for an iPhone 6 today using the trade-in offer from an iPhone 4. The clerk said to expect a 6 week wait, but I thought the 6 wasn't as in short supply as the 6+?

iPhone 6 is 4-10 days depending on thr color and size , 6+ is 6 weeks.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Did they say how the trade in works if the phone actually takes 6 weeks to arrive?

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
If you order a iPhone 6 online is it really taking 1-4 weeks like they said it does on there. I want to buy a iPhone 6 but I'm going on vacation on October 6th for a couple weeks. and I don't want to miss the delivery.

I went to the tmobile store yesterday and sunday and missed out on the last iphone by minutes each time.

I'm gonna go today hopefully they get a shipment but I guess im going to be hitting them every morning when they open to see if they have any.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

England Sucks posted:

If you order a iPhone 6 online is it really taking 1-4 weeks like they said it does on there. I want to buy a iPhone 6 but I'm going on vacation on October 6th for a couple weeks. and I don't want to miss the delivery.

I went to the tmobile store yesterday and sunday and missed out on the last iphone by minutes each time.

I'm gonna go today hopefully they get a shipment but I guess im going to be hitting them every morning when they open to see if they have any.

Well I ordered on Friday evening on Sept. 19th, and this morning I got the notification that my phone has shipped from Chicago and is arriving today (I live in Chicago). I didn't even do the express shipping, I did the slowest and cheapest ground shipping.

I definitely did not expect for it to come so fast, but I will believe it when it's in my hands!

kernel panic
Jul 31, 2006

so we came here to burgle your turts!
I ordered on Thursday, got tracking on Saturday, and had my phone at 9 am Monday. It seems like the regular 6s are shipping pretty quickly. Mine is a 64g gold FWIW.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Did they say how the trade in works if the phone actually takes 6 weeks to arrive?

I asked them if they'd honor the $201 value and they said yes, and that it'd be a "deferred trade-in" where I have to mail out the phone.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How does mobile hotspots work with T-Mobile?

So I had my iPhone 4 which I brought with me from AT&T, and I could use the mobile hotspot to use internet on my iPad. Now that I have my iPhone 6 it is telling me that I need to activate the mobile hotspot and pay $10 for additional data. Is that right?

Kind of sucks, because I assumed that the mobile hot spot thing worked with my existing data, as I had no problem using it with my AT&T iPhone 4. But maybe because I bought a phone from T-Mobile I closed the loophole :(

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Astro7x posted:

So I had my iPhone 4 which I brought with me from AT&T, and I could use the mobile hotspot to use internet on my iPad. Now that I have my iPhone 6 it is telling me that I need to activate the mobile hotspot and pay $10 for additional data. Is that right?

Kind of sucks, because I assumed that the mobile hot spot thing worked with my existing data, as I had no problem using it with my AT&T iPhone 4. But maybe because I bought a phone from T-Mobile I closed the loophole :(

It is included unless you are on an older rate plan. Older phones were able to get around it but new phones they block it unless you have a current data plan. Might be worth it to change your plan anyway. Could save you money.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Burden posted:

It is included unless you are on an older rate plan. Older phones were able to get around it but new phones they block it unless you have a current data plan. Might be worth it to change your plan anyway. Could save you money.

I have the "Simple Choice Plan: Unlimited Talk + Text" plan with 1GB of data. That includes hotspots?

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Astro7x posted:

I have the "Simple Choice Plan: Unlimited Talk + Text" plan with 1GB of data. That includes hotspots?

Yeah. That includes hotspot and tethering. Call technical support and let them know it's not working because it should be.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Yeah I just got my 6 Plus today and see the same thing. I'll call tonight.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Astro7x posted:

Have you tried rebooting the phone? That fixed it for me.

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW

Astro7x posted:

Well I ordered on Friday evening on Sept. 19th, and this morning I got the notification that my phone has shipped from Chicago and is arriving today (I live in Chicago). I didn't even do the express shipping, I did the slowest and cheapest ground shipping.

I definitely did not expect for it to come so fast, but I will believe it when it's in my hands!

When you ordered was the expected delivery date they sent you way longer than it actually took to arrive.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

England Sucks posted:

When you ordered was the expected delivery date they sent you way longer than it actually took to arrive.

I did not have an expected delivery date. T-Mobile just said it should arrive within a month for sure so I could do the trade in

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

4G: LTE 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600

Will this phone work on T-Mobile? I notice the 1700 band is missing.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Is it normal to have the order still being processed a week later?

I ordered a 6+ on the 16th and has just sat on being processed the entire time. Im not sure if it should be switched to "backorder" since I expect it will take a few weeks. I just want to know what statuses people are getting for 6+ who are waiting.

Edit: I did the inspect element that people were talking about and looks like there is a expected delivery date of 10/5 so thats not too bad at all if it holds up.

Kanish fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 26, 2014

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW

Kanish posted:

Is it normal to have the order still being processed a week later?

I ordered a 6+ on the 16th and has just sat on being processed the entire time. Im not sure if it should be switched to "backorder" since I expect it will take a few weeks. I just want to know what statuses people are getting for 6+ who are waiting.

Edit: I did the inspect element that people were talking about and looks like there is a expected delivery date of 10/5 so thats not too bad at all if it holds up.

How do I do this?

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

England Sucks posted:

How do I do this?

When you go to your order status page, there will be a little text line "Delivery Method", in google chrome, right click that and hit "Inspect Element" and there should be a line nearby that says "div id="orderDetailsEstDelDate" style="display: none;"

IF you click the little arrow to expand that line, you may get something in there, mine for example :

<span class="ui_body_bold">Estimated delivery : </span><span class="estimatedDeliveryDate">10/03/2014</span>
</div>

It was something thrown around on MacRumors, so take it with a grain of salt. But it at least gives me some hope haha.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Kanish posted:

When you go to your order status page, there will be a little text line "Delivery Method", in google chrome, right click that and hit "Inspect Element" and there should be a line nearby that says "div id="orderDetailsEstDelDate" style="display: none;"

IF you click the little arrow to expand that line, you may get something in there, mine for example :

<span class="ui_body_bold">Estimated delivery : </span><span class="estimatedDeliveryDate">10/03/2014</span>
</div>

It was something thrown around on MacRumors, so take it with a grain of salt. But it at least gives me some hope haha.

I ordered a iPhone 6 (Silver, 64 Gig :3:) two days ago, and it said on the final page that it was backordered and that the estimated delivery date was the 7th, but it was not hidden. On the order status page now it is hidden (I love that it's rendered with "display: none" applied, that made me laugh.) and I'm cool if that is the actual date. I mean, it gives me time to send my 5S back and I have a HTC One M8 that I'm using while I wait.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kanish posted:

</div>

Mine says 23 September, but the order is still processing. So, yeah, take it with a grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Yeah, I canceled my order and just bought one directly from Apple. It's not on the payment plan, but I have the money to just outright get it so I figured I would just go for broke.