Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

It's amazing to see photos of him before the crash considering how trim he was in his main career. Dude was like Bray Wyatt's size.

He's like, reverse Chris hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
IF you ever read Flair's book he talked about how after training they would go to Burger King and eat 5 whoppers every day. That's how you get to 300 pounds quickly I guess.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Manwithastick posted:

When did wrestling start having the noncompete clause? During the Monday night wars?

Yes. pretty much right after the medusa thing.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Manny Suave posted:

If Jeff Jarrett wants to become a country music star why does he wrestle instead of performing country music

Because the country music backstage politics were holding him back, so he decided to become a big wrestling star so that Nashville could no longer keep him down. Pay attention to the vignettes, man!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

ZDar Fan posted:

Because the country music backstage politics were holding him back, so he decided to become a big wrestling star so that Nashville could no longer keep him down. Pay attention to the vignettes, man!

Much like how Manson became a cult leader since the music industry rejected him. Someone should investigate into whether the Beach Boys spurned Bray at some point.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

AkumaHokoru posted:

Actually, wasn't Luger in a lengthy no-compete clause, which is why he was signed to the WBF in '92 first?

Luger was the first wrestler to use a talent agent, I believe.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

AkumaHokoru posted:

No, it was way before that. Madusa, Luger, Rude, and Jarrett all had contracts that had expired and didn't have to wait. Jake Roberts, for example, was released from his contract with WWE in 1992 (before the Monday night wars) and had to wait 90 days.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I need this information. Now.

Checked. He was in a battle royal at the 15th anniversary Raw.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
didnt know luger got hit by a no compete.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

AkumaHokoru posted:

didnt know luger got hit by a no compete.
WCW was always willing to eat the non-compete clauses because they had so much money and just wanted to make the impact.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DeathChicken posted:

Much like how Manson became a cult leader since the music industry rejected him. Someone should investigate into whether the Beach Boys spurned Bray at some point.

But Manson became a musician? I think one of his songs was the Smackdown theme for a while.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Grendels Dad posted:

But Manson became a musician? I think one of his songs was the Smackdown theme for a while.

wrong Manson

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

WCW was always willing to eat the non-compete clauses because they had so much money and just wanted to make the impact.

Which is ironic, as for the past decade Impact has been spending so much money to make WCW.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Flameingblack posted:

This was WCW putting him under a non compete. That's why he signed on to the WBF, the idea being he'd become a big star as the face of the WBF and then debut for the WWF a year later.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Flameingblack posted:

Luger had one from WCW, which is why he couldn't wrestle in the WWF. He was not under contract when he went back to WCW, so he didn't have a no-compete clause.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

Sandman reminded me of the guys my dad used to hire in his appliance repair business, beer drinking, chain smoking, intimidating, possibly on parole

I said this before and I'll say it again: Sandman is the same as Hacksaw Jim Duggan except with a cane instead of the 2x4 and beer instead of the flag.

Sidenote Sandman's entrance at One Night Stand is the best wrestling entrance ever.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Has there been an WWE/F PPV that Vince McMahon has regarded as bad?

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Jerusalem posted:

That always slightly annoyed me because Jericho and Benoit did exactly the same joke back in like 2002 or so.

Vince: Oh no I have been humiliated by the uncovering of that video that was uncovered and humiliated me several years ago!

I remember midway through that skit the crowd just died because it got so bad. I think it was close to a 20 minute segment at that. It also ended the raw with Vince and co. Being drenched in poo poo which was basically the average raw at that time.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ghostpilot posted:

Over the Edge.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Ghostpilot posted:

He fired Heyman after December to Dismember, so certainly that.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

There was that IYH show headlined by Diesel vs Bulldog where he slammed his headset down while muttering "horrible" after it went off the air.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ghostpilot posted:

I don't think he's fond of Beware of Dog.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE

Fauxhawk Express posted:

There was that IYH show headlined by Diesel vs Bulldog where he slammed his headset down while muttering "horrible" after it went off the air.
Please say there's footage of this. This sounds just as good as Bulldog's 'He fell on his arse. Fell flat on his fuckin' arse' during the Shockmaster incident.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Roughly how many people travel as part of the WWE operation?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What's the context of that Bret Hart hype video where some kid yells "BREEEEEET!" as he's walking down a hallway? Is it a reference to something or are they just saying "kids like Bret"?

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
vvv EDIT: Okay, that makes way more sense. Ignore what I said here. vvv

finalcake fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 22, 2014

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

What's the context of that Bret Hart hype video where some kid yells "BREEEEEET!" as he's walking down a hallway? Is it a reference to something or are they just saying "kids like Bret"?

Wasn't it an updated version of the Mean Joe Green Coke commercial? http://youtu.be/xffOCZYX6F8

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

He was a construction worker. He built the scaffolds whenever they did a scaffold match.

Think about that.
The Sandman was in charge of building his own sobriety test?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is CM Punk still straight edge or did he break his vow

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Does cm punk eat chocolate or drink tea or coffee? Is he aware these things are/contain drugs? Does cm punk eat a complete and balanced breakfast?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Under the vegetable posted:

Does cm punk eat chocolate or drink tea or coffee? Is he aware these things are/contain drugs? Does cm punk eat a complete and balanced breakfast?

He has to be very careful, since you can get high on life and that's no good.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Completely Mormon Punk

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.
Punk drinks Pepsi, which has caffeine in it so yea.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Like, I've heard reports that he was drinking beers and that made me sad

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Smoking Crow posted:

why

did you know that it's possible to drink beer without being an alcoholic?!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Yuriy posted:

why

did you know that it's possible to drink beer without being an alcoholic?!

You can't drink beer and be straight edge though

Like, I'd be disappointed and sad if I met Undertaker on the street and he didn't act dead and mysterious

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 22, 2014

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Smoking Crow posted:

You can't drink beer and be straight edge though

and? most straight edge people grow up and either stop making a big fuss about it or realize that you can have a drink without turning into punk's alcoholic dad or whatever started his teenage rage against the machine bullshit

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

Smoking Crow posted:

Are you talking about that photo from February of him with his sister holding a beer near him?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Lots of straight-edge guys drink coffee, it's generally a philosophy about intoxicating drugs. And if you think he wasn't on prescribed painkillers when he literally fractured his skull, I dunno what to tell you.

Yuriy posted:

and? most straight edge people grow up and either stop making a big fuss about it or realize that you can have a drink without turning into punk's alcoholic dad or whatever started his teenage rage against the machine bullshit

Being scared off something as a kid is one thing, making a conscious decision later in life to not do it as a result of critical thinking is what a lot of grown ups do. You can argue that Punk isn't grown up if you like, because of whatever personal vendetta you have against him - I assume he didn't sign your program that had John Cena on the cover of it at 5am at LaGuardia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They also make non-alcoholic beer :eng101: