Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Are you talking about that photo from February of him with his sister holding a beer near him?

It was a super punk friend who called him a poser and I wanted some confirmation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
most adults realize that there's a difference between being a problem drinker and having a beer or two with your friends

cm punk used to be a complete dweeb if you've ever read his "what do my knuckles say?!" story

i dont know what your john cena comments are about and i dont particularly give a poo poo because they're irrelevant but my point is that there is nothing "sad" about punk having a beer like the guy i quoted and was responding to said

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Yuriy posted:

most adults realize that there's a difference between being a problem drinker and having a beer or two with your friends

cm punk used to be a complete dweeb if you've ever read his "what do my knuckles say?!" story

i dont know what your john cena comments are about and i dont particularly give a poo poo because they're irrelevant but my point is that there is nothing "sad" about punk having a beer like the guy i quoted and was responding to said

Lots of adults also look at the people that are around them doing things like throwing up out of the window of their van at 2 in the afternoon and going "whatever it took to get that guy to that point in his life, I want nothing to do with" and that's perfectly normal. I know people that are in their 30s, and don't drink, and never have, because that's a life choice that they made. I mean, I come from a country where drinking is a national pastime, even more so than the US, and I see nothing at all wrong with someone deciding that drinking alcohol, even one or two, isn't for them.

I get what you're saying that there's nothing wrong with having one or two, but I don't understand why you can't understand that it's not for everyone. Punk probably isn't as militant about it as he used to be, which is what growing older will do to you, but he says he doesn't drink alcohol, I believe him, and I don't see why you have such a problem with it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

none of this is about wrestling or even a wrestler

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Memento posted:

Lots of adults also look at the people that are around them doing things like throwing up out of the window of their van at 2 in the afternoon and going "whatever it took to get that guy to that point in his life, I want nothing to do with" and that's perfectly normal. I know people that are in their 30s, and don't drink, and never have, because that's a life choice that they made. I mean, I come from a country where drinking is a national pastime, even more so than the US, and I see nothing at all wrong with someone deciding that drinking alcohol, even one or two, isn't for them.

I get what you're saying that there's nothing wrong with having one or two, but I don't understand why you can't understand that it's not for everyone. Punk probably isn't as militant about it as he used to be, which is what growing older will do to you, but he says he doesn't drink alcohol, I believe him, and I don't see why you have such a problem with it.

i dont, i said that there's nothing "sad" about him having a beer if that is indeed the case

if you have a history of alcohol abuse in your family or past, sure that makes sense, but the dude who initiated this topic made a specific post saying it was sad if punk was having a beer, i said "why"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Yuriy posted:

i dont, i said that there's nothing "sad" about him having a beer if that is indeed the case

if you have a history of alcohol abuse in your family or past, sure that makes sense, but the dude who initiated this topic made a specific post saying it was sad if punk was having a beer, i said "why"

Fair enough.

epitasis posted:

An excellent point.

Wrestling question: anyone have any more info about the TNA live events crew being laid off? It's been several hours, surely it would have come to light by now. I can't imagine them having any particular loyalty to the company that just fired them en masse.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Straight edge is a work.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Smoking Crow posted:

Is CM Punk still straight edge or did he break his vow

When I met him during the Aus tour a year or two ago the bar that he was doing a Q&A in had to remove all their alcohol. So I guess he was at that stage.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Halloween Jack posted:

The Sandman was in charge of building his own sobriety test?

The last interview I saw with him he claimed that he wasn't as heavy of a drinker as you think he was because he had kids to raise. Of course in the next sentence he talked about shipping hydrocodone in from Hawaii via UPS and that everyone else was so hosed up that they always made him drive home even though he pounded back 8 beers over the course of a show

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im not straight edge but i've never had a drop of alcohol and do not plan to.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

John Cena posted:

im not straight edge but i've never had a drop of alcohol and do not plan to.

That makes you straight edge, sorry.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Burt Buckle posted:

he might smoke weed or w/e

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Burt Buckle posted:

To be straight edge you can't drink, smoke, do drugs or listen to songs longer than two minutes.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
To be straight edge you have to call yourself straight edge. None of this "you're a Christian you just don't know it yet" bullshit.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

To be straight edge you can't drink, smoke, do drugs or listen to songs longer than two minutes.

gently caress, i don't want to be straight edge :(

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Cardboard Box posted:

get you some prog rock, you'll be fine

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

Quick, start listening to Rush.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

best in the world

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

epitasis posted:

This is a pro cross-PSP post.

Also, I don't know why wrestling fans are so weirdly obsessed with straight edge and ascribing their own perceived "rules" to it. If you make it past 25 without selling out, you aren't likely to break edge anyways. Punk's still edge.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
absolutely loving this punk sxe chat, genuinely

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I've never met Punk, but he'll always have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdRo9JsfBZM

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

The last interview I saw with him he claimed that he wasn't as heavy of a drinker as you think he was because he had kids to raise. Of course in the next sentence he talked about shipping hydrocodone in from Hawaii via UPS and that everyone else was so hosed up that they always made him drive home even though he pounded back 8 beers over the course of a show

Sandman's existence just keeps getting more and more terrifying, huh

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MassRafTer posted:

Well 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

DeathChicken posted:

I'm always blown away by how much bigger Punk got once he got to WWE.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

DeathChicken posted:

Did that commentator really say "I'm a heel at heart?" Does he also comment on how well they're "selling spots" and announce that the winner "went over clean?"

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Shine posted:

Did that commentator really say "I'm a heel at heart?" Does he also comment on how well they're "selling spots" and announce that the winner "went over clean?"

Not as bad as when the Super 8 commentators outright stated that Shockwave The Robot was not an actual robot.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Shine posted:

This is your smart mark future

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I want to watch a PPV on the Network. A bad one. Not just boring bad, I want something that is hilariously "what the gently caress did I just watch" bad. Suggestions?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Liar Lyre posted:

I want to watch a PPV on the Network. A bad one. Not just boring bad, I want something that is hilariously "what the gently caress did I just watch" bad. Suggestions?

If you can find it, watch Mayhem in Manchester.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Liar Lyre posted:

New Blood Rising

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Liar Lyre posted:

Souled Out '97?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Liar Lyre posted:

WCW New Blood Rising

Judy Bagwell on a Forklift match.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Liar Lyre posted:

Go to WCW in late 99 and 2000. Pick any.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

WCW New Blood Rising

Judy Bagwell on a Forklift match.

Thirding this suggestion. The whole show is extremely bad on its own merits, and it's also the perfect Russo.txt

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

Which one is the one that has a running gag of Dusty eating a whole platter of chicken wings over the course of the broadcast

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

Definitely the first Souled Out. Maybe one decent match in the whole thing, and every non-wrestling segment is utterly baffling. I tweeted Bischoff to ask why he put a middle-aged woman on a giant black toilet. He did not answer.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I'm watching New Blood Rising right now. Do they have RAW Is Benoit?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Fat Lowtax posted:

It was just a recent Benoit DVD that had come out, there was no wrestling, just some interviews in between

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Fat Lowtax posted:

of course they don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

LvK posted:

Sandman's existence just keeps getting more and more terrifying, huh

Sandman? He also talked about Tod Gordon's penchant for leaving hookers he bought online in his apartment surrounded by a ring of baby powder so if they moved while he was gone he could beat them.