Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Given the kind of show it is, it never really consistently improves in that particular way, even now there are occasional episodes that drag a lot. That said, episodes 1/2 are definitely weaker than any later ones in most ways bar some special exceptions IMO, given the cast hasn't had time to gel and develop chemistry yet, and the format is still new to the whole production-crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Running man was consistently amazing week after week for 2 years straight at one point. Not many shows can boast that.

It started to slog some time before the 180's for me though, I haven't watched it since then. I really should catch up and see if it picked up again though.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Subyng posted:

Can someone who is following the SA Genius game thread email me the link to the viewer's vista? I asked for it before but provided the wrong email address, whoops! subyngs @ gmail.com

Thanks

I would Like it, as well, but I don't have PMs.

EDIT: Thanks!

The man called M fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 15, 2014

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey, I've emailed the people who have asked, but so we don't clutter up this thread (especially with the new season starting soon) if anyone else wants access to the Viewer's Vista for the forum game I'm running and you don't have PMs, just email me.

My email is my username @gmail.com. You can also find my contact information in the OP of the game thread.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwulvjQytr0

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

I'd have wanted literately anyone else from Crime Scene, including Henry and the Detective(actually Detective would own)

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Video is dead. What was it?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
It was just a small featurette on one of the new cast members.... the guy from Crime Scene. It wasn't translated yet so it was kind of useless to me.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zythrst posted:

I'd have wanted literately anyone else from Crime Scene, including Henry and the Detective(actually Detective would own)

I'm with you there, I'd really rather have Ji Yoon on.

Henry would have owned too though. :colbert:

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Also don't miss out on todays Awful Genius game here on SA 7pm EST.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

sharktamer posted:

Running man was consistently amazing week after week for 2 years straight at one point. Not many shows can boast that.

It started to slog some time before the 180's for me though, I haven't watched it since then. I really should catch up and see if it picked up again though.

I guess I'm just a sucker for the show, since I've seen very few episodes I disliked. I even like the ddakji episodes.

I need to check out the first 10 episodes though, just to see them not have chemistry and established gimmicks yet.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

The SA Genius game is pretty fascinating to watch, there's already lots of blaming and deception going on :munch:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is there going to be an edited synopsis of SA Genius "episodes"? Because if you're only skimming through the game thread, it's just a bunch of people posting moves, which isn't really compelling reading. It doesn't happen at a time that I'm able to keep up with the viewer's vista or anything.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I too would be interested as watching live has proven impossible. :(

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Corn Thongs posted:

The SA Genius game is pretty fascinating to watch, there's already lots of blaming and deception going on :munch:

It's fantastic.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll be making "episodes" for the Vista to see. The one for the first match is already there.

Also to those players in here who aren't familiar with TGR, we have a rule which is that you don't talk about ongoing games. Viewers are fine to speculate, but I'd ask players not to join in. Nobody has broken any rules so far, but just for your notice.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
When you produce the actual episodes, would you mind making a thread in TGR just to post those that I can subscribe to? I don't want to follow everything live, but reading the episode synopsis sounds nice.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Suspicious Dish posted:

When you produce the actual episodes, would you mind making a thread in TGR just to post those that I can subscribe to? I don't want to follow everything live, but reading the episode synopsis sounds nice.

The problem with that is that the players will also have access to it. Just send Asiina a request for Vista access, its a Google doc that has all of that + confessionals + viewer discussion.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Oh. I was imagining after the game was done, they'd edit it into a post and put it in a thread somewhere. At which point, it would be nice for players to see the "broadcast".

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
They get access to the Vista once they're out of the game.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I just missed the subbed teaser videos by Bumdidlyumptious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnIwHLshaGM

The producers really know how to make a teaser video because I really can't wait and I'm excited just by watching this one clip. Watching Hweejong dial-up his survival instincts up to eleven makes me smile :allears:

BurningDance fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 18, 2014

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Bumdidlyumptious has four different teaser videos translated on their channel now.

Dongmin
Hweejong
Junghoon
Episode 1 Preview

One thing I really hope to see in the new season is a multiple person deathmatch like was hinted during the king game last season (And then never mentioned again!)

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

I've never been so jacked up for the selling price of watermelons!

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
The bios for Season 3 contestants are up on Bumdiddlyumptious's Tumblr.

Way more interested in the unknowns than the celebs, particularly Yoohyun and Hyunmin. It'd be nice to see a poker player go far on this show.

E: Also, there's thankfully no one whose picture says "I'm going to burn down this show" like Jiwon's did last season.

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 21, 2014

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I might be too quick to judge, but as much as I like Jang Dongmin in Abnormal Summit, it feels like he has some potential to form alliances and/or cause disruptions. That aside, I think it's better to remain neutral and open to all the new faces and find a favorite through each episode. I do wonder if one of the ladies will be a fearsome noona like Kyungran in S1.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Hweejong has to be one of the winners for the first few games or he is hosed. Since the first couple of deathmatches are basically popularity contests, people are likely to choose him (wheras later games rely much more on the ability of the deathmatch contestants themselves, so people would be scared to challenge him at that stage).

Glad to see less celebrities, though trying to sell contestants on things like "has IQ of xxx" or "top xxx percentile of test 10 years ago" is pretty lame.

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
Where do they even get their IQ scores? Is it a thing that Koreans all take at some point in high school?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I hope Hweejong makes it far. I like the guy even though I got a lot of smug satisfaction last season out of seeing him be the first to go.

Subyng
May 4, 2013
The oriental doctor strikes me as the most interesting contestant so far. From the other contestants we can kind of guess what their strengths will be from their occupations, but eastern medicine is kind of a bunch of mumbo jumbo in my opinion (speaking as someone who has experienced it) so I'm curious as to what his strong point will be. Also, just look at that piercing gaze.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

They need more women

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Man, they really couldn't find anything more to say about the actress other than her IQ and repeating that she's really pretty 3 times?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
While we're waiting on Genius season 3, everyone should watch Abnormal Summit episode 11, if only for the bit where the visiting Egyptian cast member gets into it with the Chinese cast member about their country's ancient inventions. Their back and forth is hilarious.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

For those curious, according to wikipedia papyrus is not paper so the Chinese guy was right.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!

Subyng posted:

The oriental doctor strikes me as the most interesting contestant so far. From the other contestants we can kind of guess what their strengths will be from their occupations, but eastern medicine is kind of a bunch of mumbo jumbo in my opinion (speaking as someone who has experienced it) so I'm curious as to what his strong point will be. Also, just look at that piercing gaze.

Also he is responsible for the shows visuals? wtf?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

OP has been updated with the bios!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Douwe posted:

I don't expect much more then the hacker last season but it would be amusing if everything was dressed up like your local asian pharmacy and most questions had to do with related subjects such as acupuncture

Subyng
May 4, 2013
I guess he does graphic design on the side??

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Douwe posted:

I'm not positive, but I think that's like Korean slang for being good looking? Like when they say a member of an idol group is responsible for the "visuals" in the group, it means they're the best looking member.

In this case, I wonder if the profile is being ironic.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
For those wondering about those bios' the most recent(episode 11) of Abnormal Summit kind of explains this as well. So from a Korean perspective it makes sense to care about IQ and test scores and language skills even if its not related. Though its ironic for them since Jinho had neither of the last two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
One thing that I like about The Genius is how the people with "smart specs" (the mathematician, the girl from MENSA) turn out to be bad players meanwhile you have Jinho clearly being smarter than everyone with his fast thinking skills and Sangmin being uh... Sangmin. It shows how hard judging intelligence can be.