Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

I realized that after the fight, but thanks anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Over the years as a medical professional I've found that the most efficient way of delivering care is via bolt-action high speed crossbow.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Bregor posted:

I've heard lots of complaints about her sidequest but the classmarks do help a lot and there are more than a few battles with hydras. Even her special class isn't that bad if you know POTD 1F's random battle has three possible Glass Pumpkins drops.
I think you are drastically underselling how big a pain in the rear end that is, even with the drop grinding trick. Tried that map a dozen times, never got a single one.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Rangpur posted:

I think you are drastically underselling how big a pain in the rear end that is, even with the drop grinding trick. Tried that map a dozen times, never got a single one.

In those random battles, only specific mobs that may or may not appear can drop the item you need. There's a link to a Google spreadsheet over at GameFAQs that tells you which ones with specific coordinates, elevations, classes, etc. Maybe you just didn't have the right mobs pop or were just really unlucky? I did POTD 1F ten times getting three Pumpkins each time which sucked but wasn't quite the waking nightmare people make it out to be. poo poo, trying to craft without PPSSPP cheats is worse IMO.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Helmet 10 Warehouse posted:

I realized that after the fight, but thanks anyway.

I've done it a few dozen times and it drives me insane when I do it. Not that it matters all that much in her hands, though.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Bregor posted:

In those random battles, only specific mobs that may or may not appear can drop the item you need. There's a link to a Google spreadsheet over at GameFAQs that tells you which ones with specific coordinates, elevations, classes, etc. Maybe you just didn't have the right mobs pop or were just really unlucky? I did POTD 1F ten times getting three Pumpkins each time which sucked but wasn't quite the waking nightmare people make it out to be. poo poo, trying to craft without PPSSPP cheats is worse IMO.

I did it...all legit too. Not a single cheat....no siree...

I'm not insane...

not insane....

insane...

:shepicide:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I really like that MotBQ has established a pretty stable kingdom, even if they did get the doom sword robbed from them. Do they always trust Denam, or is that just this route talking?

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Glazius posted:

I really like that MotBQ has established a pretty stable kingdom, even if they did get the doom sword robbed from them. Do they always trust Denam, or is that just this route talking?

Chapter four is generally the same for the primary story stuff....so yeah.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Glazius posted:

Lanselot is missing, Warren is still recovering, and tensions between Lodis and Bakram are mounting. Warren probably thinks Lodis may do something drastic, and he's running out of time. He really has no choice but to tell Denam the truth.

I like to think that Canopus, who was almost certainly a spy but has been with the Goons from the beginning, and now Mirdyn and Gildas all trust Denam at this point. :unsmith: But they're still surprised when Warren spills the beans.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Bregor posted:

I did POTD 1F ten times getting three Pumpkins each time which sucked but wasn't quite the waking nightmare people make it out to be. poo poo, trying to craft without PPSSPP cheats is worse IMO.
Yeah... Trust me, if you got three drops per battle ten times in a row then your luck isn't just good it's borderline miraculous. Don't get me wrong, crafting is its own special kind of stupid, but in a game full of tedious bullshit I am hard pressed to think of anything more tedious and more bullshit than collecting 30 of that one specific drop.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Bluh okay if my brother weren't playing LUCT right now I'd post more about a class. Should I cover the White Knight, given we have the classes to which to compare it, or Terror Knight, given it's the next generic on the list?

Necromancers are fuckin' fast, so fast you can tank with Drain Heart and Meditate. At least, if the undead aren't around to be immune to darkness. I put wind magic on Cressy so she'd have something to do at the undead, even if the deadshot is kinda wimpy.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Bluh okay if my brother weren't playing LUCT right now I'd post more about a class. Should I cover the White Knight, given we have the classes to which to compare it, or Terror Knight, given it's the next generic on the list?

Necromancers are fuckin' fast, so fast you can tank with Drain Heart and Meditate. At least, if the undead aren't around to be immune to darkness. I put wind magic on Cressy so she'd have something to do at the undead, even if the deadshot is kinda wimpy.

Terror Knight! Post something useful about them so I might actually use one. Lament of the Dead is a real nice ability but holy poo poo are the units slow.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Bregor posted:

Lament of the Dead is a real nice ability but holy poo poo are the units slow.

Just slap a silly doodle and that's the summary.

E: You know what here you go.

"In the Tortoise and the Hare, I'm the snail. With a sprain. Boo!"

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 19, 2014

Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

That works for me, added it to the op.

Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

Update 48: Action This Day

Hello, everyone. Last time we learned about a magic sword, found a secret shop, and did a filler plot battle.

This time we're going to Haiga Banhamuba to ask an old guy about the Dark Knights true objective in Valeria. However, the last battle tip us off to that fact that Bakram are already here.

For the first time in a long time we are going into a battle with no actual goons. It was bound to happen sooner or later, but don't worry this will not be the new norm. Only having 10 units and having to bring Cistina, Cerya, and Olivya along meant I kind of ran out of space.

Is that any way to speak to your own daughter? Or... have you abandoned me, as you did mother?

I have abandoned no one.

Then you'll tell me where to find the Apocrypha.

You'll have no aid from me in that foolishness, Sherri. None!

You leave me no choice but to bring you with me.

The knight makes good use of the standard punch animation to grab Mreuva.

I'm sure you'll change your mind once we've reached Heim.

Do not do this, Sherri!

Prepare him for the journey.

Away they go.

Well that was quick...

Denam makes a flashy entrance.

Who are you?

And he instantly loses any cool points that entrance would have gained him because no one knows who he is.

Prancet's son!

There will be time for talk later. Let me handle this.

What?

She is my daughter, Sherri.

There isn't any real point to this gif, but the crystals man. Look how shiny they are.

The Father watch over you.

Not cool Sherri. The man just died.

What about you, Denam? I seem to remember you as a fey child, delicate as a rose. But no matter. Such fancies will not stay my blade.

Okay, the game made a huge mistake. It gave us the high ground. More on that in a minute because first talking.

Then surrender to the Bakram, and it will end! You prolong this by clinging to father...a man who couldn't even guard his own wife!

Surely you cannot lay this at his feet! The Bakram killed mother, not him... The very Bakram you now serve!

Mother's blood is on our father's hands!

How can you say father lost, when it is you who have lost your way, sister? You saw him as he truly is, and you could not accept it. So you chose to throw it all away!

Next.

A colder reception than I'd hoped for, sister. Though I am glad to see you live, even though your front does not.

Yes, I live. And I will bear my shame until the Dark Knights are driven from the isles forever!

Even if that should mean drawing sword against your own blood?

You wanted this, Sherri!

One more to go.

Harm to me? I am not so careless as that. My strength will not fail me!

I fear that strength will become your undoing, sister. The Dark Knights brought the Liberation front to ruin, and they will do the same for the Bakram!

And your Almorican friends are any different? Do you not wield your strength against us? You take pains to find fault with me, when you only need look at yourself!

Any power we have obtained is merely coincidental.

We seek an end this bloody conflict... even though it mean more bloodshed.

Now that all that is out of the way let's get back to the battle.

The enemy has four ninjas and each one of them uses Decoy, which complete negates any non-magic damage from the next attack that hits.

And considering what they are walking into that's a smart move on the games part.

Since we have the high ground, we get to be the ones who launch arrows from impossible distances for once.

Try as I might, I could not get both our archer and her target in the same picture. Got to love the high ground.

Canopus only has a short bow, so his feats are a little less ridiculous.

As for the rest of our units. The game gave us such a good starting position so there's no real reason to move. We are going to turtle up and let the enemy do all the work. I'm a lazy person.

After a few rounds, the enemy makes it to our door step. Take a moment to look at that damage difference.

Keep in mind the Voltare's counter attack only does 50% damage. I don't think was Sherri put in charge of Bakram's A-squad.

Denam charms an enemy for the third battle in a row.

On the otherside of the battle, one of the ninjas attacks Gildas. Also, for some reason the ninja is equip with a short bow. Unless you are an archer or named Canopus they're kind of underwhelming.

Even so, since she has a ranged weapon and could possible attack our back row she must die.

But first we have Hobyrim sling a stone at her to get rid of nullify, so we can actually do damage.

Speaking of doing damage.

Opps. Forgot to turn on Tremendous Shot.

She survived, but Sara will finish her off in a moment.

Arycelle becomes even better.

While all that was going on Sheri got a spell off and she's pretty good.

Her sister does her part by throwing a rock at a ninja. That happens a lot in this fight.

But ninjas have a unique default ranged attack, so he counters by throwing a shuriken. Cerya blocks it with a spear.

The enemy puts more pressure on our frontline. Well they try anyway.

In response to our tactics the two enemy knights Phalanx up and blocks us in... Like we were going anywhere.

Here is a montage of all the enemies we kill before the knights get their next turn.

That's everyone except for Sherri, a cleric, and the knights of course. Good job protecting your allies you two.

As expected they don't stay around for too long once their guard is down.

Well you certainly didn't.

What is it that draws men to him, even now? Say what you will of Heirophant Morne, at least he does not lose his battles.

Because there is no surer road to victory than to join the winning side.

What good victory without principles?

As much good as taking your principles with you to your grave, surely. It is the victor who lives. that is the only truth that matters.

Before we go after Sherri we have to take care of that cleric.

Done.

Now for Sherri. As you might have guessed she, just like her three sisters, is recruitable. To do this we need to get her HP to below 10% so she will run away. This can be tricky. So there is going to be some trial and error as we whittle down her health.

Or we can just get luck and have it happen by chance. Effort averted!

Off she goes.

There you go. An exciting battle in which no one leveled up.

Then help me.

Fair question.

I know you are no tyrant - no Balbatos or Ronwey. But it is the people who suffer in any struggle, however noble. You know this as well as any. Your own Golyat suffered such a fate.

The more reason to quench the flames of war for good and all. We must forever rid the isles of the vile instruments the Heirophant and the duke have used against us.

Dorgalua's time is long past... What vestiges of that era remain are in the hands of the Dark Knights.

Catiua...

Another good question.

You know what this is kind of important, so I'm going to let all of you answer this one.

:siren:Voting Time: What is Denam going to say, choice 1 or choice 2?:siren:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

We've chosen our path, and now we must walk it.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Let's talk it out! 1.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Nah, out of the two people he grew up with, one got killed twice, leaving only Catiua. Let's try to avoid war with his sister. 1

When I did this level, I didn't know you only had to wound Sherri. I figured if she was important, she'd use her teleport stone regardless. Nope... I killed her and then got thoroughly confused. Did it was after powering through a few hours of gameplay, and I didn't want to replay them to test if she could be saved. Figured I messed up a question somewhere.

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

Denam knows that the dark knights only use her as long as they have the need. He 1. cannot do it

And now I know that I permanently missed both Cassandra and Sherri :negative:

Grimpond fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 23, 2014

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Family is family, we can't fight her, no matter how deluded she may be. Also if she's the legit heir, murdering her would be counter productive. That I cannot do.

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Herein I have explained the operation of the sun.
I feel like Chaos-route Denam would go with Option 1 here.

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

Yeah, Choice 1. We started out by making a choice that we wouldn't compromise our principles for the greater good, and we should continue that.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

denams an old softie at heart and couldn't hurt his own sister. 1. that i cannot do

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Uh. We're waging war on her, not running up and stabbing her. If she comes at us with an army, we'll crush it. I say 2

...Though that's probably the law answer and I'm a sucker for the law path. :v:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
2. I shall do what I must. Let's commit to this thing.

Nemo Somen
Aug 20, 2013

I say go for 2. I shall do what I must. We have members of our own group willing to fight their own families, how could we lead them if we are not willing to do the same?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Votin' 1. Princess or no Princess she's Catuia dammit, and she and Denam only have each other for family left!

Drakenel posted:

...Though that's probably the law answer and I'm a sucker for the law path. :v:

We're past Law/Chaos, actually. All versions of chapter 3 lead to this chapter 4, the differences being which sidequest setups we have and different unique characters. Law wouldn't have Cerya and Cistina here to talk to Sherri, but it would have other conversations in later battles. A sidequest for a unique dragon-focused beast tamer is only in Law, because the other important character, the unique Dragoon, is only in that path.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

1, because I think that'll result in what I want to see happen. :ssh:

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Nemo Somen posted:

I say go for 2. I shall do what I must. We have members of our own group willing to fight their own families, how could we lead them if we are not willing to do the same?

Yeah, this. Another vote for option 2.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Neurion posted:

1, because I think that'll result in what I want to see happen. :ssh:

2, for the same reason.

Balk
Oct 15, 2011
Let's see you talk your way out of this one. Choice 1.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
1. That I cannot do.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Let's face it. Sister dearest is working with crazy assholes.

Because if there's a way to avoid putting her six feet under, terrific, but if she's not seeing reason, that's no reason to lay down and die.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

1, That I cannot do

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Wow, don't think I've heard "gently caress it man, it's the winning side and I want to live" as an argument from a bad guy in a video game before.

Anyway, I vote option one.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Option 1. Can't give up your principles now.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

option 1

Everything being equal, option 2 would sound vastly out of character for Denem period (ok, maybe not neutral Denem....but definitely Chaos and surprisingly law).

Prowler
May 24, 2004

What is this, Suikoden V? That I cannot do, because I'm sure attacking your own sister, daughter of a very popular king, would do wonders for your reputation.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

mauman posted:

Everything being equal, option 2 would sound vastly out of character for Denem period (ok, maybe not neutral Denem....but definitely Chaos and surprisingly law).
Sorry, not buyin' it. If your goal is to unite the country then it is strategically dumb, as the guy above me mentioned. Also too, Catiua didn't align with the Dark Knights because she thought Lanselot looked dreamy in purple, she did it because it looked like the only way of accomplishing anything. She doesn't have some grand moral objection to Denam winning. Break the back of the outside agitators and she has no reason to remain opposed to us.

For all those reasons, and others, that I cannot do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
option1:That I cannot do

• Locked thread