Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

FarmerHank posted:

Has Opie brought up any mention of the contract negotiations? I know its a long shot but I want some circumstance to happen where Opie and Anthony are back together.

Anthony doesn't though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I'm really happy to no longer hear Anthony. Maybe one day he can send in some song parodies.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I think the only reasonable exposure to Ant at this point is to catch some clips every once in a while, or hear about the wacky stunts he will probably fail to pull off, and from afar watch his life very slowly fall apart inevitably somehow ending with him explaining on public record how a stripper drowning in his pool is not his fault

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Ant can be a funny motherfucker, and he's now got a visual element to work with that can be used to great results (see the two headed girl and making that disabled victim sing). He should go more with that instead of whatever the gently caress point he's trying to make with this constant racial poo poo.

The visual stuff is nice sometimes but I also think a big chunk of the audience is audio-only. Not sure how deep he can go with it.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Wasn't it just a week ago that a lot of you were saying his show had gotten better?

It's pretty good when he has a decent guest on or finds a funny topic. Seems like he's still getting comfortable with what works and what doesn't. Compared to other comedy podcasts, it's one of the best out there.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FarmerHank posted:

Has Opie brought up any mention of the contract negotiations? I know its a long shot but I want some circumstance to happen where Opie and Anthony are back together.
I assume he's glad to be rid of that white supremacist like the rest of you are. There will be no reunion for at least a year, Opie has said about fifty times already that it's time for everyone to do their own thing separately.

Niwrad posted:

It's pretty good when he has a decent guest on or finds a funny topic. Seems like he's still getting comfortable with what works and what doesn't. Compared to other comedy podcasts, it's one of the best out there.
For the wrong reasons, unfortunately. Once in a great while he makes a really funny line but mostly it's schadenfreude listening to him yell in his sad tiny box about what the browns did wrong today.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Sep 22, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
There should be a website called The Beavis Cumia Show, costarring The Mute Cameraman

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

"OpieRadio Accelerated"

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

quote:

Taleeb Starkes was a great guest. Being from philadelphia myself I could appreciate his views of the city. I remember when MLK HS was built and to watch it erode over the years is just sad. Hearing an American of African decent such as Mr. Strarkes was truly refeshing.

Haha this guy is trying way too hard

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Hat Thoughts posted:

Haha this guy is trying way too hard

You can tell he's super duper not racist because he said "American of African decent [???]". That means he views him as American first.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

An Enormous Boner posted:

You can tell he's super duper not racist because he said "American of African decent [???]". That means he views him as American first.

Does it?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Taleeb Sparkes is a GREAT American!*

* of African descent.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Did anyone else see This Is Where I Leave You this past weekend? Dax Shepard plays the douchiest stereotype shock jock you could think of. He's essentially Opie.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I love how the O&A subreddit and this thread are polar opposites. I've been enjoying the O&J show, although I agree it still hasn't quite found its groove. I don't think Opie is never going to be the funniest guy in the room, but he brings the radio vibe and a lot of great material to the show, he just needs two people to riff on it with. The O&J Show still feels like a radio show, Ant's show is a premium podcast, which is fine, but they feel very different. Frankly, I think they need to fill Ant's seat, lovely though it seems. I don't know who'd be up for it, but it'll be a better show when it's done.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Big Jay should just fill the Ant and Fez seat.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

El Generico posted:

I love how the O&A subreddit and this thread are polar opposites. I've been enjoying the O&J show, although I agree it still hasn't quite found its groove. I don't think Opie is never going to be the funniest guy in the room, but he brings the radio vibe and a lot of great material to the show, he just needs two people to riff on it with. The O&J Show still feels like a radio show, Ant's show is a premium podcast, which is fine, but they feel very different. Frankly, I think they need to fill Ant's seat, lovely though it seems. I don't know who'd be up for it, but it'll be a better show when it's done.

Opie sucks loving dog dicks.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dan Soder would have been a great replacement but I don't think Sirius is interested in investing in the show.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Was there anything to the rumor of bringing Artie Lange on to replace Anthony?

- edit Nope, looks like it's going to be Opie Radio!

https://careers-siriusxm.icims.com/...sRedirect=false

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 22, 2014

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

quote:

General Skills
Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
Must be a dependable, reliable, problem-solver who works independently and is technically efficient
Working independently and in a team environment
Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment

I don't these qualities apply to anyone working on the show now.

EDIT: My god, Sirius is a terrible loving company. I was looking at their job postings for the hell of it, and saw this gem on a posting for a write for Stern's channel:

quote:

At least four (10) years of experience at a tv or radio station or audio production facility

TL fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 22, 2014

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Opie should apply for it. He'd be perfect.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I just bagged on Fez but just heard him take on Mo Rocca at presidential trivia and thoroughly enjoyed it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TL posted:

EDIT: My god, Sirius is a terrible loving company. I was looking at their job postings for the hell of it, and saw this gem on a posting for a write for Stern's channel:
Four is the new ten! You'd think they could afford to have one of those interns proofread their poo poo.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

For a second I thought I had clicked into the steam thread, and that someone had posted another FaceRig picture...

:stare:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Morter posted:

For a second I thought I had clicked into the steam thread, and that someone had posted another FaceRig picture...

:stare:
Now I want a rig of that face with the show audio. :allears:

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
FezDust rules

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/OrbaniDiana/status/514206822371037184

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

If she actually found a job then good for her. Too bad it almost certainly won't last.

At least it will most likely end funny.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
"How long do I have to wear this for? Is my check still showing up on Friday?"

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

quote:

I won't I'm never late for a job I haven't been late for a job in a long long time.

Technically that's very true, you can't be late for a job you don't have.

Hopefully she'll finally get her poo poo at least partially together, now she doesn't have Bill enabling her.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I wish there were youtube achievements similar to Xbox achievements, because I think I would get one for listening to the entire Midnight Rider Saga in less than three days. :toot:

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Call Me Charlie posted:

"How are ya??"

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Opie & Jim

https://university-siriusxm.icims.com/jobs/9901/spring-internship--intern%2c-opie-%26-jim-%28nyc%29/job

Sirius is so confused :(

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
Wait so Fez painted his face again today? What the gently caress is this bit?

https://twitter.com/RonandFezSXM/status/514447482886291456

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ransom posted:

Might as well, it's not like he's using the face to talk

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I think they're playing it loose to see how October sorts itself out. No guarantee that Jimmy may stay on.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Where else would Jim go?

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

therealjon_ posted:

Where else would Jim go?

To a place with barbells or something

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ChristianDB posted:

To a place with barbells or something
fawk yeah double guns

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

Ransom posted:

Good job Radio is a visual medium so we can all enjoy Fezzie's shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Fez's explanation that he is attempting to "paint himself out of a problem" has to be one of the funniest things said in the past few weeks.

• Locked thread