Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Let's see some campaigning for these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Adus ties for fan favourite again.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Hal that's amazing

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Oh, I forgot to vote and vote for Hal.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

With an hour and 45 minutes to go on the voting, it is extremely close. Give them both a listen and vote with your heart!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
they're both good. i wish i had 2 votes so i could vote for both and have no effect on the race.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Power of Pecota posted:

Let's see some campaigning for these

adelbert winnifred brownforth just wanted to entertain you. winning would just be the cherry on top.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

OH GOD AM I A BELLHOP BECAUSE I'M FEELING THIS LOBBY

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Power of Pecota posted:

OH GOD AM I A BELLHOP BECAUSE I'M FEELING THIS LOBBY

The game broke PoP. Yes.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

20 Minutes left for fan vote. These two choices right now are still EXTREMELY close.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Vote for me as dark horse third party

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Get out of here James K Poque.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dr. Hurt posted:

Fanfiction Fans, we have a problem. There is a TIE between two players in the player voting contest. Because of this irregularity, we will have a special runoff ballot.

:siren: I will open a special voting session until 9 o'clock tonight EST. :siren:

Pm me your vote for either

Adus: Until the End of Time

or

Hal: Melvin the Jerk

The vote is in your hands. Call me Ishmael.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Poque posted:

Vote for me as dark horse third party

Oooh, I should have done this. Is it too late to campaign for a write-in?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
merk I don't quite understand your post restriction but I love it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

The game broke PoP. Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rtZGtCj3BY

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi guys, I actually think you should vote for Adus, his was amazing. I literally did mine in the 5 minutes before the contest ended and it's enough for me that you guys think it was even worthy of being in the conversation!

Or vote for me, I do love winning stuff and I make lots of funny voices.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

...the gently caress did I just watch?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also Spokane is a really terrible place, hope none of you live here!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

...the gently caress did I just watch?

The greatest steam-shovel simulator (with cat noises!)

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O7CHpbXIiM

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Those turtles clearly wanted to be in that water and they were doing fine. I don't think you were saving them.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Those turtles clearly wanted to be in that water and they were doing fine. I don't think you were saving them.

They definitely did not seem pleased

I'm happy people were making new NES games in 2011. Plus I feel like I learned some stuff watching this.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Is it still day 1?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

winvirus posted:

Is it still day 1?

No, it's D2.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Voting has been closed for the fanfiction contest. Winners for the contest and Challenge 2 will be posted shortly.

However by a commanding margin, Hal has won the fan vote for Best Dramatic Reading! Hal enjoy your secret reward!

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
oh well can't win em all

grats hal!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Adus posted:

oh well can't win em all

grats hal!

Yours was excellent!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Congrats Hal!

##vote JakeP

I read and honestly there is nothing that stood out to me. Not enough people are actually playing which makes me not want to vote those who are.

JakeP, explain what happened please!

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Magnus Gallant posted:

Yours was excellent!

thank you!

didn't think i'd get close to winning cause i was just doing it for the hell of it so even making it close was a nice surprise

thanks to all who voted for me i love you

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

First before we go into our Challenge let me introduce our guest judges.

Hailing from regions unknown, not much is known about bug. Bug does bug things. Bug lives a bug life. Bug enjoys just chilling around and bugging out. If you bug the bug, then the bug will bug back but that's just bug being bug.

That's right guest judge #1 is the third strongest, Gulag Dolls

Here's a little about your second judge...

She knows the names used for all nine Nazgul used in the Decipher LoTR card game, and why eight of them weren't even names. She has strong feelings about the character arc and personal growth of Vegeta. Her favorite Doctor is the Ninth. Her highest-rated fanfiction on AO3 is based on the thirty-second opening cutscene of Dark Souls 1.* She's got a loaded headcanon and she's not afraid to use it!

Please welcome your judge, Poison Mushroom Snape Yurameshi Kenshin Uchicha!

Also, he can tell you everything you need to know about DC Comics, and probably some things you don't want to know. When it comes to the canon of Scrooge McDuck it's hard to beat him. The only person who knows more about 1930's newspaper comics is his brother 8 bux.

Your third judge is your mod, Doc Hurt.

And finally, he likes sports and he don't care who knows. From shooting hoops to the superbowl. He likes sports and he don't care who knows. Football tennis hockey golf. Touchdown.

Your final judge is Tremendous Taste!

In the Judge zone we had a hard time deciding a single reading to give this to. First of all I wanted to thank everyone who submitted a dramatic reading to the challenge. I know my weekend was much more entertaining because of it. And now without further ado. The winner of the dramatic reading contest is. . . . . . . . . . .

*I swear to God, all of this is true.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

*COMMERCIAL BREAK*

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Magnus

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

A FOUR WAY TIE

Each judge could not agree with the others about the best fanfic reading on the list, so instead we are going to split the victory rather than lose friendships. Rather than just one winner, we are giving four prizes out for judges choice.

The Gulag Award for Professional Excellence:
Adus - the quality you put into your masterpiece theater really put you a leg above competitors. Your professional sound was appreciated.

The Mushroom Award for Endurance:
Mr. Capps - In the Mario series, the mushroom is a symbol of vitality and a resurgence of life. We are sure after reading that Omegaverse story of personified countries in heat loving on an airplane you could really use a mushroom as well.

Hurt 'em Award:
Byers - The Hurt 'em Award is given to the fanfiction that's the most physically painful to sit through. Puntification gave strong competition in this category for his snake sex, but really I challenge anyone to listen to Byers all the way through without having to stop the reading.

The Tremendous Memorial Award:
Little Mac - the Tremendous Memorial award goes to an all around MVP. You didn't fit into the other three categories, but had a quality enough reading to be rewarded. This recipient also had the good Taste to shine some light on a serious subject, in this case cancer.

Thank you so much for all the entries. Winners will be pm'd their rewards. The next challenge will be posted in about 10 minutes.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
If someone won a vig, please shoot Poque.

Seriously he is nothing but a distraction and hindrance to town.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I sit among the giants of the "Reading Awful FanFic" field.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
No shoot tremendous taste

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Yes shoot me

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

No shoot tremendous taste

If I had a gun, this is exactly what I would do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Hurt, check your PMs.

• Locked thread