Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Cardboard Box posted:

i would be shocked if people could do more than texture swaps. a big thing is that as video games have gotten more complex they've gotten increasingly difficult to mod, and the vast majority of games released these days (particularly if they're ports from console) have all their files heavily encrypted.

the fact is that for like 99% of games released these days modding is either impossible or very limited without developer-provided mod tools, and I would say there's a less than 0% chance of those being made for the PC version of 2k15.

Indeed, or at least audio swapping (replace lovely sfx). At the very least render edits for CAWS and the ability to import movie files and music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah, I mean I'm really hoping that people will be able to figure out some cool stuff considering how they've been able to hack textures and music and stuff into the console versions, but I'm not holding my breath for anything crazy

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I really wanted to play more people's chaaaa.....
Waiting on network

Mp. But it was unbearably laggy.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Typically with modding, where there's a will there's a way. Most games don't get total conversion-type mods, but a dedicated modder can pull off more than you'd expect. You'll get things the console people won't and in all likelihood, basic under-the-hood stat mechanics will probably be adjustable and you'll be able to do more with meshes and models than the game typically allows (see: Mass Effect 3's facegen system producing 100% rear end, vs. the custom modded facemeshes that look as good as facescan they made for the default Shepard)

But yeah, don't expect custom entrance movements or arena renders or anything crazy like that. What I really hope for is moddable scripting, so that opponent AI might be improved, and things like damage / stamina rates can be tweaked to provide more satisfying match flow.

I could watch Paul Heyman cut promos on youtube commenters all day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3odv9VcNK6E

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Sep 23, 2014

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Custom entrance animations should be entirely possible, but how good they will be is another matter. Back in the day it'd take me a good month or so to do the animations for a weapon model in Counter-Strike, and that was a far more simple system and much more simple movements. Granted, I'm sure there are better tools now and of course there are people far better at animating now than I ever was 12+ years ago, but I still can't imagine a semi-good entrance animation taking any less than a few months to create, let alone something good enough to fit in amongst the proper motion captured entrances. An entrance animation is not a crazy notion but it would be such a time investment that I doubt you'll see anything even semi-good being made within the first six months.

Custom moves could well happen, especially tweaks of what the create-a-finisher mode allows. Those surely have to be saved somewhere so opening up whatever that animation file happens to be and modifying from there should be straight-forward.

Arena modding probably will happen quickly because that's a static model (and the games themselves have arena creation modes). I'd be surprised to see anything like a crowd overhaul, but recreations of the Nitro set or the Smackdown fist set or whatever should be easy.

Wrestler modding/creation/reskinning is inevitable as that's just a case of someone releasing the game's animation skeleton. Again, it'll take time before you see the better models and skins, but it'll certainly happen. Hell, people already worked out how to do this with the console verions of the last game (and many other games), with the game running on PC natively it should be a piece of piss to get started. If you look at how people are able to take characters from fighting games and basically paste them into other games, adding or replacing wrestlers in this shouldn't be an issue.

Audio/video replacement is as basic as modding gets so that'll probably be on the cards within the first couple of weeks after release, I would expect.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Yeah but what about sex mods and BIGGER TITTYS??

I'm pretty stoked for this, I haven't played a WWE game since 2011. Even though the videos make the game play look weak, I'll still probably sink a ridiculous amount of free time into this.

I hope it's not a delayed release like other pc games though.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I never thought I would say this, but I'm starting to regret getting the pair of Epic Brocks over the UR ones. As soon as I put him in my exhibition deck, I became unable to win at all. I win the match I use him in, but lose the others.
Maybe that will change when I get the second UR Cena from the Ladder.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I bought a new, moderately powerful computer instead of a new console so I hope this is real and not another in a line of WWE miscues.

On modding: I don't expect custom animations but if create-a-finisher mode is still in, maybe that can be tweaked. Something like the old No Mercy mods where just certain animations were tweaked/reordered/pieced together to make new moves.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 23, 2014

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Ok I'm gonna need a cap of that.

Stare at the cards long enough and they have eyes.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
So far I've done two Epic tier KOTRs, and qualified for both. Both times I got Epic Divas. The first time I got a Brie Bella, who was worse than the Cameron I got in an Exhibition board. This time I got a Naomi, who's at least better.

For once I don't want a Diva drop, you drat game...lemme pro my Epic Jericho :mad:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Got my two Super Rare Brocks :toot:

Probably could have ground my way up to the Ultra rares but I didn't want to risk getting only one if I burnt out or got too many diminishing returns and ran out of time so I quit at 29k (ended up at 33).

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I ended up in the 14,000s because I thought 15,000 is where you got 2 UR Brocks. Oops.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

In Exhibition, I just had my first run-in with a Diamond Legendary Lesnar. I lost, of course.

On the bright side, I got two Epic Brocks from the PCC, which pushed me to Legendary, and my freebie was Big Show, who can tag with Brock. This is good because my pre-Brock line-up was all blue-arrow UR Pros.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

I got my first non-support Legendary from the People's Champion Challenge, but I'll never be able to make it a Pro. Anything involving Speed and/or Charisma is a problem against Epic Pros but dude's still a beast at level 40:

interpunct fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 23, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

This is just the best drat thing ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eftxj4IEL_w

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4seS_zbVIw

ahahaa

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

interpunct posted:

I got my first non-support Legendary from the People's Champion Challenge, but I'll never be able to make it a Pro. Anything involving Speed and/or Charisma is a problem against Epic Pros but dude's still a beast at level 40:

In all honesty, I wanna see the stats on that Pro, because they have to be INSANE.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

smashpro1 posted:

In all honesty, I wanna see the stats on that Pro, because they have to be INSANE.

If the stat growth on that last level is roughly accurate for every level, it'd be 1650/1573/1319/1452 (depending on rounding)

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

According to the updated spreadsheet, it's a beastly 1991/1933/1610/1782.

For reference, that means without procs and support, only Pro Austin/Hogan/Rock/Ultimate on Charisma and Guerrero/Michaels/Mysterio on Speed have any chance of taking a game from him.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 23, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when is part 2 of the goddamn roster reveal

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

epitasis posted:

when is part 2 of the goddamn roster reveal

V good question

KidneyKai
Nov 6, 2010
Does anyone else feel remorse when they have no option but to feed a bunch of cards, that got them so far, to superior ones?

Rare Pro R-Truth
Rare Pro Justin Gabriel
Rare Pro Eva Marie
Super Rare Eddie Guerrero
Super Rare Pro Mr. McMahon

You all did well.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I look forward to the day when I have to even consider feeding SRs.

I've been in the UR+ tier since Saturday and the only two that have dropped are Dusty and HHH.

Current deck (all maxed)
UR Dusty
UR HHH
Pro SR Big Show
Pro SR Cesaro
Pro Rare Eva Marie

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

KidneyKai posted:

Does anyone else feel remorse when they have no option but to feed a bunch of cards, that got them so far, to superior ones?

Rare Pro R-Truth
Rare Pro Justin Gabriel
Rare Pro Eva Marie
Super Rare Eddie Guerrero
Super Rare Pro Mr. McMahon

You all did well.

No, because feeding a maxed out pro jacks your new superstar up to almost max level. It's glorious.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

SilverMike posted:

Where is that wacky thing? My bookmark no longer works.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Yeah, I just fed one of my new Brocks a maxed non-pro SR Kofi and, well, Kofi, you served your purpose well.

Actually no I don't think I ever had the SR Kofi in service so gently caress 'im.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Telex posted:

No, because feeding a maxed out pro jacks your new superstar up to almost max level. It's glorious.

Though your journey together up the ladder was fun, they realize that they are now holding you back, and give you their soul to make you stronger for the challenges ahead.

It's beautiful, really.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I fed my SR pro Vince and ADR to other SR pro cards because when I made those two pro I didn't realize you needed both cards maxed out before combining.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Where is that wacky thing? My bookmark no longer works.

The new one is right here, not sure what happened the first.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Someone post a picture of the Super Rare Miz card please I want to laugh at it.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

SilverMike posted:

For reference, that means without procs and support, only Pro Austin/Hogan/Rock/Ultimate on Charisma and Guerrero/Michaels/Mysterio on Speed have any chance of taking a game from him.

:stare:
Sweet Jesus.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A PC version of a wrestling game? :aaa:

Looks like I'll be playing a wrestling game for the first time since like 2007.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

A PC version of a wrestling game? :aaa:

Looks like I'll be playing a wrestling game for the first time since like 2007.

Same, only I haven't bought a wrestling game since like N64. gently caress yes.

The modding alone is going to be insane. I genuinely hope Nexusmods gets a hold of 2k15. I will wade through the never ending abyss of giant tit rape dungeon mods if it means people are going to be doing Skyrim levels of customization.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Nude Funkasaurus Mod - 8 downloads

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

if it means people are going to be doing Skyrim levels of customization.

they're not going to because Skyrim has actual modding tools and this game won't. there will be some basic stuff but don't get your hopes up for a ton of crazy mods.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
imagine if CAWs on the PC were just files instead of having to deal with the server

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Serious question: Can I change everyone's theme to Bawitdabaw?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I mean hopefully you can do that without mods

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Except on the PS4 and the Xbone.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Liar Lyre posted:

Serious question: Can I change everyone's theme to Bawitdabaw?

And all the match music and interstitial music.

All of it is Bawitdabaw.

ALL OF IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

And all the match music and interstitial music.

All of it is Bawitdabaw.

ALL OF IT

Change all the commentary to parts of various songs.