Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
oh man the gulag vote

thank you! i am honored!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If I were town I'd be very mad at FV

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Poque posted:

Yes shoot me

Shut up.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hi FV. how are you

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
FV is on the scum team.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Challenge 2: Crossover Fanart-a-go-go!

Wherever fanfiction has gone, fanart is not far behind. This ranges from people illustrating their OC's to friends drawing pictures of each other's stories. Now let's say you love drawing Sonic the Hedgehog characters, but you got tired of drawing the same characters interacting with each other day after day. I know, this is a constant struggle that many of you face daily. But don't worry, there's a solution. You, like every other human in the universe are a fan of Shrek. That big green ogre loves to tell it like it is, and he makes you feel like an all star. So what if. . .you happened to mix them together like they were interacting.

Yeah now that's the stuff! You've entered into the realm of crossovers! It could be characters dressing up like each other, interacting with each other, kissing each other, sensuously touching each other, loving each other, snuggling each other. Boy oh boy the possibilities are endless, and yet it always ends up being romantic for some reason.

YOUR CHALLENGE IS THIS: By 10:00 pm, Thursday the 25th of September you will create a piece of crossover fanart. The possibilities are endless for who crosses over with us. This is an artistic challenge, so try to make your art as well done as possible. Even if you don't think you can draw, that has never stopped fanartists before. You have two days to make the weirdest crossover fanart possible. Good luck.

Try to make your characters recognizable. Remember that crossover fanart exists on a strange boundary. On one hand you want to possibly draw obscure and odd characters that you love/think would be funny to include. But on the other hand you want people to recognize who you draw. Part of the fun of crossovers is decyphering who is in the picture, so don't make it too hard on the audience!

If you are stuck and need inspiration why not go to the Weird Fanart Thread in PYF and look around for a while and get an idea for weird fanart. Good luck!

Bonus Points section Your fanart will be given bonus points for
*subtle inclusion of some sort of fetish
*contains an OC (original character) of some type
*contains either a religious, political, or social message of some way

I can confirm that the winner of this challenge will get a reward that is absolutely game changing.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm entering this contest even if FV kills me with her scum nightkill

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Yes. I know what I'm doing. It will be glorious.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

One submission per person again, right? Does the fanart's story need to be original, or could I take one of my prized saved fanfics and draw the graphic novel?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Poque posted:

Hi FV. how are you

Very stressed. Work is draining my will to live.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

One submission per person please. You can base the fan art off of fanfiction, but remember it needs to have the crossover element involved.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Dr. Hurt posted:

One submission per person please. You can base the fan art off of fanfiction, but remember it needs to have the crossover element involved.

Oh, it will. Wait, does the crossover have to be with fictional characters?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Can we have some sort of fanfic maths competition at some point, for the non-creatives amongst us?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

Oh, it will. Wait, does the crossover have to be with fictional characters?

No. Anything is fair game.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Can we have some sort of fanfic maths competition at some point, for the non-creatives amongst us?

Being able to draw has never stopped someone from making fanart before. You can do it F_V!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dr. Hurt posted:

No. Anything is fair game.

Being able to draw has never stopped someone from making fanart before. You can do it F_V!

But I want a competition I can win. Sudoku anyone?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

But I want a competition I can win. Sudoku anyone?

I am all for a fanfic maths competition

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I can't draw but i still drew Gay Algebra Zemus when I was tiny

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poque posted:

I can't draw but i still drew Gay Algebra Zemus when I was tiny

I have no idea what this is.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I posted it in thread. FIND IT!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poque posted:

I posted it in thread. FIND IT!

No way. I refuse to click on any links in this thread or read any long posts that might contain fanfic attempts.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Poque posted:

that is not the fanart i drew. BUT THIS IS

big nothing - Gay Algebra Zemus, town-aligned reverse lynchbomb - was killed night 1!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

MY EYES!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's honestly better than anything I will produce. I'll still try.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Do we post in thread or is it a secret? Also I take we're not supposed to say who or what it is?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You guys this is important I spent an hour on this. RSVP ASAP

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Too late I'm posting it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

John Cena posted:

Adus

A/S/L: 29/M/Seattle, WA
I usually post in: Uh... Let's Play or TVIV, I guess
My best buddy on SA is: none really. maybe Kuvo?
Why I should play Awful Survivor: i'm the ideal player. my incredible social ability and strategic insight will easily navigate me to the end of the gaaaahahaha hell no

because i really like survivor and i want to have fun
What you can expect from me in this game: even i don't know what to expect. probably a lot of poor decisions.
Why I am going to win: miraculously everyone else will somehow be slightly dumber than i am
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: commission homestuck/survivor crossover fanart
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? ketchup belongs wherever you want it man, i don't judge
My favorite anime is: giant bomb's persona 4 endurance run

finally. time to make this a realtiy.

though i guess i'll be commissioning myself

good thing i have the $75 dollar gift card to give... to myself

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I should be sleeping, but had to get something on paper tongiht. Behold page one of "Until the End of Time."

Try to guess who the major characters will be. Hint: there are three.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Byers2142 posted:

i have no idea nor does anyone else in this thread

that said, this is beautiful

already i'm concerned that my art skills are too poor to genuinely make recognizable art

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Byers2142 posted:

Anne Frank, Hitler, and Shrek

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Opopanax posted:

Anne Frank, Hitler, and Shrek

Nope, although I've been told it's the same story Adus read, so plans have changed. Art is always fluid...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Adus posted:

i have no idea nor does anyone else in this thread

that said, this is beautiful

already i'm concerned that my art skills are too poor to genuinely make recognizable art

This is absolutely true for me too.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Byers2142 posted:

Nope, although I've been told it's the same story Adus read, so plans have changed. Art is always fluid...

Is it a love triangle between Uncle Arthur from Bewitched and both Aunt Vivians from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Adus posted:

this is me also

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If you're a better artist than me then you have nothing to worry about, and if you're worse, well I'm sorry about your hands

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

please nobody take away my dream of crossing over the unlikely pairing of manitoba premier greg selinger and ex-philadephia city councilman turned mayor michael "busta" nutter

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I fear that my artistic talents won't be enough to realize my vision. I fear even more that it won't stop me

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not quite sure if I'm ashamed or proud of this.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

DuckHuntDog posted:

I targetted Poque with a one shot ability that randomed his role, alignment and win condition, and the result PM said that it was successful, so even if he was being open about his role, it is most likely different today.

I don't know how this ability is supposed to be useful for town, but targetting Poque sounded funnier than helping Diqnol with a boring role.

I don't understand how this could be a town role. What if you did hit scum? They could become town but they would know who the scum team was?

• Locked thread