Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Septic Knothead
Jul 23, 2009

Boris S Wart
The Second Meanest Man In The World

weekly font posted:

I love all the WHM guys for one reason or another. Andrew is a great host and nails the impressions (good or bad), Steve is the quickest witted, Eric's dry humor is a great balance and Chris has righteous indignation paired with some deep film knowledge. That said, Andrew-Eric-Chris episodes are by far the weakest. I don't know if that's saying more about Steve or Chris.

That said, have any of you guys tried watching their Private Cabin skits on Youtube? Hoooooly poo poo are they bad.

Is it Steve that does the "fat nerd kid" voice? That rules.

HDTGM is the first bad movie podcast I listened to and I really enjoyed it but now I find that I enjoy WHM so much more. Flophouse isn't bad, but it feels like it is the first 25% loving around, 50% rushing through the movie and the last 25% letters and more loving around. It's not that the Flophouse isn't enjoyable, but WHM spends more of their time on the movie which I like better.

HDTGM's tendency to talk over each other and yell was something that never really bothered me until I heard how the WHM manage to get out of each other's way so much better. HDTGM is still worth a listen, the "Stayin' Alive" episode is quite good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Vakal posted:

How was the sequel to Butterfly Effect? I'm assuming it was terrible, but I'm curious if it would make as good of an episode as the original one did.

I don't know about 2 but Butterfly Effect 3's twist ending is the guy's sister can time travel too and is killing his love interests because she's in love with him. so it's one of the most insane movies ever.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Septic Knothead posted:

Is it Steve that does the "fat nerd kid" voice? That rules.

Yeah, that's his "young Steve" voice.

HEY MA TOMMY LEE JONES IS GONNA PLAY TWO-FACE!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Smalltember Smallvember concludes today with A Talking Cat!?!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, that's his "young Steve" voice.

HEY MA TOMMY LEE JONES IS GONNA PLAY TWO-FACE!

~Iiiiii don't caaaaaareeeee!!~

radlum
May 13, 2013

DoombatINC posted:

Is The Flop House the first of the bad movie podcasts to tacke this movie? It was pretty much made for them. The only dissapointing thing about the episode, no House Cat =(

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

DoombatINC posted:

Watched that after the SA front page movie review, and boy howdy is it a worthless pile. Can't wait for this ep.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Flop House's Haneke/Herzog tangent was an all-timer

Kangra
May 7, 2012

GraPar posted:

Flop House's Haneke/Herzog tangent was an all-timer

This just moved up in my listening queue. Herzog's Walking With Dinosaurs was a classic as well.

OldTennisCourt posted:

I don't know about 2 but Butterfly Effect 3's twist ending is the guy's sister can time travel too and is killing his love interests because she's in love with him. so it's one of the most insane movies ever.

I would seriously believe you if you said this happened in one of the Ender's Game books.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Vakal posted:

There are a ton of King movies that aren't horror oriented.

It's horror-ish

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I saw this fucker in the theaters. Yuuuck.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

radlum posted:

Is The Flop House the first of the bad movie podcasts to tacke this movie? It was pretty much made for them. The only dissapointing thing about the episode, no House Cat =(

They never mention the house cat anymore. I was surprised when their song contest involved him (her?) last year, since the cat only seems to come up in letters.

Also, the Secret Window episode of WHM was great, especially that tangent about the taste of combos. "YES, I LIKE PIZZA THAT TASTES LIKE DOG FOOD."

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
No Jason or June, no thanks.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Irish Joe posted:

No Jason or June, no thanks.

That's a shame, you're missing a good episode.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I haven't listened to the new whm but it is a drat shame Eric is not in it sine he does the best "you stole mah story"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Calaveron posted:

I haven't listened to the new whm but it is a drat shame Eric is not in it sine he does the best "you stole mah story"

Thanks to him me and some of my friends have started just slipping 'you stole mah story' into times when we're arguing about things, and now this episode will increase it even more.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Equeen posted:

That's a shame, you're missing a good episode.

The snippet of that commentary track that Paul played is hilarious. "Magical Realism" indeed.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

davidHalestorm posted:

The snippet of that commentary track that Paul played is hilarious. "Magical Realism" indeed.

I'm really tempted to hunt down a copy of the DVD just so I can listen to the commentary. Because the guy sounds like he thought he was really making *~ART~*.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm really tempted to hunt down a copy of the DVD just so I can listen to the commentary. Because the guy sounds like he thought he was really making *~ART~*.

I've got a copy of the DVD since I picked it up for the Rifftrax. The commentary is that insane.

Commentary on bad movies is often fascinating since you often get some very out of touch people that you need to read between the lines to really understand what happened.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Someone should do a podcast version of CTOTD. Or maybe a digest telling you where to skip to in the movie to get the best bits. And not just the bad movies, the crazy commentaries.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Due to a technical mess up WHM hint should be ignored.

radlum
May 13, 2013
So this happened: http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-december-dynamite-2014-solicits/1100-149834/

The Flop House guys are gonna write a Flash Gordon holiday special. That sounds pretty good, though they don't have an artist yet; I guess it's time for June and Jason to catch up and join Paul in a The Phantom New Year's special.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Jason isn't allowed to do anything else until Nundercover finally makes it out of development.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

"Even Dorf Started Small" cracked me up real hard. That and the preceding riff about Michael Hanukkah were classic Flophouse bits.

Mantic
Oct 25, 2007
Speaking of the Flophouse it appears that they have joined the Maximum Fun network.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mantic posted:

Speaking of the Flophouse it appears that they have joined the Maximum Fun network.

Oh that's wonderful, they'll fit in great.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mantic posted:

Can't wait for the Extreme Restraints spots.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Kind of sucks that tomorrow is the last day of September and not the first of October. I wonder if WHM will take pity and start the Spooktacular early.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Last week could be considered the start of the Spooktackular if you find fresh steamed corn particularly scary

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DoombatINC posted:

Last week could be considered the start of the Spooktackular if you find fresh steamed corn particularly scary

Nothin scarier than a stolen story, boy.

Al! posted:

Can't wait for the Extreme Restraints spots.

"Boy Elliot I wish we could shut you up for a second..."

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Mantic posted:

Huh, I wonder why they left All Things Comedy. I was just about to check other podcasts besides Walking the Room in that network, too.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Come to think of it Dan did plug MBMBAM last time.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
Loved the Double Dragon episode. With its record 3 Simpsons references. They have been really on since the break - and I'm hoping against hope that the hint for next week results in Varsity Blues....

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I can't believe WHM ruled out Creepshow! Is anyone going to shed tears over doing that as a We Love Movies episode?

Next week starts their horror movie month so it's going to be C.H.U.D. 2: Bud the C.H.U.D.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

GPTribefan posted:

Loved the Double Dragon episode. With its record 3 Simpsons references. They have been really on since the break - and I'm hoping against hope that the hint for next week results in Varsity Blues....

I would love to see them find a way to work Varsity Blues into Spooktakular. Unless they're not doing Spooktakular next week. In which case BOOOOOO.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

This year's Spooktacular is sequel mania so Bud the CHUD makes sense.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

weekly font posted:

This year's Spooktacular is sequel mania so Bud the CHUD makes sense.

Yeah, they have teased that one before in the past and now would be a good time for it.

I'm also guessing that Blade Trinity is going to rear its ugly head this month.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Random Stranger posted:

I can't believe WHM ruled out Creepshow! Is anyone going to shed tears over doing that as a We Love Movies episode?

Next week starts their horror movie month so it's going to be C.H.U.D. 2: Bud the C.H.U.D.

The thing is, even with We Love Movies episodes like Tuff Turf there was still enough insane bad stuff to make jokes. Creepshow is a legitimately great film so the comedy value is kinda thin.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Maybe it's me, but I really don't get podcast networks. I'm not going to listen to a podcast because it's vaguely associated with something that I like. And the five minute plea for donations to support a bunch of shows I don't care about at the beginning of this week's Flop House was really annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013
The announcement was too long, but the episode was good. The movie was very forgettable but Hallie is a great guest.