Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
what does it mean that i crave death in every game i join. i envy you pock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay I will say a real thing which is that DHD's ability makes no sense. Realistically it can only turn a town into a scum. It can't work on turning a scum into a town because then that person would just out the entire scum team end of game. So given that we have an ability that turns town into scum, that's much more likely to be a scum ability, perhaps a 3P ability at best, but certainly not a town ability.

##vote DHD

Now back to your regularly scheduled fanart.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

After some discussion I have decided that 25 posts is a bit high. Instead it will be cut down to 20! TWENTY POSTS OR ELSE YOUR INTERNET WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

Okay I will say a real thing which is that DHD's ability makes no sense. Realistically it can only turn a town into a scum. It can't work on turning a scum into a town because then that person would just out the entire scum team end of game. So given that we have an ability that turns town into scum, that's much more likely to be a scum ability, perhaps a 3P ability at best, but certainly not a town ability.

##vote DHD

:agreed: :ms:
##vote dhd

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rarity posted:

It is a ~*GUT READ*~

No, it's a reasonless vote from you on the person you always joke vote on.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(also would now be willing to vote Poque in light of his possible alignment change.)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(and as an anniversary present.)

(PS. Happy anniversary :3:)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
you absolutely should.

##vote poque
##vote poque
##vote poque
##vote poque
##vote poque
##vote poque
##vote poque
##vote poque
##vote poque
##vote poque
##vote poque

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dr. Hurt posted:

After some discussion I have decided that 25 posts is a bit high. Instead it will be cut down to 20! TWENTY POSTS OR ELSE YOUR INTERNET WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU.

Thank you senpai

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Post 20action:
$$vote poque

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

##vote DHD

I think this reasoning is suspicious at best, and I feel confident that ##vote Asiina is the best choice actually.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina's reasoning seems very solid to me?

How much of a chance do you think there is that there could be a role that would turn a scum to town and allow them to sell out the entire scum team? That would break the game.

Turning a townie scum, though, that makes sense. So DHD's power can only be pro-scum.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

the power would have to have a contingency for use on an already-scum, like their win condition or power role changes but not their alignment, or they move frmo one scum team to another scum team, or if the new "random" alignment of the scum is non-scum, the scum dies

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

or the action just fails, and a scum is more or less outed

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Fast Luck posted:

the power would have to have a contingency for use on an already-scum, like their win condition or power role changes but not their alignment, or they move frmo one scum team to another scum team, or if the new "random" alignment of the scum is non-scum, the scum dies

what this guy said, it's specious setup spec in a game with a ludicrous number of people and apparently wacky as gently caress roles

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kumbamontu posted:

what this guy said, it's specious setup spec in a game with a ludicrous number of people and apparently wacky as gently caress roles

we should cut that number down. by murdering like ten people all at once.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

we should cut that number down. by murdering like ten people all at once.

i agree. i hope none of those people in hurt's call out post actually post, because mafia player genocide is always funny

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

the power would have to have a contingency for use on an already-scum, like their win condition or power role changes but not their alignment
i guess, but that's not the power dhd gave us.

quote:

or they move frmo one scum team to another scum team,
breaks the game. they get to sell out their old scum buddies and get towns of townie cred.

quote:

or if the new "random" alignment of the scum is non-scum, the scum dies

still an anti-town power.

say 1/3 of the game is scum, 2/3 town, and the power has 1/3 chance of turning the player scum.

1/9 of the time, you turn a scum town and kill them
2/9 of the time, you turn a scum scum
2/9 of the time, you turn a town scum
4/9 of the time, you turn a town town

that a 1/9 advantage to scum. (2/9 of +1 scum -1 town, 1/9 of -1 scum)

(you can do the math while including 3p, but the bottom line doesn't change.)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kumbamontu posted:

i agree. i hope none of those people in hurt's call out post actually post, because mafia player genocide is always funny

only eight more votes on me needed. kumba rarity asiina pinterest mom punti FV pecota derp. destroy me

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

only eight more votes on me needed. kumba rarity asiina pinterest mom punti FV pecota derp. destroy me

no! i will not give you the satisfaction!!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
##vote poque
##vote poque
##vote poque
##vote poque

everybody do the koopa

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kumbamontu posted:

no! i will not give you the satisfaction!!

you would only be giving YOURSELF the satisfaction.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
assina has good words that make me go ##vote dhd

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i miss ZOMBIES!!!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

uranus posted:

assina has good words that make me go ##vote dhd

no that's the wrong personnnnnn

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

the game is chaos/role madness. there would probably be a contingency

if he was scum he wouldn't have claimed it, since i started the day talking about how i am now "extra scum". DHD's ability wasn't random since he was able to target me and claim to the thread that i was targeted - he would've been looking for a post from me if it worked.

vote for the true scum ##vote poque

omfg you guys

you're so wrong about DHD christ

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

i miss ZOMBIES!!!

We all miss ZOMBIES!!! Twenty posts or your rear end is toast, Ernie. :colbert:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

if he was scum he wouldn't have claimed it, since i started the day talking about how i am now "extra scum". DHD's ability wasn't random since he was able to target me and claim to the thread that i was targeted - he would've been looking for a post from me if it worked.

Poque posted:

Poque posted:

Poque posted:

Poque posted:

Poque posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
pock give it up you will never die

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Poque posted:

*Joaquin Phoenix holding his thumb to the side in Gladiator and then turning it up*

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Power of Pecota posted:

*Joaquin Phoenix holding his thumb to the side in Gladiator and then turning it up*

well you should do it because your last vote used dollar signs like a baby idiot noob

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ongkK-NK70s

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
this is the closest thing we've had to a decent case so far. i like it well enough.

##vote dhd

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

also:

DuckHuntDog posted:

I targetted Poque with a one shot ability that randomed his role, alignment and win condition, and the result PM said that it was successful, so even if he was being open about his role, it is most likely different today.

I don't know how this ability is supposed to be useful for town, but targetting Poque sounded funnier than helping Diqnol with a boring role.

DuckHuntDog posted:

She isn't more likely, I just don't think Poque is actually scum and I don't feel particularly great about Yuming.

what basis could dhd possibly have for thinking poque isn't actually scum after randomising his role

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Why in the world would I openly claim this if I were scum? You guys are dumb. I know it isn't a particularly pro-town power, but that is exactly why I used it on someone who was concievably scum and then claimed it immediately.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
why. would. he. claim. stop this nonsense

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

also:

what basis could dhd possibly have for thinking poque isn't actually scum after randomising his role

He was being goofy and didn't magically change after the randomization. His breadcrumb on the randomization does read like someone who had their alignment changed to something non-town, but who knows.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
wait why am i scumhunting ##vote dhd

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
or i guess the opposite of scumhunting. townhelping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

##vote FLUCK

• Locked thread