Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

nice try. im immortal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

if scum im an immortal scum and therefore the town win condition is impossible. who set up thisgame

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DuckHuntDog posted:

He was being goofy and didn't magically change after the randomization. His breadcrumb on the randomization does read like someone who had their alignment changed to something non-town, but who knows.

This reasoning makes no sense~

If Poque had changed his posting style after having his role randomised by another player, he'd look super suspicious. He's locked in to his jester routine. You can't deduce anything about his new alignment from how he's posted.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

two scum teams is an idea Poque's brought up before.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Okay I am convinced ##vote dhd

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
we basically have two scumteams now since i can't communicate with the rest of the scums.

maybe i'm the only one and this is all just an experiment

Pinterest Mom posted:

This reasoning makes no sense~

If Poque had changed his posting style after having his role randomised by another player, he'd look super suspicious. He's locked in to his jester routine. You can't deduce anything about his new alignment from how he's posted.

but my breadcrumb explicitly was there to show alignment change. stop being dumb

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

MMM did not vote for poque, knock it off

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque posted:

but my breadcrumb explicitly was there to show alignment change. stop being dumb

what does this even mean. you left a scum-claim breadcrumb in order to (???)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

i thought the scumteam had changed my alignment. i was told they didn't know i was scum and i couldn't know who they are. so i figured that would work to let them know i was with them

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
fine i admit it. i'm town

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

My power changed his role, alignment and wincon, but if he was potentially put on a scumteam, that doesn't necessarily mean he would be told who they are or they would be told either, but he would still want to confirm it in the thread. He had no idea who did it, so if it did make him scum, he would want his team to know thinking they had done it to him.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I don't know why he would talk about the result in terms of alignment if he just got randomed the same alignment, but rather as a role change.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the fact that DHD was able to confirm that he used it on ME meant it wasn't used randomly. so like the scum team didn't just use it and randomly recruit, and to keep the result secret they wouldn't be told.

if he were scum he wouldn't have claimed after my breadcrumb because he'd be looking for something from me to determine whether or not it was successful.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque posted:

i thought the scumteam had changed my alignment. i was told they didn't know i was scum and i couldn't know who they are. so i figured that would work to let them know i was with them

yeah okay but

I was arguing that DHD clearing you as town based on your posting style remaining unchanged was silly. You're arguing back "I'm scum!!!!", which seems to not be much of an argument given that I was saying you could be scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

DuckHuntDog posted:

The result PM was very specific about it being successful on Poque and not just successful, too.

DHD you posted this right after your post about targeting Poque. I don't understand what you are hinting here about it being "not just successful too"

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah okay but

I was arguing that DHD clearing you as town based on your posting style remaining unchanged was silly. You're arguing back "I'm scum!!!!", which seems to not be much of an argument given that I was saying you could be scum.

I don't know how making a call on a player is the same as clearing him.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DuckHuntDog posted:

I don't know how making a call on a player is the same as clearing him.

It's not! I misused a term~

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

DHD you posted this right after your post about targeting Poque. I don't understand what you are hinting here about it being "not just successful too"

Poque was the actual target, and I wasn't redirected, etc. because the PM was explicit about it being successful on Him.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

DuckHuntDog posted:

Poque was the actual target, and I wasn't redirected, etc. because the PM was explicit about it being successful on Him.

everybody please refer to me as Him or You or It going forward. ##vote jesus and tim tebow

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I wish my role changed you back into your Tim Tebow role from NFL mafia.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah okay but

when did DHD clear me as town

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

DuckHuntDog posted:

I wish my role changed you back into your Tim Tebow role from NFL mafia.

code:
GREETINGS FROM THE BEYOND DEAR MORTALS. I, TIM TEBOT, HAVE ARRIVED ONCE MORE TO ABSOLVE YOU FROM YOUR SINS.

I WILL MARTYR MYSELF TO FREE YOU ALL FROM THE SATANIC SHACKLES THAT BIND YOU. THE POWER IS IN YOUR OWN HANDS TO SAVE YOURSELVES

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque posted:

when did DHD clear me as town

He didn't, see above re:bad word use. He did say he doesn't think you're scum though, which is an insane thing to say.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poque posted:

fine i admit it. i'm town

##vote Poque

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

He didn't, see above re:bad word use. He did say he doesn't think you're scum though, which is an insane thing to say.

when did he say that?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DuckHuntDog posted:

She isn't more likely, I just don't think Poque is actually scum and I don't feel particularly great about Yuming.

DuckHuntDog posted:

He was being goofy and didn't magically change after the randomization. His breadcrumb on the randomization does read like someone who had their alignment changed to something non-town, but who knows.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
that was before he saw what i said about my breadcrumb though

the first quote at least. the second should speak for itself

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I think he might be scum or 3p after he pointed out the breadcrumb thing and I thought it through; I also thought that the way he was posting D1 made it possible he was being intentionally open about it. After D2 stared, I sort of expected some sort of change (maybe subtle) if he went from town to scum, but he kept up the same schtick.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque posted:

that was before he saw what i said about my breadcrumb though

so you think you leaving your breadcrumb was pro-town and you shouldn't be cuddled?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
what?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Poque posted:

well you should do it because your last vote used dollar signs like a baby idiot noob

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻vote poque

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

so you think you leaving your breadcrumb was pro-town and you shouldn't be cuddled?

i don't even know how to answer this, i blew up my own brain :psyboom:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Someone please just vig Poque so we can have discussion about something, anything else.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

why vig him when he's already the big vote leader

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

just turbo him and then let 10 other people die for being under the post count requirement

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
##vote pock ok im willing to go against my win condition to see ten people modkiilled

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:qq:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

that's the spirit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This thread gives me a headache even when I just skim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

##vote dhd because modkills are cool + it keeps poque alive

• Locked thread