Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oh, and now I've found that follower in Damonta. Any good, or should I pass on 'em?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

evilmiera posted:

Oh, and now I've found that follower in Damonta. Any good, or should I pass on 'em?

Assuming you mean Lexicanium, he's a brawler who has weapons that you can't unequip, but he's great at computer science and alarm disarming right off the bat. I've kept him around because I get a kick out of his dialog but he doesn't do much for me in combat.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Tin Tim posted:

Yeah, I got stumped on that at first too.

Just tank the poison, it's no big deal. One tunnel has a lot of fans that you need to deactivate to get one person trough, then activate em all to clear the air. At the end of the tunnel is an exit. The other tunnel only has one fan, but it's pretty much the same. If you can't hack the robo arm in that tunnel, smash the wall.

I guess I'm an idiot because I have no idea what's going on or why I'm doing this. When I walked one guy down the 5 fan hallway only one was active anyway and there was a switch to deactivate it. So I did. I walk him all the way down to the end and there's a master switch to turn everything off. Still the poison remains. I'm playing on Ranger difficulty. I'm out of med packs, and all I've feel I've done is wasted my time down here. Was it supposed to be way harder if I didn't have the computer science to hack the door regulator? What was the purpose of coming down into this basement?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

What really?

I went to the first farm that pops right after leaving AG and I think I only interacted with one well/water tower there. I haven't seen any other instances of that quest pop. Did the one interaction at that farm deduct three from my inventory or did I need to find two more wells/towers to interact with?

No, two more will probably pop up before the entire thing is considered complete. You should have a log entry about having to be on the look-out for new infestations. Unless it is completely randomised, which seems unlikely, you should have to do three in total before you've stopped it once and for all. One dose is required per location, which makes for three doses needed in total. You get ten. If you screw up while fighting various infested critters, you might need a dose or two to cure your PCs, so those 10 should be more than enough.

Kurtofan posted:

About the Prison, Danforth, the Red Scorpion leader wants me to find a cure for the dog disease

Should I solve this problem before leaving for California and is it achievable with Ag Center dead?
You should solve it asap, and AG Center isn't even a factor. You might have a hard time solving it if or once the Prison valley is dead, though, since the Scorpions themselves can be pretty angry at that point.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Ag Center fungus stuff: Can you even catch the fungus thing from infected critters? I thought getting hit by exploding pods was the only way. And I didn't even see any of those in the 3 infected villages, only at the actual Ag Center. I did the Ag Center first though so things might be different for other people.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I can't figure out a way to get 10 AP, without severely gimping my guys. Also how important is combat initiative?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Flame112 posted:

Ag Center fungus stuff: Can you even catch the fungus thing from infected critters? I thought getting hit by exploding pods was the only way. And I didn't even see any of those in the 3 infected villages, only at the actual Ag Center. I did the Ag Center first though so things might be different for other people.
The pod people spread it iirc

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tin Tim posted:

Is Rose actually a permanent follower? Because if so, I may be tempted to start over and leave surgeon and computers to her alone.

Yeah that's what I did, I have a back up surgeon of course. She's actually pretty drat effective in combat once you get a decent pistol with some upgrades on it, I use a revolver with a high powered scope with her, I think she's got a 19 meter range right now, with only 3 AP per attack she's just awesome at finishing off enemies.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Combat initiative is pretty important. It's not just how early you get to act but how often you get to act. So a more fast person will get more turns than a slow person.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

UberJumper posted:

I can't figure out a way to get 10 AP, without severely gimping my guys. Also how important is combat initiative?

really important

my sniper is 8 coord, 6 awareness, 8 int and my assault rifles guy is 10/8/4

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Combat Initiative is sort of annoying tbh. Should just be a set cycle of rotation in my opinion.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Dandywalken posted:

Combat Initiative is sort of annoying tbh. Should just be a set cycle of rotation in my opinion.

Well welcome to RPGs I guess. Besides, sometimes going second can set up better positioning and whatnot.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Flame112 posted:

Each side has its own farm area above with a pump you have to turn off. For the side with all the fans, you have to brute force the airlock door (requiring you to take poison damage) then cut the vines off the last fan, then turn off all the fans. On the other side you have to use mechanical repair on the robot to stop the blockage, and then the poison should clear out. You can not fix the poison, btw, and just head to the ends of those through the side passages (Still have to brute force the airlock door, and brute force the panels to the central area in the east wing). The computer is to open both wings so you don't have to play a this side/that side game, and may be required to clear the poison out of the east wing (not sure, haven't tried it without fixing the computer).

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

BULBASAUR posted:

I haven't gone to the radio tower yet :v: I went to Ag Centre and did all those other things before I went there. Guess thats my next stop!

No, the radio tower inside the Ag Center. It's on the west side of the facility when you enter the building.'

e: wait, you went by the radio tower that you were supposed to go to first? Yeah, that will probably do it too. You need the 2 radio bouncer things from there for the Ag center quest to actually complete it.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 25, 2014

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

evilmiera posted:

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Assuming you mean Lexicanium, he's a brawler who has weapons that you can't unequip, but he's great at computer science and alarm disarming right off the bat. I've kept him around because I get a kick out of his dialog but he doesn't do much for me in combat.

Lexicanium's hands are different, but he can equip any weapon just like any other member. I used him as a sniper all the way to the end of the game.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

TheAnomaly posted:

Each side has its own farm area above with a pump you have to turn off. For the side with all the fans, you have to brute force the airlock door (requiring you to take poison damage) then cut the vines off the last fan, then turn off all the fans. On the other side you have to use mechanical repair on the robot to stop the blockage, and then the poison should clear out. You can not fix the poison, btw, and just head to the ends of those through the side passages (Still have to brute force the airlock door, and brute force the panels to the central area in the east wing). The computer is to open both wings so you don't have to play a this side/that side game, and may be required to clear the poison out of the east wing (not sure, haven't tried it without fixing the computer).

No, I already know+did all that. I just don't understand why doing Ag Center second gets you 10 doses of serum. I did the Ag Center first and I only needed 4: 1 for Ag Center (which cured all my party members), and 1 for each of the 3 infected locations.

Also has anyone let the fungus timer run down to see what happens? I'm curious if you actually burst into a pod person.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Flame112 posted:

No, I already know+did all that. I just don't understand why doing Ag Center second gets you 10 doses of serum. I did the Ag Center first and I only needed 4: 1 for Ag Center (which cured all my party members), and 1 for each of the 3 infected locations.

Also has anyone let the fungus timer run down to see what happens? I'm curious if you actually burst into a pod person.

You get 10 in case you're stupid and keep getting infected I assume

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
In case anyone is wondering why they made goats make that unnatural scream, this is why. A collection of goats yelling like humans. The sound file in question is here. This game is full of modern easter eggs!

I found an issue of a 1988 Computer Gaming World with page 88 dog eared. I guess that was the issue the original wasteland was advertised?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
is it desirable or even possible to keep jaime the robot alive

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Verviticus posted:

is it desirable or even possible to keep jaime the robot alive

It's possible with Mechanical Repair, which heals him. He will tag along indefinitely as an uncontrolled companion, like Animal Whisperer pets, until he dies. He drops that Disco Lights debuff on enemies which makes them easier to hit. He probably won't live forever because he likes to run way ahead of you to debuff enemies, you can give him some kind of temporary buff called I think "Overdrive" by using Computer Science on him, I'm not sure exactly what it does but I think it lets him move further/faster?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
I'm guessing the answer is no but could I run this game on ultra low or whatever on an HD 8330 with 512mb? CYRI actually says I can, but I am skeptical.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Funnypost Collabo posted:

It's possible with Mechanical Repair, which heals him. He will tag along indefinitely as an uncontrolled companion, like Animal Whisperer pets, until he dies. He drops that Disco Lights debuff on enemies which makes them easier to hit. He probably won't live forever because he likes to run way ahead of you to debuff enemies, you can give him some kind of temporary buff called I think "Overdrive" by using Computer Science on him, I'm not sure exactly what it does but I think it lets him move further/faster?

he likes to move maybe three screens ahead of me to fight slicer dicers. gently caress him

the debuff is nice but man, stupid robot

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Flame112 posted:

When you do the ag center second, you can't purify the ag center, so if you have a full party and they've all got infected you need 7 for party members and 1 for each infected site.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Ah, my pack of animal friends got killed by a pack of gila monsters and honeybadgers in a random encounter.

I had 3 cows, a rat, and a goat. Now I have a bugged out goat that should be dead, but he tags along if I don't dismiss him. The cow mooing noises will NOT be missed.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Verviticus posted:

really important

my sniper is 8 coord, 6 awareness, 8 int and my assault rifles guy is 10/8/4

I just made a sniper according to your guide:

8 Coordination
1 Luck
6 Awareness
2 Strength
2 Speed
8 Intelligence
1 Charisma

That seems really really low for the other stats. Am i missing something?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Is the stupid cure for Danforth's dogs actually an item? Because if it is I never got it and welp going to have to murder everybody.

edit: Ah, it uses the same exact icon as the antivenin.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
So I'm in the Ag Centre, and I've completed the 10 pod fragments quest, but three of my rangermans became infected with the fungus afterwards. Is there any way to remove it or do I just have to wait till the countdown finishes and they pop?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
What the gently caress? I loaded up my save and The Night Terror has vanished. He was sleeping when I saved :(

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

UberJumper posted:

I just made a sniper according to your guide:

8 Coordination
1 Luck
6 Awareness
2 Strength
2 Speed
8 Intelligence
1 Charisma

That seems really really low for the other stats. Am i missing something?

I like:

6 Coordination
1 Luck
4 Awareness
4 Strength
4 Speed
8 Intelligence
1 Charisma

This gets you 10AC without gimping your other abilities that much. You can drop speed and strength down and put it into luck or awareness or whatever for a 3rd slightly different sniper flavor.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Is the Darwin follower really tied to an invisible CHA check or is that just speculation? One thing that is frustrating me with this game is its emphasis on unintended consequences and the illusion of randomness, but with the release build I don't really know what is working as intended and what is just bugged scripts/flagging. Like for when I completed the leve l'upe mine and stepped outside and everyone accused me of killing the miners and (the miners I was accused of killing) proceeded to shoot at me after saving them. Reloading back to before I entered the mine to complete the quest fixed it and everything went as intended, but the farther the game goes there seems to be a lot of vagueness on what consequences your actions have/what to do/say, etc., and I'm increasingly starting to doubt the reality of what I do.

Wasteland 2, a dissociative episode game.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

I've been working on this for the past couple days as I played through the game.

Wasteland 2 Recruitable NPC List (Spoilers)

There's a more in-depth listing on the official forums, but I thought I would share my list since the inXile forums go down often from traffic.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Zephro posted:

So I'm in the Ag Centre, and I've completed the 10 pod fragments quest, but three of my rangermans became infected with the fungus afterwards. Is there any way to remove it or do I just have to wait till the countdown finishes and they pop?

Keep on trucking, putting the final cure in the purifier will fix the infection for your party.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

BULBASAUR posted:

I like:

6 Coordination
1 Luck
4 Awareness
4 Strength
4 Speed
8 Intelligence
1 Charisma

This gets you 10AC without gimping your other abilities that much. You can drop speed and strength down and put it into luck or awareness or whatever for a 3rd slightly different sniper flavor.

Thanks i like that a little bit better. How do you guys build a leader characther? Is it even really needed?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

I like:

6 Coordination
1 Luck
4 Awareness
4 Strength
4 Speed
8 Intelligence
1 Charisma

thats ok, but the extra initiative from the awareness is so good. 2-4 str is pretty much useless and speed is, eh

followers in this game are hands down the most annoying worthless loving pieces of poo poo ive ever had to deal with, holy gently caress. ive had to reload a battle like 8 times because the follower keeps running in front of the loving terminal i need to hack

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 25, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

UberJumper posted:

Thanks i like that a little bit better. How do you guys build a leader characther? Is it even really needed?

A four charisma and a dog collar for a +1 charisma gives a good radius, a medium ranged weapon user would be best, you'd keep most of the squad covered. Leadership also improves accuracy.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

BULBASAUR posted:

I like:

6 Coordination
1 Luck
4 Awareness
4 Strength
4 Speed
8 Intelligence
1 Charisma

1 Charisma means you are going to be about 2-3 levels behind the rest of the squad by the end of the game. That could be about 12 skill points you are missing out on. Not really worth jacking int all the way to 8 for extra skill points just to give them up with the low charisma score. Feels very counter productive to me.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

1 Charisma means you are going to be about 2-3 levels behind the rest of the squad by the end of the game. That could be about 12 skill points you are missing out on. Not really worth jacking int all the way to 8 for extra skill points just to give them up with the low charisma score. Feels very counter productive to me.

int also gives action points

if you're making a sniper or assault rifle char, i cannot stress it enough: ten action points is the most important single stat

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

UberJumper posted:

It's possible to build a Leadership character without gimping them on the battlefield. You really only need 5-6 charisma for the Leadership Aura area to be big enough. I built a Leadership/Blunt Weapon/Medic hybrid like

C 1
L 1
A 4
S 6
S 3
I 8
C 5

And never had any problems with NPC's going rogue. Because of her relatively high STR she's also a decent mule and damage dealer.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Its true, there are no dump stats, but for a specialized hyper sniper its probably ok to throw 2 of your speed or strength into luck or charisma. I keep awareness at 4 because with the goat right after the start of the game you can buff it up by 1. You'll also get 3 more attribute points throughout the game, so you can bump up one of your underperforming areas over time.

10 AP for a sniper or assault rifle character is, like Verviticus is saying, critical. For shotguns and SMGs you'll want 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Stokes posted:

It's possible to build a Leadership character without gimping them on the battlefield. You really only need 5-6 charisma for the Leadership Aura area to be big enough. I built a Leadership/Blunt Weapon/Medic hybrid like

C 1
L 1
A 4
S 6
S 3
I 8
C 5

And never had any problems with NPC's going rogue. Because of her relatively high STR she's also a decent mule and damage dealer.

this seems like a nightmare of a character to use in combat. 3 speed and 7 AP while being melee?

UberJumper posted:

i did 2 1 5 4 2 10 4 which ends up with 8 AP, 11 init, 4 cha can become 5 with a dog collar. spent the points in energy weapons and SMGs so i have options between longer range sniping of high armor dudes or shredding the low armor ones that show up. tons of skill points lets you hit with your one shot per turn and you have enough AP that you can say, take a shot and then reposition to get leadership aura setup properly

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 25, 2014

• Locked thread