Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

a cat on an apple posted:

We've gone five whole picks without Tristana being taken!

0% Pick/Ban rate for Tristana this game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

XWX :3:

I was really annoyed with how Monty underestimated our tiny fat man in the pre-game show. I'm just sad he's not on the analyst desk to have to own up to it.

As far as only picking on bad moves, I think it's because the analysts picked OMG to win it, so they had to point out the instances where OMG messed up to be able to justify that.

Smug-Crumbzz was the best. "Can't hear you over the screaming bald eagle."

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

How ugly is this goin gto get?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
You can be very good and still be overhyped. I also said 'I don't want to say this definitively just yet'.

I'm just predicting that this tournament will go differently than all the Chinese scene experts expected, even if a Chinese team goes deep - I think certain players and teams they underestimate will hold up better than they expected, and certain players less well.

A lot of that is because western Chinese scene experts seem to swallow a lot of the innate biases of their region and don't see things from a very international perspective.

Ed: Also, go to bed you crazy mouthbreathing Americans.

Disinterested fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Sep 25, 2014

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Disinterested posted:

You can be very good and still be overhyped. I also said 'I don't want to say this definitively just yet'.

Yeah, but you were pretty sure, which made me wonder what you saw that supported either of the quoted parts being untrue.

Other than that, I'm sure we can all agree the English LPL experts are full of poo poo as a rule. They still call Uzi You Zee Eye.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Minerva can't seem to stay out of Thresh range.

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Zefa is going to melt people mid game 2/0 already.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Just came up on twitter: Fly from the Jin Air Stealths coached LMQ's bootcamp and is their new full-time coach in NA.

KRCNNA>CN.

quote:

I'm sure we can all agree the English LPL experts are full of poo poo as a rule.

This is the thing I am sure of. But, I think there's still time for us to see that Cool might just be a very good (but not great) mid in a region with weak mids.

I have to see the two games vs Peke to be more comfortable saying it (a player who used to be great and is now just pretty good).

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

This are a sad game.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
This is already really ugly

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
:siren: a kill! :siren:

this is still really boring though to be honest

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Disinterested posted:

But, I think there's still time for us to see that Cool might just be a very good (but not great) mid in a region with weak mids.

This was the part I was mainly objecting to as you weren't talking mids right now, but all time. He was probably the second best mid we saw play last Worlds. What's he got to prove, beat Faker in lane again?

quote:

Just came up on twitter: Fly from the Jin Air Stealths coached LMQ's bootcamp and is their new full-time coach in NA.
This is cool as hell, go LMQ.

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Brazil's first taste of Kimchi. Welcome to the club, boys.

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009
Brazil down 7-1, heh.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Ihki posted:

This was the part I was mainly objecting to as you weren't talking mids right now, but all time. He was probably the second best mid we saw play last Worlds. What's he got to prove, beat Faker in lane again?

Yeah, I got the tense we were speaking in a bit messed up.

I still think it's arguable that OMG would have made the final vs SKT more interesting than Royal in S3.

But I think this version of OMG is a lot less strong. Bring back Pomelo.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Kabum getting caught in the jungle is so so bad
Bronzil indeed

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

what the gently caress....

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Save alone slightly weaker than all of Kabum with fountain regeneration

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

At... at least it was quick.

ouch

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

dans rocking that 0/0/0 line there

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I wish the wildcard teams would at least pick different champs and try out random comps so it wasn't as boring.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

CODChimera posted:

I wish the wildcard teams would at least pick different champs and try out random comps didn't exist so it wasn't as boring.

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

One does not simply ban and pick out Save....

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Yeah I thought maybe if you had one for each group so there weren't two inherently tougher groups it might be okay, but... nope. Just not worth it, really. Have a play-in tournament with those from the main regions who just missed out for the last 2 spots and invite the wildcard teams to that so they get stomped there instead or something

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

0/0/11. Living the support dream.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Allyn posted:

Yeah I thought maybe if you had one for each group so there weren't two inherently tougher groups it might be okay, but... nope. Just not worth it, really. Have a play-in tournament with those from the main regions who just missed out for the last 2 spots and invite the wildcard teams to that so they get stomped there instead or something

4th place from each region = 3 teams. International spots = 3 for 6 teams. Play each team twice and the top 2 advance. Wow riot that sure was hard.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Doublelift hates Corki lmao he's getting heated.

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

LMAO this analyst desk.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
Please make Doublelift a permanent analyst.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Calm posted:

LMAO this analyst desk.

its pretty much 4 vs Doublelift

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
For once I agree with Doublelift, Lucian dumps on Corki what are you talking about Krepo :confused: Lucian has better match ups but as a rule with a well picked support he should beat anyone except Vayne.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

I agree that Corki's trading is some of the best available apart from Lucian. My issue with the Corki lane is that if Corki trades with Lucian with q in every trade, Corki will go oom and become useless before Lucian and have to base.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

OMGs fanclub apparently only has three members

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I sorta hope we get bad Dade just for the hilarity of it all.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Man, Sjokz with some accessories could totally cosplay Pentakill Sona effortlessly.

Hopefully OMG will raise their level from last game and make the group even more open than predicted.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Austrian mook posted:

Doublelift hates Corki lmao he's getting heated.

"gently caress CORKI PERRY" - doublelift argument stadium

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

quote:

onGamers ‏@onGamers_com 16m
We're getting reports that LMQ's coach is not Fly despite manager stating that he is, we have reached out to LMQ iBUYPOWER for confirmation

Why is LMQ's management situation so consistently a clusterfuck.

Ed: Dade's story should really encourage Cool. Very few LoL players go from being World class, fall out, and then come back again; Dade is one of the few who has done it. Look at what happened to loving Creaton.

Disinterested fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Sep 25, 2014

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

drat OMG looks burned out, San even with his head on the desk.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
I heard there are two Fly; one a player with Jin Air Stealths and one a coach whose team I forgot. edit: I might be wrong tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

LMQ management you're drunk! Go home!

Someone get San a coffee. Actually get all of OMG a coffee they look like death.

• Locked thread