Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Just finished another KotR, I was hoping for Michaels or the like, but I'll take a pair of UR Naomis to upgrade my AJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I will say that they are right about why Cena should have won the PCC.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sticklefifer posted:

I am going to replace every single commentator line with Joey Styles screaming OH MY GAAAHD.

Not just the same sound bite either. As many as I can find, including the OH DIOS MIO ones.

Joey and JR - "OH MY GAAAAHD!" "GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!" "OH MY GAAAHD!" "BAH GAWD!" "OH MY GAAAHD!" "AWWW SONUVABITCH!"

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

sticklefifer posted:

I am going to replace every single commentator line with Joey Styles screaming OH MY GAAAHD.

Not just the same sound bite either. As many as I can find, including the OH DIOS MIO ones.

gently caress that. I'm going to replace all of the commentary with "I'm marking out bro! I'm seven years old again!"

Who the gently caress was that guy again? I forget. Some shithead.

Ruined one of the best Rumbles.

What a fucker.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

gently caress that. I'm going to replace all of the commentary with "I'm marking out bro! I'm seven years old again!"

Who the gently caress was that guy again? I forget. Some shithead.

Ruined one of the best Rumbles.

What a fucker.

Matt Striker, now on the Lucha Underground commentary team

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

I Before E posted:

Matt Striker, now on the Lucha Underground commentary team

I hate Matt Striker so much. I've been watching the '09/'10 PPVs recently and his commentary makes me want to throw things.

The worst part is that it won't improve after he leaves. I think Heel Michael Cole is coming up pretty soon. :suicide:

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

smashpro1 posted:

I will say that they are right about why Cena should have won the PCC.

Who's that?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I don't get why so many people hated Matt Striker. Who cares if he made poo poo up, at lest he was making poo poo up about the match and whoever was in it. Give me at least one commentator who calls moves for fucks sake.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DoctorDelaware posted:

I hate Matt Striker so much. I've been watching the '09/'10 PPVs recently and his commentary makes me want to throw things.

The worst part is that it won't improve after he leaves. I think Heel Michael Cole is coming up pretty soon. :suicide:

The weird thing about Heel Cole is that they let him run wild with that poo poo up until his Kiss My Foot match with Lawler, then they toned him down after he was humbled, and then inexplicably decided to make him intolerable again in late 2011, especially in ANYTHING involving Daniel Bryan. I don't know how much of it was Vince telling him what to say, because there would literally be times when Bryan would be cutting a promo and Cole would be commenting "Ugh..." or "Oh whatever" of "What a hypocrite" after every single line.

Cole's comeuppance wasn't at all worth the nearly 2 years of torture on every single program. The worst part is they had no plans to change him until Lawler had his heart attack.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

sticklefifer posted:

The weird thing about Heel Cole is that they let him run wild with that poo poo up until his Kiss My Foot match with Lawler, then they toned him down after he was humbled, and then inexplicably decided to make him intolerable again in late 2011, especially in ANYTHING involving Daniel Bryan. I don't know how much of it was Vince telling him what to say, because there would literally be times when Bryan would be cutting a promo and Cole would be commenting "Ugh..." or "Oh whatever" of "What a hypocrite" after every single line.

Cole's comeuppance wasn't at all worth the nearly 2 years of torture on every single program. The worst part is they had no plans to change him until Lawler had his heart attack.
I can barely watch any Bryan matches from that era with the audio on because of how many times we have to hear "HE'S A NERRRRD!", "HE DOESN'T OWN A TELEVISION!", etc.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Perigryn posted:

I can barely watch any Bryan matches from that era with the audio on because of how many times we have to hear "HE'S A NERRRRD!", "HE DOESN'T OWN A TELEVISION!", etc.

A while back I watched through the first few seasons of NXT. Easily the best part was the best Josh Mathews call ever, which followed one of Cole's obnoxious tirades.

"I wish they could see the way I'm looking at you right now."

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Michael Cole's commentary was the thing that made me quit watching on a regular basis. My interest had been waning since about '08, but i would still watch Raw whenever I could. Once Cole started his heel commentary act I decided not to waste my time and just read online recaps instead.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm a Cole Miner to the end.

I tried to read the 2K board for any more news/discussion on a PC release, big mistake.
Just confirm it already goddammit.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I was hoping that peoples champion would be an always-running thing. it's nice to have something that makes exhibition wins count apart from more and more cards

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I hear that the NBA version has it every 2 weeks or so. I like it but it'd burn me out if it was on constantly.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hate Shawn Michaels so much that I fed his SR into my SR Yokozuna

and then immediately after got SR Eric Rowan

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blasmeister posted:

NBA version

What is this?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

It's apparently called 'NBA 2k MyTeam Mobile'

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Farewell Rare Pro AJ, welcome UR AJ.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blasmeister posted:

It's apparently called 'NBA 2k MyTeam Mobile'

Found it, thanks!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Can someone familiar with WWE2k (14 I guess?) answer a question:

Is there a game mode where 2 people in one location on one console, can play with someone else somewhere else on a different console.

Basically I moved far away from some bros but we want to hit each other with folding chairs. They'd be on the same PS4 and I'd be on mine.

e: Oh, if 2k14 isn't on PS4 then I guess 2k15 has to have the feature. Can't find any info on game modes for 2k15.

Pleads fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 25, 2014

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Pleads posted:

Is there a game mode where 2 people in one location on one console, can play with someone else somewhere else on a different console.

Basically I moved far away from some bros but we want to hit each other with folding chairs. They'd be on the same PS4 and I'd be on mine.

e: Oh, if 2k14 isn't on PS4 then I guess 2k15 has to have the feature. Can't find any info on game modes for 2k15.

I am no where near my console. Basically just have them go into network match and try to join with two players and see what happens.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

BlueArmyMan posted:

Who's that?

The people on the 2K forums. They say that Cena should have won because his cards have better stats, which is a fact.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

On the other hand, would you rather every person have a Cena to fight you with or a Brock? I'm much happier with my opposition carrying Brocks, at least I can usually take Toughness, Speed or Charisma if I'm not running into something overlevelled for the tier.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Cena was almost guaranteed to lose, for no other reason than the fact that everyone already has access to free Cenas, and you don't really need more. Still, shockingly, almost 50% of the playerbase turned out for Cena. I didn't pay much attention to the reward structure. Did half the people just get nothing?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Nah, everyone got Brock rewards.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

My luck has changed a bit. In the last 24 hours, I have gotten an Epic Ryback (boo) and Epic Flair (woo) from random drops.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Pleads posted:

I don't think two people can play online on the same console but I can't be sure

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
In 2k14 you can't have two people playing locally online, no. No word yet on what online modes/options will be in 2k15.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

smashpro1 posted:

The people on the 2K forums. They say that Cena should have won because his cards have better stats, which is a fact.
This is interesting, but on the other hand, Cena sucks.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Toshimo posted:

Cena was almost guaranteed to lose, for no other reason than the fact that everyone already has access to free Cenas, and you don't really need more.

This is why I chose Brock. The PCC Cenas didn't look much, if at all, different from the ladder Cenas, so why bother?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope someone makes a story involving Sami and Generico.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Sweet, just got an Epic Cameron from my KOTR. I was getting sick of constant Paige vs Paige matches anyway.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

There's really no reason to keep this UR Brie Bella I just pulled when I already have two other SR Pro Max Divas, right? Seems the odds of pulling a second one are slim.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Hobo Clown posted:

There's really no reason to keep this UR Brie Bella I just pulled when I already have two other SR Pro Max Divas, right? Seems the odds of pulling a second one are slim.

Uh... it's better than feeding for a trivial amount of xp.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Toshimo posted:

Uh... it's better than feeding for a trivial amount of xp.

Yeah I'd hold onto it. I bet as soon as you feed it you'll get another one. Plus you need to complete your pokedex :colbert:

Edit: Just got an alert saying a new People's Champion is coming soon. I hope it's Seth vs Dean :allears:

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 25, 2014

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I guess I'll hang onto it for a while instead of feeding it, in the unlikely chance I'll get a second one. I'm not worried about the Pokedex though, at the rate some of these cards drop it seems like it would take literal years to fill it out. There's not even any kind of bonus for completing a tier.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Edit: Just got an alert saying a new People's Champion is coming soon. I hope it's Seth vs Dean :allears:

I'm hoping for an older feud. Something along the lines of Austin vs. Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

smashpro1 posted:

I'm hoping for an older feud. Something along the lines of Austin vs. Rock.

I'd like to see a tag team feud somewhere down the line.