Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ddraig posted:

Right, so here's my current solution for the Zombie problem:

A new artifact called 'Stalker's Remorse'. It generally has negative effects... constantly emits radiation, makes you more vulnerable to everything in general and may have more scripted effects. Wearing it on your belt will trigger a timer that runs constantly, that checks periodically (every couple of hours/once a day maybe?) and if it passes a random check, will add to a counter. When that counter reaches the threshold, you will go unconscious and wake up not as a zombie anymore. The artifact itself is 'ruined'.

Right now you can get the Stalker's Remorse via transmutation. It requires a Liver, a Bloodsucker's tentacle and zombie hand.

honestly i'm more likely to just load a quicksave if this is the only other solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
In Lost Alpha Do you have to change graphics settings in the user file? They don't save when I exit the game/can't change them using the ingame settings.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Holy poo poo this game is amazing. I just finally got around to playing it the first time about a month ago, and I've been hooked.

Right now, though, I'm trying to tweak some stuff in OGSE - namely food and how frequent item drops are. I've modified character_food.xml and set all the stock item probabilities really low (like 20% for potatoes is the highest), yet I continue to find about the same amount of food as before. I DID successfully modify the effectiveness of all the food in the game, so there's at least that, but I'd rather have it be more scarce than make it even less effective.

I've extracted all the .db files and put everything into a folder outside my Stalker directory, and have been selectively copy/pasting stuff to my Stalker\gamedata\config\ folder as needed, and my fsgame.ltx is set up properly from what I've read. Anyone else done this kind of thing before, and am I missing anything?

Mainly my goal right now is to make the game harder by making food more difficult to come by and less filling, as I almost NEVER even came close to going hungry since I just ate everything I found and became a total fatass, barely fitting into my armor. I've also been using the TOZ-66 because it is just so drat satisfying, weaker armor, and weaker artifacts, so as to not become totally overpowered like I was when I finished my first run through.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Buff Skeleton posted:

Holy poo poo this game is amazing. I just finally got around to playing it the first time about a month ago, and I've been hooked.

Right now, though, I'm trying to tweak some stuff in OGSE - namely food and how frequent item drops are. I've modified character_food.xml and set all the stock item probabilities really low (like 20% for potatoes is the highest), yet I continue to find about the same amount of food as before. I DID successfully modify the effectiveness of all the food in the game, so there's at least that, but I'd rather have it be more scarce than make it even less effective.

I've extracted all the .db files and put everything into a folder outside my Stalker directory, and have been selectively copy/pasting stuff to my Stalker\gamedata\config\ folder as needed, and my fsgame.ltx is set up properly from what I've read. Anyone else done this kind of thing before, and am I missing anything?

Mainly my goal right now is to make the game harder by making food more difficult to come by and less filling, as I almost NEVER even came close to going hungry since I just ate everything I found and became a total fatass, barely fitting into my armor. I've also been using the TOZ-66 because it is just so drat satisfying, weaker armor, and weaker artifacts, so as to not become totally overpowered like I was when I finished my first run through.

The items you're looking for that will affect the drops meaningfully are the "death_items*" files in the config/misc folder.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Ddraig posted:

The first bunch is by a guy called Lukasz Pazera. He's done a few of them, including animals.

http://lukpazera.blogspot.co.uk/

http://postcardsfromthezone.com/

I tried to get in contact with him about using his 'Postcards from the Zone' but he never got back to me :(

Y'all posted his good stuff but not my favorite pic of his.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Avocados posted:

This is pretty amazing. I've never seen this before, but it's pretty much an ingame element in the sky anomaly mod for Call of Pripyat.

Basically, it's added a bunch of new custom models and such, including a giant train car that's being thrown about constantly in a loving huge (I mean, it will suck you in from a mile away if you get close to it) anomaly in Jupiter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESgtJ1ngXfE

e: I realize I'm kind of a lovely person in that I have loads of projects on the backburner but never actually release any substantial, so I'm 100% guaranteed, take it to the bank, I'll even :toxx: myself I swear, going to upload my WIP Misery addon tomorrow (I'm tethered to my phone at the moment and they have draconian bandwidth shaping policies). It's based on Misery 2.1.1 and it hasn't been 100% tested and is not feature complete at the moment but it fixes a few bugs with Misery so it may be worth looking into if you're a crazy person still playing that terrible mod.

If you get any problems with it and crash and post a detailed crash log I swear I'll even try my best to fix it and release a quickfix because godddamn.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 23, 2014

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Ddraig posted:

This is pretty amazing. I've never seen this before, but it's pretty much an ingame element in the sky anomaly mod for Call of Pripyat.

There's a few more unlisted ones on his DeviantArt profle.

I really wish I could hang that train car one on a wall, it would look awesome in my room.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That train car in game looks cool as poo poo but it looks like it's tanking that guy's frames.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Avocados posted:

This is one of my favourites and I've been looking for it for ages.

I know it's been implmented kinda sorta in Sky Anomany, but I always imagined it slightly differently in my head. I liked the thought of a boxcar just gently floating upright, about 9-10 feet in the air, and stalkers having built a little makeshift camp underneath it. No more than a little campfire and places to sit, never quite knowing it one day it'll just drop down and squash them for no loving reason, but prepared to accept whatever happens because right now it keeps the rain off. That seems to encompass a lot about the weirdness of the zone and the fatality and pragmatism that comes across from some of the dialogue of the average stalker in game.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Ddraig posted:

The items you're looking for that will affect the drops meaningfully are the "death_items*" files in the config/misc folder.

Oooh, excellent! These look much more promising. Thanks!

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
I wanted to like Sky Anomaly but it is hands-down the most crash-prone mod I've ever played. I couldn't get more than 20 paces from the starting position before my first crash, and half a dozen more before I even made it to the Skadovsk. What little I got to see of the surreal new anomalies (Ghost truck and anomalous grave marker) was pretty sweet, though.

Ddraig, does your Misery add-on still have the SA anomalies?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Oberleutnant posted:

This is one of my favourites and I've been looking for it for ages.

I know it's been implmented kinda sorta in Sky Anomany, but I always imagined it slightly differently in my head. I liked the thought of a boxcar just gently floating upright, about 9-10 feet in the air, and stalkers having built a little makeshift camp underneath it. No more than a little campfire and places to sit, never quite knowing it one day it'll just drop down and squash them for no loving reason, but prepared to accept whatever happens because right now it keeps the rain off. That seems to encompass a lot about the weirdness of the zone and the fatality and pragmatism that comes across from some of the dialogue of the average stalker in game.
Either you or someone else had posted a similar thing about that earlier pages of this thread but yeah this is how I've seen it too. Just suspended quietly and rarely coming back down.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Horns posted:

I wanted to like Sky Anomaly but it is hands-down the most crash-prone mod I've ever played. I couldn't get more than 20 paces from the starting position before my first crash, and half a dozen more before I even made it to the Skadovsk. What little I got to see of the surreal new anomalies (Ghost truck and anomalous grave marker) was pretty sweet, though.

Ddraig, does your Misery add-on still have the SA anomalies?

It does.

I can easily remove them if they're causing problems for people, though.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Eagerly awaiting.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

MariusLecter posted:

Eagerly awaiting.

It's uploading as I speak. Unfortunately taking a while due to my previously mentioned poo poo internet.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Welp, here it is

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1R4RHpB68V6c1F1Ykd4SWFScGM/edit?usp=sharing

This is as-is at the moment. This is what I managed to recover from my old computer's hard drive after it died and has been adapted to Misery 2.1.1

Very feature incomplete, to the point where I can't remember exactly what I have or haven't included.

Should hopefully be no major gamebreaking bugs but I've only got to Jupiter. I will try to fix any problems, though.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Well, poo poo. Didn't think I'd ever reinstall Misery, but here I am...

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm pretty interested in that, I think I had a pretty similar opinion on misery 2.0 as you. Was your intention to rebalance the mod at all or is the add-on strictly focused on fixing bugs?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Mostly to fix bugs. I did intend to try and rebalance it but it's so completely dense it's hard to even know where to start.

I am definitely planning on redoing mutants in the future. My main concern is controllers... it seems stupid, pointless and completely illogical for a controller to have 50 metre death radius around them...

Here's my thoughts for controllers: They're sort of like snakes, I guess. They go after very dangerous prey (relatively speaking) by going after stalkers, and one wrong move for the controller and the stalker will take advantage of it and kill the controller.

A controller wouldn't announce its presence until it was right ontop of the stalker, and by then it's far too late. Controllers don't have potent venom, but what they do have is the ability to completely gently caress with the stalker's ability to fight back. Getting close to a controller should make your vision and hearing almost completely useless because it's throwing everything it has at you to subdue you...

e: Anyway, off the top of my head this is the new additions.

* Fixed wonky radio logic, used my vastly superior radio scripts to make emissions/psi-storms more immersive.
* Incorporated the fixes from the Unofficial Call of Pripyat mod. MDT claimed to include this, but they didn't.
* Added in the Armed Zone mod. Adds a bunch of new weapons, rebalances the existing ones.
* Immersion changes. Slightly better starting loadout. Will be looking at this again in the future.
* Logical black road changes. Black Road is now more interesting than just dumping you in the Sawmill with no weapons.
* A few elements from ARS. The PDA does not start off complete... you have to add areas to your map as you find them. The entire point of Call of Pripyat is that the military have no loving clue what is happening. You can now get empty flasks and get a variety of drinks from the Bartenders... you can get robbed in your sleep if you sleep around other stalkers and don't have someone looking out for you, and you now have to rent the safe box in the Skadovsk. Jupiter remains untouched.
* 'Realistic' mutant looting. You now need to have a knife, and have it equipped and in your hands before you can loot a mutant. Looting a mutant will damage the knife, making knife sharpening stones actually useful. How much the knife is damaged will depend on the mutant, what knife you're using (hunting knives designed for hacking up animals will be less damaged than a military knife designed for thrusting). Snipers get a 50% reduction in knife damage, because they're 'survival' experts and presumably know to cut through joints rather than hacking away at bone.
* Sleep changes. You now have to be tired to sleep. This makes the otherwise completely useless 'sleeping pills' item in Misery actually useful! Added in a few other conditions to prevent you from sleeping, such as being irradiated, bleeding heavily, or what have you. You now pick up your sleeping bag if you choose not to sleep after deploying it, and you can now attract mutants if you sleep in an unsafe area... be careful what wakes up with you.
* A few new achievements. May not be entirely functional.. they tend to have positive effects that are not just 'we're going to give you free items'. If you drink a lot of vodka, for example (more than Cardan!) you may eventually get a slight radiation reducing effect as your liver is practically made of iron at that point.
* More dialog manager texts. When you ask 'What's new in the Zone'? You'll get more responses. Some may be duplicates, as Misery included some I wrote in 2.1.1 to begin with.
* Sky anomaly anomalies. Makes the Zone slightly more varied. Not happy with a few of them... as they sort of look out of place.
* New plot elements from the Second Way mod. You're now not sent alone into the Zone, you're given a partner. This is mainly flavor stuff, it doesn't actually affect the game, but it does add an extra quest later on if you don't walk the Black Road.
* A few extra quests from Second Way once again. Mainly adding in quests that probably 'should' be in the game, tying up loose elements that otherwise have no purpose in CoP
* Re-enabled psi-storms, made blowouts more frequent. Call of Pripyat is set after Shadow of Chernobyl, and the Zone is now pretty pissed and throwing all sorts of tantrums.
* Slightly reworked weather. The skies are now not so gloomy.. makes a nice contrast between the dreary surroundings and the weather.
* More music added to the guitar playlists and Skadovosk/Yanov
* General bugfixing. You will now not get radio messages during emissions when you're standing right next to the guy sending them and stuff like that. Also made the surge_notification setting actually work as intended.
* More graphics options! Built in to the game, you can now set certain console variables in the options menu. Including enabling functional anti-aliasing.
* Probably more stuff I can't remember

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 25, 2014

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

NeoSeeker posted:

In Lost Alpha Do you have to change graphics settings in the user file? They don't save when I exit the game/can't change them using the ingame settings.

For me, I had to edit graphics settings, start a game, save, then exit all the way out, for it to get the graphics settings to "stick" but they finally did. I have no idea why.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Ddraig posted:

* A few new achievements. May not be entirely functional.. they tend to have positive effects that are not just 'we're going to give you free items'. If you drink a lot of vodka, for example (more than Cardan!) you may eventually get a slight radiation reducing effect as your liver is practically made of iron at that point.

Zulu looks at the CNPP and turns up his nose.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Zulu looks at the CNPP and turns up his nose.

When you give vodka to Cardan now you have to drink with him, too. Nobody likes drinking on their own. Between him and Zulu you may get a significant proportion of the way to that achievement in a couple of hours.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I have been shagging about with dds files for years, although their entire formatting system is a little odd recently, (normals alpha standing in for how matte or shiny something is requires a bit of messing about blindly for me) but, one thing I can do is resize the icon maps for smg's and anything else you want int the pistol slot, but, that requires someone then telling the game via lua or whatever about these icons and how its all cool for them to be in the pistol slot, or remake them altogether, plus, as far as retexturing ok models with lovely textures, I can frankenstein acceptable textures over the old ones easily enough, hand tweak and age them a bit as well, it would mean I can get through a lot rather quickly as well, I recall Aliundo or another guy that did some beautiful tex work for fallout and stalker actually posting in either this thread or earlier, if they dont mind me recycling some textures, that will make things faster and smoother. the + of this is almost everything metal/wood/plastic will look similarly aged, the - being unless I retint everything a little bit, there may be a little repetition,

personally, I think all pickup guns should be worn, with the exception of virgin stuff thats been in some stash for a few years, some stuff found in military bases, store rooms and so on, by store rooms, I think the bandit camp in dark valleys treasure room, and so on, and they would, along with custom weapons, receive a slightly different texture, notched butts and so on.

(edit : and so on, tl;dr, lets make a collab dropbox for texturing models, and I will go through them and improve the textures and Icon sheets.)

staberind fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 25, 2014

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

Welp, here it is

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1R4RHpB68V6c1F1Ykd4SWFScGM/edit?usp=sharing

This is as-is at the moment. This is what I managed to recover from my old computer's hard drive after it died and has been adapted to Misery 2.1.1

Very feature incomplete, to the point where I can't remember exactly what I have or haven't included.

Should hopefully be no major gamebreaking bugs but I've only got to Jupiter. I will try to fix any problems, though.

quote:

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently.

:sigh:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Ddraig posted:

When you give vodka to Cardan now you have to drink with him, too. Nobody likes drinking on their own. Between him and Zulu you may get a significant proportion of the way to that achievement in a couple of hours.

There was something amusing about handing that dude bottles of alcohol and then standing, silently, and watching him drink alone.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Ah poo poo. I'll upload it to mediafire, I guess? Not too hot on what the best host is.

You can give alcohol to Senka now aswell but he won't drink it infront of you.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

How is Lost Alpha these days? Did they iron out most of the bugs yet?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Here's a mirror on mediafire

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2bbb7jbdlqje51t/Misery_Loves_Company.7z

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Ddraig posted:

Thinking of adding a special teleport anomaly into the back room, like in OGSE. Maybe disguise it as a regular anomaly, and you get info from Snitch about its location.

e: Also, for what it's worth, there were people who were wanting a more 'roadside picnic' experience from Stalker. There's this mod:

http://ap-pro.ru/forum/35-10070-1

It's called 'F.O.T.O.G.R.A.F." and it's basically the story of a researcher sent into the Zone to examine various phenomena. You have a camera to take pictures of the Zone etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vie2urVMi48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdClS3t7yLA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUJjvTSrrRk

Haven't actually tried it myself, but like most things you can get a very terrible machine translation from the gsc forums.

Welp time to learn Russian

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Minor MLC patch incoming soon:

Version 1.1

* Changed ghillie suit. Now has no nightvision, but you can wear a mask/helmet with it. It presumably goes over the rest... why would it have a dedicated helmet? Removed all electrical resistance, slightly reduced radiation resistance to compensate for being allowed to wear a helmet. Removed custom 'ghillie' hud, as it's now controlled by the helmet you wear (if any)
* Exoskeleton now doesn't start off with upgrades. You need to buy them. Increased price of upgrades. It's pretty much the best outfit, no need to make it even better.
* Changed scopes to 'open' versions. Looks slightly better.
* Changed L85's scope to the CWS, modified the night vision to second gen.
* Added basic russian localization.
* Added tracers to bullets.
* Reduced weight and increased price of mutant parts/artifacts. Now more worthwhile hunting for them.
* Fixed icon for cyanide.
* Changed exoskeleton so you can no longer wear a dedicated helmet. For all intents and purposes, it's a closed-system suit. Added in cut dynamic hud for exo.
* Added in modified renderer dlls and optimized lua dll. USE AT OWN RISK.
* Added in missing helmets during game start. Whoops, my bad.
* Added in cut random events in Zaton.
* Added a few extra new stories to the dialog manager texts.
* Translated spawn menu to english.

As with all patches, change classes at least once to copy new files over. Game will break otherwise. New game start should not be required.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I went back through the original CoP files and listened to all of the Mooze music again. Logic escapes me as to why.

I can't stop listening to Zaton's day theme. I don't know why. It's so chill, yet distinctly unsettling at the same time.

Jupiter's night theme is pretty awesome too, as is Pripyat's day theme.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
I was going to complain about the rate of knife degradation (even with a sniper it's a bit too fast), but hopefully raising the price on mutant parts balances that out.

Misery is... alright now? The economy changes in 2.1.1 make earning cash a much less tedious experience, new anomalies make exploration more interesting and unpredictable, more music (I got pretty stoked when It Was A Good Day started playing, and like all the audio "glitches"), new flavor stuff is cool...

gently caress, looks like I'm dragged back in.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Any day when you don't have to use your AK is a good day (in the Zone)

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Ddraig posted:

Sounds about right for Donetsk residents

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

Keep up the good work Ddraig! :h:

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Ddraig posted:

I'd say that's one loving spectacular day even if you're sitting around doing nothing...

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Horns posted:

I was going to complain about the rate of knife degradation (even with a sniper it's a bit too fast), but hopefully raising the price on mutant parts balances that out.

Misery is... alright now? The economy changes in 2.1.1 make earning cash a much less tedious experience, new anomalies make exploration more interesting and unpredictable, more music (I got pretty stoked when It Was A Good Day started playing, and like all the audio "glitches"), new flavor stuff is cool...

gently caress, looks like I'm dragged back in.

I decided to give it a try but I'm kind of put off by how truly insane the economic model is--and you say this is improved over how it was?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

EvanSchenck posted:

I decided to give it a try but I'm kind of put off by how truly insane the economic model is--and you say this is improved over how it was?

Yeah, mechanic repair prices are still loving absurd but the rest of the economy in 2.1.1 definitely feels more manageable compared to 2.1.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Horns posted:

Yeah, mechanic repair prices are still loving absurd but the rest of the economy in 2.1.1 definitely feels more manageable compared to 2.1.

I think I'm just going to reinstall it in "Rookie Mode" and see if it makes any more sense. I had pretty much no trouble at all with the actual difficulty of the game, but when getting grazed by anything at all drops your armor condition by >10% and you have to sell 10 looted AKs to break even on a travel sewing kit (actual retail price $4), it's mighty hard to give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Oh right, I forgot that I'm using rookie mode as well. Standard is just silly. Even in rookie mode some of the damage resistance on NPCs seems excessive. Trying the Water Plant mercs and the guys in standard stalker suit style outfits require 3 or more body shots with a high-caliber rifle (head shots are at least a guaranteed kill, though).

edit: Yo Ddraig

quote:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : !m_error_code
[error]Function : raii_guard::~raii_guard
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrServerEntities\script_storage.cpp
[error]Line : 748
[error]Description : ...call of pripyat\gamedata\scripts\itms_manager.script:241: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'mut' (a nil value)

stack trace:

Getting this crash when trying to loot izloms. Specifically the ones hanging out behind the Iron Forest, if that matters (they're the only izloms I've come across so far).

edit 2: Also found an exploit: ARS adds the option to refill flasks; if you have an empty flask and talk to Beard, you can fill the flask, but immediately after filling it another empty flask will show up in Beard's inventory - buy that and you can fill it again, which will cause another empty flask to be available for purchase, fill that, buy another one, fill it, etc. Buying the flask and filling it is 190RU; the full coffee flask sells back to Beard for about 4400RU. Really easy way to make a poo poo load of extra cash, I was up to 100K after just a minute or two.

Horns fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Sep 27, 2014