Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I finally got to the latest episode of Talk'n Shop and I'll be damned if Doc's Tough Enough story isn't one of the funniest things I've ever heard on a wrestling podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I finally got to the latest episode of Talk'n Shop and I'll be damned if Doc's Tough Enough story isn't one of the funniest things I've ever heard on a wrestling podcast.

Bob's story about doing squats in the Power Plant is pretty amazing too.

"IT'S OVER THERE! IT'S OVER THERE! :gonk:"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Sapp not knowing who AJ was and describing him as 'the guy who does the flips" was pretty great.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Gaz-L posted:

It's always weird when the OSW guys remind you that they're doctors. (Or Jay is, at least, right?)

I recalled Jay saying that he was in medical school, but beyond that I'm not sure.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Alice Radley was in the hospital for over a week and racked up a $120,000 bill for her abscess and subsequent near-death, of which her insurance paid all but $100 :stare:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ghostpilot posted:

I recalled Jay saying that he was in medical school, but beyond that I'm not sure.

I know Jay is, and either OOC or V1 is too.

The weirder one is when Kevin from AEPodcast reminds you that he has a degree in zoology.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I know Jay is, and either OOC or V1 is too.

Jay is, and the one who does "what bar" is as well. The other guy constantly seems zoned out when they go into doctor talk.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Luigi Thirty posted:

Alice Radley was in the hospital for over a week and racked up a $120,000 bill for her abscess and subsequent near-death, of which her insurance paid all but $100 :stare:

I have a $100 copay for an urgent care visit. Her insurance wins.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

triplexpac posted:

I don't think he has that much say in Total Divas, I think I remember hearing he just got a credit because Vince needed to appease him

I walked in when my wife was watching Total Divas and it had Nikki Bella and Natalia trying on lingerie in a store so props to whoever makes the decisions on that show.

MassRafTer posted:

I think that's what Dave basically suggested in the end, if he's going to have a rental he should have the highest end one because he's the champion.

Total Divas:

(Bryan and Brie eating lunch)

(close-up of Bryans card declining)

(Bryans eyes open wide while cashier looks embarassd and Brie starts crying)

(cut to commercial)

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

oldpainless posted:

Total Divas:

(Bryan and Brie eating lunch)

(close-up of Bryans card declining)

(Bryans eyes open wide while cashier looks embarassd and Brie starts crying)

(cut to commercial)

You forgot (dramatic dubstep buildup)

Listening to the Bob Sapp Talkin Shop, the Bullet Club guys sound like the little yappy dog from that Looney Toons cartoon compared to Bob sounding so deep voiced and cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
This Les Thatcher show on the WOL is so dull. They must have better shows that they can offer for free to entice people to sign up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

She's married to a British national IIRC.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

CopywrightMMXI posted:

This Les Thatcher show on the WOL is so dull. They must have better shows that they can offer for free to entice people to sign up.

F4W should just bring the Attitude Era podcast into the fold.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

triplexpac posted:

F4W should just bring the Attitude Era podcast into the fold.

AEP and the New Generation podcasts are probably my two favorites right now.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

AEP and the New Generation podcasts are probably my two favorites right now.

Why not the Pisscast?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

Why not the Pisscast?

Honestly, I've never listened to it. I just found out it's on iTunes, so I'll give it a shot.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Honestly, I've never listened to it. I just found out it's on iTunes, so I'll give it a shot.

I expect a full report of your findings.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Is the New Generation Podcast actually any good? I tried listening to the first episode and it seemed really dry.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
not really sure why but I've really taken to the lapsed fans mania podcasts.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

ICHIBAHN posted:

These people have apparently done a 4 hour 52 minute show on Wrestlemania IV. Pisscast has to lift their game.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the 4-5 hour shows are the norm

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Is the New Generation Podcast actually any good? I tried listening to the first episode and it seemed really dry.

It's not on the same level as the AEPodcast, but it's definitely improved and I really enjoy it now, more than OSW Review most of the time. They also did a live watch of the '94 and '95 Rumbles, which I thought was cool,

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Bob Sapp's Very Bad Advice for buying a TV:
-Buy one from a pawn shop
-Buy one from Alibaba.com
-Buy the floor model of the ugliest, cheapest one on the shelf at Best Buy

Dont Do This Hoot

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

gently caress that, I want to see the Japaanese Bob Sapp sex toy.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Gonzo McFee posted:

The first episode isn't that great, but once you get to around episode 4, it starts to get good. They just did a special episode on Halloween Havoc 95 that was pretty great.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

dsriggs posted:

These people have apparently done a 4 hour 52 minute show on Wrestlemania IV. Pisscast has to lift their game.

Pisscast did a 6 hour show on the WBF.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

dsriggs posted:

Every episode of the pisscast is about Wrestlemania IV so that's like 180 hours and counting.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I Before E posted:

Pisscast did a 6 hour show on the WBF.

And it was god drat amazing and I won't hear otherwise

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

beggar posted:

Bob Sapp's Very Bad Advice for buying a TV:
-Buy one from a pawn shop
-Buy one from Alibaba.com
-Buy the floor model of the ugliest, cheapest one on the shelf at Best Buy

Dont Do This Hoot

Bob Sapp is the best.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bob thought Pride was a pro-wrestling federation and didn't know he was supposed to really fight till like 45 minutes before his first match :stare:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's like the opposite of the Jake Roberts story about when he got smartened up to the business.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New SNCJ up.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

That's like the opposite of the Jake Roberts story about when he got smartened up to the business.

Was Jake the one who got a job as a referee and the booker didn't even know he wasn't smart until after he did a few matches?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

Was Jake the one who got a job as a referee and the booker didn't even know he wasn't smart until after he did a few matches?

He got made a ref and while he was driving another wrestler to the show he was asking him what to do if the wrestlers cheated and he caught them, and the wrestler thought he was talking about being in position to NOT see stuff etc. Finally the guy realized Jake was asking because he was scared that if he screwed up and cost one of the tough guy wrestlers their win then they'd beat him up afterwards, at which point he realized Jake had no idea it was a work.

Keep in mind Jake's dad was Grizzly Smith, so everybody just kind of assumed he came in knowing everything there was to know already.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

ICHIBAHN posted:

So I ended up listening to a couple of shows. I like all the information they give about things, but unfortunately they both seem convinced that they're the funniest people alive & constantly break down in laughter for any sentence that isn't a bone-dry explanation of facts. Not for me.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Honesty i felt the same but I've listened to all four of their shows now & I find it hilarious. Their humour isn't to my usual tastes but for some reason i'm into it. A guilty pleasure maybe. I completely see why some might not like the show though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Jim from Virginia asking Bryan Alvarez about DJ Hyde's WSU booking of Lufisto.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

does anyone happen to have a link to the youtube video of bryan and vinny doing commentary over that vignette of those two burly wrestlers riding on tractors and horses together

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

does anyone happen to have a link to the youtube video of bryan and vinny doing commentary over that vignette of those two burly wrestlers riding on tractors and horses together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEzLl7TKO-M

Edit: I noticed in the comments Fooch is apparently having brain problems.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Sep 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

thanks lmao

• Locked thread