Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
My vampire role was different; it reset my alignment from 3P to town on death, which I had to do because my wincon was to kill 2 scum or 4 town. Kill, not lynch. And through three days I had zero killing powers beyond making Diqnol lovers with me.

Also, Diqnol flipped scum. Meinberg's full of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Byers if your new role has a cool power use it now.

Can't; it's a night power.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

I love you byers don't kill me please.

Why would I kill you; you gave me exactly what I needed.

Puntification posted:

Byers you better give us all the info you have on your role otherwise I see no reason why we shouldn't just turbo your potentially alignment-changed rear end.

Also, hey capps, I'm glad you're back!

I was a JOAT SK, basically, but with a set quota to kill instead of needing to kill everyone. I could also apparently win if I survived, but that wasn't going to happen. The odd-day vampire option gave me a way to get out of the lovely wincon, but only if I died on an odd-numbered day or night.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
In that case I knew about your role and planned it from the start to save you.

Africa 4 lyfe.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

In that case I knew about your role and planned it from the start to save you.

Africa 4 lyfe.

Ebola bros, yo. *fistbump*

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, diqnol did flip scum. I didn't even notice.

Alright, vig successful!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You're welcome, everyone.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

##unvote

Hey, votes carry over from before my death and resurrection.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##unvote

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Where is diqnols flip?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Read the Fantropes thread you silly billy.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Dr. Hurt posted:

Read the Fantropes thread you silly billy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkUN_5OymNU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Are the fan tropes people reading this thread?

Because I have a message for them:

K
I
L
L

D
H
D

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

##vote byers because he's scum? I guess?

Know who's scum?

##vote CapnAndy

I just looked over the votes for Poque and the votes for me. Asiina said she'd vote Poque, but was pushing for DHD. sos and Magnus had similiar reactions to us both self-voting and scumclaiming. You avoided talking about Poque or voting Poque, but were perfectly willing to vote me right away. There's a clear difference there, one where you chose to not vote the scum and voted for a 3P. If you're scumbros with Poque, that makes perfect sense to me; you're knowledge of his alignment/role and lack of knowledge of mine led you to have two different reactions.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote byers there is no way I'm trusting you on this

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yeah same ##vote byers

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
##unvote because I'm entirely willing to believe a fanfic game has a friendly sparkly vampire in it.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Propaganda Machine posted:

:siren: scum right here :siren:

i am sorry for the ad hominem attack. it was unwarranted. where was your fan art submission?

alas, i am deep in the throes of toad's excellent adventure and do not have time for this pettiness.

I had to write a paper for school, so I had to choose between doing that and doing fan art. I decided to split the difference and hand in my Hulk Hogan legdropping Agent York while I am in the stands pleading with Hulk not to kill my lover drawing in as my paper.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I still don't quite trust you Byers but I am willing to ##vote CapnAndy because I thought he had a scummy post at the beginning of the game (before people were actually playing).

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

soscannonballs posted:

I still don't quite trust you Byers but I am willing to ##vote CapnAndy because I thought he had a scummy post at the beginning of the game (before people were actually playing).

I was voting you yesterday and I would like to continue ##soscannonballs

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Opopanax posted:

##vote byers there is no way I'm trusting you on this

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah same ##vote byers

Why? What possible reason could I have to invite death like I did today as a 3P after Poque's lynch yesterday? To use my vampire power just to use it?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Also, now that I'm not playing from a 3P perspective, let's take another look at PMom's Thunderdome use D1. COnsider POque's flip, and the fact that PMom's usage of that power ensured he'd live through D1. It's a possible way to save the life of a suicidal scumbro.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Also with Diqnol's scum flip his defense of Puntification looks bad.

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Sos, consider that vote might have been an attempt to push you to give better reads. I don't think it's scummy of Punt.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Also, now that I'm not playing from a 3P perspective, let's take another look at PMom's Thunderdome use D1. COnsider POque's flip, and the fact that PMom's usage of that power ensured he'd live through D1. It's a possible way to save the life of a suicidal scumbro.

Why would one scum risk dying in a thunderdome just to save a scumbro who was going to continue to ask for his death?

Considering his campaign started before the game actually did it's not like Poque was going to stop asking for death after D1.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

Why would one scum risk dying in a thunderdome just to save a scumbro who was going to continue to ask for his death?

Considering his campaign started before the game actually did it's not like Poque was going to stop asking for death after D1.

Hmmm, true.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I think 90% of the previous day actions have been motivated by how funny something would be.

I also tend to believe the poque alignment change thing because there was a slight change in his posting.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

Lol

If I didn't have a vote on you already I'd vote you.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Your argument requires
-me to want to save Poque despite him wanting to die
-me and Poque to be scumbros both before and after the alignment change
(-or both Poque and dhd lying about the alignment change)
-me taking the risk of drawing attention to myself by using thunderdome specifically to save Poque knowing that he'd eventually flip scum

When the alternative would have been to do nothing?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

And besides
:sun:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I totally almost killed diqnol but something held me back

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Byers2142 posted:

Know who's scum?

##vote CapnAndy

I just looked over the votes for Poque and the votes for me. Asiina said she'd vote Poque, but was pushing for DHD. sos and Magnus had similiar reactions to us both self-voting and scumclaiming. You avoided talking about Poque or voting Poque, but were perfectly willing to vote me right away. There's a clear difference there, one where you chose to not vote the scum and voted for a 3P. If you're scumbros with Poque, that makes perfect sense to me; you're knowledge of his alignment/role and lack of knowledge of mine led you to have two different reactions.

this is a good argument. better than anything i can come up with at this point, anyway.

##vote CapnAndy

soscannonballs posted:

Also with Diqnol's scum flip his defense of Puntification looks bad.

i dunno. it seems to me that scum could want to defend a known/likely town player to look better. like reverse bussing, or something.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

He wasn't defending him from a lynch or anything though, he was defending Punt's possible reasoning for his actions which just feels bad to me.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Christ, do I actually have to defend myself, I thought that case was self-evidently silly

Because its entire lynchpin was that I've been paying attention at all

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Rarity, the other thread has a point. What did you get from Poque's lynch?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

poque wasn't lynched

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This game is terrible.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
It is hard to follow

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

poque wasn't lynched

I think he still was even though the day ended early.

How else did he die?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Fast Luck you can run one of the genius death matches if you want. I would recommend black and white, it's probably the easiest one to run. Personality Test is also fairly easy. The others require a bit more work on the back end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I actually put together an entire game that hasn't been used yet. It's legit. Now it's only a matter of people for some reason wanting to play it during the middle of a game of Mafia.

• Locked thread