Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

Unormal posted:

E02J3-YNEV9-IYF2M

Snagged this one, the third one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Unormal posted:

ZIBV0-DDFNJ-AHI45

Claimed this one. Will give it a try later!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Unormal posted:

8GDZX-JZQW5-XVIAC

Got this one, thanks! I've been looking forward to playing this one.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Mariposa posted:

Any advice on Automagic Teleport Machine (which requires you to beat Shifting Passages with anything you like, with Unstoppable)? The closest I've gotten is with a goblin assassin. The changelings there respond to your class; from the wiki:

I don't honestly remember what I used. Pretty sure it was an Assassin with a Fine Sword to get me started off. You might want to force Binlor Ironshield or else the ENDISWAL glyph, but that's kind of a necessity in there anyway.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 27, 2014

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Unormal posted:

Here's another round of Sproggiwood keys.

ECFL7-5CEBD-49GL7

IK6L0-9IDQE-V0PNG

Thanks!

Someone already took both of these without mentioning it in the thread.
No key for me, again. :(

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Someone already took both of these without mentioning it in the thread.
No key for me, again. :(

:( :respek: :(

I feel your pain. I've missed em all by not too long.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Unormal posted:

If you take a key, it'd be great if you could fill out this survey after playing the first couple dungeons: https://www.surveymonkey.com/collect/?collector_id=57174173

The survey page isn't working. It says I don't have permission to view it.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Evil Mastermind posted:

The survey page isn't working. It says I don't have permission to view it.

Derp, here's the right url:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/v2cpc3h

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Crypt of the Necrodancer got an update recently, and is 33% off on Steam today.

quote:

Added: Dagger of Phasing, Dagger of Frost, Shield Spell, and Scrolls of Need, Shield, and Enchant Weapon
Made it so you can attack and aggro the shopkeeper with bombs or a fireball spell, and changed how dragon fire affects shopkeeper
Updated Monk scoring (you get credit for all coins left on the ground) and made bombs destroy coins and items in the blast
Made it so that if you have a bomb or good shovel you can destroy King Conga’s throne and speed up that boss battle
Added 'empty heart container' and 'double empty heart container' items, and added chance of them appearing in secret Health Shop
Fixed Shrine of Risk bug where you could move quickly on the next level to avoid damage
Made boots of leaping togglable and made them less rare
Increased the duration of effect for tempo traps
Changed bounce traps so that they take effect immediately (should fix replay/bard inconsistencies and a bunch of other issues)

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Crypt of the Necrodancer got an update recently, and is 33% off on Steam today.

I might look into it. With all of the talk in this thread about it I'm guessing it's worth it.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

It totally is, as long as you can handle an RL that doesn't give you much time to plan your moves. Gotta keep moving to the beat!

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
The ragesurvey responses from people missing key batches are always amusing. :golfclap:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If any of you bought a Groupees bundle in the last while, they currently have a complimentary bundle with Sanctuary RPG, an ASCII Roguelike.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
The Groupees bundle's over here, but SanctuaryRPG is free to play anyways.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Whirling dervish effect finished up!

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
So here's something I didn't see in the OP.

Gearhead Arena
Gearhead 2

I played these a bunch a couple of years back, then promptly forgot about them until today. And apparently I'm not the only one, the games web presence is pretty much limited to a forum that still has a little bit of activity, and the creator doesn't seem to be interested anymore.

Anybody know a thing or two about these? I'd like to get back into it but don't really remember anything more than "This game lets you eat Bacon Tubesteak. GOTY.".

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It was in the old OP but hardly anyone talks about it since development died shortly after the first Gearhead 2 releases and then an attempt at switching languages.

And now the website is a giant #gamergate rant :v:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
That's sad. Seems to have a lot of potential and there's not many Mech and Pilot PC RPGs. Or any other ones, anyway.

I blame PTN's new Mechwarrior LP for reminding me of this.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I really wish Brogue's Windows port had a fullscreen/maximized mode. I've been playing it on an old Thinkpad X41 I got for free, which is a like 2005 or so ultraportable where the screen can swivel around and fold down to cover the keyboard and use the touchscreen; and which is only 1024x768. So there's significant chunks of screen open around it at the largest text size that fits on screen, and it's annoying to position it around to look good.

Just having it with the display stuff centered in a black window would be fine.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Got to level 4 of hell in DoomRL with a shotgunner marine build. :toot: I wasted a bunch of resources on The Vault and got nothing worthwhile from it and died on the next level.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
The Vaults are kind of a tossup - sometimes you get nothing good, sometimes there's some incredible loot. I skip them unless I cleared Hell's Arena and the Chained Court - the Arena Master's Staff automatically opens all the Vaults if you use it. Much easier than dicking around with phase devices.

I suggest a rapid-fire Marine for getting further in the game. Ammochain is probably the single most overpowered master trait for general-purpose murdering, since it lets you chain fire a plasma rifle every turn forever. Just use a shotgun at the very start, swap to a chaingun for dangerous enemies, and use a plasma rifle when you obtain one.

If you really like shotguns, remember that the double shotty is bad at long range and the combat shotgun does less damage than a regular shotgun for no benefit if you have Shottyman. Also, two Power mods on a regular shotgun makes A Good Gun that Shottymen will really like.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 28, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Angry Diplomat posted:

If you really like shotguns, remember that the double shotty is bad at long range and the combat shotgun does less damage than a regular shotgun for no benefit if you have Shottyman. Also, two Power mods on a regular shotgun makes A Good Gun that Shottymen will really like.

The combat shotgun does still have an advantage. It takes 1/5 as much time to pump it as to reload a normal shotgun, so it's better for spamming around corners. Shotguns are amazing for shooting around corners, by the way. Normal guns get an accuracy penalty for enemies you can't see, but shotguns always hit everything inside their range.

The combat shotgun is even better if you get the mod kits to turn it into a "tactical shotgun", which doesn't need to be pumped. Combine it with the Scout trait that lets you shoot shotguns in 1/3 the time and you can blow everything up real fast (while also pissing away all your ammo). Combine it with a second shotgun in your ready slot and you can spew out 10 shots in 3 turns.

Unique weapons (like the ones you get from the vaults) are pretty cool in this game, but also pretty impractical if you don't have the perfect kit to take advantage of them. A rocket launcher that turns the ground into lava? A slightly-worse tactical shotgun that uses 9mm ammo instead of shells? A BFG that can only reload by standing in acid?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Is this actually a roguelike? I thought it was a full fledged RPG.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
It's kind of a weird and addictive mix of roguelike, RPG and cookie clicker with randomized loot, crafting and arena with ladder and randomized "dungeons" (not something you can actually walk through). Sounds like absolute clusterfuck but it's not, at least not at the beginning (I keep dying around level 15 so YMMV).

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

RickVoid posted:

So here's something I didn't see in the OP.

Gearhead Arena
Gearhead 2

I played these a bunch a couple of years back, then promptly forgot about them until today. And apparently I'm not the only one, the games web presence is pretty much limited to a forum that still has a little bit of activity, and the creator doesn't seem to be interested anymore.

Anybody know a thing or two about these? I'd like to get back into it but don't really remember anything more than "This game lets you eat Bacon Tubesteak. GOTY.".

Gearhead 1 is cool, once you have a high enough skill in building mechs you can pretty much put any part you want into anywhere on the chasis. For example, you could weld a pair of giant arms onto a fighter jet, iirc. There's a similar mechanic for building human-sized robot companions. 2 was supposed to add some space elements, but it didn't go very far with it. 1 is still better imo, 2 I think doesn't even have any questline or much to do at all.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Shotguns are amazing for shooting around corners, by the way. Normal guns get an accuracy penalty for enemies you can't see, but shotguns always hit everything inside their range.

This also means that Running gives you all the evasion with none of the accuracy penalties when using shotguns.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I got an elephant gun early on and it was effective pretty much the entire way through, although I started running low on ammo for it near the end. I never used Running though, maybe I should have

I'll try an ammochain guy next, although I didn't find a plasma rifle until the vaults in this run, is it supposed to be a really lategame weapon?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sleepy Owl posted:

I got an elephant gun early on and it was effective pretty much the entire way through, although I started running low on ammo for it near the end. I never used Running though, maybe I should have

I'll try an ammochain guy next, although I didn't find a plasma rifle until the vaults in this run, is it supposed to be a really lategame weapon?

You can always get lucky RNG and find one anywhere, but I think you're guaranteed a few from the elite guys in the Military Base/Deimos Lab. Most of the red staircases have some sort of nice guaranteed reward if you're up for them, although some are pretty suicidal without the right gear.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Sleepy Owl posted:

running is a crazy powerful buff and you basically get a free one every level so use that poo poo.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How do I not die from infection in Neo Scavenger?
I always cook the water and I don't eat any berries or mushrooms yet in mid-game I always die by falling over unconscious until someone wanders over and kills me or I just die of thirst.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
I think blue berries are always safe. But I haven't put a ton of time into the game so I don't know how to survive long-term yet.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

andrew smash posted:

running is a crazy powerful buff and you basically get a free one every level so use that poo poo.

how do i run :v:

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Just giving a public shout out to Unormal for being a super awesome goon. Lifetime customer status achieved.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Some corrections-
AmmoChain USED to be brokenly good, it's now merely decent and doesn't give near-infinite ammo. No longer using wizkid is a major nerf.
Combat shotty is an immediate and permanent upgrade over the normal shotty - it does less raw damage at point blank, but it's got less damage falloff at range (and longer range? iirc) and will be consistently better.

Games' not installed, but pretty sure tab is to run? Err check the command page (? default? halp). Gives bonus' to dodge for a malus to aim, basically free buff for shotties which can't miss.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

TaintedBalance posted:

Just giving a public shout out to Unormal for being a super awesome goon. Lifetime customer status achieved.

Hell yes. I'm convincing people that they need his good games irl.

Tremis
Nov 30, 2013
Not sure if anyone has heard of this gem. Cyberdekay. Link: http://ragzouken.itch.io/cyberdekay

It's a free, short but awesome roguelike with only one enemy, however, it's an extremely scary one. :spooky:

I won't spoil it for you, but I was hooked for about a day trying to beat this one. Very unique and highly recommended.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

lordfrikk posted:

It's kind of a weird and addictive mix of roguelike, RPG and cookie clicker with randomized loot, crafting and arena with ladder and randomized "dungeons" (not something you can actually walk through). Sounds like absolute clusterfuck but it's not, at least not at the beginning (I keep dying around level 15 so YMMV).

is this about sanctuary? Seems like a misrepresentation, how is it like cookie clicker?

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Tollymain posted:

how do i run :v:

i'm pretty sure it's tab but honestly it's been a long time since i played doomRL.

bisonbison
Jul 18, 2002

unormal, thanks for the beta key. What kind of feedback are you interested in right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

bisonbison posted:

unormal, thanks for the beta key. What kind of feedback are you interested in right now?

Any feedback at all, pretty much. Feel free to e-mail unormal at gmail if you've got unstructured feedback that you don't feel like posting on the forums.