Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

I like that the expansion came out after it removed the guy who was like real money auction is a good thing. And then a game got better.

yea gently caress that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
all of them

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Jay Wilson was actually considering lowering the Vanilla D3 drop rate for both legendaries and rares and the RMAH would have large ads displayed on the top half of the screen while you were using it. This was going to be implemented post launch and the codes for it are still in the post-launch patches.

But then Reaper of Souls team kicked him to the curb.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

The game still has trouble instilling a sense of atmosphere, compared to its prequels.

..But then again, I'm just a sucker for sprites. They leap better off the screen than D3's splodge-on-splodge action.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

THE BAR posted:

The game still has trouble instilling a sense of atmosphere, compared to its prequels.

..But then again, I'm just a sucker for sprites. They leap better off the screen than D3's splodge-on-splodge action.

i think d3 is the best arpg in terms of visuals. not just pure fidelity but knowing exactly what's going on all the time no matter how hectic things get is an achievement.

in marvel heroes im just following healthbars and praying to god im hitting the right thing

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

D3 is a wonderful gauntlet clone. It is not really diablo to me.

Dec 26, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

you forgot the part where they're all like "+0.1% attack with one-handed swords" and not even cool stuff like "shoot fireballs out of your hands" or "grand upper" or "shoot fireballs out of your rear end"

see i wouldnt even mind that except the balance is wonky enough that certain paths are just objectively worse than others and you really mostly want to beeline to the important big things, some of which straight up negate game mechanics like the one that makes all attacks hit but you dont crit anymore

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

Jay Wilson was actually considering lowering the Vanilla D3 drop rate for both legendaries and rares and the RMAH would have large ads displayed on the top half of the screen while you were using it. This was going to be implemented post launch and the codes for it are still in the post-launch patches.

But then Reaper of Souls team kicked him to the curb.

My favourite thing was how they nerfed +gold find on breakables since some people were standing in a spot all day and breaking vases since it was more efficient than actual monster hunting. That's when you know you have a great game on your hands.

Dec 26, 2012

Azraelle posted:

My favourite thing was how they nerfed +gold find on breakables since some people were standing in a spot all day and breaking vases since it was more efficient than actual monster hunting. That's when you know you have a great game on your hands.

that owns so hard

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

01011001 posted:

that owns so hard

I also remember that the damage and health of monsters scaled so high in groups in early D3 that players would avoid grouping. And the repair cost was so high that starting on Inferno in regular non-AH gear would make you go broke. I personally quit when I'd played Inferno for like 5 hours without finding a single useful item.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
all of them, op

all of them.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

did people bitch when the auction room got taken out? this is a legit question

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Tekopo posted:

not really

there's always a vocal minority, like for instance the people who were making money, but for the most part everyone was happy just to have a game where you progress by playing it.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Tekopo posted:

bobby kotick probably

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Tekopo posted:

I read one goon in the Blizzard forum that bragged about how much money he had made and how Blizzard would learn the wrong lesson from this etc. but that's it.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
has somebody posted "all of them" yet? haha ya looks like someone did heh, love you crazy imps

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
a flash game online

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

a flash game online

hilarious

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Hoodrich posted:

hilarious

i know ;) thank you my son

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
lmao OP is tryina make a thread dissin D3 and doesn't even include Titan Quest in his list of better games, voted 1 and loling all the way to my two skill pages

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
so... who reaps the reaper?

e; oh wait the last boss isn't even the grim reaper? what a gyp

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Protagonist posted:

so... who reaps the reaper?

e; oh wait the last boss isn't the grim reaper? what a gyp
all he even does is drain a level from you, he's not even a threat, Steve, just put a couple more quarters in and let's go beat Skorne

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Goddamn I want an action rpg like this that doesn't use cilck-to-move gently caress

I want to move my little retarded guy around with the keys and shoot with the mouse does that make me a war criminal

fuckin paths of exile

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tujague posted:

Goddamn I want an action rpg like this that doesn't use cilck-to-move gently caress

I want to move my little retarded guy around with the keys and shoot with the mouse does that make me a war criminal

fuckin paths of exile
Bastion

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
you forgot smash tv and that coop mode in black ops thats basically smash tv. these ares games better than diablo 3.

Also back when I had my g4 mac I was hooked on this game called Kill Monte, which was basically a mix between kill bill and smash tv. This is also a much better game than Diablo 3
http://kill-monty.en.softonic.com/mac

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Tujague posted:

fuckin paths of exile

im sorry but i think this means you have to buy hellgate london now

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'm so surprised that Blizzard, a literal world of warcraft expansion creating machine, makes games and people expect them to be something besides World of Warcraft.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Heavy Lobster posted:

lmao OP is tryina make a thread dissin D3 and doesn't even include Titan Quest in his list of better games, voted 1 and loling all the way to my two skill pages

titan quest with the expansion and the underlord mod is really, really loving good. actually took my attention away from eastern sun for a long time.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

BrettRobb posted:

I'm so surprised that Blizzard, a literal world of warcraft expansion creating machine, makes games and people expect them to be something besides World of Warcraft.

man what the heck are you even talking about

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

titan quest and grim dawn, are the best arpgs

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
do people still play eastern sun? I could get back into it if they integrated the high res mod or something. I tried playing d2 a while back and it was basically a postage stamp on my monitor

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
seriously though more arpgs need controller support or wasd movement. i can't go back to mouse movement after playing console diablo

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I liked titan quest, is grim dawn still $20 for like half an act of a broken game?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

BrettRobb posted:

do people still play eastern sun? I could get back into it if they integrated the high res mod or something. I tried playing d2 a while back and it was basically a postage stamp on my monitor

i dont think they ever managed to combine those mods :(

BrettRobb posted:

I liked titan quest, is grim dawn still $20 for like half an act of a broken game?

It has two acts now! And they've added a ton of stuff. But it's going off in a weird direction. Like there are branching plot options with different rewards and poo poo

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
all the weird crafting and mod items and gems you get in poe kind of reminded me of eastern sun, only it didnt require you to read a 200pg list of recipes

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

AHungryRobot posted:

man what the heck are you even talking about

BrettRobb literally cannot post in a thread without calling something a WoW clone.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
there have been a lot of destiny and diablo3 threads lately I agree

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Diablo 3 is alright but diablo 2 let you build crazy op characters and didn't try/know how to nerf them. Except druids maybe.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
lol that the only decent thing about the diablo 3 expansion was an outright ripoff of path of exile while the rest of it was just more braindead spectacle which apparently is on just the right level for you stupid faggots

dont give me anything to think about or any decisions to make, i just want to click butan and see goblin explosion because i have the mind of a child thaks diblo 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

TangentEnigma posted:

lol that the only decent thing about the diablo 3 expansion was an outright ripoff of path of exile while the rest of it was just more braindead spectacle which apparently is on just the right level for you stupid faggots

dont give me anything to think about or any decisions to make, i just want to click butan and see goblin explosion because i have the mind of a child thaks diblo 3

woah..someone hasnt found a thunderfury yet

• Locked thread