Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Fast Luck posted:

I actually put together an entire game that hasn't been used yet. It's legit. Now it's only a matter of people for some reason wanting to play it during the middle of a game of Mafia.

I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's not been play tested but it could be an hour or so long. If you're still in you only need an opponent! I wonder if MMM could play you cross-thread.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Asiina posted:

Fast Luck you can run one of the genius death matches if you want. I would recommend black and white, it's probably the easiest one to run. Personality Test is also fairly easy. The others require a bit more work on the back end.

I don't understand anything in this post.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

soscannonballs posted:

I don't understand anything in this post.
It's in reference to the diaspora fanfic mafia thread. MMM wanted to face someone in a game of wits with the loser dying to my vig kill. The "death match" would be based on the Korean game show The Genius, which is also currently being run very well on this forum by Asiina.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I will defeat MMM. Or I will die and not have to be in this giant game anymore. I accept.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

You can play MMM if you're online at the same time at some point. Otherwise, Kumba initially agreed to play MMM and i'm told the mods will enforce that agreement. I could run a game in each thread but I don't have enough vigs to keep up with the necessary kills

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
The OP doesn't specify what sort of lynch we are using maybe majority at the deadline got poque lynched? (mods feel free to clarify this). If true poque flipped goon so she should be without any abilities no?

CapnAndy is right that byer's case requires us to believe that he was following the game, which is flawed reasoning on a narrative-heavy case he did two things and byers tells us a story why, pretty weak.

I think we should play this as d1 of a new game more or less, I'm not saying every argument I've seen from people so far is dumb as gently caress but this sentence implies it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Puntification posted:

I think we should play this as d1 of a new game more or less
That's what I've been doing.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Puntification posted:

The OP doesn't specify what sort of lynch we are using maybe majority at the deadline got poque lynched? (mods feel free to clarify this). If true poque flipped goon so she should be without any abilities no?

Something ended the day early.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I agree we should just ignore the scummy things we did previously and just pretend like its a new day with a clean slate.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Something ended the day early, but, also, Poque died. So, I'm guessing it was a condition of the power that ended the day early that the vote leader at the time would be lynched.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

soscannonballs posted:

I agree we should just ignore the scummy things we did previously and just pretend like its a new day with a clean slate.

You're right actually - you were an aggressively useless dead weight who refused to engage with the game when given repeated opportunities then and there's no reason to give you the benefit of the doubt now ##votesoscannonballs

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I voted poque the most. And I also wanted to kill diqnol. I'm the towny

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Magnus Gallant posted:

I voted poque the most. And I also wanted to kill diqnol. I'm the towny

There's probably more than one.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don't even know if I can vote today: ##vote merk

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Propaganda Machine posted:

this is the closest thing we've had to a decent case so far. i like it well enough.

##vote dhd

this is a good argument. better than anything i can come up with at this point, anyway.

##vote CapnAndy

i dunno. it seems to me that scum could want to defend a known/likely town player to look better. like reverse bussing, or something.
I think my friend propaganda machine is bandwagoning on some other people's cases pretty easily. also, the one case she actually made was to try to get people to vote DHD instead of Poque

i think it's pretty silly that he claimed the night action at all. poque was already driving a ton of attention to himself; why exacerbate that.

like, 'i wasn't scum before but now i am!!' seems like something poque could/would have said regardless of the role-switch being legit. like, if dhd actually thought poque was scum, why not help get him lynched d1?

possibilities:

1) he thought poque was scum and that turning him town would do any good

2) as scum, he knew that poque wasn't (or at the very least was on a different scum team.

or, of course,

c) he's not taking the game seriously. that could be forgiven, i guess, but this is going to turn into an actual mafia game at some point. i hope. :ohdear:

what say you Prop

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey, hey, spoilers. I'm gonna watch that someday!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Dr. Hurt posted:

Player list for the Fan-Fiction Mafia thread.

1. Asiina
2. Byers
3. CapnAndy
4. Dugong
5. Ernie
6. Magnus
7. Merk
8. Mr. Capps
9. Opop
10. Pinterest Mom
11. Propoganda Machine
12. Puntification
13. Rarity
14. SOScannonballs
15. Uranus
16. Your Personal Muse

Is Fast luck in this thread or is the player list wrong?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

i have a weird role that seemingly allows me to post in both threads. Did i touch a nerve with my lazy case on Pmach?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Puntification posted:

Is Fast luck in this thread or is the player list wrong?

Fast Luck talked about himself in the FanTropes thread.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

For your convenience

Fast Luck posted:

basicxally my role is im the internet itself ie fanfiction.net fantropes.net etc and my vigs are unstoppable and kill everyone no matter whatr. i kill people by "crashing" their page. it's p cool

Fast Luck posted:

I'm a satellite :(

Fast Luck posted:

I don't know if that's a common mafia term or not, but that's what my role PM said. Basically I can't be killed or vote but can post to my heart's content and vig people, as well as give them fanfic assignments.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

For your convenience

Oh that's cool. I want an assignment.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ok don't die and I'll get it to you in one of the next couple "days"

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

Ok don't die and I'll get it to you in one of the next couple "days"

Ok cool

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I was just confused, I don't bother reading threads I'm not actually in all that closely.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

So just to confirm, youre saying you are NOT a scumbro of Pmach, your concern about me posting in the thread was tangential, and that you were trying to vote soscannonballs instead of poque in order to get him involved.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

I think my friend propaganda machine is bandwagoning on some other people's cases pretty easily. also, the one case she actually made was to try to get people to vote DHD instead of Poque

what say you Prop

1) there are no friends in mafia, only town and scum (and 3p i guess).

2) your point is valid, but i've only been supporting cases i think are reasonable. this game is ridiculous and i'm finding it very difficult to make reads, so i'm looking for logic.

3) you should do black and white it's such a fun-looking game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

1) there are no friends in mafia, only town and scum (and 3p i guess).

2) your point is valid, but i've only been supporting cases i think are reasonable. this game is ridiculous and i'm finding it very difficult to make reads, so i'm looking for logic.

3) you should do black and white it's such a fun-looking game.
a) i've got an original game already written up

b) you're typing in lower-cases letters which is unusual for you, it's like you're just casually talking, but it's forced

c) you're supposed to be writing fanfiction and i haven't seen it!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Help! I've been hacked by Chenbot! I must have asked too many questions!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

a) i've got an original game already written up

b) you're typing in lower-cases letters which is unusual for you, it's like you're just casually talking, but it's forced

c) you're supposed to be writing fanfiction and i haven't seen it!

i had to wake up at 8 am to get my car into the shop and then i really really really had to clean my kitchen and then i had to get my car back from the shop because i had to go to class and i just got home, man.

i also have something due in two hours. also you haven't even asked yet. also i have until tuesday. why would you case the guy you gave that awesome assignment to?

also i just do lowercase for mafia. go back and reread bread and butter i guess.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If MMM is too sleepy I could destroy prop instead. Begin the game, we must prevail

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

i had to wake up at 8 am to get my car into the shop and then i really really really had to clean my kitchen and then i had to get my car back from the shop because i had to go to class and i just got home, man.

i also have something due in two hours. also you haven't even asked yet. also i have until tuesday. why would you case the guy you gave that awesome assignment to?

also i just do lowercase for mafia. go back and reread bread and butter i guess.
That's the game i was thinking of, in that game you were accused of being scum for writing without caps and you were town so i was facetiously referencing it i guess.

As for the fanfic I don't gotta ask do i, i believe the mods passed on the request. Is it not until Tuesday that D3 ends? (unless someone gets lynched, that is) ... That's a pretty long day

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Opopanax posted:

If MMM is too sleepy I could destroy prop instead. Begin the game, we must prevail

the opponent has to agree to it and i do not. i'd rather play mafia, thanks.

Fast Luck posted:

That's the game i was thinking of, in that game you were accused of being scum for writing without caps and you were town so i was facetiously referencing it i guess.

As for the fanfic I don't gotta ask do i, i believe the mods passed on the request. Is it not until Tuesday that D3 ends? (unless someone gets lynched, that is) ... That's a pretty long day

the pm i got said it has to be in on tuesday. i think that holds regardless of when the day ends. nights in this game have been as long as days, anyway. hurt? taste?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

i'd rather play mafia, thanks.
Whoa, I can't believe PMach just typed those words.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

the pm i got said it has to be in on tuesday. i think that holds regardless of when the day ends. nights in this game have been as long as days, anyway. hurt? taste?

I said deadline Tuesday at 10 pm in the PM, so I will stick with that. Although try to get it in earlier than that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That is a very suspicious reaction prop, speaking of playing mafia

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Opopanax posted:

That is a very suspicious reaction prop, speaking of playing mafia

yeah, i figured you'd say that. i'm sorry that playing a deathmatch isn't really up my alley. this game finally started and it's just getting good, and, i mean i'm just assuming you're town here, but i think deathmatch is tantamount to a stupid town v. town thunderdome. i just don't find the idea appealing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

to be fair you can't really expect someone to give up the game they signed up to play for a completely different gamre. not to mention, to get a bit meta, prop doesn't like mafia much and rarely plays it, but, when she does sign up for it, she hates being killed even when she's town (see: saturday morning cartoons)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

so, basically, i dont think refusing the death match is particularly scummy in her case.

i do think she's missing out though. it's a nice game.

• Locked thread