Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

so, basically, i dont think refusing the death match is particularly scummy in her case.

i do think she's missing out though. it's a nice game.

i'm happy to play if the crash isn't on the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Fast Luck posted:

i have a weird role that seemingly allows me to post in both threads. Did i touch a nerve with my lazy case on Pmach?
I thought it was a pretty good case actually!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hi

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i dont trust vampoires. kill buyers

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I want to do a deathmatch!

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Puntification posted:

You're right actually - you were an aggressively useless dead weight who refused to engage with the game when given repeated opportunities then and there's no reason to give you the benefit of the doubt now ##votesoscannonballs

So why am I scum? Or are you just trying to get me to post again by faking outrage?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

soscannonballs posted:

So why am I scum? Or are you just trying to get me to post again by faking outrage?

You keep acting like I don't explicitly state what I'm loving doing. Originally I was just saying gently caress you but this level of intentional misconception now seems intentionally scummy to me. Let me spell it out to you, please take care to actually read the post since your earlier arguments betray a failure to do so, initially you do literally nothing to the point where you are threatened with being modkilled (I notice you still only manage a single page of posts) well under threat of death what can you manage?

soscannonballs posted:

I doubt I will get 25 posts, this game is just too overwhelming. Its funny to read all the fanfic stuff but I don't really have any good reads or anything so I will just ##vote Poque.
So I respond:

Puntification posted:

That's some seriously weak poo poo dude, "gosh I don't know, so I'll just add another to the vote leader without expressing an opinion on anything". Even poo poo reads are better than nothing. ##vote soscannonballs
You find the game too overwhelming and don't have good reads but I don't care I tell you I think even poo poo reads are better than nothing and that not expressing an opinion is a bad thing.

Puntification posted:

It's as much about giving him something to respond to as far as I'm concerned, with 14 votes to go he's pretty safe imo.
So in my next post I explain further to someone else I want to give you something to respond to, now what happens to someone who responds to posts if they are under the threat of being mod-killed for inactivity? They post more? So potentially they end up not getting mod-killed?

I don't know you and don't care about you, why as scum do I run this risk? As town I don't know your alignment it's potentially beneficial to me, but as scum when I know you're town it doesn't help me at all, even the outside possibility that saying anything would influence anything is not worth seeming towny to others as it reduces the chances of you dying.

The day ends and you're not dead and you and AFP have an argument about my possible motivation - it's not a mystery how he worked it out, it's what I literally said at the time. You said it sat badly with you that he'd defend me when it wasn't a lynch but there's a good reason he's being the voice of reason against you, distancing, what there isn't is a good reason for scum to defend scum in that position. You've done little to nothing (barring OMGUS) to contribute to the game, your arguments are worthless but intentionally misconstruing the fact I qualified the suggestion to those who expressed their de-motivation that we could play today as D1 more or less as a suggestion I meant ignore everything for some reason, meant I have no more patience for you.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I really don't like the 'clean slate' post. Discrediting that many pages no matter how silly is insane. How many games has cannon played? I am on my phone so can't easily check vote finder.

Sorry I have been inactive. moved into my new accommodation and I'm disliking my house mates more and more each day.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Puntification posted:

You keep acting like I don't explicitly state what I'm loving doing. Originally I was just saying gently caress you but this level of intentional misconception now seems intentionally scummy to me. Let me spell it out to you, please take care to actually read the post since your earlier arguments betray a failure to do so, initially you do literally nothing to the point where you are threatened with being modkilled (I notice you still only manage a single page of posts) well under threat of death what can you manage?

So I respond:

You find the game too overwhelming and don't have good reads but I don't care I tell you I think even poo poo reads are better than nothing and that not expressing an opinion is a bad thing.

So in my next post I explain further to someone else I want to give you something to respond to, now what happens to someone who responds to posts if they are under the threat of being mod-killed for inactivity? They post more? So potentially they end up not getting mod-killed?

I don't know you and don't care about you, why as scum do I run this risk? As town I don't know your alignment it's potentially beneficial to me, but as scum when I know you're town it doesn't help me at all, even the outside possibility that saying anything would influence anything is not worth seeming towny to others as it reduces the chances of you dying.

The day ends and you're not dead and you and AFP have an argument about my possible motivation - it's not a mystery how he worked it out, it's what I literally said at the time. You said it sat badly with you that he'd defend me when it wasn't a lynch but there's a good reason he's being the voice of reason against you, distancing, what there isn't is a good reason for scum to defend scum in that position. You've done little to nothing (barring OMGUS) to contribute to the game, your arguments are worthless but intentionally misconstruing the fact I qualified the suggestion to those who expressed their de-motivation that we could play today as D1 more or less as a suggestion I meant ignore everything for some reason, meant I have no more patience for you.

You singled out a worthless post from me in a game full of worthless posts and I think you did it in order to look good. Looking at your posts until that point in the game, most of your posts were pretty worthless - a few softball questions here and there but the only person you really gave a real opinion on was Byers. The tone of your original post to me isn't the tone of a town player trying to get information out of a player who is having a hard time getting into a huge game where almost no one is being serious, and it wasn't until after Rarity called you out on how useless it was to put your vote on a player who was very likely to be modkilled that you went for the whole "oh gosh I was just trying to get him to post."

Also, if I was scum, then I am the worst scum player ever because my actions in this game can be summarized by the following -
- vote for a scumbuddy while resigning myself to being modkilled
- After being spared from getting modkilled, I give reads on three players, one of which is another scumbuddy, who then proceeds to defend you from me.

In summary, I think you are scum who saw an opportunity to try and look town, and now that you have been called on it you are being overly aggressive in order to get me to back down. If you are actually town, then you need to calm down and stop insulting me personally. Just because I don't believe your motivation doesn't mean I'm not reading your posts, and I think you are being disingenuous by trying to paint this situation as me intentionally misconstruing your posts.

Dugong posted:

How many games has cannon played?

This is my 11th game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dr. Hurt posted:

Also for the first time in a few days, Mr. Capps logs on and has no idea what the hell is going on.

This is me but irl. What's going on here? Am I still alive?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

we split the game in two. you're alive.

are you poque now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Rarity, the other thread has a point. What did you get from Poque's lynch?

Nada. Poque died before he was lynched.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember the other half of my power is I hide the role of the person who was lynched. Poque's role flipped.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##vote Puntification :henget:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can we get a votecount? If I can vote, I will scum hunt today.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Votecount for Day 3

Byers2142 (3): Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, CapnAndy, Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, Byers2142, Magnus Gallant, soscannonballs, Asiina, Byers2142, Asiina, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom, CapnAndy, soscannonballs
CapnAndy (3): Byers2142, soscannonballs, Propaganda Machine
uranus (1): Puntification
merk (1): merk
Puntification (1): Rarity

Not Voting (8): Asiina, CapnAndy, Dugong, Ernie., JakeP, mr.capps, uranus, Your Personal Muse

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 30th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 12 hours.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Guys, why did you all leave as soon as I show up?

It's university all over again.

:smith:

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I'm around.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Yay!

Is you a scum?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

No.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

so did you guys here what rarity did thi-Oh poo poo she's here, nevermind

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Why not?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

My role pm says I am town. Opop since you are here do you have any reads?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't even know who's in this game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

soscannonballs posted:

My role pm says I am town.

Touché

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Here you go Opop

Dr. Hurt posted:

Player list for the Fan-Fiction Mafia thread.

1. Asiina
2. Byers
3. CapnAndy
4. Dugong
5. Ernie
6. Magnus
7. Merk
8. Mr. Capps
9. Opop
10. Pinterest Mom
11. Propoganda Machine
12. Puntification
13. Rarity
14. SOScannonballs
15. Uranus
16. Your Personal Muse

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Thanks sport

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Opop I think sos is scum so vote him

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Listen Opop I know you are my second biggest rival due to goonfights but if we team up we'll be kinda sorta unstoppable.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Second biggest? How dare you sir

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Where is all the goonfights info kept?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Opopanax posted:

Second biggest? How dare you sir

Buddy TT got here first. Sorry. Also I'm going to beat you so it's a moot point.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

Where is all the goonfights info kept?

GOON FIGHTS

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Fast Luck please make me and YPM fight to the death so he learns what a nemesis truly is.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Make sure Opop can't cheat like he usually does.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

This is me but irl. What's going on here? Am I still alive?

Rarity posted:

wow. and you thought i was lazy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Your Personal Muse posted:

Make sure Opop can't cheat like he usually does.

No deal

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

soscannonballs posted:

You singled out a worthless post from me in a game full of worthless posts and I think you did it in order to look good. Looking at your posts until that point in the game, most of your posts were pretty worthless - a few softball questions here and there but the only person you really gave a real opinion on was Byers. The tone of your original post to me isn't the tone of a town player trying to get information out of a player who is having a hard time getting into a huge game where almost no one is being serious, and it wasn't until after Rarity called you out on how useless it was to put your vote on a player who was very likely to be modkilled that you went for the whole "oh gosh I was just trying to get him to post."

Also, if I was scum, then I am the worst scum player ever because my actions in this game can be summarized by the following -
- vote for a scumbuddy while resigning myself to being modkilled
- After being spared from getting modkilled, I give reads on three players, one of which is another scumbuddy, who then proceeds to defend you from me.

In summary, I think you are scum who saw an opportunity to try and look town, and now that you have been called on it you are being overly aggressive in order to get me to back down. If you are actually town, then you need to calm down and stop insulting me personally. Just because I don't believe your motivation doesn't mean I'm not reading your posts, and I think you are being disingenuous by trying to paint this situation as me intentionally misconstruing your posts.

What I responded to was the fact you cared enough to post but not to play, I wanted to express my irritation so you'd feel bad about it. If people don't make the effort I will get annoyed at them regardless of my alignment, I genuinely dislike people lurking a lot. I might have gone overboard slightly last night I'll admit but I remain adamant that some of your arguments are based on wilfully misconstruing and/or ignoring the content of my posts - my statement about starting over was clearly qualified as to not suggest we should ignore everything but you suggested that was my intent anyway, what else should I call that? I'd also like to hear a reason why scum would defend scum in that situation with regards to AFP's behaviour, it unnecessarily establishes a relationship between us when I was under literally no pressure, it doesn't make sense nor does running the risk of town not dying by baiting them to post just to look towny.

Rarity posted:

Any reason for this?

Mods you should probably PM ernie he hasn't posted since the 19th and I doubt he realises he's still even in the game at this point.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Ok I am willing to accept that maybe you genuinely were annoyed at my post, I just found it odd that you would be upset over my post when most of the other players weren't really putting any effort into playing the game regardless of their post count. It just looks fishy to me since I know that I am town. What do you think of YPM's attempted vote on me?

Also I am still waiting to hear from Opop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Propaganda Machine posted:

wow. and you thought i was lazy.

##vote PMach :henget:

• Locked thread