Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OK Quid, I feel better about you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Then why are you still voting me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Then why are you still voting me

Because I haven't decided where to put my vote yet. Relax, enjoy the fact that someone still cares enough to vote you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Vote QPQ, I make a good case.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote QPQ I suppose. I wish I had something better, only other person who jumps off the page for me is Token Female, but there isn't a whole lot to go on with her.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll vote to avoid a no lynch. I think he will flip town. ##vote QPQ

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm going to sleep.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: This game will be better without QuoProQuid!

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
The Resistance was stunned by the events of the previous day. Discussion began cautiously.

It didn't make sense for the terminator drone labelled Magnus Gallant to be eliminated. Until an explanation was presented.

Reports came in that merk base, DGK2000 base and Quidnose base had all recovered fuel canisters today.

The mysterious unidentified transmission yielded a clear, unambiguous message: "QuoProQuid is not town."

Many were willing to believe the message. Maybe because it gave them something to believe in or maybe to save their own lives for another day.

Other names were offered but the transmission proved compelling by it's mystery.

QuoProQuid, led by General Ashdown, [Resistance-Aligned Human Hammerer] was killed by airstrike.

You have 24 hours to PM your night actions

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Many apologies for the delay. I didn't have time to get things sorted before the weekend and thought I might as well wait until after weekend.

DAY THREE

FUEL IN THE FIELD

Dawn rose once more and the news came in immediately: the Skynet had destroyed another human enclave.

The mysterious transmission had been proven to be incorrect too. Was it another stray Skynet tramission or was it something else? Confusion was rife and the Resistance only knew one thing for sure: Skynet's drones were tightening their cordon.

Byers2142 [Resistance-Aligned Human Gunsmith] was terminated on Night 2.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

##forage

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##forage

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Sorry for not giving BOMBs to Byers. I thought that would be too obvious and tried to WIFOM the Scum by giving them to someone else (who, I will not say of course).

No need to give me fuel again today, since I'm keeping the one I just foraged.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Although actually, he's flipped with the same rolename as me and seemed pretty convinced by my claim, so maybe his role is identical, in which case he had BOMBs to begin with and just didn't get lucky.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (13): bowmore, CapnAndy, DGK2000, Hal Incandenza, JakeP, Juanito, merk, Mikujin, Quidnose, Rarity, tearshed, Token Female, xopods

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Since he didn't get lucky, that probably means the Scum now know how the mechanic works (kilran said that the victim of the BOMB gets the same results PM as the person who had the BOMB). So there's no reason to keep it secret any longer.

It's simply that when the Scum try to kill someone who has BOMBs, there's a 25% chance only the target dies (i.e. no effect, what appears to have happened for Byers), a 25% chance only the killer dies (what happened with me and Mags) and a 50% chance both die.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
That's a cool role.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Kinda brutal for the Scum though, especially with two of us, which makes me a bit :tinfoil: about what we might be up against.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We should vote the person I was advocating yesterday.

##vote DGK

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

merk posted:

We should vote the person I was advocating yesterday.

##vote DGK

Funny, my investigation says you're scum.

##vote Merk

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

List of investigations?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

DGK2000 posted:

Funny, my investigation says you're scum.

##vote Merk
Are you cop claiming? Because that'd be great, I'm doing a terrible job this game and would like the thinking taken away from me.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Quidnose posted:

List of investigations?

Merk, as I had no fuel the night before.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

Merk, as I had no fuel the night before.

Also, someone stole fuel from me and someone else sent me one.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote merk I believe in DGK

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm Town. May as well make this quick so I can unbookmark the game though. ##vote merk

I sent my fuel to xopods for what it's worth.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That doesn't really jive with this.

xopods posted:

No need to give me fuel again today, since I'm keeping the one I just foraged.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm getting lynched. It's what I did. You'll know I'm telling the truth when I flip Town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't like any of the reactions to this.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Quidnose posted:

That doesn't really jive with this.
I don't see it, can you explain?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods can you confirm any of this?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also, someone, maybe the scum team I don't know, is hunting John Connor. I'm Kyle Reese.

That's about all I have to say. Good luck.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

Also, someone, maybe the scum team I don't know, is hunting John Connor. I'm Kyle Reese.

That's about all I have to say. Good luck.

Any counter?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
No. I'm Vanilla Town. You are either scum or have a bad investigation. Either way, I'm getting lynched and the game gets to deal with that fallout tomorrow. There's no point in even trying to fight the lynch today; it's a foregone conclusion.

Just end the day.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

No. I'm Vanilla Town. You are either scum or have a bad investigation. Either way, I'm getting lynched and the game gets to deal with that fallout tomorrow. There's no point in even trying to fight the lynch today; it's a foregone conclusion.

Just end the day.

If you're Kyle Reese, it's a bad investigation.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

##unvote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, you can't do that without a full claim. You're hunting John Connor, aren't you? ##unvote

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

Ok, you can't do that without a full claim. You're hunting John Connor, aren't you? ##unvote

Nope, I have literally the same role you do except I'm a cop.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

Nope, I have literally the same role you do except I'm a cop.
"I'm vanilla town except I'm a cop", what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

"I'm vanilla town except I'm a cop", what?

His role isn't entirely vanilla.

• Locked thread