Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

soscannonballs posted:

Ok I am willing to accept that maybe you genuinely were annoyed at my post, I just found it odd that you would be upset over my post when most of the other players weren't really putting any effort into playing the game regardless of their post count. It just looks fishy to me since I know that I am town. What do you think of YPM's attempted vote on me?

Also I am still waiting to hear from Opop.

Why are you refusing to confront me about my vote on you and are trying to get other's people's opinions instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hear from me about what?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Your Personal Muse posted:

Why are you refusing to confront me about my vote on you and are trying to get other's people's opinions instead

Your vote on me is terrible but I want to hear Punt's opinion on it because getting a player who you think is scummy to give an opinion of another player you think is scummy is helpful in evaluating reads. You haven't posted a single opinion of substance in this game yet unless you were serious in your case on Yuming early on, but if you have some words on why you think I am scum I would love to hear them.

Opop I wanted to know if you had any reads and you said you didn't know who was in the game, so I posted the player list for you but you never gave any reads.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
What is happening in this game.

I promise I'll pay attention now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

soscannonballs posted:

Your vote on me is terrible but I want to hear Punt's opinion on it because getting a player who you think is scummy to give an opinion of another player you think is scummy is helpful in evaluating reads. You haven't posted a single opinion of substance in this game yet unless you were serious in your case on Yuming early on, but if you have some words on why you think I am scum I would love to hear them.

Opop I wanted to know if you had any reads and you said you didn't know who was in the game, so I posted the player list for you but you never gave any reads.

Oh I thought your being flippant. Yeah I got nothing. YPM probably, he's a shady character

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'm voting you because almost all everything you have put out has been weird and doesn't fit. You are that weird guy at the party who dances at the wrong time and says things that are tangentially related to the topic at hand by using stock phrase from movies. It's certainly a gut case, but why not, no one has anything else in this goddamn game.

soscannonballs posted:

I doubt I will get 25 posts, this game is just too overwhelming. Its funny to read all the fanfic stuff but I don't really have any good reads or anything so I will just ##vote Poque.

This is probably the quote that personifies what I'm talking about. It seems like your wrote this post just so you could fit in with everyone. There is no mafia theory behind this case that usually drives my posting, but I think it's off enough to pursue.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I wrote that post because I felt it would be rude to just get modkilled in a game without saying anything. I had been following the thread but I was too overwhelmed and frustrated at all the silliness going on to feel like I could contribute anything, but I didn't want to leave the impression that I was a flakey player because I would like to play in future mafia games and don't want to have a reputation of just dropping out of games without saying anything. I voted Poque because I was annoyed at the guy who made 400+ posts that were variations of "I'm scum" and "Kill me."

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

soscannonballs posted:

I wrote that post because I felt it would be rude to just get modkilled in a game without saying anything. I had been following the thread but I was too overwhelmed and frustrated at all the silliness going on to feel like I could contribute anything, but I didn't want to leave the impression that I was a flakey player because I would like to play in future mafia games and don't want to have a reputation of just dropping out of games without saying anything. I voted Poque because I was annoyed at the guy who made 400+ posts that were variations of "I'm scum" and "Kill me."

This post feels genuine to me. A stupid opinion because Poque was hilarious, but I believe a real one. I'm getting a townie feel from this guy.

I'm getting a bad feeling about Rarity, like she's half way between joking and being serious.

##vote Rarity

Gut read is all I got right now. Maybe I'll read more later.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

soscannonballs posted:

You're clearly just an awkward dude

##unvote

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

Also does anyone outside of Hal/me watch project runway because I wanna hear some hot takes

I've watched most of the previous seasons, but haven't been watching this season. I stopped watching during the teams season because that poo poo was terrible.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
PoP, as long as the winner can make sleeves it'll be improvements over SOME other winners.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

soscannonballs posted:

Ok I am willing to accept that maybe you genuinely were annoyed at my post, I just found it odd that you would be upset over my post when most of the other players weren't really putting any effort into playing the game regardless of their post count. It just looks fishy to me since I know that I am town. What do you think of YPM's attempted vote on me?

He didn't really explain (at the time that is, he has now) his votes so I didn't think much of them if I'm honest but since they were in agreement with my desire to have you lynched I didn't really scrutinise them, not that there's much to scrutinise. He's now explained it though and it's a bit vague but that's in keeping with it being an apparent gut vote I guess though I'm not sure I understand what he means about mafia theory.

In general I'm a bit iffy on YPM to be honest, I found his attempt at role-fishing suspicious and this in retrospect reflects poorly on his given Diqnol's scum flip:

Diqnol is my sixth best bud, I wouldn't want to lynch him anyway
But it's hardly convincing and possibly just an unfortunate co-incidence. He's on my list of possible scum but hasn't actually done anything to make me want to vote him yet.

Rarity posted:

##vote PMach :henget:

Rarity I'm gonna claim to you: I'm a cop, how does this make you feel?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Mafia theory is a reference to the fact that there are certain things that are traits of scum and not town and I only look at those things without much variance. I believe Ernie described it as clinical. I was referencing that the case on sos was not clinical.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Are you allowed to share your investigations with us?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Mafia theory is a reference to the fact that there are certain things that are traits of scum and not town and I only look at those things without much variance. I believe Ernie described it as clinical. I was referencing that the case on sos was not clinical.

Ah ok. Can you share what you think are the traits?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

soscannonballs posted:

Are you allowed to share your investigations with us?

It's a joke about a past game in which she was scum vig, fake-claimed cop and shot the real one when they counter-claimed her.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

This post feels genuine to me. A stupid opinion because Poque was hilarious, but I believe a real one. I'm getting a townie feel from this guy.

I'm getting a bad feeling about Rarity, like she's half way between joking and being serious.

##vote Rarity

Gut read is all I got right now. Maybe I'll read more later.

##vote rarity

just so we're clear, this isn't omgus. this is agreeing that rarity has been behaving very strangely what with the d1 claim and now all the contentless posting and henget votes. far be it from me to criticize jokeposting, but i think we're finally getting away from that, and i'm not really seeing anything except jokeposts from her.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

I've watched most of the previous seasons, but haven't been watching this season. I stopped watching during the teams season because that poo poo was terrible.

this season is up and down. the producer interference is worse than ever, but we're actually seeing some good tailoring and creative ideas.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Puntification posted:

Ah ok. Can you share what you think are the traits?

There are like a million. The biggest one I guess is a heightened priority toward survival. It's much more important for scum to survive than it is for town, although this trait gets more and more hidden the more experienced the scum is.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey jerks in the other thread, if you had played AssCreed you would be so good at that game!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What is rear end Creed, Asiina?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tehey have Um Labalaba in tht game?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
They have a similar game as a minigame.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

All I know is, now Adus and MMM know what it feels like to be in The Genius.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Puntification posted:

It's a joke about a past game in which she was scum vig, fake-claimed cop and shot the real one when they counter-claimed her.

I really didn't get that and was about to call you a huge idiot.

Asiina posted:

:smugmrgw:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

Also sorry Asiina, but if you wanted to DEATH MATCH you should have been in this thread

Son, don't talk to me about death matches. I make the death matches!

FL stole the template for his rules post from me!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Should have just run Black and White IMO

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Had to go original.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Of course, though, I stole everything from you. You have to admit however... it's a cool game!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I regret not being in the death match. I wish I was dad!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

wikipedia says this game takes "<1 hour" so i don't know how much time posting game boards in code tags adds but i thought it would be over by now.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Opop should I move to calgary

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

wikipedia says this game takes "<1 hour" so i don't know how much time posting game boards in code tags adds but i thought it would be over by now.

Honestly, always add time to everything when doing it forum wise. Mancala, for example, takes like 5 minutes when playing in real life but it took hours in death match form.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah it's pretty good. I mean I'm moving away in a month but I'd stay if it weren't for my family stuff and the severe cold. If you're working indoors it's cool

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Honestly, always add time to everything when doing it forum wise. Mancala, for example, takes like 5 minutes when playing in real life but it took hours in death match form.

mancala pros take whole days to contemplate their moves

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll run a death match if the mods give me another vig.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tbh though Asii I played that personality test game first hand and the online portion of it, you know, like posting code tags with my entry etc., seemed pretty meaningless... if it was irl I thought times would be the same. Therefore I didn't count on being online adding too much time. I guess it may have added time in this case, but maybe the players are just slow? I do not know.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Yeah it's pretty good. I mean I'm moving away in a month but I'd stay if it weren't for my family stuff and the severe cold. If you're working indoors it's cool

noted, thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

Tbh though Asii I played that personality test game first hand and the online portion of it, you know, like posting code tags with my entry etc., seemed pretty meaningless... if it was irl I thought times would be the same. Therefore I didn't count on being online adding too much time. I guess it may have added time in this case, but maybe the players are just slow? I do not know.

Yeah personality test can be pretty fast, however there's also a very set limit of moves. At most it can take 16 turns, and often quite a few less. Mancala and Black and White are both limited in how long they can possibly take. I don't know if there's a maximum for this.

The only one I've run so far that can go on for who knows how long is Snakes and Ladders and the getting rid of a snake/ladder after it's been used is to combat that.

• Locked thread