Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Did they buff that guy like a lot or something? He's wasn't that big a deal back when I played, and it's not like Woolie wants to buy his pyromancies. I don't understand the big panic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Not having played it myself or read about it someone please please tell me that i'm wrong about thinking that Kenny and Luke are the only ones who survived so they can keep fighting till (next) doomsday.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Commissar Ken posted:

Not having played it myself or read about it someone please please tell me that i'm wrong about thinking that Kenny and Luke are the only ones who survived so they can keep fighting till (next) doomsday.

TWD S2 EP 5 Spoiler

Everyone survived, except the russians who aren't Arvo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Commissar Ken posted:

Kenny is so dead.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Beef Waifu posted:

TWD S2 EP 5 Spoiler

Everyone survived, except the russians who aren't Arvo.

Hahah, so much for that.

Tae posted:

Kenny is so dead.

I hope he stays alive and shows up to every Walking Dead game like halfway through just to keep tormenting Matt and Pat with visions of Walking Dead past.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Al-Saqr posted:

I literally slapped my forehead in shame and disbelief at the utterly, stupidly self defeating move woolie made during the latest episode of dark souls 2, wow woolie, as if the game literally yelling at you to not do something if you knew what's good for you wasn't enough.

He did it on purpose so he could fight him, and he wasn't selling anything that he cared about. Slow your roll.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I haven't seen any of the Season 2 LP yet (just finished S2E4 myself) but to me the whole Kenny situation seems like kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. They were kinda wishy-washy in the beginning of S1 and kept trying to be the "good" guy, despite the game pretty much telling them that poo poo ain't gonna fly. The obvious example being saving Larry despite him being a massive unlikeable shitlord who for all Matt knew in the moment was about to turn. This makes Kenny hate them, which makes him act like a dick, which makes them hate Kenny, which makes them act like dicks toward him, which makes Kenny hate them, and so on. I'm not saying they played it wrong, or they're idiots and how dare they talk poo poo on my BFF Kenny but I almost started to think they were putting on an act (which is a dumb thing to think considering who we're talking about, I know) because it got so over the top at certain points. Every little thing he did elicited a "gently caress you Kenny," regardless of whether or not he actually deserved it, and he deserves it plenty in their playthrough. I actually would have been interested to see Matt do the opposite of Pat so he could see the differences and comment on them, regardless of which one was the one to kill Larry.

Also, at least Kenny has the potential to be your pal and help you out. There's zero chance of Ben not loving everything up all the time.

The youtube comment abuse is just stupid and not even worth talking about really.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm so glad they released Navlaan. He's like my favourite thing in the entire game.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I didn't really care about the kenny hatred up up till they didn't let him hold the baby. That's a bit petty.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I didn't really care about the kenny hatred up up till they didn't let him hold the baby. That's a bit petty.

How will that non-existent person handle that?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
It's almost as if they saw the comments and then rerecorded the episodes to double down on the anti-Kenny trolling. It's awesome.

ooooh maaaaaaaan haha they actually left the baby people are so salt over it in the comments.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 28, 2014

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I already knew Pat was a sociopath but their elation over the dead mother was a bit much

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
In case people have forgotten who Matt and Pat are, here's a clip from three years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ8w9g17Y0s&t=465s

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Let's not forget about this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD9ZD6G5giY&t=9m42s

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Andrast posted:

I'm so glad they released Navlaan. He's like my favourite thing in the entire game.

He was basically my Dark Souls Team Rocket. I'd be finishing up some tough area and feeling pretty good about myself or be running some errand and Navlaan would invade and I'm all "Oh goddamn it, Navlaan, I'm loving busy" and have to spend like 5 minutes beating the poo poo out of him.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Al-Saqr posted:

It's almost as if they saw the comments and then rerecorded the episodes to double down on the anti-Kenny trolling. It's awesome.

ooooh maaaaaaaan haha they actually left the baby people are so salt over it in the comments.

I love it

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
:lol: at the end of the latest Fisticuffs. Gary Goodridge needs to be nerfed.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Can someone explain why all this Confederate era Pat art is showing up on the Best Friends Reddit page? I know it has something to do with the Walking Dead playthrough but I want to know the specifics.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Sad Mammal posted:

In case people have forgotten who Matt and Pat are, here's a clip from three years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ8w9g17Y0s&t=465s

I just watched this and this is amazing. Is the full playthrough like this?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Can someone explain why all this Confederate era Pat art is showing up on the Best Friends Reddit page? I know it has something to do with the Walking Dead playthrough but I want to know the specifics.

It's because they actually told a joke a couple of Walking Dead episodes ago so people are naturally clinging to it in the midst of the Kenny hate-boner storm

Matt basically suggested that Pat was sad because the south lost the civil war

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Perfect Potato posted:

It's because they actually told a joke a couple of Walking Dead episodes ago so people are naturally clinging to it in the midst of the Kenny hate-boner storm

Matt basically suggested that Pat was sad because the south lost the civil war

More specifically, when they're in the Civil War museum Pat goes "aww, now I'm sad" (because Lee was a History teacher and would've liked the place) and Matt instantly went with "because the South lost the war?". They did joke about fanart with him as a Confederate apologist, so Reddit's just following the lead.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I wonder how much do they teach about American wars in canadian schools?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Tae posted:

I wonder how much do they teach about American wars in canadian schools?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Silentman0 posted:

He did it on purpose so he could fight him, and he wasn't selling anything that he cared about. Slow your roll.

Wait no they ran past the first Navlaan invasion, nevermind.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Woolie is so dead when they get to the DLC, especially because he's been relying on the poise damage from the Greatsword to cover his weakness and the Sunken minions have essentially infinite.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tae posted:

Woolie is so dead when they get to the DLC, especially because he's been relying on the poise damage from the Greatsword to cover his weakness and the Sunken minions have essentially infinite.

As someone who just went through it he should be fine if he just gets a bit more aggressive while also getting a lot smarter on stamina management and rolling.

So yeah, he's hosed.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Tae posted:

quote:

As someone who just went through it he should be fine if he just gets a bit more aggressive while also getting a lot smarter on stamina management and rolling.

So yeah, he's hosed.

I don't know, I don't think I can begrudge anyone having some issues in Dark Souls 2 after Jeff Green completely imploded at the very start of it. I mean he beat loving Dark Souls 1, how the hell is No-man Wharf's some impossible challenge for him??? That was the most baffling thing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can easily see how people that beat DS1 struggle with DS2, because the former gets to be auto-pilot when you find Havel's gear and tank through with 20 Estus.

DS2 stresses far more than being able to manage stamina and learning to roll since the game heavily punishes you for being a tank. It's also far more combat heavy compared to DS1 which might as well be more of a exploration game, especially because you can't increase stamina at a high level in DS2.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Perfect Potato posted:

I don't know, I don't think I can begrudge anyone having some issues in Dark Souls 2 after Jeff Green completely imploded at the very start of it. I mean he beat loving Dark Souls 1, how the hell is No-man Wharf's some impossible challenge for him??? That was the most baffling thing.

Jeff Green didn't beat Dark Souls 1 he survived it against all odds.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Charles Martel posted:

I just watched this and this is amazing. Is the full playthrough like this?

Pretty much, yeah. The entire Sadness Trilogy is like that.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Sorry for the double-post, but I haven't seen this in the thread, but leaks from the website!

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/series/shitstorm-3-shittribution/

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

Pretty much, yeah. The entire Sadness Trilogy is like that.

Yeah. Beyond: Two Souls is easily my favorite Super Best Friends production in terms of pure humor - Beyond alternates between being shoved up its own rear end, making Ellen Page feel really uncomfortable, and being relentlessly silly. Prime LP material, and the combo of Matt, Patt, and Woolie bring great chemistry to it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Sorry for the double-post, but I haven't seen this in the thread, but leaks from the website!

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/series/shitstorm-3-shittribution/

I think the deleted it.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I think the deleted it.

Well, name confirmed at least, I dunno.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

Well, name confirmed at least, I dunno.

They could always rename it to the "Kennystorm". There's still time.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Andrast posted:

How will that non-existent person handle that?

Heh.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I had no idea Navlaan had all those mechanics. I ran into him while hollow and I just obeyed the dev messages so I never went near the lever.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 29, 2014

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
I understand the Kenny hate after the most recent episode of the TWD LP. gently caress that guy

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I love that every time Matt and Pat start giving Kenny credit for doing something right, like a minute later Kenny does something insane again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It makes you think they read ahead on the episodes because every single justified Kenny hate is in the last episode, where he just goes full psychopath rear end in a top hat (even though I'm told everyone hates Arvo more).