Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Giving away Genius secrets ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

RIP Meinberg.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's okay, he's gone to a better place. The viewer's vista.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

poo poo is going down in the other thread btw.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Btw I have a date on Friday so I need to die Tuesday or not be in the death match on Friday. Pass it along.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Fast Luck since Nexal is dead will you be my new Genius love line?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't control that poo poo, talk to your fellow competitors.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Fast Luck posted:

Btw I have a date on Friday so I need to die Tuesday or not be in the death match on Friday. Pass it along.

oh my god the same thing happened to me last friday, fast luck our love line is destined

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Asiina posted:

I don't control that poo poo, talk to your fellow competitors.
They're reading this. Sup Capps... ;)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey, hey, no alliance making while the thread is closed you nerds.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Asiina make sure the viewers vista gets this I want to be on the Special Features section of Awful Genius Season 1 DVD

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Hey, hey, no alliance making while the thread is closed you nerds.

Alliances =/= Love Lines

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am excited for tomorrow's game. I have no doubt you'll all break it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway, I here there's a mafia game in here.

Let's kill Rarity the scum so she'll have more time to spend co-modding genius game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My quest for screen time is never ending.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
MMM why did you throw?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I wish this thread was more interesting so I didn't have to talk to the other thread all the time.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The other thread is way better. Too bad I have to kill one of the Other Thread MVPs.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Aww, thanks MMM.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Everyone cool is over there, so why didn't I get out there too

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Magnus Gallant posted:

I totally almost killed diqnol but something held me back

Yeah, sorry for casing you on that.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Your argument requires
-me to want to save Poque despite him wanting to die
-me and Poque to be scumbros both before and after the alignment change
(-or both Poque and dhd lying about the alignment change)
-me taking the risk of drawing attention to myself by using thunderdome specifically to save Poque knowing that he'd eventually flip scum

When the alternative would have been to do nothing?

Yes, and when Asiina brought up some of the same points I admitted that there were holes I hadn't considered.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

Christ, do I actually have to defend myself, I thought that case was self-evidently silly

Because its entire lynchpin was that I've been paying attention at all

It's kinda hard to accept a defense of ignorance in a 73 page (at the time of this post) game, even this one. Especially when the case was that you treated me and Poque differently, and the defense would suggest you had no idea of anything Poque was saying. Look at the Post Counts, Poque and I are first and second respectively; if you know anything about anyone in this game, it should probably be us two just from sheer volume.

Puntification posted:

The OP doesn't specify what sort of lynch we are using maybe majority at the deadline got poque lynched? (mods feel free to clarify this). If true poque flipped goon so she should be without any abilities no?

CapnAndy is right that byer's case requires us to believe that he was following the game, which is flawed reasoning on a narrative-heavy case he did two things and byers tells us a story why, pretty weak.

I think we should play this as d1 of a new game more or less, I'm not saying every argument I've seen from people so far is dumb as gently caress but this sentence implies it.

I don't like anything about this post. Reseting the game is something scum would want to do, not town. Andy and Punt are both using the mature of the game to try and excuse Andy's actions, which is a blanket defense that could conceivably be used to excuse any action taken up until Saturday. I reject the idea that there isn't valuable information in the game up until the thread split, or that we should excuse prior play due to not paying attention. Lurking, maybe, but I'm pointing out something specific in Andy's post history.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

i have a weird role that seemingly allows me to post in both threads. Did i touch a nerve with my lazy case on Pmach?

Hey, why didn't I get a prize for writing Chapter 1? The PM said I got something good if I did it, something bad if I didn't.

uranus posted:

i dont trust vampoires. kill buyers

Why wouldn't you vote me here?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

Remember the other half of my power is I hide the role of the person who was lynched. Poque's role flipped.

Just role, or alignment as well?

Rarity posted:

Guys, why did you all leave as soon as I show up?

It's university all over again.

:smith:

Saturday night is drink-y time. Sunday is recovery.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

I wish this thread was more interesting so I didn't have to talk to the other thread all the time.

:smith:

Asiina posted:

Anyway, I here there's a mafia game in here.

Let's kill Rarity the scum so she'll have more time to spend co-modding genius game.

I'd vote Rarity, but I feel Andy and Punt more. They're scummy in my eyes for actual content in their history, Rarity is scummy due to a lack of usual content, if that makes sense.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

It's kinda hard to accept a defense of ignorance in a 73 page (at the time of this post) game, even this one. Especially when the case was that you treated me and Poque differently, and the defense would suggest you had no idea of anything Poque was saying. Look at the Post Counts, Poque and I are first and second respectively; if you know anything about anyone in this game, it should probably be us two just from sheer volume.

I don't like anything about this post. Reseting the game is something scum would want to do, not town. Andy and Punt are both using the mature of the game to try and excuse Andy's actions, which is a blanket defense that could conceivably be used to excuse any action taken up until Saturday. I reject the idea that there isn't valuable information in the game up until the thread split, or that we should excuse prior play due to not paying attention. Lurking, maybe, but I'm pointing out something specific in Andy's post history.

I want people to care about the game if "resetting" it could achieve that then it's worth suggesting it; I think merk's given up, ernie's AWOL, rarity's emoti-posting, capps says he's barely read the game, opop says he's got nothing, YPM says he has no clue what is happening, asiina is openly pining to be in the other thread... People are jumping on my suggestion because of the "scummy" implication but if there really is useful information in the 73 pages preceding us it doesn't seem like anyone's motivated enough to find it and I'd rather risk appearing scummy to make a change in a game that I feel is stalling than do nothing. The fact that people have jumped on it also runs against your point you're calling me scummy based on post-schism content.

The defence of Andy is tangential to my opinion your case was weak, you point out two things and talk about what it "means" but you can't actually demonstrate your opinions as fact so it's pure speculation and it's de-contextualised from the facts that second time around people will have less patience for someone scum-claiming when the first person to do it actually flipped scum and when dealing with a smaller group size it's less intimidating to speak your mind/follow the thread. Also you talk about the sheer volume of posts as a reason to have been paying attention to poque, I think it could equally be a reason to have started ignoring his posts.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Puntification posted:

I want people to care about the game if "resetting" it could achieve that then it's worth suggesting it; I think merk's given up, ernie's AWOL, rarity's emoti-posting, capps says he's barely read the game, opop says he's got nothing, YPM says he has no clue what is happening, asiina is openly pining to be in the other thread... People are jumping on my suggestion because of the "scummy" implication but if there really is useful information in the 73 pages preceding us it doesn't seem like anyone's motivated enough to find it and I'd rather risk appearing scummy to make a change in a game that I feel is stalling than do nothing. The fact that people have jumped on it also runs against your point you're calling me scummy based on post-schism content.

The defence of Andy is tangential to my opinion your case was weak, you point out two things and talk about what it "means" but you can't actually demonstrate your opinions as fact so it's pure speculation and it's de-contextualised from the facts that second time around people will have less patience for someone scum-claiming when the first person to do it actually flipped scum and when dealing with a smaller group size it's less intimidating to speak your mind/follow the thread. Also you talk about the sheer volume of posts as a reason to have been paying attention to poque, I think it could equally be a reason to have started ignoring his posts.

Started ignoring implies he wasn't at first, and Poque was literally scumclaiming and self-voting from the beginning. You're defending Andy by saying things are "facts" that aren't; the fact is that Andy ignored Poque's claiming and self-votes and immediately voted for me when I did the same thing. There's a difference in approach between those two things, and the reason behind it will always be speculative. Your reasons are speculative, my reasons are speculative, the point is to make the best interpretation you can and present that to the thread. I've done so, you're trying to undermine that by labeling my case speculation and the defense as totally factual.

As for the first paragraph, I've read it twice and I literally don't know what you're trying to say at the end of it. It seems like you're saying you didn't really believe we should ignore the rest of the game, but made the suggestion to get the town moving. You made a similar statement when you pushed sos early in the game, that it was just to force content or change. I let the sos comment go because I could see that as a town move; I do not see how your suggestion is a town move, as it allows scum to excuse anything scummy they've done since the game started.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Byers2142 posted:

As for the first paragraph, I've read it twice and I literally don't know what you're trying to say at the end of it. It seems like you're saying you didn't really believe we should ignore the rest of the game, but made the suggestion to get the town moving. You made a similar statement when you pushed sos early in the game, that it was just to force content or change. I let the sos comment go because I could see that as a town move; I do not see how your suggestion is a town move, as it allows scum to excuse anything scummy they've done since the game started.

This thread has a lot of baggage and not a lot of useful content, if having a fresh start would motivate players to be active it was worth suggesting, but not only was it a suggestion, it was qualified as to not actually suggest I thought people had to ignore things they didn't want to.

Byers2142 posted:

Started ignoring implies he wasn't at first, and Poque was literally scumclaiming and self-voting from the beginning. You're defending Andy by saying things are "facts" that aren't; the fact is that Andy ignored Poque's claiming and self-votes and immediately voted for me when I did the same thing. There's a difference in approach between those two things, and the reason behind it will always be speculative. Your reasons are speculative, my reasons are speculative, the point is to make the best interpretation you can and present that to the thread. I've done so, you're trying to undermine that by labeling my case speculation and the defense as totally factual.

That's a fair point, they are how I feel about the situations and so are factual from my perspective but it is misleading of me to have portrayed it that way. Andy's relative activity within the thread pre and post-schism does make me think that your argument is reaching for meaning on something that could be mere coincidence, to be clear I'm not actually calling him town I just don't find the argument convincing.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
it would be cool to have a link in the op to the post where the other thread got split off.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can we please get a votecount? I don't even know if I can vote.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I need a votecount posted from votefinder so I know that the mods had an opportunity to alter it if I can't vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I get Punt's frustration at the lack of content and doing whatever he can to get people involved. He seems to be really against lurkers who are fine being lurkers, which annoys me too. You know that you aren't going to make the cutoff and apparently are okay with that? gently caress that. Why would scum care so much to try to get the thread moving when there is such apathy to coast off of?

I don't really understand the case against Andy. He treated Poque and Byers scum claims differently is what I gather the crux of it is. Let me re-read Andy and see if I see it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi MMM, doing fine.

Catching up on all my threads since I woke up pretty late.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hi, whats up. has anyone even read the other thread

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm always excited (and nervous). This one I'm particularly excited for though since it was one of the ones I struggled with for a long time and I think it's in good shape now. They'll probably still break it, but that's alright.

Also free time is for nerds. All the cool kids spend every evening playing internet forum games.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

hi, whats up. has anyone even read the other thread

I'm reading the other thread. MMM is going to die by vig tomorrow for losing a death match and fv just made a pretty great case on yuming.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
sounds more interesting than this one

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay I re-read Andy. It didn't take much because he posted almost nothing and what little he did post is both useless and infuriating.

He did vote Poque right at the beginning of D1

CapnAndy posted:

Let's find out?

##vote poque

Then the only posts he makes between then and the thread splitting are posts saying he hasn't been reading the thread and has no intention to.

CapnAndy posted:

Jesus Christ I cannot keep up with over 200 new posts every time I check this thread

CapnAndy posted:

Are we at any point gonna play mafia I'm just checking

CapnAndy posted:

Okay I'm posting, has anything of value happened because I'm not reading all the bullshit I skipped, I was skipping it for a reason

And having no issues with being modkilled

CapnAndy posted:

Have I really because that's cool if so, but I don't see a TT/Hurt post about it.

And this bullshit post which makes me mad at him. Don't loving sign up if you aren't going to play. That is a lovely rear end thing to do and I wish you were modkilled for it and not allowed to play again.

CapnAndy posted:

Hey I was happy just lurking, I didn't make me post

Then the thread gets split and he actually starts participating.

CapnAndy posted:

Okay this seems a bit more interesting! Let's play mafia :)

At which point he votes for Byers and wants me to use my vig on Byers.

CapnAndy posted:

I don't really "get" this game, Byers are you really scumclaiming

CapnAndy posted:

##vote byers because he's scum? I guess?

CapnAndy posted:

Please shoot byers

And that's pretty much it, other than calling Byer's case stupid.

Let me put my thoughts in another post, this is gonna be long with all the quotes.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

MildManeredManikin posted:

Asiina have you considered that PMach is scum?

Pmach has not posted an actual thought this whole game, wow.

##vote pm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Pmach has not posted an actual thought this whole game, wow.

##vote pm

You might want to redo that vote, since right now it's for you.

Asiina, I'm letting you finish your thoughts so that I'm not responding in error to where I think you're going.

• Locked thread