Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Fast Luck posted:

What did you get for your hurt/taste drawing?

Did i destroy that prize with my fake crash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBB2bPwKWVg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I got a few things and then got to distribute them without knowing what they were. Asiina got the vig apparently.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

Aww, thanks MMM.
I'd rather have the vig tbh.

But hey at least you hit scum in a weird indirect way.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

MildManeredManikin posted:

Sorry if I'm posting a lot but this is my last day alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bosouX_d8Y

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Ok, these are my points about yuming being scum in a little more detail.

First, she often tries to push discussion and votes away from Poque

yuming posted:

Poque is a jester or something why are people voting for Poque.

Hmmm.

yuming posted:

But Poque is a dead end and really should be ignored imo.

And then after Poque is lynched she dismisses it as not likely to have information to discuss.

yuming posted:

At least we have an interesting flip but I don't know how much real info is there. I didn't want to vote for Poque because I thought he was an annoying jester.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Secondly, she is trying to look like she is involved in scum hunting, but isn't really.

yuming posted:

This day is not going to bring much useful discussion. I propose a turbo thunderdome. ##vote JakeP

yuming posted:

I am like 30 pages behind and about to go to sleep. I skimmed some of merk's attempts to stir discussion but I don't have anything to add yet.

yuming posted:

I read and honestly there is nothing that stood out to me. Not enough people are actually playing which makes me not want to vote those who are.

In this instance she doesn't comment on Byers or Andy. Her next post is 24 hours later when she votes Jake.

yuming posted:

I am going to look at Byers and Andy based on cases I've seen.

Let me know if you want me to look elsewhere. I'll be around tomorrow afternoon.

And this is at the start of D3

yuming posted:

I'm going to go back and see if anyone's reaction to daystart/his claim of changing alignment that looks fake. There is a lot of noise to hide in here though so i d k.

yuming posted:

I did not find the awkwardness I was looking for.

Except maybe Magnus. idk.

Good night sweet game see you in the morning.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lastly, her opinion on players is either null or that they are town, she isn't actually making a case or calling anyone scum.

yuming posted:

That's how you think maybe, but not how everyone thinks.

It's a unique role, and I don't think PM's use speaks strongly to his alignment.

yuming posted:

I like this poster. Hi Kitiara :sun: Smaller games are much easier to follow.

I think she is a town!

yuming posted:

I don't think DHD is a scum.

yuming posted:

I get to this point in Byers' posting and his trajectory of opinion feels sincere to me.

I think Byers was legit trying to stir up discussion.

She has only voted for easy players like Jake.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Sorry I posted during death match. I was tired and wanted to go to bed but still make my opinion known.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

winvirus posted:

Sorry I posted during death match. I was tired and wanted to go to bed but still make my opinion known.

*shrug* didn't bother me. there's still a mafia game going on here i don't blame anyone for continuing to try and play it!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i will vote for blood.

##vote yuming

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

winvirus posted:

It didn't really matter to me either I was just goofing around

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey Asiina how are you?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Are you excited for tonight's genius game?

I'm glad I did not sign up because even though it looks a lot of fun I've been enjoying the free time.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The most enjoyable games to watch are the ones that are broken imo. If you're worried about giving out too many garnets just put garnet sinks down the road and players will dump entire fortunes into them.

Ah but Asiina now I have plenty of free time to play forum mafia!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina have you considered that PMach is scum?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Just to make it easier to read, I think you should quote the posts you are responding to from the other thread. Less so in this specific
case, but just a general idea.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey person in the other thread, I really like your case. It's pretty good, I thought the bit where went over the times they were posting and compared them to other posters was particularly convincing.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It's not pmom or Andy it's PMach you guys

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

That's reasonable Asiina, I was just trying to ignore him because he started doing that poo poo before he got his role pm

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Lol at you guys in the other thread if you thought this was a mafia game when you started.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Thanks Asiina.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I have been trying (intermittently) and have been unable to make reads based on a game a bit too ~wacky~

Trying and coming up with nothing special does not equal scum. Also I don't think that is a fair representation of my opinion on DHD-- I was torn about his actions.

That isn't really a fair representation of my posting in general, because I thought I made it quite clear I did look at things, but didn't feel strongly about them.

:|

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

yuming posted:

Trying and coming up with nothing special does not equal scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I have discovered that--

not being able to post at work makes it so you can't play mafia, really :sparkles:

It must be nice to have time to gently caress around, dear mafia players!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Power of Pecota posted:

Also the vote on yuming is because yuming though Poque, the guy who scumclaimed, was a jester. What the heck is that.
Poque's behavior D1 screamed jester and I didn't want him to win. I didn't catch the DHD thing until after Poque had flipped.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I thought it was obvious that Poque was alignment town and role "must claim scum" until N1 when DHD turned him into scum for real (while keeping the same role). I haven't been following along so maybe that was disproved but I am very amused that not a single person pointed this out as it was clearly the most likely possibility.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Most of the votes against me are indiscriminate for their lack of effort.

I recognize it is lovely to point out a player for trying-- but I am just working with the material I have here.

Adus posted:

you weren't asking me but since i'm gonna make a vote here's my thoughts

on admission did not read the thread very carefully, then wonders why people are voting for the guy who went 'i'm scum, vote for me' a bunch of times. it was one of the few minor attempts to keep attention off him after his 'alignment change'. a guy who ended up flipping scum.

other than that there's a lot of 'there's too much noise in the thread to follow anything' but still is quick to vote jake during thunderdome. immediately votes him the next day after he doesn't die, which isn't that fishy all things considered since i'm still wondering that myself, but it could just be making an 'easy' vote to hide behind. only has one post in this thread.

##vote yuming

we're still at a stage where no vote feels solid, but i feel better about this one than the one for f_v who just seems like a somewhat frustrated town really trying to get the ball rolling.
However, this does stand out to me as a Bad Vote because of the final line.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mills posted:

I thought it was obvious that Poque was alignment town and role "must claim scum" until N1 when DHD turned him into scum for real (while keeping the same role). I haven't been following along so maybe that was disproved but I am very amused that not a single person pointed this out as it was clearly the most likely possibility.
Mills are you alive again? :sparkles:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Sure.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Power of Pecota posted:

Fade was loving robbed, not that it really matters because Kini's dumping all over everybody. Emily's gotten a pretty raw deal so far, I've really liked her. The judges all are way too crazy about fringe, the TIm Gunn save was wasted, Sandhya's style sucked and my roommate this summer was a huge fan of her and uggghh stuff like that first week challenge + the future challenge were so bad but still won. Kini/Sean/Korina are probably gonna be finalists.
Korina is mean and I hope Sean wins.

The color changing dress was <3

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

How?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Don't ask 'Why?'; ask instead, 'Why not?'

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

I didn't get a response and so I still thought it was night and now I am mildly annoyed <:mad:>
Hey I guess I am close enough to dead so~

I am the cop. I absorbed the role of the first person to die at night (Big Nothing.)

I was annoyed I didn't even get a notification that my actions had failed, let alone that there was a new thread.

N2 I tried to investigate Andy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Oh.

I forgot something about my role.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ok, I'm done. This game is stupid and I'm not having fun.

People who haven't posted in 10 or 11 real life days are not being mod killed and the game has no momentum because people aren't posting and the days are too long.

Requesting a mod kill.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Shhhhh wait I have a daycop!

I'm reading to decide who to use it on!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Adus posted:

i'm still here, but i totally suck at scumhunting, sorry. like everytime i see someone make points i go 'oh i see, i never would have picked that out'

i'll say that the mods straight up lying to meinberg sounds super weird to me. like why would they allow him to ask questions only to lie about the answers? what purpose does that serve? i'd argue it's more likely that someone changed diqnol's alignment or meinberg himself is lying. the latter doesn't sound very likely because it would just put the target on him once he was discovered.
I'm still getting a new-scum feeling from Adus.

Perhaps I will daycop Adus :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I want to talk with Pecota about Project Runway pls don't kill me roleblock me instead tia!!

##daycop Adus

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
sure, doesn't bother me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I would have copped Pecota.

• Locked thread