Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Any way we can lynch CapnAndy, Juanito AND Token Female today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
You can do me today

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Juanito posted:

Your whole "solid case" (quoting Rarity) is based solely on a meta comment that I made. It was intended to be a dig at Magnus for screwing me over badly during a game years ago (there were hard feelings on my part).

And then I unvoted Quo based on xopod's reasoning. Wow, that's terribly scummy of me.

Or should I say "that's a solid case" (I'm quoting Rarity).

In conclusion, I voted Quo, with no regards to Magnus meta or otherwise. Then I unvoted after considering xopods. But you forgot to mention that in your summary, Token Female. Almost like you're halfassing your case.

1) It did seem like you were bitter, and still making a point about how MG plays as scum. This post indicated that MG defending QPQ would mean that QPQ was more likely to be town. Yet, you still voted for him. It didn't make sense. You can say that the whole thing was a bitter post, but you were making a point.

2) Yeah, you got exposed for your point/vote not making sense and then you backed off.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

xopods posted:

That was a lot of words spent OMGUSing CapnAndy only to vote Juanito.

I think Juanito is very likely to be scum. I think it's possible that Andy is just being :effort:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Token Female posted:

1) It did seem like you were bitter, and still making a point about how MG plays as scum. This post indicated that MG defending QPQ would mean that QPQ was more likely to be town. Yet, you still voted for him. It didn't make sense. You can say that the whole thing was a bitter post, but you were making a point.

2) Yeah, you got exposed for your point/vote not making sense and then you backed off.
I never "got exposed." Show me where I "got exposed."

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

xopods posted:

Any way we can lynch CapnAndy, Juanito AND Token Female today?

If this is possible, I'd be for it. I think we'd come out ahead.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Juanito posted:

I never "got exposed." Show me where I "got exposed."

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3664859&userid=47848#post435259625

It's were you realize that you can't get away with saying that, 'Let's listen to the voice, and see if it is to be trusted.'

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Token Female posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3664859&userid=47848#post435259625

It's were you realize that you can't get away with saying that, 'Let's listen to the voice, and see if it is to be trusted.'
Oh okay. For people who don't want to click on Token's link, this is where she considers that I got exposed

xopods posted:

I think there's considerably less reason to test an anonymous broadcaster Cop claim than an ITT Cop claim. The lack of accountability means that it's much more likely to be a fakeclaim (whether by Scum or just Town loving around/trying to get the lynch they want).

If we don't act on the voice for the time being, eventually either the broadcaster will flip due to lynch/NK or one of the people named by the voice will, whereupon we'll have the information to act/not act on the previous results without wasting a lynch just to test it.

I'm not opposed to lynching QPQ necessarily, but I don't think doing so just to get information about the voice is a good reason, since it's likely to be bullshit, we won't know who to blame if it is, and we're almost inevitably going to get the desired information eventually if we're patient.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

xopods posted:

That was a lot of words spent OMGUSing CapnAndy only to vote Juanito.
Agreed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I am a cigar and Andy is my tunnel choo choo choo

##vote CapnAndy

He's pushing lynches based entirely on snappy buzzword reasoning ("check the voice!", "lurker lynch!"), rather than looking in depth into people's content.

Mystery voice, what do you have to say to us today?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Scum is lurking to victory, be proud, guys.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

Scum is lurking to victory, be proud, guys.

Is it CapnAndy? Or Tokes?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Hal Incandenza posted:

Probably Tokes.

I don't think it's merk, or xopods. And CapnAndy would be more careful if he were scum, I think.

That summarizes pretty much everybody posting in the game.

Rarity shows up occasionally, I'd be fine voting her.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Hal Incandenza posted:

How am I lurking :psyduck:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Capn, I don't really agree with your case. Who else do you think is scum, and why?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Did Bowmore post at all yesterday?

##vote Bowmore

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Capn, I don't really agree with your case. Who else do you think is scum, and why?
Rarity, for similar reasons as Tokes, and probably merk -- I don't share DGK's (very strange!) conviction that he can clear people based on flavor. If no scum were given friendly names to fakeclaim as I'll eat my metaphorical hat.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

If you don't believe DGK, then why are you suspicious of merk, instead of DGK, who has claimed to have both gotten a scum result on him, and then subsequently cleared him?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I believe DGK's results, I think he's jumping to totally unwarranted conclusions based on some flavor text in his role PM that makes him think he can clear people based on their names. That seems to be going around somewhat; see also Rarity's conviction that her role told her there was a SK.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Rarity, for similar reasons as Tokes

CapnAndy posted:

The vibe I get off rarity is "too busy to pay attention", not scum, but I've never played with her before so it's a guess.

Explain?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Okay, poo poo is clearly going on around the edges that I'm not aware of and it confuses me.

So gently caress all this dumb bullshit! I would like to make a case! Here is my case:

CapnAndy posted:

This entire thing confuses and enrages me and I just wanna lynch Tokes instead

CapnAndy posted:

Today is different. DGK cop claims and says merk is scum, merk says "no I'm not", DGK immediately backs off going "oh okay, my bad then!" like haha, guess I can't trust my role at all, oh well, then merk makes a flavor claim, and DGK immediately says that confirms him as town, and oh yeah, he can actually confirm up to five people as town purely on flavor reasons, not based on any game mechanic, just y'know, stuff from his role PM. (The possibility that the scum would be given one or more of these roles to fakeclaim is not addressed because _______) Oh and this whole thing is dependent on fuel, somehow.

It's loving confusing, and quite frankly I don't believe a word of it on either end at this point.

CapnAndy posted:

I believe DGK's results, I think he's jumping to totally unwarranted conclusions based on some flavor text in his role PM that makes him think he can clear people based on their names. That seems to be going around somewhat; see also Rarity's conviction that her role told her there was a SK.

Explain?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

That was nearly a week ago. There's quite possibly some weird poo poo with people hunting other people going on around the edges, and it confuses me, and I want to ignore it, but since you asked, my current best guess is "DGK is a sane cop who's going overboard about some flavor text".

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Wait, you think DGK is a sane cop? Then why the heck aren't you voting merk?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Wait, you think DGK is a sane cop? Then why the heck aren't you voting merk?
There's a long-rear end distance between "I'm confused but this is my best guess" and "I believe this whole-heartedly", and I've been wrong before

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote Tearshed

only lurks this hard when he's scum

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Did Bowmore post at all yesterday?

##vote Bowmore
I'm in the top 6 posters so kindly go away

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So CapnAndy, you are telling me that although your best guess in regards to what makes sense re: the DGK/Merk thing is that DGK is, in fact, a sane cop and that he has gotten a positive result on merk, but in spite of that fact you feel more confident in your Tokes case?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tearshed, you have four less posts than Mikujin, who has acknowledged he didn't realize he was in this game. What's up?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##unvote

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm more inclined to believe CapNAndy is pushing a lurker case as scum rather than Tokes being scum and lurking.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I feel like DGK knew he was going to get lynched today and backed his way into a weird Cop claim to try to save himself.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Quidnose posted:

So CapnAndy, you are telling me that although your best guess in regards to what makes sense re: the DGK/Merk thing is that DGK is, in fact, a sane cop and that he has gotten a positive result on merk, but in spite of that fact you feel more confident in your Tokes case?
Look man if you want to keep asking me the same question and just phrasing it differently that's fine, but I'm gonna start giving you random answers just to keep things interesting

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Here's a new question: Why did you dodge that question instead of just saying "yes?"

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Quidnose posted:

Tearshed, you have four less posts than Mikujin, who has acknowledged he didn't realize he was in this game. What's up?
Yea I kind of keep doing this. I just don't check the forums as much as I used to. Guess I'll play catch up tomorrow.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

merk posted:

I feel like DGK knew he was going to get lynched today and backed his way into a weird Cop claim to try to save himself.

I was going to get lynched today?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

##vote Tearshed

only lurks this hard when he's scum

Yeah, I'd be on board with this. Still prefer Andy for the moment though.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

CapnAndy posted:

I hate the Conventional Wisdom. I got run out of mafia in general for literally years after a game where people were so exceedingly cruel to me on a personal level that I'm honestly still mad about it because I wasn't beep-booping along like a good little drone.
Wow, that's terrible. Was mafia really that autistic back then?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

tearshed posted:

Wow, that's terrible. Was mafia really that autistic back then?

Pretty sure the "no slurs" rule includes using "autistic" as a pejorative, dude.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I posted this in another thread. I'm becoming generally bored with games here as I feel our game quality is deteriorating. This might be my last game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

I would be happy lynching tearshed or maybe Mikujin. Tearshed's better though, because Miku is probably telling the truth about forgetting he was playing, and probably wouldn't forget if he were Scum, but both of those assumptions are tenuous.

• Locked thread