Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

p.crestmont posted:

That was one of the better chapters of the book, next to Theon's arc and a couple Victarion and Asha chapters.

Yeah, if it's Jon Con's chapters you single out to complain about in Dance, I don't know what to say.

Dude gets more done in two or three POV chapters than Dany does in four books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosscifer
Aug 3, 2005

Patience

COOL CORN posted:

That's one thing I was confused about. He made a big deal about how you should never rescue a man if you know he has greyscale, but don't we basically know by now that Tyrion doesn't have it? So how did Griff get it?

Granted, I have like 5 more chapters left.

Obviously Tyrion is immune because of his merman heritage.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

Rosscifer posted:

Obviously Tyrion is immune because of his merman heritage.

He had it as a baby so he is immune. They amputated the extremities and attached new hands and feet, and told him he was a dwarf when he got old enough to ask. Yes, Tyrion is the Westerosi Cotton Hill.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
H: Dangit, Dale! How are we ever going to get back to Arlen if we keep driving towards the New Mexico border?

D: Trust me, Hank. They're onto us, so we've gotta throw them off the trail. If we want to get back to Arlen, we've got to get away from Arlen.

H: Who's onto us?

B: dangole, you know man, thattheredoangoleonetrueenemyman, thatdangoleredcornwarnedusboutman

H: Thatherton...

B: Dale, slow down! I see something up ahead.

H: is that....Khan?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord
Took me 7 years off and on but I'm finally caught up. Finished ADWD last night. I feel like I just climbed a mountain that's really beautiful on the way up but once you get to the top you're just like "oh this view is okay I guess"

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

visceril posted:

H: Dangit, Dale! How are we ever going to get back to Arlen if we keep driving towards the New Mexico border?

D: Trust me, Hank. They're onto us, so we've gotta throw them off the trail. If we want to get back to Arlen, we've got to get away from Arlen.

H: Who's onto us?

B: dangole, you know man, thattheredoangoleonetrueenemyman, thatdangoleredcornwarnedusboutman

H: Thatherton...

B: Dale, slow down! I see something up ahead.

H: is that....Khan?

Jon Kahnington

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Is there a release date for the new book yet.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Yeah, the date is never.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

The television season hasn't even come out yet, how could there be a novelization already?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Skrill.exe posted:

Jon Kahnington

That's right, hillbillies! Aegon Jr. will become president of the Arlen County PTSA and outlaw propane use by all regional public schools! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Note: in "A Con of Cowboys" it is revealed that Jon Khannington wants to ban propane not only to spite Hank Targaryen, but because he wants to curry favor with Tywin Wasonasong by offering Wasonasong Solar Company a lucrative government contract

visceril fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 27, 2014

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the mountains are blown to dust and the seas dry up etc.

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

With the (not)imminent disappointment that is Winds of Winter, HBO has released the opening credits for season six:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKwNybyAuy4

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 716 days!)

so quentyn is still alive and taking the dragons back to dorne right

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

so quentyn is still alive and taking the dragons back to dorne right

In the hearts and minds of young children maybe. In the dreams of unicorns and the wishes of cherubs. Only in the truly innocent can something so beautiful and naive live.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
There are readers who say Quentyn lives. An idea so bad I hope it's true.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Solice Kirsk posted:

In the hearts and minds of young children maybe. In the dreams of unicorns and the wishes of cherubs. Only in the truly innocent can something so beautiful and naive live.

And in the Dornish Master Plan! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPI5eDuFfAw&list=UUXU7XVK_2Wd6tAHYO8g9vAA&t=388

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

October the world book comes at at least, right? Wanna read that book.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

ruddiger posted:

October the world book comes at at least, right? Wanna read that book.
Yep. Personally, I'm not sure about reading it. On one hand I don't want the grum to see more of any money until he finish the other books, but on the other I really like the back-story :ohdear:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Get if from your local library!

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
Personally at this point, I'd rather pay off GRRM for NOT writing another book, after the humungous turd he shat out that was ADWD.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

PrBacterio posted:

Personally at this point, I'd rather pay off GRRM for NOT writing another book, after the humungous turd he shat out that was ADWD.

I will donate to the "kill george r r martin" kickstarter.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

PrBacterio posted:

Personally at this point, I'd rather pay off GRRM for NOT writing another book,

That's like paying the Sun not to rise in the West.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012
GEORGE

"Fetch me the worst wine in the cellar!", Lord George R.R. Martin bellowed to the half dozen pages in his study. "The...worst wine, m'lord?", one of the pages inquired. "You heard me!" shouted George. "And then leave me, and I am not to be disturbed under any circumstance. I have much and more writing to be done today." Wine would have to suffice;he dared not ask for vinegar, as this would undoubtedly arouse suspicion.

When the box of wine was delivered and he was left alone, he pulled open the plastic nipple and filled a bowl, then unbuckled his trousers and slid them down, gazing into the mirror at his death. The black finger of the shitdick had crept half ways up the head of his member, slowly but surely continuing its glacial crawl into his bowls, and his doom. I still have time, surely the Gods can grant me that much. Coming this close they could not be so cruel as to rob me of my legacy.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

COOL CORN posted:

Took me 7 years off and on but I'm finally caught up. Finished ADWD last night. I feel like I just climbed a mountain that's really beautiful on the way up but once you get to the top you're just like "oh this view is okay I guess"

The huge blue balls at the end of ADWD is probably why you feel this way. I loved books one through four, and the fifth one was just.....a bit of a let down at the end.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^^ Doesn't help that AFFC has a loving ending note that's basically "Oh yeah sorry for not covering [characters] and poo poo but ADWD will make up for it, really!"

Jeffrey posted:

I will donate to the "kill george r r martin" kickstarter.

That which is dead cannot die.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

p.crestmont posted:

GEORGE

"Fetch me the worst wine in the cellar!", Lord George R.R. Martin bellowed to the half dozen pages in his study. "The...worst wine, m'lord?", one of the pages inquired. "You heard me!" shouted George. "And then leave me, and I am not to be disturbed under any circumstance. I have much and more writing to be done today." Wine would have to suffice;he dared not ask for vinegar, as this would undoubtedly arouse suspicion.

When the box of wine was delivered and he was left alone, he pulled open the plastic nipple and filled a bowl, then unbuckled his trousers and slid them down, gazing into the mirror at his death. The black finger of the shitdick had crept half ways up the head of his member, slowly but surely continuing its glacial crawl into his bowls, and his doom. I still have time, surely the Gods can grant me that much. Coming this close they could not be so cruel as to rob me of my legacy.

lol

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord

p.crestmont posted:

GEORGE

Amazing.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Evil Fluffy posted:

^^^^ Doesn't help that AFFC has a loving ending note that's basically "Oh yeah sorry for not covering [characters] and poo poo but ADWD will make up for it, really!"

I honestly didn't miss the characters they saved for ADWD, with the exception of the Reek ones.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

p.crestmont posted:

GEORGE

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Militree posted:

I honestly didn't miss the characters they saved for ADWD, with the exception of the Reek ones.

Honestly I like AFFC and ADWD. I understand why they're usually peoples least favorites, though.

The blueballs is understandable, but the worst parts of ADWD are Dany's chapters. I hated her chapters in just about every book though, except maybe the first book.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

p.crestmont posted:

GEORGE

I rose too high, loved to eat, wrote too little. I tried to write an epic, overreached, and fell.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

p.crestmont posted:

GEORGE

:golfclap:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe this is like, 'the bad thread 10 years ago' stuff, but is the drowned god Cthulhu?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

redreader posted:

Maybe this is like, 'the bad thread 10 years ago' stuff, but is the drowned god Cthulhu?

I'd say the Iron Born are just brain damaged and probably worship an abnormally large kraken one of their ancestors saw long ago but that'd be giving them too much credit considering their holy ritual is literally holding someone under water and then giving them CPR afterwards.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Could also be a beached whale carcass that was swept back into the ocean in a storm and appeared to swim again

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

redreader posted:

It's something Lovecraftian, at the very least. I don't mind it, it gives them a fun flavour which doesn't quite match anyone else in the story.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

It's just brain damage after being oxygen deprived during their forced drownings.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

PrBacterio posted:

There's a book coming out in a month that would help in this endeavor.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

How great would that be if he mixed up his files and ends up spoiling something big in it ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Oh it's spoiled alright, like spoiled milk in book form it is.