Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
CapnAndy is not scum.

Scum are people willingly posting in the thread without even an attempt to think about possibly one day maybe in this game scum hunt: ##vote PoP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, I can't even vote him: ##vote Canada

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Ok, I can't even vote him: ##vote Canada

Um excuse me there are multiple Canadians in this game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Guess we all look alike to him.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Well it can be hard sometimes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Puntification posted:

rarity's emoti-posting

My posts are valuable dissections of the mafia model.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
modkill capps :allears:

if I call it ~fun~ it's not stupid bullshit that hurts the game

see, I can adapt

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if you modkill me i will become a martyr

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wow, I had no idea you were so hot, eh!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*begins a horrible transformation into something new... something... daring*

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's not me. I'd never leave that much skin showing. You can see part of the nose. I wouldn't want my nose to fall off.

Also I'm not a hussy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Everybody gets Sam Rami's Spider-Man wrong. Its not about puberty. No that is X-Men 2, instead Spider-Man is the reverse.. Its about a reverse puberty if you will. Consider the fact that Toby McGuire was not a teenager when he acted in the movie. Sure in most films there are adults playing teens, but in Spider-Man its a statement.

The film is about Peter Parker, a mature adult trap in a teenagers body, a scientist and thinker, reverting back into a child like state. This is why Benjamin Button repeatedly references Sam Rami's Spider-Man through the course of that film.

Peter Parker abandons his science when he is bitten by a radioactive spider, and becomes a babbling child. He sews together pajamas and fights wrestlers. But he is punish for being a fake child, when he still holds onto the adult ideals of money, which is why his uncle dies.

The Green Goblin is the same, but while Peter becoming Spider-Man represents the innocence of child hood, The Goblin's transformation is that into a problem child, a brat. See him mockingly saying the child rhymes of our youth.

Spider-man is about reverse puberty. Its the real Benjamin Button of our time, and a masterpiece for the ages.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
alright I'm okay with modkilling capps now.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i always thought spiderman was a metaphor for spewing ejaculate out of your hands all over everything

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

uranus posted:

i always thought spiderman was a metaphor for spewing ejaculate out of your hands all over everything

No, this is a dumb interpretation that isn't looking at the complete visual. The sperm coming out of his hands is used for the main purpose of what? Swinging. Its a visual metaphor, he is constantly running away from his maturity, or swinging away if you will.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
no it actually symbolizes his youthful arrogance and confidence that he will dominate and conquer the world. this is shown by his spewing semen all over everyone and everything.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

swinging away if you will.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I think Propaganda Machine's recent votes are scummy:

Propaganda Machine posted:

this is a good argument. better than anything i can come up with at this point, anyway.

##vote CapnAndy

##vote rarity

just so we're clear, this isn't omgus. this is agreeing that rarity has been behaving very strangely what with the d1 claim and now all the contentless posting and henget votes. far be it from me to criticize jokeposting, but i think we're finally getting away from that, and i'm not really seeing anything except jokeposts from her.

Both votes were piggybacking onto another player's case without really adding much and I read it as a scum player trying to get on a lynch early so it doesn't look like a bandwagon vote. He tries to tack on that he doesn't like the joke posts, but he doesn't bring up any of the other players who have still not posted actual content despite the game being more serious now. I feel like a town player would take this opportunity to try and get something useful out of the other people not actually playing, but I think a scum would be content to just try and get an early vote on a player that could be a likely lynch. ##vote Propaganda Machine

Regarding the other players who seem to refuse to actually play, I would really like to hear from them because its pretty scummy to still just be popping into the thread to make joke posts when the game has moved on from that point. It feels like only half of the people in this thread are trying to play.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Pmach has not posted an actual thought this whole game, wow.

##vote pm

this is horrible. all you had to do was click on my name in the player list and you'd see:

i think it's pretty silly that he claimed the night action at all. poque was already driving a ton of attention to himself; why exacerbate that.

like, 'i wasn't scum before but now i am!!' seems like something poque could/would have said regardless of the role-switch being legit. like, if dhd actually thought poque was scum, why not help get him lynched d1?

possibilities:

1) he thought poque was scum and that turning him town would do any good

2) as scum, he knew that poque wasn't (or at the very least was on a different scum team.

or, of course,

c) he's not taking the game seriously. that could be forgiven, i guess, but this is going to turn into an actual mafia game at some point. i hope. :ohdear:

i dunno. it seems to me that scum could want to defend a known/likely town player to look better. like reverse bussing, or something.

##vote rarity

just so we're clear, this isn't omgus. this is agreeing that rarity has been behaving very strangely what with the d1 claim and now all the contentless posting and henget votes. far be it from me to criticize jokeposting, but i think we're finally getting away from that, and i'm not really seeing anything except jokeposts from her.

now, i'm not saying these are the best thoughts in the thread, but they are definitely thoughts.

soscannonballs posted:

Both votes were piggybacking onto another player's case without really adding much and I read it as a scum player trying to get on a lynch early so it doesn't look like a bandwagon vote. He tries to tack on that he doesn't like the joke posts, but he doesn't bring up any of the other players who have still not posted actual content despite the game being more serious now. I feel like a town player would take this opportunity to try and get something useful out of the other people not actually playing, but I think a scum would be content to just try and get an early vote on a player that could be a likely lynch. ##vote Propaganda Machine

Regarding the other players who seem to refuse to actually play, I would really like to hear from them because its pretty scummy to still just be popping into the thread to make joke posts when the game has moved on from that point. It feels like only half of the people in this thread are trying to play.

hey dude, there's a lot of fat to chew in this one. poque's flip didn't exactly help us much, and it's kind of hard to notice people to call out for not posting when there are so freaking many of them.

by your own reasoning, you're hopping onto pmom's demonstrably stupid case. early vote on somebody who could be a likely lynch, especially with that post you just made, coming off of a very strong town game.

soscannonballs posted:

Why did you assume Opop was town? Most of his posts don't have anything to do with actually playing mafia.

i don't necessarily, it was just for the sake of argument because i didn't want to play the death match.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
what if all the scum are in the other thread

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

why is mills posting in the other thread,

and why is he saying dumb things

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

why is mills posting in the other thread,

and why is he saying dumb things

FanTropes.net's Faq posted:

And yes already we've had some of the more unsavory elements from Fanfiction.net come into our fold but if the pedophiles can't have one place on the internet then really where can they belong?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

soscannonballs posted:

This is a good case!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

This is a good case!

I told you guys to vote PMach!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote pmach

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
That's a good case on the surface, but I think you have to understand where we are in the game. I know I thought to myself that I would just follow Merk early this real day, so I could see town PM just latching on to any momentum starting to build, just to get something going.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

Everybody gets Sam Rami's Spider-Man wrong. Its not about puberty. No that is X-Men 2, instead Spider-Man is the reverse.. Its about a reverse puberty if you will. Consider the fact that Toby McGuire was not a teenager when he acted in the movie. Sure in most films there are adults playing teens, but in Spider-Man its a statement.

The film is about Peter Parker, a mature adult trap in a teenagers body, a scientist and thinker, reverting back into a child like state. This is why Benjamin Button repeatedly references Sam Rami's Spider-Man through the course of that film.

Peter Parker abandons his science when he is bitten by a radioactive spider, and becomes a babbling child. He sews together pajamas and fights wrestlers. But he is punish for being a fake child, when he still holds onto the adult ideals of money, which is why his uncle dies.

The Green Goblin is the same, but while Peter becoming Spider-Man represents the innocence of child hood, The Goblin's transformation is that into a problem child, a brat. See him mockingly saying the child rhymes of our youth.

Spider-man is about reverse puberty. Its the real Benjamin Button of our time, and a masterpiece for the ages.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeyut up!

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Magnus since you are here maybe you like to comment on the actual cases being made instead of quoting a post about a spiderman movie.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

soscannonballs posted:

Magnus since you are here maybe you like to comment on the actual cases being made instead of quoting a post about a spiderman movie.

Cases of what? Soda pop?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm worried people may have forgotten that byers is a bad guy. I did but i remember now

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i haven't forgotten, but we weren't getting traction so.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pinterest Mom posted:

i haven't forgotten, but we weren't getting traction so.

That's scum talk, Pinmother. Just because there's no traction doesn't mean it's wrong.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

we probably have, what, 3-6 non-town people in our 15? moving away from byers onto someone else who is also scummy is fine.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

17, not 15!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
This is a big game! ##vote uranus

Stop farting.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Is there any other reason to think Byers is scum other than the vampire thing?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

His case on me was super weird.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

Also, now that I'm not playing from a 3P perspective, let's take another look at PMom's Thunderdome use D1. COnsider POque's flip, and the fact that PMom's usage of that power ensured he'd live through D1. It's a possible way to save the life of a suicidal scumbro.

"Now that I'm no longer 3P, I can finally get this off my mind. *faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart*"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Like, it's obviously something he hasn't thought of very well at all, and he backs off from it as soon as he's challenged, but it's also presented as "Now the real scum hunting begins!"

It feels to me like scum testing the waters to see if he can get traction on me.

Or it's just OMGUS, whatevs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Your Personal Muse posted:

Is there any other reason to think Byers is scum other than the vampire thing?

When a player flips non town it's good enough for me

• Locked thread