Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

And there's the xeno option too, awful lovecraftian horrors unknown and unimaginable from the depths of the void. :cthulhu:

and sometimes the xenos fall to Chaos, just for extra funsies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

LowellDND posted:

and sometimes the xenos fall to Chaos, just for extra funsies

On the bright side, sometimes even Chaos falls before xenos, because even omnicidal monstrosities from beyond known space go "NOPE NOPE NOPE DIE DIE DIE" when they encounter that poo poo. Of course, this results in Inquisitors thinking that maybe not all xenos are all that bad, and then you have yet another Excommunicate Diabolis who needs to be hunted down for collaboration with Xeno Horrificus. (translation: Rogue Inquisitor who is helping extremely hostile aliens. There are people dumb enough to try to use Tyranids to deal with various problems)

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

my dad posted:

On the bright side, sometimes even Chaos falls before xenos, because even omnicidal monstrosities from beyond known space go "NOPE NOPE NOPE DIE DIE DIE" when they encounter that poo poo. Of course, this results in Inquisitors thinking that maybe not all xenos are all that bad, and then you have yet another Excommunicate Diabolis who needs to be hunted down for collaboration with Xeno Horrificus. (translation: Rogue Inquisitor who is helping extremely hostile aliens. There are people dumb enough to try to use Tyranids to deal with various problems)

Leading to one of the most hilarious moments of war40k

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Octarius_War

which led to this bit of fanon http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Story:The_Shape_Of_The_Nightmare_To_Come_50k_section10

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

A

Deceive
Fel Simple
Sound Constitution

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

A x x x x x, x x x x x x
B x
C x x x
D
E

Deceive x x x x x, x x x x x, x x x
Fel Simple x x x x x, x x x x
Sound Constitution x x x x x, x x x
Pack Hunter x x x x x, x
Peer Military x
Charm x
Diplomacy x

Works for me. A, Deceive, Fel Simple, Sound Constitution. Ill update the sheet shortly.

Meanwhile, our level 3 choice:

1 Electro Priest. The base tech-priest class of our level
2 Colchite Servo Master. You get a tek-psykik connection with your servitors (such as cyber mastiffs)
3 Acuitor Mech Assassin. For killin

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Murderbuddies!!! :neckbeard:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

my dad posted:

I believe the proper term for mechanicus death squads are MurderMachines running TCP-FirstDegree Protocols

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

my dad posted:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

3 Acuitor Mech Assassin. For killin

YES PLEASE

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

my dad posted:

I concur.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

For further input about Servo Master:

You will be able to control 1 murder hound at first, but you can get Mastermind 4 more times, which means 4 more murder hounds.

Being a Servo Master means you control the hounds "as if they were extensions of your own body". So that may influence your decision.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
3 We seem to be doing a lot of face to las pistol negotiation.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

LowellDND posted:

For further input about Servo Master:

You will be able to control 1 murder hound at first, but you can get Mastermind 4 more times, which means 4 more murder hounds.

Being a Servo Master means you control the hounds "as if they were extensions of your own body". So that may influence your decision.

In short, with the right kind of cyber-animal, we'll be able to perform covert recon just about anywhere, without risking our precious, precious cyber-hide.

And if we're not able to combine Voltron style once we get Mastermind 4, I'll be sorely disappointed.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

With the small quibble of (Fel/10)*20 meters range, yes. Thats a lot of bulkheads to hide behind though.

2 x x x x x
3 x x

Loel fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 30, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
100 metres or so on a ship is a decent distance.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
3 We seem to do a LOT of killing.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Mech Assassins are also fun. They can hack Machine-Spirits and redirect them.

So someone's las pistol loses their safety margins, or air locks realize they need to open for safety.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

paragon1 posted:

3 We seem to do a LOT of killing.

You can also do a lot of killing with a pack of robot dogs and cyborgs under your control. I honestly think that Servo master is the better killing things option for us, because our strength stat is poor and we already have some servitors and a cyber mastiff.

Also, for what its worth, imagine us racing in our servitor vehicle with us using direct control over the vehicle. We'd probably be the best racer around with the ability to control that tightly and respond that quickly.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
2 We need a fleet of servo skull buddies.

To elaborate a bit for the non-acolyte people. When they said "simple Fel" they were using shorthand for the first rank of attribute increase. All basic attributes (WS/BS/Str/Ect) can be raised up to four times for an increase of +5 per upgrade. Each upgrade costs an escalating amount, and the shorthand goes as follows: Simple -> Intermediate -> Trained -> Expert. So hopefully that makes it a little easier to participate in experience spending.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I'm actually going to vote 3 because being able to control machine spirits is a REALLY valuable skill while on a space hulk, and we just got hands-on experience with fighting and using machine spirits for investigation.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Im actually really pleased with our options here. Both classes are quite strong choices.

And nothing says we can't take the other at level 4 :D

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Rank 4 would let us take mechanicus secutor, though.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Waci posted:

Rank 4 would let us take mechanicus secutor, though.

I dunno, Bonded Emissary might do you well at Court.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Tran posted:

2 We need a fleet of servo skull buddies.

To elaborate a bit for the non-acolyte people. When they said "simple Fel" they were using shorthand for the first rank of attribute increase. All basic attributes (WS/BS/Str/Ect) can be raised up to four times for an increase of +5 per upgrade. Each upgrade costs an escalating amount, and the shorthand goes as follows: Simple -> Intermediate -> Trained -> Expert. So hopefully that makes it a little easier to participate in experience spending.

Man, then aren't our stats kinda sucky, and won't they always suck?

Also just checked the OP, where's all that corruption from?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

paragon1 posted:

Man, then aren't our stats kinda sucky, and won't they always suck?

Also just checked the OP, where's all that corruption from?

Tainted Blood, I believe. We wanted to leap gleefully into the darkness, and it gives 2d10 Corruption.

Its okay, you havent begun to exhibit symptoms :cthulhu:

And, as in all things, we can go for Augmented stats of various kinds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ecvLRxb3MU

2 x x x x x x
3 x x x x

Loel fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 30, 2014

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Tainted Blood comes from being a slightly inbred noble living on a slightly irradiated and warp-infused Space Hulk, right? And appearance-wise it means someone can look at them and say "yep, that's a void-born, look at that pasty skin and weird eyes"?

Grouchy Fish
Aug 24, 2006

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

LowellDND posted:

I dunno, Bonded Emissary might do you well at Court.

Two words: Rad Cleanser. Secutor would let us learn how to use literal nuke guns, in addition to pretty much every gun ever.

Waci fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 30, 2014

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

3 we need more killin power

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 30, 2014

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

FireSight posted:

I'm actually going to vote 3 because being able to control machine spirits is a REALLY valuable skill while on a space hulk, and we just got hands-on experience with fighting and using machine spirits for investigation.

This

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Doing cool machine spirit things would be pretty rad. 3.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I think 3 - Mech-assassin would go really well with our fake skin.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

MaliciousOnion posted:

I think 3 - Mech-assassin would go really well with our fake skin.

Agreed

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
3. we can build up an army the traditional way and murder from the spirits

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

2 x x x x x x x
3 x x x x x x x x x x x

Wow, I was really betting on 2. Okay.

You still have 300 XP left or so to spend, and Ill be updating the sheet with the new class.

Available Advances

100 XP

Blather
Blather +10
Carouse
Charm
Concealment
Contortionist
Deceive +10
Demolituion
Diplomacy
Disguise
Inquiry +10
Logic +10
Security
Scholastic Lore Bureaucracy
Scholastic Lore Heraldry
Scholastic Lore Imperial Creed
Search
Shadowing
Shadowing +10
Silent Move
Silent Move +10
Sleight of Hand
Tech Use +20
Trade (Technomat) +10 Armourer +10
Tracking +10
Wrangling +10

Arms master (requires BS 30, basic weapon training, any two)
Battle Rage (requires Frenzy)
Basic Weapon Training (Pistol)
Basic Weapon Training (SP)
Basic Weapon Training (Primitive)
Blind Fighting (requires perception 30)
Deadeye Shot (BS 30)
Exotic Weapon Training (any one)
Marksman (BS 35)
Mimic
Orthoproxy
Paranoia
Peer Admin
Peer Government
Peer Military
Pack Hunter (requires Tracking)
Pistol Training (Las)
Pistol Training (Primitive)
Pistol Training (SP)
Quick Draw
Sure Strike (WS 30)
WP Simple Advance

200 XP:
Charm +10
Deceive +10
Diplomacy +10
Scrutiny
Frenzy

250 XP:

WS Simple Advance
BS Simple Advance
Per Simple Advance
Int Intermediate Advance
T Intermediate Advance
Fel Intermediate Advance

300 XP

Peer (Adeptus Arbites)
Master Orator
Whisper of Samadhi (requires Mimic)

Loel fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Sep 30, 2014

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Tech use +20 and whatever else will allow us to do illegal, heretical, terrifyingly awesome and awesomely terrifying things with technology, with the view to do the same with biology in the future. Like turning a demon into a servitor and giving it a thinking AI of our own programming (Could we get in trouble?).

Can you explain blather and peers? I think we might need one or the other too.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Hahaha:

Warhammer Wiki posted:

Blatherers simply invent a complete string of nonsense, ranting on and on whilst their victims stand dumbfounded, wondering whether they are insane, intoxicated, or possibly dangerous.

Blather
Search
Shadowing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

Tech use +20 and whatever else will allow us to do illegal, heretical, terrifyingly awesome and awesomely terrifying things with technology, with the view to do the same with biology in the future. Like turning a demon into a servitor and giving it a thinking AI of our own programming (Could we get in trouble?).

Can you explain blather and peers? I think we might need one or the other too.

Machine Spirits are acceptable, AI and the Iron Men are super heretical. The higher rank you are, the more flexibility you have on where that boundary line is.
Using daemons as servants is Radical at best, Heretical at worst. Again, the higher you are, the more flexibility you have. Around level 6, a whole ton of options open up for what kind of heresy you want to explore, and if you can manage to find a Radical treatise or philosophy, you can gain an Elite Advance as Sworn Radical. Sworn Radical only requires level 3 ;)

Blather is the art of bullshitting:

When you make a Blather Test, you stall for time by running off at the mouth, spewing a stream of words and nonsense in an attempt to confuseand distract others. A Blather Test is always Opposed by your target’s Willpower (or Scrutiny). If you succeed and the target fails, the target isdistracted by you and can do nothing for one Round, staring dumbfounded and wondering if you are drunk, crazy or both. For every degree of success, you dumbfound the target for an additional Round. If your target succeeds and you fail, or if you both fail, your attempt at verbalacrobatics fails and the target may act normally

Peers means you know people who know people, you've made connections, friends, allies, and are generally accepted in a certain group. Mechanically speaking, it gives you a +10 fellowship in dealing with them - you know their customs and courtesies.

Loel fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Sep 30, 2014