Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

haha gently caress I usually avoid comments unless I know they'll be good

quote:

The story in a nutshell: He signed up to go shoot at other human beings for money and now he feels bad about it, so he gets a free pet. 

Soldiers with PTSD need to try shrooms, or if they have the chance, ayauascha. 12 soldiers went to an ayauscha retreat, all suffering from PTSD. Not one of them had the suffering when they came back. It heals the mind and allows you to face those fears with a clear mind so you no longer fear those fears.

quote:

Al the guys I know with PTSD after combat were simpletons to begin with. Maybe combat gives them the excuse to stop trying. PTSD sounds like a cushy scapegoat to me.

pog?

Sorry content don't remember if I posted these but here goes

too lazy to rehost not sure if it'd be leeching or not here's a link http://www.walagata.com/w/uprc/dogmuffins.gif

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
So mushrooms are a lot like the poo poo batman did in batman begins? I've done the wrong shrooms.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

quote:

Al the guys I know with PTSD after combat were simpletons to begin with. Maybe combat gives them the excuse to stop trying. PTSD sounds like a cushy scapegoat to me.

Can we just kill all the pogs? gently caress it just loving kill everyone.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dog shall inherit the Earth

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Dog shall inherit the Earth

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:3: :3: :3:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My brother found a stray in his neighborhood. He hasn't been able to find her owner yet, and he thinks he's going to keep her.

My nephew decided to name her Ladybug :kimchi:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

My sister has a second white GSD and he visited the mobile dog cleaning lady today. [I have no loving idea] Anyway, the hair dryer she uses was a bit loud so they put him a little hat on so he wouldn't be scared.

:swoon:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Burt posted:

My sister has a second white GSD and he visited the mobile dog cleaning lady today. [I have no loving idea] Anyway, the hair dryer she uses was a bit loud so they put him a little hat on so he wouldn't be scared.

:swoon:

babushka dogge

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

What the gently caress?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I forgot I took a video of Oliver and Luna playing. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRXrSb4giyU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Genocide Tendency posted:

What the gently caress?

Hipster avant-garde taxidermy is a new and retarded fad

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Snowdens Secret posted:

Hipster is a new and retarded fad

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
so what's the best way to get a dog to not be a begger? right now he is really interested in what you're eating and jumps all over you until you get kind of rude with him. is that something you can change? i haven't nor has anyone else as far as i know given him anything off their plate. and everyone he comes across that is eating gets instructed to act like he's invisible while they eat.

but i don't know the real best way.

e: and i always kick him out of the chair or off the couch if i'm eating anything

Cole fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 30, 2014

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
work on sits and stays and/or set up a physical barrier.

I bought one of those baby gates for when Frank was really young yet, set it up to block the bathroom off so he wouldn't whimper while the door was closed. I eventually had to hang a bamboo blind over that to keep the cats out, one of them likes hanging out in the shower and in pants/shorts/under-roos while I'm taking a poo poo (creepy loving cats, seriously). but Frank could still hear me and wouldn't go into anxiety mode as long as he could see me wandering around through the baby gate.

granted, I didn't really give a poo poo about training Frank about begging, but he's come to realize he'll get a bite of chicken or some rice or something when someone is done. he doesn't come into the bathroom when I'm in there, though, only when it's empty and the light's off. he likes the tile. :)

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
A real fuckin bummer, but a good dog til the end

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/heroic-two-legged-dog-who-inspired-4332891

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9R-Wrpd8w8

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cole posted:

so what's the best way to get a dog to not be a begger? right now he is really interested in what you're eating and jumps all over you until you get kind of rude with him. is that something you can change? i haven't nor has anyone else as far as i know given him anything off their plate. and everyone he comes across that is eating gets instructed to act like he's invisible while they eat.

but i don't know the real best way.

e: and i always kick him out of the chair or off the couch if i'm eating anything

As it was explained to me, that's attention seeking behavior, which some trainers call dominance displays.

The dog wants the best boss for the group; he's gonna always want to have the best dog in control. He's not really "challenging" you, so it's not really something you can "punish" (not that that would work), it's more like a parent humoring a child. He humors you when you tell him to do some tricks, but then he goes into parent mode when something more interesting/alerting comes up, and starts to ignore your commands; in this case, telling him you're eating first, because he thinks he should be first.

The way you fix it starts from the ground up. You gotta be consistent with the commands, abundant with praise for doing the right thing, and constant in all tasks. This is a really simplified explanation of what is going on, and what can be done to fix it.

Sputnik used to do all of the stuff you describe, and now he doesn't, thanks to the training I got; however, there are successful trainers that believe the opposite of this method is also true, so I don't claim to have all the answers.

I hope you can find something that works for you.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

o7

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Faith was a busy dog - not alone did she provide support to recovering troops - she attended a kids' reading programme and toured with the legendary Ozzie Osbourne.

That dogge knew how to party

Best dogge

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
good faith, good dog

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Snowdens Secret posted:

Hipster avant-garde taxidermy is a new and retarded fad

crazy taxidermists loving around is nothing new at all.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

http://gfycat.com/GrotesqueClosedGoral

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Incoming epicloldogges.com

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Reverand maynard posted:

crazy taxidermists loving around is nothing new at all.

Nothing hipsters do is new, practically by definition

They do make them into retarded fads though

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Snowdens Secret posted:

Nothing hipsters do is new, practically by definition

They do make them into retarded fads though

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Puppy's first petsmart trip ended up costing me almost $300... No type of vet visit included.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Cole posted:

Puppy's first petsmart trip ended up costing me almost $300... No type of vet visit included.

Did you let him pick out the toys?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

zombie303 posted:

Did you let him pick out the toys?

Yes. That explains at least half of it.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is the other half you bought dog toys for yourself?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Taken blatantly from my twitter feed (and probably taken from reddit or somewhere else)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

This is all I see:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

*peel-out sound*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
weiner dog lol