Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

MildManeredManikin posted:

Based on yuming's post I've been assuming the original result was not town and the second result was not scum.

3P. You can probably lynch him without feeling bad for bussing your bro.

sigh. sure whatever kill me. i do not really care that much. for all you or i know me dying could just cause something really bad to happen or make me come back more powerful.

but as long as i'm here i'll at least try to help the town, so i guess decide for yourself whether or not possibly making one person lose is better than trying to actually lynch scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##unvote I dunno if I want to just vote the survivor, that doesn't seem like the best play.

So, we are sure nothing is coming of deathmatch then?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

winvirus (1): DuckHuntDog, DuckHuntDog, DuckHuntDog
DuckHuntDog (1): Power of Pecota, Power of Pecota, Meinberg
yuming (0): Hal Incandenza, DuckHuntDog, Power of Pecota, Adus, Kumbamontu, Power of Pecota, Adus, DuckHuntDog, Kumbamontu, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (11): Adus, chaoslord, Hal Incandenza, Jefepato, Kitiara, Kumbamontu, Little Mac, MildManeredManikin, Power of Pecota, winvirus, yuming

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 30th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 16 minutes.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

##vote dhd

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Don't be fools, vote DuckHuntDog today, while time remains!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Speaking of time, I'm going to be away for my computer for the next six days. I do have my tablet, but expect my current level of activity and insight to continue.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
ok ##vote dhd

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Hmm. I am thinking.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Let's all vote me so after my flip we can admonish me for not playing "townie" enough and blame me the mislynch.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

Other thread, seriously, why is DHD not your vote?

I am the only one with a vote placed that isn't on me, so convince me to do it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kitiara posted:

D. Chaoslord confuses me a bit. I think he might be town, but he seems oddly focused on keeping track of who should be modkilled, so I'm a bit suspicious as to whether he just wants them gone to have a big lead on town.

(sorry about not using a pronoun earlier, profile says porpoise and I didn't want to guess)

Kept track of them for my list of "Who to vig/not vig" consideration. If they're getting modkill not gonna waste my vig.

So, here's whats happening yall

Gonna shoot DHD. I'm a 1-shot desperado instead of 1-shot vig. So, if I die.... DHD is Not Scum. Good luck, thread, if that's the case. :patriot:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Don't shoot him.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I thought Mills died.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

What is dead may never die.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Are you a stump now?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I want to lynch Pecota.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ

Chaoslord, Atemis' Lover, Town Desperado has self-banned D3!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Mills posted:

Don't shoot him.

Mills, why are you always right? WHY? HOW?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hmm chaos never typed a bold ## action, I didn't know he actually fired. Guess he's dead

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ

Chaoslord, Atemis' Lover, Town Desperado has self-banned D3!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?43O3eIGEuhk

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Meinberg posted:

Basically, I got to ask the mods five yes/no questions on N0, which I then received answers for. However, I'm only allowed to reveal one of the answers publicly. After my question "is the game balanced" got rejected, I asked whether or not Diqnol was town, and I got a yes, and chose to share that information, since I thought it was the most useful.

Either the mods lied to me, or Diqnol's alignment changed between N0 and his flip.

so this is still super fishy to me, and as far as i can see the person he was pushing for was just confirmed to be not scum. claiming the mods lied is pretty bold and i can't see why they'd do that. i think he tried to help diqnol by 'confirming' that he was town only to get that information proven false not long after. doesn't look good to me.

##vote Meinberg

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Meinberg does this 'thing' in a lot of games where he takes bad assumptions and arrives at bad conclusions. It's a role madness game. I wouldn't be surprised if he received those results, whether from a moderator or another player. I wouldn't be surprised that he would blindly believe them. That is his meta.

The alternative that you are suggesting implies that as scum he would fake claim something that he would know at the time would later be proven wrong (since you would assume he would know the alignment of Diqnol if Meinberg were also scum). It's a high-risk low-reward inane play to start with, but it certainly doesn't fit Meinberg's meta either.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If you assume he thought diqnol was such a valuable scum player that he wanted to protect him, my question is when did diqnol fall in love with Byers? Before or after Meinberg made the claim?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hi Mills :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Are we talking about the other thread? I stopped reading the other thread.

What happened with Byers?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

HOUR AND FIVE MINUTES UNTIL DEADLINE, FOLKS.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm not talking about the other thread. I'm just saying that for what Adus said to have transpired, Meinberg would have had to say to himself "you know what, Step 1. I'm going to wilfully reject the way I have approached every other game and instead just do something extremely unlikely to work. Step 2. Profit???"

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Mills posted:

Meinberg does this 'thing' in a lot of games where he takes bad assumptions and arrives at bad conclusions. It's a role madness game. I wouldn't be surprised if he received those results, whether from a moderator or another player. I wouldn't be surprised that he would blindly believe them. That is his meta.

The alternative that you are suggesting implies that as scum he would fake claim something that he would know at the time would later be proven wrong (since you would assume he would know the alignment of Diqnol if Meinberg were also scum). It's a high-risk low-reward inane play to start with, but it certainly doesn't fit Meinberg's meta either.

i can't really comment on metas since i know none of them. i'll take your word for it?

i believe someone would possibly fake claim something like that. in this sort of game where almost anything is possible, sure, try and protect a scumbro early by confirming he is town. you say it would later be proven wrong like that was a certainty? and perhaps by the time it gets proven wrong there would be more things to claim about why it was wrong. right now all he can say is that maybe diqnol's alignment changed. this is also a possibility, but like almost loving anything is a possibility at this point so i'm just looking at the thing that looks shadiest, and that's the idea the mods lied in the answers to his questions.

Mills posted:

I'm not talking about the other thread. I'm just saying that for what Adus said to have transpired, Meinberg would have had to say to himself "you know what, Step 1. I'm going to wilfully reject the way I have approached every other game and instead just do something extremely unlikely to work. Step 2. Profit???"

someone attempting to play their stated 'last mafia game' a lot differently doesn't seem like a huge stretch to me. especially when it's a game as weird and hosed up as this.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Even without the information about how Meinberg plays, I just think you're ignoring the risk/reward of the play.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

This isn't like bread mafia where "protecting your pal D1" is important. It's a giant game with a tonne of people. Diqnol was under no pressure. Meinberg's claim didn't "protect him". There was no reward gained.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

plurality lynch game so get to it

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hmmmmm.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Maybe not let me be the leader, thanks.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Clearly Adus is bummed that I'm casing his scumbro DHD. Vote DHD today.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Let's lynch the guy that just got confirmed as town, I agree.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Meinberg posted:

Clearly Adus is bummed that I'm casing his scumbro DHD. Vote DHD today.
This makes so little sense.

Adus is 3P.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

yuming posted:

This makes so little sense.

Adus is 3P.

3Pbros

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

This very page chaoslord got killed for trying to vig me because I am town. You aren't even reading.

##vote Meinberg

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

DuckHuntDog posted:

Let's lynch the guy that just got confirmed as town, I agree.
Oh hey I'm glad I read what happened because I almost missed that!

Kumbamontu posted:

what's going on, i'll vote for whoever, apparently it's not yuming anymore?

##unvote
This guy is worth voting.

##vote Kumba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
My case: for throwing his vote around with v little effort in the new thread.

zzz gn all.

• Locked thread