Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Are these replays always accurate? I just finished the mantis setup at TH7 and some guy beat me (kind of, didn't get much) by deploying a shitload of giants and goblins straight into the center of my base. It used to happen a lot when I was lower level and I have no clue what's going on when it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Are you sure you don't have any spots where a bush or tree is leaving a deployment zone open?

If you have any gaps in your base 3x3 or larger, folks can deploy there. And Teslas do NOT block deployment.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

padijun posted:

Is there such thing as a TH8 farming base that also has an unlurable CC?

Just put your CC in the center with the storages tightly around it, then make circular layers and place the TH in a corner. I wouldn't have the BK near the center as that can pull troops to the core.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!

Mile'ionaha posted:

Are you sure you don't have any spots where a bush or tree is leaving a deployment zone open?

If you have any gaps in your base 3x3 or larger, folks can deploy there. And Teslas do NOT block deployment.

Ahh, thanks, I think I get it. I'll have to throw something less useful in the spot where the barbarian king is eventually gonna go.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Ironsoviet posted:

Ahh, thanks, I think I get it. I'll have to throw something less useful in the spot where the barbarian king is eventually gonna go.

You can just shift one of the buildings next to the open spot over a square until you get the king, that should stop people from being able to place in the gap without requiring any major design changes.

nephyx
Jun 20, 2006

"Purges"
-Adolf Twerkel
Got a spot open in spergs. If you jump in quickly you can join us for war.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

nephyx posted:

Got a spot open in spergs. If you jump in quickly you can join us for war.

do it do it do it

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Pro click of the day

So many roasted goblins.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

:allears:

GTC is unironically attracting christian dads who vape

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Just got kicked out of SPERGS. Apparently I'm a "loving idiot" for not knowing that recommended targets are not good enough to attack. :lol:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Shampy posted:

Just got kicked out of SPERGS. Apparently I'm a "loving idiot" for not knowing that recommended targets are not good enough to attack. :lol:

Well to be fair, the clan is literally run by an autistic nazi.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

nexous posted:

Well to be fair, the clan is literally run by an autistic nazi.

I guess he got butthurt when I called him little Hitler.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Shampy posted:

I guess he got butthurt when I called him little Hitler.

nephyx
Jun 20, 2006

"Purges"
-Adolf Twerkel

Shampy posted:

Apparently I'm a "loving idiot" for not knowing that recommended targets are not good enough to attack. :lol:

I'm sorry but if the map is open and you go 15 below rank just to 3star a target that someone else could have easily picked up then it speaks for itself. It's been implied MANY times that people should attack roughly within 5 of their rank. Noone else but you ( so far ) thinks that attacking the recommended target is the best strategy because it contradicts common sense and goes against what's been discussed/announced numerous times.

That being said, thank you for your service.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
He should wear it as a badge of honor.

http://i.imgur.com/jzLAd8M.jpg?1
credit: Bloomie :3:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jesus you guys are embarrassing.

Patty Bateman
May 6, 2014
You're embarrassed by dedication and love?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Only a true leader could administer such a level of tough love to someone who can only learn the hard way. It just means he cared for you the most.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I too am an autistic nazi and rule the liftingbro clan with an IRON fist.

Anyone who dares build a goblin or cast a L1 hog during a war gets roughly fingered in the bum hole then kicked from the clan.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

hitchensgoespop posted:

I too am an autistic nazi and rule the liftingbro clan with an IRON fist.

Anyone who dares build a goblin or cast a L1 hog during a war gets roughly fingered in the bum hole then kicked from the clan.

No :spergin:, plenty of :2bong: and :chillpill:. Truly the best of clans.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Is anyone around here (or elsewhere, for that matter) insane enough to log nexting results? A good sample of nexts including trophies, date/time, target resources, and target TH level would probably lead to some useful conclusions about things that mostly seem to be guesswork and speculation in most discussions.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
Spergs of War indeed.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
Can I be totally honest for just a minute here? I'm legit bummed that someone got a red text title out of this thread before I did :sigh:

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Dang how did I miss that? I need to log in more and scroll through all that dumb text. Spergs isn't a bad clan, we've got a really nice win streak going on, but idk how Steve actually keeps up with the stuff that he does. I am barely assed to keep enough resources to manage 4 builders working full time.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

The Crusher posted:

Dang how did I miss that? I need to log in more and scroll through all that dumb text. Spergs isn't a bad clan, we've got a really nice win streak going on, but idk how Steve actually keeps up with the stuff that he does. I am barely assed to keep enough resources to manage 4 builders working full time.

I've started school and this 5th builder is really asking a lot of me.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Jaysus posted:

I've started school and this 5th builder is really asking a lot of me.

What TH are you on? I'm at the point where I'm saving the low-cost things like my 3rd storages and cannons so I have something cheap to fall back on to keep a builder moving. It was a complete 180 from "gently caress, these Air Defenses take FOREVER" to "Thank god, 8 days that I can spend saving for resources".

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

The Crusher posted:

"Thank god, 8 days that I can spend saving for resources".

Thank god for hidden teslas. Cheap and take forever.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

The Crusher posted:

What TH are you on? I'm at the point where I'm saving the low-cost things like my 3rd storages and cannons so I have something cheap to fall back on to keep a builder moving. It was a complete 180 from "gently caress, these Air Defenses take FOREVER" to "Thank god, 8 days that I can spend saving for resources".

I'm BCarey btw, but I'm on TH8, and yeah, the time is really nice these days.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I'm upgrading my collectors because I can't be assed to farm at the moment.

I also missed my first war attack ever last week :(

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

How do you have this conversation typing into the chat box of a phone game while probably on the toilet and not just kind of throw up all over your phone?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I can't decide whether or not to use the Mantis as my main base just so I don't have to gently caress around with editing my war base anytime I add new poo poo.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Jaysus posted:

Tip of the cap to ya, Buddy :)

I'm so happy that my next builder is done in like 4 hours and I have a 5 hour shield with 20K DE. Level 5 BK for wars will be a nice feeling.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Jaysus posted:

:wtc: I've always thought that you were Yubyub.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

AxeManiac posted:

How do you have this conversation typing into the chat box of a phone game while probably on the toilet and not just kind of throw up all over your phone?

Some people take poop games very seriously. For instance simble literally texted me right after he almost dropped his phone in the pooper.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Seditiar posted:

Yubyub is a myth

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Seditiar posted:

Huh, so I DO come across as super spergy!

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

I've barched for about 10 hours so that nobody would steal my poo poo while waiting for some defense to upgrade. I understand them.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Jaysus posted:

Huh, so I DO come across as super spergy!

Pfff, he's been slacking off. He's not even doing a skull wall a day, let alone 10+ per day he thought was "easy".

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

:laffo: Goddammit goons. And people wonder why we made fun of Spergs of War when it was created.

filthy casual PEKKA still #1.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

We can't all be winners.