Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

omg just realized if there's a pc version then I can put it on a SSD and not have 40 minutes load times constantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I mean presumably you wouldn't have that long of load times on a relatively recent hard drive either. the big thing about long loads on the 360 and ps3 is that those machines were old.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Snacksmaniac posted:

Game isn't even out yet and he did!

Here's a blast from the past question. I remember 2K13 getting special "Attitude Era" cutscenes for universe mode in a DLC. I don't think I've ever seen one. Has anyone? Did these things ever work?

They did, the catch was that you needed a brand that included ONLY attitude era characters. No current roster, no CAWS

Pretty sure it works because my main events were consistently Austin-McMahon related and Paul Wight kept running interference for the latter in various ways

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 1, 2014

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there was also a hosed up glitch that the bonus Extra universe mode cutscenes, the unlockable ones, they would be locked out of your game and never occur if you used the season pass to unlock them, rather than unlock them normally by playing the game.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Really hoping this hits PC and has career mode because that sounds awesome and I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One and I didn't really want to buy one.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's coming out for PC, the question is merely when and which version of the game.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

That IGN link hosed up the browser on my phone. It tried to download something and kept freezing so I had to restart it. I will be super upset if this doesn't come to PC since I haven't had a console in a few years and don't plan on buying one in the future.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I will be sad if Career mode isn't in PC, but... hey, we'll be able to mod in actual Titantrons and stuff easily enough, probably.

Stardust vs Cody Rhodes, anyone? :v:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I know we talked about this before, probably on my own prompting, but there's still no custom music on the next-gen systems right?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

flashy_mcflash posted:

I know we talked about this before, probably on my own prompting, but there's still no custom music on the next-gen systems right?
Nope.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I hope there's a lot of backstage interactions in MyCareer mode. Looking forward to beating up members of the production crew that racially abuse you.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I hope MyCareer has you deal with last minute script re-writes and punishments for getting over on your own on Twitter.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

nope. the PS4 doesn't even have CD support iirc lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cardboard Box posted:

nope. the PS4 doesn't even have CD support iirc lmao

The PS4 having CD support would be like the PS3 having VHS support so yeah that makes sense.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah i know i just think its funny that people were so mad about it. my reaction was "who even owns physical CDs anymore"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah i know i just think its funny that people were so mad about it. my reaction was "who even owns physical CDs anymore"

Is the PS4 not being able to read CDs being used as an excuse for no custom music? Because there's a couple USB ports where I can plug in a stick that has about 300 hours of music on it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Is the PS4 not being able to read CDs being used as an excuse for no custom music? Because there's a couple USB ports where I can plug in a stick that has about 300 hours of music on it.

Yeah same, actually I didn't even do that with my PS3 - I downloaded a bunch of my music from my media centre wirelessly, which would be a nice thing to do with one of these new-fangled gaming gizmos.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

i don't really know, i don't own one

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

rovert in the NXT thread posted:

Sami Zayn loves CJ Parker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlsnYjmHE_c

8 minute mark. Haven't listened to them all yet. Aubrey did a good job interviewing them. Was happy that Bill Demott listened Becky Lynch on the breakout list. She normally gets forgotten in stuff like this.

At the start of this interview Sami mentions that he's unlockable in the Career mode and that he was playing it on a console that didn't have him unlocked, makes me wonder if the NXT guys are available on the current system. hopefully so anyway.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
PS4 is having some form of media transfer added in... eventually. There is absolutely no word on when it will be added, how it will work or if games will be able to make use of it. And of course even if it's added fairly soon and games can use it, it would be up to the developers of already-existing games to patch this functionality into their games. (Including WWE2k15.) But Sony has acknowledged the requests for it.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Looks like the PC Mod is alive and more awesome than anyone could imagine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltt1V21XnKQ

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I don't know if anyone has ever posted this before, but I saw this today.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/crazy-taxi-city-rush-hulk/id794507331?mt=8

There are no words.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Raffles posted:

I hope there's a lot of backstage interactions in MyCareer mode. Looking forward to beating up members of the production crew that racially abuse you.

I want to drop crates on Hogan backstage.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Mayostard posted:

Sometimes I swear wrestling game developers watch one episode of WWE programming and then base the whole game off that.

"Oh, HHH tried dropping a box on the one guy backstage once? Well that must happen all the time!!!"

"This guy did this move once in a match so surely it must be his signature manoeuvre, let's have him do it all the time"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mayostard posted:

Evict Sting from the Rafters using sneaky real estate tactics that only work in the wrestling universe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Quasipox posted:

I don't know if anyone has ever posted this before, but I saw this today.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/crazy-taxi-city-rush-hulk/id794507331?mt=8

There are no words.

I hope it replaces the Offspring with Hulk Hogan's Wrestling Boot Band.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

I will be sad if Career mode isn't in PC, but... hey, we'll be able to mod in actual Titantrons and stuff easily enough, probably.

Stardust vs Cody Rhodes, anyone? :v:

If someone like Gibbed is kind enough to make some modding tools, I'll probably doing a lot more than that, especially if they allow me to add new animations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm wondering what the presence of manager characters is going to be like. Do we know if Zeb is in the game in any capacity?

I'd love the ability to assign a CAW manager. Mostly so I can create Joey Styles and AJ Styles and pair them with AJ Lee to make my dream stable of AJ AJ Styles Styles.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

sticklefifer posted:

I'm wondering what the presence of manager characters is going to be like. Do we know if Zeb is in the game in any capacity?

I'd love the ability to assign a CAW manager. Mostly so I can create Joey Styles and AJ Styles and pair them with AJ Lee to make my dream stable of AJ AJ Styles Styles.
That would be awesome.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 2, 2014

cams
Mar 28, 2003

So, completely by surprise, the next People's Championship mode starts tomorrow at midnight PST. It is Chris Jericho vs Randy Orton... for some reason. I'll probably be going Jericho.

It also introduces several new cards as well for each side, including Legendary Dolph and Miz, Epic Cesaro and Sheamus, a new UR Paige, and a few others, INCLUDING STARDUST (on Orton side noooooo). The prize ranges have also been heightened. Top 850 get a Gold Legendary now, top 5 get a pair. All in all, I'm pretty excited.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Side with orton, get between 50001-70000 and get Stardust.
Or get the 2x Moneymaker Miz.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Why would anyone play Jericho when they could get Stardust or Cesaro by playing Orton?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

I Before E posted:

Why would anyone play Jericho when they could get Stardust or Cesaro by playing Orton?

Because Jericho used to be kind of cool like 15+ years ago and nostalgia is pretty powerful for wrestling fans.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

As much as it pains me I am also going to be on Orton's side because I want Stardust real bad even though I'll never use him.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I guess that is a neat way to balance it. Go with Jericho (who everyone would side with) for a crappy prize or go with loving Orton for a good prize.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Ugh this game keeps giving me diva cards. This past week I've gotten two epic divas and one UR.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
My Max Pro Epic Orton is steamrolling fools left and right so y'all can take your hate elsewhere :colbert:

That said, I'd rather support Jericho, but at the tiers I would likely end up at, Orton's prizes are better.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm siding with Jericho because I don't want even more Paiges

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I like all of the dudes on the Orton side but I've built my deck around blue diamond, not yellow, so I'm totally hosed here. Unless I switch to yellow all of the sudden.

E: never mind, I apparently can't remember poo poo about poo poo. Orton's side also has Rusev so toot toot everybody on the Orton train.

Sockser fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Oh god, they increased the number of people who can get Diamond Legendary just enough that I might consider trying to get it.