Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

PuTTY riot posted:

not to get all morbid but it was 00 buckshot. she didn't hurt.

goddamn

most people use a handgun because you can hold it outside of your field of vision

but yeah that would've been quick, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
depression sucks

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

prefect posted:

i could never kill myself as long as my parents were still alive. for whatever ridiculous reason, they seem to like me, and making them sad like that would be a terrible thing

kill you are parents first

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

goddamn

most people use a handgun because you can hold it outside of your field of vision

but yeah that would've been quick, at least

At least she never had to work for Zynga.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

kill you are parents first

ron paul 2012

Pan Transforming
Jun 18, 2010

simulated load
I barely knew her, but I tried to help. I PMed her once when she was having a bout with depression and kept checking my PMs, but a response never came and I stopped looking.
I even live in the same city.

:(

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

coffeetable posted:

also at a completely different level, posting your suicide note to yospos jesus loving christ

if any of you feel like that's something you'd do, your life is hosed up. get a hobby and make some friends

this is a v unusual post tbh

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
I never know how to react to poo poo like this. But goddamn. drat. Idk what else to say. I'm sad now.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

As always, Targeted Advertising carries on.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

coffeetable posted:

also at a completely different level, posting your suicide note to yospos jesus loving christ

if any of you feel like that's something you'd do, your life is hosed up. get a hobby and make some friends

also at a completely different level, posting your personal opinions about where one chooses to post the final loving contact they have with humanity jesus loving christ

yospos has grown to be more important than funy computer and you're an obtuse jackass if you don't see that

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

how long ago did this happen

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Citizen Tayne posted:

As always, Targeted Advertising carries on.

its ok to laugh at this btw.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

theadder posted:

its p bad yeah but its not the only one

Jonny 290 posted:

also at a completely different level, posting your personal opinions about where one chooses to post the final loving contact they have with humanity jesus loving christ

yospos has grown to be more important than funy computer and you're an obtuse jackass if you don't see that

yeah this

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

theadder posted:

how long ago did this happen

like 2 hours ago

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonny 290 posted:

i don't think it was meant as a cruel thing, more an expression of "please get some real help"

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

yospos is funny computer and people shouldn't take the internet seriously, especially the internet thats focused around Serious Opinions On Apple Products

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i mocked a person this morning who ended up carrying out their suicide plans today

drat

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
time to go home. gonna hug my wife and daughter and puppies and be thankful that they're all still here.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

theadder posted:

Jonny 290 posted:

PCjr sidecar posted:

its p bad yeah but its not the only one

yeah this
jesus christ how invested are you people in this place

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i mocked a person this morning who ended up carrying out their suicide plans today

drat

you probably realize this but she was already going to do it. like, what happened was obviously not a cry for help, or attention, or whatever.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

drat

don't turn all english because of it

Wanda, do you have any idea what it's like being English? Being so correct all the time, being so stifled by this dread of, of doing the wrong thing, of saying to someone "Are you married?" and hearing "My wife left me this morning," or saying, uh, "Do you have children?" and being told they all burned to death on Wednesday. You see, Wanda, we'll all terrified of embarrassment. That's why we're so... dead. Most of my friends are dead, you know, we have these piles of corpses to dinner.

but yeah, i get the feeling :sympathy:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah

enough people spend enough time here that we're not strangers, there's a bond

there's a difference between e-friends and in-person friends, but e-friends are pretty great in a lot of ways

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

drat

it was in motion for a while already.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
efriends are nice and all but they're no substitute for meat friends, as evidenced by all the crushingly lonely computer janitors resident here

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

coffeetable posted:

people will get attached to communities that they become involved with, even when those communities originate in silly poo poo like computer jokes

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

coffeetable posted:

efriends are nice and all but they're no substitute for meat friends, as evidenced by all the crushingly lonely computer janitors resident here

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

hey damiya, I'm not gonna forget you. you're beautiful and amazing and don't you ever forget that. I hope you're at peace

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I had a long post but basically i've been where she was and i'm glad i have someone who kept me out of that mindset for the past two years because i might've done that myself

i think i'm going to do homework now and/or play lego games to try to cheer up, laters

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

coffeetable posted:

you take what you can get :shrug:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

PuTTY riot posted:

you probably realize this but she was already going to do it. like, what happened was obviously not a cry for help, or attention, or whatever.

oh yeah i know it's just kinda gross

hey, how much did the catte thread guy post about it

did he contribute at all or was he just a lurker who popped in to mention how the kitties gave him some insufficient glimmer of hope before logging out for good

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

coffeetable posted:

about as invested as anyone with sympathy and working emotions would be after talking to each other on the Internet a while, which isn't a lot.
I'm saying you're kind of broken.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

coffeetable posted:

this place paid for half of my wedding, bankrolled my ccna, and got me to move out of the south

pretty fuckin invested

pointers
Sep 4, 2008

prefect posted:

i don't think it was meant as a cruel thing, more an expression of "please get some real help"
i think if you have not experienced mental illness, it can be difficult to understand how it makes up reasons for why you do not deserve/need help, and how difficult it is to get past that when you barely have the energy to get out of bed, eat food, etc

Jonny 290 posted:

to roommate asking why i was sad: 'i think u underestimate the solidarity of the lovely computer jobs forum daycrew thread'

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i was catching up on the thread and just got to when people were trying to contact the PD... clicked next and the thread was gone. gently caress :(

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

coffeetable posted:

enough that i'm not going to suggest that a member of the community who commited suicide less than five hours ago needed to go out and get more friends and a hobby

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
also resurrected my music career (cmon relative_q i know you can do it buddy) and caused me to get more cats than i would have otherwise

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

I'm saying you're kind of broken.

different people are going to react to things in different ways

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
basically this place owns and ilu all lets all stick around for a long time eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
drat she could've at least killed a banker or insurance executive on her way out

what a waste

• Locked thread