Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

Circa's branding is ugly and belongs nowhere but a trash can.

Also, I feel like this thread is pretty sparse because it's hard to find. I'd put a link in the final post of the old thread.

It's also hard to find because it has the poo poo Post tag instead of the Apple one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I tried out Swiftkey for a bit. Nice features but it seemed to really jank up the whole phone experience, at least on a 5C. There was some weird behavior like the keyboard disappearing while trying to type in the Safari search bar. And it was a pain to switch back to the main keyboard just to get to the emojis. I'll probably be avoiding 3rd party keyboards unless the integration gets smoothed out.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Popkey Gif Keyboard hit the app store today. (Free)

I have now tried 2 Gif keyboards and I guess I am disappoint (a little...) that they are not actually keyboards but instead "Press here to copy, long press up here and select paste to paste" boards.

Otherwise, just fine and dandy.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Feenix posted:

Popkey Gif Keyboard hit the app store today. (Free)

I have now tried 2 Gif keyboards and I guess I am disappoint (a little...) that they are not actually keyboards but instead "Press here to copy, long press up here and select paste to paste" boards.

Otherwise, just fine and dandy.

Don't devs have access to the camera roll? Couldn't someone make a keyboard that just pasted images from the camera roll and make it accessible across apps and also useful?

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

ScarletBrother posted:

It's also hard to find because it has the poo poo Post tag instead of the Apple one.

:(

noirstronaut posted:

Also, I feel like this thread is pretty sparse because it's hard to find. I'd put a link in the final post of the old thread.

Good advice. I'll do that.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
Tweetbot update is out, I'm pretty blown away it didn't take them 3 months.

silly
Jul 15, 2004

"I saw it get by the mound, and I saw Superman at second base."

Nask26 posted:

Looks super nice on the 6

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nask26 posted:

Still waiting on the iOS 7 update for the iPad version.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

silly posted:

I feel what it must like to have lasik eye surgery. Handful of apps left to go

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

silly posted:

Oh man, I just updated and it really does. I'm so glad they finally updated it.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I'm almost shocked Paul didn't try to get $5 more out of us for this update.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Am I the only one whose having YouTube layout issues on the iphone 6. Like the keyboard will be in landscape when nothing else is and there are gaps in the ui. Been using Jasmine for the most part instead which is fine if a bit bare bones.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Is jacked up pdf attachments a common issue in the stock mail app?

Was like that in iOS 7 and 8 on both iPhone and iPad.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Nask26 posted:

So it said something about share sheet support in the App Store info.

Is that supposed to mean you can share out of Safari (or whatever other app) straight into Tweetbot? If so I'm not finding it, as it doesn't show up in the list of share extensions I could enable.

If not, what does it mean?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kitten smoothie posted:

So it said something about share sheet support in the App Store info.

Is that supposed to mean you can share out of Safari (or whatever other app) straight into Tweetbot? If so I'm not finding it, as it doesn't show up in the list of share extensions I could enable.

If not, what does it mean?
Tap on a tweet and hit the Share button. You know how it used to say stuff like Copy Tweet and Email Tweet? Now you can message it, mail it, share it to Facebook, add it to your reading list, open it in Safari, etc.

The entire menu was changed to look like/behave in line with the iOS style.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 1, 2014

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Really should change the poo poo post tag on this thread.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Tap on a tweet and hit the Share button. You know how it used to say stuff like Copy Tweet and Email Tweet? Now you can message it, mail it, share it to Facebook, add it to your reading list, open it in Safari, etc.
Aww. I thought it was the other way around, so I could share links into Tweetbot rather than using iOS' native Twitter support :(

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why is the text so closely together in Tweetbot? It looks like a solid body of text.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kitten smoothie posted:

Aww. I thought it was the other way around, so I could share links into Tweetbot rather than using iOS' native Twitter support :(
I just went into Safari and opened a page up and tried to see if you could do that, but nope, no dice :( Even in the "More" section, Tweetbot's not listed as one of the actions you can take.

But you can copy a link from the share sheet in Safari and then open up Tweetbot and paste it into a tweet. I know that's not as intuitive, but it does work.

noirstronaut posted:

Why is the text so closely together in Tweetbot? It looks like a solid body of text.
....doesn't look like that at all to me :confused:

Maybe try changing your Text Size in the Display Settings for the app and see if that changes anything.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

blakout posted:

Am I the only one whose having YouTube layout issues on the iphone 6. Like the keyboard will be in landscape when nothing else is and there are gaps in the ui. Been using Jasmine for the most part instead which is fine if a bit bare bones.

I'm having those same issues, but can't deal w/o Chromecast support. Jasmine is starting to feel like abandonware.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I just went into Safari and opened a page up and tried to see if you could do that, but nope, no dice :( Even in the "More" section, Tweetbot's not listed as one of the actions you can take.

But you can copy a link from the share sheet in Safari and then open up Tweetbot and paste it into a tweet. I know that's not as intuitive, but it does work.
....doesn't look like that at all to me :confused:

Maybe try changing your Text Size in the Display Settings for the app and see if that changes anything.

I messed with it a bit. It all just looks cluttered and seamed together.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Digital Jesus posted:

Really should change the poo poo post tag on this thread.

Should I PM a mod? I've never forgotten to change it before.

EDIT: Thanks mod(s)

Thirst Mutilator fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 1, 2014

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Man, the transit widget is awesome.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

tuyop posted:

Man, the transit widget is awesome.

It doesn't display anything for me. Just has the 'Nearby Lines' header.

Also it seems that Embark nyc is dead. The service advisories page doesn't work. I know that it's no longer in development as Apple bought the team, but I liked it for being able to look at the standard subway map. If transit app could display all lines at once it would be useful.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
I'm about to abandon Pepperplate for Evernote, but before I do I should ask - are there any good recipe organisation apps for iphone?

Pepperplate would be great if it was actually still updated, could add tags and organize in a way that wasn't clunky as hell, and could import and export easier.

I've tried Evernote Food and don't care for the interface compared to regular Evernote's.

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?

Leospeare posted:

I'm about to abandon Pepperplate for Evernote, but before I do I should ask - are there any good recipe organisation apps for iphone?

Never heard of Pepperplate, but it looks like it's totally posing and failing to be Paprika

Mastodon Henley fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 2, 2014

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

aeiou posted:

Also it seems that Embark nyc is dead. The service advisories page doesn't work. I know that it's no longer in development as Apple bought the team, but I liked it for being able to look at the standard subway map. If transit app could display all lines at once it would be useful.
It works for me, but all it shows me is buses and as far as I can tell, there's no way to configure which buses you actually want to see. I wish it had a way to favorite certain lines, so I can see the ones relevant to me first.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Google maps does that pretty well in my area.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

aeiou posted:

That's weird.

Two of those lines are like a kilometer away, so it's useful for working out walking time as well. Google maps is still how I plan trips, but this is great for checking a bus's time when I'm standing at a stop.

I'm thinking of killing that Evernote widget. I never use it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I turned off the Evernote widget when I realized I was hitting it on accident way more than I was actually using it, which was never.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

Endless Mike posted:

It works for me, but all it shows me is buses and as far as I can tell, there's no way to configure which buses you actually want to see. I wish it had a way to favorite certain lines, so I can see the ones relevant to me first.

You can favorite lines by, in the main app, clicking on a line, then pressing the star button in the middle of the drop down. They should float to the top of the near by lines. However according to the developer's twitter it looks like there are some issues getting data synced between the app and the widget. Probably whats affecting me too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

aeiou posted:

You can favorite lines by, in the main app, clicking on a line, then pressing the star button in the middle of the drop down. They should float to the top of the near by lines. However according to the developer's twitter it looks like there are some issues getting data synced between the app and the widget. Probably whats affecting me too.
Never even noticed that. Thanks!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress the new Tweetbot update. it's too large. it completely obscures the top of the phone's display. pos.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ICHIBAHN posted:

gently caress the new Tweetbot update. it's too large. it completely obscures the top of the phone's display. pos.
What are you even talking about?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
dude

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Tweetbot is just an Android app that uses Helvetica.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I mean this, this is what the top of my iPhone 6 screen looks like when using Tweetbot. The top of the client and the status bar is cut off.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

I mean this, this is what the top of my iPhone 6 screen looks like when using Tweetbot. The top of the client and the status bar is cut off.

Does it go away when you decrease the size of your text?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It does not look like that on my iPhone 6. Maybe uninstall and reinstall?

Or yeah, try decreasing text size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'll try that, hermanos. Bless you.

Ok, reduced the size to their suggested font and that fixed the obscuring issue. The app still hides the top status bar though which is quite frankly rude as gently caress.

ICHIBAHN fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 2, 2014