Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You weren't jailed, I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It said, specifically, that you were jailed?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
See guys if you hadn't shot holes all up in my plan then the dude who visited me would come hat in hand begging for an antidote.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Magnus Gallant posted:

See guys if you hadn't shot holes all up in my plan then the dude who visited me would come hat in hand begging for an antidote.

They probably wouldn't give themselves up for an obvious lie because then they'd become a target.

Either way your gambit was a flimsy and dumb one.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

They probably wouldn't give themselves up for an obvious lie because then they'd become a target.

Either way your gambit was a flimsy and dumb one.

Nope it was smart. If only the way the roles worked wasn't stated in the OP

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Magnus Gallant posted:

But they are, so it was dumb.

In any case I kind of believe you are the poisoner now and just did a dumb thing without reading the OP.

##unvote

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Magnus Gallant posted:

C'mon. Obviously this was a poor choice; roles have literally been in the OP since day one. Reading them was the first thing you did. Try just admitting it was dumb! We'll forgive you.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Epsilon Plus posted:

C'mon. Obviously this was a poor choice; roles have literally been in the OP since day one. Reading them was the first thing you did. Try just admitting it was dumb! We'll forgive you.

I think mags whole thing was fake, but this is also super fake.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Epsilon, who do you think is scummy?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

An excellent question!

Magnus would be a pretty obvious choice but I'm undecided on him - he could have just made a poor choice with his roleclaim, but now that we're cooling a bit on him he may be getting away scot-free. The only way to know 100% is if someone comes forward as a sheriff or investigator, which I would not recommend. I'm not a super great mafia player so making a call is difficult. I also want to know why he's not pushing TT again as he was So Sure on the previous day.

Mostly I'm suspicious of anyone who didn't vote D1 - mfcrocker, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom and Poison Mushroom didn't vote. Pintrest Mom is dead, Opopanax is talking a bit, PM is quiet but could be at work or something? Not sure how I feel about that.

If you forced me to guess I'd pick Magnus Gallant, Opopanax, Poison Mushroom and Somberbrero (maybe not all mafia - one could be an arsonist or something I dunno). Ask me again D3?

Also since we're engaged in a dialog:

mfcrocker posted:

So you don't think any other good could come out of D1 that you wanted it over that quickly?

Pretty much! I'm here to play, not dither around while inevitable votes slowly trickle in. I was on the fence for lynch/no-lynch to begin with. The only person I would have wanted to vote was Magnus but it was obvious that wasn't going to happen.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Even though Epsilon is scum, we need to lynch Magnus anyway. I don't really care what order we do that in, either is kind of unfortunate since both those players are active.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Even though Epsilon is scum, we need to lynch Magnus anyway. I don't really care what order we do that in, either is kind of unfortunate since both those players are active.

Why do I need to die?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Why do I need to die?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

It said, specifically, that you were jailed?

yes

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

that's interesting. Magnus didn't know whether he was roleblocked or jailed. That seems inconsistent. We should lynch Magnus.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I assumed he misunderstood me being jailed for him being roleblocked but idk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I could also believe a town jailer and scum rb

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

that's interesting. Magnus didn't know whether he was roleblocked or jailed. That seems inconsistent. We should lynch Magnus.

No I knew I was roleblocked, but a jailor doctors and roleblocks. So :shrug:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Magnus Gallant posted:

Why do I need to die?

Even if you're town you are a massive liability. I don't want you around in lynch-lose.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Why do I need to die?

Your opinions are inconsistent and wishy-washy. Your posting seems forced and fake.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I could also believe a town jailer and scum rb

Yeah that's a possible combination according to the OP but it's weird that Met would say "Tremendous Taste, you got jailed!" but also "Magnus Gallant, your action failed! :iiam:"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Even if you're town you are a massive liability. I don't want you around in lynch-lose.

Your opinions are inconsistent and wishy-washy. Your posting seems forced and fake.

Yeah that's a possible combination according to the OP but it's weird that Met would say "Tremendous Taste, you got jailed!" but also "Magnus Gallant, your action failed! :iiam:"

tbf magnus has either clarified or lied better

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Magnus Gallant posted:

No I knew I was roleblocked, but a jailor doctors and roleblocks. So :shrug:

oh

That's weird, the way I've always used Jailor is that it makes the target untargetable and unable to take actions, so investigations and such would also fail.

hm

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

oh

That's weird, the way I've always used Jailor is that it makes the target untargetable and unable to take actions, so investigations and such would also fail.

hm

It's most commonly a RB/doctor mix

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also the OP specifically states that

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you can't tell me what a jailor is opopanax.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

It's how this player plays the game :shrug: I like to take a wait and see approach on all things in my life. We've got 48 hours to work with, so I might as well mull things over.

Somberbrero posted:

This is some reasoning I can get behind, however - if Magnus starts poisoning people along with lynches and nightkills, we're gonna bleed dry pretty quick. Even if only on odd nights, it's a risk.

##vote Magnus Gallant

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

you can't tell me what a jailor is opopanax.

I know all.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I know all.

not every jailer fits in your box, man

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

An excellent question!

Magnus would be a pretty obvious choice but I'm undecided on him - he could have just made a poor choice with his roleclaim, but now that we're cooling a bit on him he may be getting away scot-free. The only way to know 100% is if someone comes forward as a sheriff or investigator, which I would not recommend. I'm not a super great mafia player so making a call is difficult. I also want to know why he's not pushing TT again as he was So Sure on the previous day.

Mostly I'm suspicious of anyone who didn't vote D1 - mfcrocker, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom and Poison Mushroom didn't vote. Pintrest Mom is dead, Opopanax is talking a bit, PM is quiet but could be at work or something? Not sure how I feel about that.

If you forced me to guess I'd pick Magnus Gallant, Opopanax, Poison Mushroom and Somberbrero (maybe not all mafia - one could be an arsonist or something I dunno). Ask me again D3?

Also since we're engaged in a dialog:

Pretty much! I'm here to play, not dither around while inevitable votes slowly trickle in. I was on the fence for lynch/no-lynch to begin with. The only person I would have wanted to vote was Magnus but it was obvious that wasn't going to happen.

Epsilon it is weird that you hemmed and hawwed over whether or not to vote Magnus and hovered around to see what the popular opinion would be, especially when you make a very good point in regards to Magnus & TT. It's weird that you assume one of your scumlist would be a third party, unprompted. What about anyone there indicates third-party behavior? It's weird that you think I'm scum when I don't match your previously established criterion, which is not having voted day one.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I thought Magnus' push on me yesterday was really weird and insincere but idk how much of that was OMGUS

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I feel strongly that Magnus is third party, his claim attempted to discourage both town and scum from targeting him at night.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I feel strongly that Magnus is third party, his claim attempted to discourage both town and scum from targeting him at night.

If he's scum though he doesn't have to worry about scum trying to target him and could just say the same thing

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I don't understand agreeing that Mag is a town role AND voting to lynch them.

Town should be vying for not_town lynches.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Epsilon it is weird that you hemmed and hawwed over whether or not to vote Magnus and hovered around to see what the popular opinion would be, especially when you make a very good point in regards to Magnus & TT.

Honestly, you made a better point than I did. I didn't think about a lynch-lose situation. If you don't want people following you, try being stupid like me.

Somberbrero posted:

It's weird that you assume one of your scumlist would be a third party, unprompted. What about anyone there indicates third-party behavior? It's weird that you think I'm scum when I don't match your previously established criterion, which is not having voted day one.

Statistics? I'm assuming there's 4 scum, 2 third parties and 7 town (or maybe 3/2/8 I dunno). I know neutral roles are in the game so I "budgeted" for it. More important, I was asked who I think is suspicious - not who I think is scum. Third parties can harm the town and we should be on the lookout for them!

I think you're potential scum given your posting, plus a bit of gut feeling. I'm not pointing a finger; I think it's too early to do that.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Lampsacus posted:

The point is that he lied so people are suspicious of him, I personally think it fits right in with Magnus, character wise, to try to pull a gambit like that but not read the op, as town.

I really think he was just trying to do something he thought was smart at the time.

Coupled with the fact that poisoning can be more detrimental to town than scum,
People are voting him.

I'd like to wait because I'd rather lynch scum than a dumb town Magnus.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Magnus is probably the new cultist

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My guess is mags is the arsonist and felt poisoner would be a good fake claim. Or if we're going way out,mis scum who tried to kill TT and was trying to out a doc

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Lampsacus posted:

what on earth is this

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Opopanax posted:

My guess is mags is the arsonist and felt poisoner would be a good fake claim. Or if we're going way out,mis scum who tried to kill TT and was trying to out a doc
I think that arsonist thing is what capps did in the last game too

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Epsilon Plus posted:

It's how this player plays the game :shrug: I like to take a wait and see approach on all things in my life. We've got 48 hours to work with, so I might as well mull things over.

So you want to mull things over but wanted Day 1 over ASAP? Yeah, okay buddy

##unvote
##vote Epsilon Plus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Day 1 was dead and done before I even voted. I like to think things through but when the only real option is to vote no-lynch I'll take it. The only person I wanted to pull for was Magnus but that obviously wasn't happening.

• Locked thread