Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

coffeetable posted:

how do i tell if my program has an infinite loop in it

ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i posted about this before but someone requested more info about it so i wrote a lot of dumb text about it

my yospos as hell smoker set up: http://imgur.com/a/JxwpO

owns

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

cool it works

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

before

after

Not too bad. Few things I will do differently next time. I am glad I made the choice to boil the bitter hops for only half the time.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol dont smoke

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

BONGHITZ posted:

lol dont smoke

well, smoke weed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

syntaxrigger posted:

before

after

Not too bad. Few things I will do differently next time. I am glad I made the choice to boil the bitter hops for only half the time.

at first i hoped youy were brewing cactus

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

syntaxrigger posted:

before

after

yay home brewed beer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how do you feel about home brewed cactus

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

syntaxrigger posted:

before

after

I'm the used tag

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

i got bored and wanted to learn more c# so i made a windows 8 thing if you want to know how much your tf2 and dota poo poo is worth

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh god i think i figured it out

im about to unleash yosbrowser

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

wowzers!

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Jonny 290 posted:

this is cool. are you screen scraping?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

i dont understand the capitalizations of the poo poo at the bottom

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

chmods please posted:

this is cool. are you screen scraping?

yeah its the only way in cause admins wont give us a god drat api

the interface is dynamic too, it scales up till it gets all of page 1, then adds padding.
heres what it looks like on a ~100x48 iterm2

its a window based system (main window, posts and unbordered menu) and i can make stuff pop in and out. if you want to fullscreen it and give me like a 200x50 window i can fit the whole forum index, your twitter, local weather and #yospos in one console window, with nonblocking i/o and partial screen redraws on updates

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

are you currently posting from it

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

ill never have to use a lovely web browser again. this is really cool, jonny.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
now make it green

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Bloody posted:

are you currently posting from it

not yet

but i have a per-user data store on here that i can add arbitrary key/value poo poo to, so users could enter in their cookies and post and get unread counts and poo poo. thats the next step

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
also since this is such a fast low bandwidth data channel its very feasible that we could write an ios app that could have realtime interaction. ansi is basically just a markup language

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

also since this is such a fast low bandwidth data channel its very feasible that we could write an ios app that could have realtime interaction. ansi is basically just a markup language

lol brb porting it to commodore 64

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jonny 290 posted:

:gowron:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

:eyepop:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Luigi Thirty posted:

lol brb porting it to commodore 64

it would work

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I mean if you could fit it in 30kb you could use the contiki TCP/IP stack and do it in C with cc65

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

echinopsis posted:

at first i hoped youy were brewing cactus

cactus?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Jonny 290 posted:

holy moly

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ya dog

path to englightment

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

echinopsis posted:

ya dog

path to englightment

ah

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I made two new paintings for jonny.

Here's how you use them:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh my god

thats

i dont even know what to say

current project status:

yosbrowser looking at cjs

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

oh my god

thats

i dont even know what to say

current project status:

yosbrowser looking at cjs

in it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

longview
Dec 25, 2006

heh.
no saturday is complete without some solderin'

while cleaning I noticed I had a bunch of RMS power detector ICs that i hadn't used for anything yet, so I made a T/R relay for the hotspot

I bought a few shielded reed relays while toying with the idea of adding LNAs to everything, they're normally open SPST, originally I drew up schematics for a system that would switch the DC level on one line to signal switching, but that seemed like too much work to wire up now

RX at the top, then antenna, and TX, I added a bias tee to the RX port since the receiver already has wiring to support DC on the coax that I use to power a in-line LNA, there's also a 12V input on the right with some diode ORing and a 5V regulator

to detect when to switch I rely on the transmitter having to ramp up the power levels, the power detector taps off a small signal from the transmitter via a resistive divider (47k/47R) and the AD8307 detects the signal and produces a linear-in-dB voltage, that power signal goes more or less unfiltered to a dual comparator that enables the TX relay and turns off the RX relay at the same time. the LEDs indicate which relay is active

since the detector has a huge input range and fast response times I can set the trip level to be 10-100x lower than full power, hopefully turning on the relay fully before the transmitter reaches full power. with no shielding there's enough RF pickup in the open line that I can tune it to be activated by a HT several meters away, hopefully that "feature" goes away when I add some copper tape shielding

testing worked the first time, a test at near full power worked without breaking the LNA on the RX line which suggests there's little overlap between the RX and TX relays (otherwise the ~50W TX signal would have destroyed the LNA)

later I'll build it into a box and add some waterproofing so it can be mounted near the antenna

this has a lot of fun use cases, for example it could work nicely as a cheapass diplexer in a mobile installation, connecting a APRS tracker to the same antenna as a transceiver, with dual detectors the APRS tracker could be allowed to transmit only when the primary rig is receiving

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

wow jonny this super owns

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

it needs to include avatars somehow. pos by poster name looks awful.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

did anyone save the original black/green yospos mockup graphic with the ascii avs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

in it voted 5