Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Stelas posted:

And yeah, I would love to run a Voltaire game but I think first I'd run a standard conquest, just with Lost Legion attached. Or maybe a co-op, actually, that would be fun.

Voltaire could potentially be an even greater threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Arythea uses a Blue and Black and blows the gently caress out of them for Ice 8, taking a wound. Artifact choices are on Arythea's board.

Norowas Mana Searches... and doesn't get what he desires. I'm just gonna quote this, this is silly:

Norowas CO posted:

Play Improvisation (powered if possible), discarding Ice Shield. Buy Herbalists. Use Herbalists to ready Illusionists. Use Illusionists for Influence 4. Spend 6 influence (playing [REDACTED] sideways if necessary) to heal self and Foresters. End turn.

Elves, man. Norowas successfully powers Improvisation and has drawn his last card.

Tovak's Turn

Norowas (Gutter Owl) - 3/5 hand, 0 deck.
Tovak (HOOLY BOOLY) - 5 hand, 5 deck.
Goldyx (Impermanent) - 5 hand, 3 deck.
Arythea (Istvun) - 5 hand, 5 deck.
Unit Offer | Fame/Reputation Track | City Listing

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Impermanent posted:

Oh, for sure, it'd more be to check I've got the expansion rules down. I've only played it a few times myself so I'm still spotty on bits of it, especially the new rules on what can be played when.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Impermanent posted:

Hmm… 10pt swift brutal poison assassination cold-fire attack? Entirely accurate or far too much? I mean, some of his plays were pretty mean in how they portrayed people.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
He has an ability where he can defend to the death any unit on the board, no matter what they're saying doing.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Also, I would appreciate it if Norowas would kindly step away from the mage tower before anyone gets hurt.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tippis posted:

Hmm… 10pt swift brutal poison assassination cold-fire attack? Entirely accurate or far too much? I mean, some of his plays were pretty mean in how they portrayed people.

here i have made a present for you, it is volkaire at his lowest recommended level for 4-player co-op

Yes, you fight everything at once.

e: oh right and he starts recruiting more keep tokens as you go through the game.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 3, 2014

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Stelas posted:

here i have made a present for you, it is volkaire at his lowest recommended level for 4-player co-op

Yes, you fight everything at once.

Oh I know. We're just being snide and mean to you because you called him Voltaire rather than Volkare. :angel:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Whoops. I'm mildly embarrassed it took me that long to notice. Volkaire's a silly name, anyway.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Yeah I honestly have no idea how to pronounce it IRL. I've been using Vole(like mole)-car-eyyyy

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
I just ignore the I and mentally think of him as Vol-care. Why does he kill you? Because He Cares.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Istvun posted:

I just ignore the I and mentally think of him as Vol-care. Why does he kill you? Because He Cares.

Vole-care? Maybe he's just annoyed that those meddling mages keep trying to bring entire armies down every hole in the ground they find, and it keeps upsetting the rodents.

So now it's payback time.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I'm going to go full on Midnight Meditation and replace my entire hand please.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Hands updated.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I'm gonna fight that Orc next to me

No ranged or block, but i believe i only get 1 wound because of armor?

As much as i'd hate to actually use it so soon, i Use my crystal to power up Rage and kill this orc in one fell swing

i end my turn there since i can't attack and move in one turn, that'd really exhausting!

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
just move first and provoke the orc, it's 53% more fun

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Goldyx's Turn

Goldyx (Impermanent) - 5 hand, 3 deck.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 4, 2014

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I play Improvisation and discard my spell to move to the red mana crystal mine east of me. Then I attack the goblins SE of the vilage, taking the two wounds and playing both of my rages to deal 4 damage, killing them.

Then I use a blue mana die from the source and play concentration to gain a white mana crystal.

I level and take Ice Bolt.

Impermanent fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 4, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Arythea's Turn

Have I mentioned how nice it is to not have to repeat people's actions back? I swear, that takes the most time of an entire update in COC, especially later.

Goldyx picks up a red crystal from the mine for good measure, and two wounds to hand.
Goldyx levels, taking Ice Bolt from the offer and gaining a skill.
Goldyx flips Flight (once per round, move one space for 0 move or two for 2 move) and Green Crystal Craft (once per round, generate a blue crystal and a green mana).

Goldyx (Impermanent) - 5 hand, 1 deck, skill choice.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Well, time to go places.

Use a blue mana from the source to play a powered Frost Bridge and the gold mana from my Amulet of Sun to power Steady Tempo. Move East x2 and explore the new fancy tile.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Arythea's Turn

A core tile has been revealed! Elite units will start appearing next round!
Arythea's Amulet of the Sun lights up the land, revealing all ruins.

Arythea (Istvun) - 2 hand, 4 deck, 3 move left, lakes + swamps move 1.

e: Please note I accidentally revealed the keep garrison. It's been replaced with a new random pog.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 4, 2014

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
That is not precisely what I wanted to see flip up.

Anyways Move onto the glade, discard my wound.

Let steady tempo finally go away.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Norowas's Turn

By CO, Norowas explores to the east using his Foresters' move 2.

Norowas (Gutter Owl) - 3/5 hand, 0 deck, forests/hills/swamps -1 move.
Arythea (Istvun) - 5 hand, 0 deck.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 4, 2014

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Eh, not what I was hoping for.

Challenge the orcs. Use white die, play Swiftness (powered) for Ranged Attack 3, snipe the chump in the shooting phase. End turn.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tovak's Turn

Norowas (Gutter Owl) - 2/5 hand, 0 deck.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Just as was predicted, the mulligan has come to bite me in the backside in terms of keeping up with the new stuff :(

Well let's see if we can't catch back up. with the source, Power up March for 4, play Stamina for 2 and sideways Threaten for 7 Move

Put me back in between those middle villages

On second thought, same moves but move on to that village on the very edge of the map

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 4, 2014

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I take flight.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Just as was predicted, the mulligan has come to bite me in the backside in terms of keeping up with the new stuff :(

Well let's see if we can't catch back up. with the source, Power up March for 4, play Stamina for 2 and sideways Threaten for 7 Move

Put me back in between those middle villages

You know you can keep exploring to the NE, right?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Istvun posted:

You know you can keep exploring to the NE, right?

This is a fair point - you can go NE of that village to the east of Tovak - so I'll just wait for confirmation on Tovak's move. I think in future I'll lay out the tiles face-down just to show where applicable space is.

oh tovak is way ahead of me, check out your attentive gm

Stelas fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 4, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Impermanent posted:

I take flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Boi6PfDeNg

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Goldyx's Turn

Goldyx takes Flight.

Norowas (Gutter Owl) - 2/5 hand, 0 deck.
Tovak (HOOLY BOOLY) - 5 hand, 2 deck.
Goldyx (Impermanent) - 5 hand, 1 deck.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I take flight again and play march with it to move to the NW forest with a healing glade in it, next to the newly discovered mage tower. EDIT Then I use the healing glade to get rid of one of the wounds in my hand, and then end my turn, drawing my last card.

Impermanent fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 4, 2014

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Play Swiftness, Stamina and Threaten to move onto the ruins.

I'm done.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Stelas posted:

This is a fair point - you can go NE of that village to the east of Tovak - so I'll just wait for confirmation on Tovak's move. I think in future I'll lay out the tiles face-down just to show where applicable space is.

oh tovak is way ahead of me, check out your attentive gm

That would be helpful thanks! And dont blame yourself when one of your players cant decide what he wants to do :sigh:

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Norowas Ends the Round

You're up, Tovak.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tovak's Turn

Goldyx takes Flight.

Norowas (Gutter Owl) - End of Round called!
Tovak (HOOLY BOOLY) - 5 hand, 2 deck.
Goldyx (Impermanent) - 4 hand, 0 deck.
Arythea (Istvun) - 2 hand, 0 deck.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

That would be helpful thanks! And dont blame yourself when one of your players cant decide what he wants to do :sigh:

Seriously, don't worry about it! The takeback rules exist for just this reason, I'm just making sure I don't update while people are still deciding. I'm absolutely stunned we've just about squared away 2 rounds in the space of a week.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Arythea drawing the Lonely Mountain tile has made things interesting. Tovak might not be in a bad spot at all if a city comes up now.

It's 4 city/3 non-city core tiles in a 4 player game right? All level 4?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Bubble-T posted:

It's 4 city/3 non-city core tiles in a 4 player game right? All level 4?

Yep, that's correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Wow we're suddenly getting lovely sources, our luck has run out gentleman.

To make the most of it though i'll play Crystallize and take a green crystal by using one of the source die

Assuming we're categorizing Crystallize as being a "special" action, i'd like to rest by discarding Blood Rage and getting rid of 2 wounds in my hand.

If i can't do the above, i'll rest by discarding Crystallize and discarding the 2 wounds.

• Locked thread