Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm never surprised at the poo poo I hear about people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uh, yes. I'm not sure you understand the intricacies of the showrunning process.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Tuxedo Jack posted:

You think Carlton Cuse or Tim Kring ever hosed a rubber doll for six months?

Absolutely.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Yvette Nicole Brown is leaving the show.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Yvette-Nicole-Brown-1087724.aspx

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I hope she will at least get a cameo in the movie.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

That's not nice. :smith:

But she's an awesome person for choosing her dad over career.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

"I've got 1 dad."

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

That's more like it. Since Sony insisted that YNB was on board for the entire season, I wonder if this means Allison Brie could be leaving in spite of Dan Harmon and Yahoo's assurances to the contrary.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That sucks. I hope her new sitcom works out though.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

There goes the most underused character in the show

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Sakarja posted:

That's more like it. Since Sony insisted that YNB was on board for the entire season, I wonder if this means Allison Brie could be leaving in spite of Dan Harmon and Yahoo's assurances to the contrary.
It sounds like she was on board, but her dad took a turn that required too much time for her to balance, and Harmon was happy to let her out of the contract. She's still doing The Odd Couple because its a bit part so they don't need to use her nearly as much as a full-time shooting schedule. Unless Brie has a deeply personal reason for wanting to leave, or shows Harmon the Little Mermaid eyes and guilts him into releasing her, she's legally bound to the show whether she wants to or not.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Even in the press release they mention her character has three kids, wow.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Space_Butler posted:

It sounds like she was on board, but her dad took a turn that required too much time for her to balance, and Harmon was happy to let her out of the contract. She's still doing The Odd Couple because its a bit part so they don't need to use her nearly as much as a full-time shooting schedule. Unless Brie has a deeply personal reason for wanting to leave, or shows Harmon the Little Mermaid eyes and guilts him into releasing her, she's legally bound to the show whether she wants to or not.

I guess so. And Donald Glover just wanted to focus on his rap career/be on his own. But unless I'm mistaken, YNB had a contract with Sony, not Dan Harmon. My point, however, was that 1) everyone's "legally bound" until they aren't, and 2) When Sony/Yahoo/Dan Harmon says that a certain actor will return for season 6, that might just be wishful thinking rather than certain knowledge.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Sakarja posted:

I guess so. And Donald Glover just wanted to focus on his rap career/be on his own. But unless I'm mistaken, YNB had a contract with Sony, not Dan Harmon. My point, however, was that 1) everyone's "legally bound" until they aren't, and 2) When Sony/Yahoo/Dan Harmon says that a certain actor will return for season 6, that might just be wishful thinking rather than certain knowledge.

That is a pretty sneaky way of luring Brown out of her contract. I'm talking about her father, ya know, deciding to let his health take a turn for the worse. It's a completely reasonable reason to leave the show, and probably not something that was a factor going into the beginnings of season six. She's always been a very vocal supporter of the show, and it took something sudden and severe to cause her to leave.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Irish Joe posted:

Probably pissed she had to turn down whatever jobs she lined up when the cancellation was a sure thing. She, Jacobs and Pudi are locked in, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one "mutually agreed upon departure" before the season starts.

Give this man a cookie.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Give this man a cookie.

Don't, he'll probably use it to lure that kid mentioned in his avatar.

butts420
Jul 27, 2012
Looks like Chevy can come back now since there's no more black people in the cast.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

butts420 posted:

Looks like Chevy can come back now since there's no more black people in the cast.

Pop POP

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I can think of worse things than Magnitude being bumped to main cast.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They need a new old guy, and Leonard's just hanging around. Just sayin'

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I wonder who they're giving Shirley's line to this season.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

GrandpaPants posted:

I wonder who they're giving Shirley's line to this season.

:drat:

I wish she'd get some kind of departure. Exposition of some off-camera events explaining a character's absence makes me think of the darkest timeline, and that makes me think of the fourth season, and then I want to drink.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

PostNouveau posted:

They need a new old guy, and Leonard's just hanging around. Just sayin'

Leonard likes this post.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Irish Joe posted:

Give this man a cookie.

Eh, I don't give you credit. For one thing, you're Irish Joe. For another, it wasn't because of the weird compulsion you have with imagining that everyone on the show hates Harmon, it was because of something understandable like family, and it was on good terms.

BTW, I think you want everyone to hate Harmon because I think you think you're very much like Harmon, and secretly want everyone to hate him as some kind of weird validation for your general trollishness. That also could be really stupid armchair psychological speculation on my part, too, so take it as you will.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Do you guys remember the first episode where Abed puts together the fake study group so Jeff can hit on Britta? We are basically back to that point.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

superjew posted:

:drat:

I wish she'd get some kind of departure. Exposition of some off-camera events explaining a character's absence makes me think of the darkest timeline, and that makes me think of the fourth season, and then I want to drink.

Given the lengths that they went to to get Pierce one, I wouldn't be surprised if she does get one. She clearly has a great deal of love for the show and Harmon, I'm sure they could work something out for one scene or so.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Late season 6 episodes: Danny Pudi playing every character in the dreamatorium.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Kuiperdolin posted:

Late season 6 episodes: Danny Pudi playing every character in the dreamatorium.

The finale slowly zooms out from Abed as it reveals Greendale was inside of a snow globe Abed was looking at, and it all happened in his head. Before the credits roll, Jeff passes him up, without even acknowledging him.
The movie is Abed trying to unite the group that never existed.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Pyroi posted:

The finale slowly zooms out from Abed as it reveals Greendale was inside of a snow globe Abed was looking at, and it all happened in his head. Before the credits roll, Jeff passes him up, without even acknowledging him.
The movie is Abed trying to unite the group that never existed.

This, because Pierce would be alive

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
My prediction for Community looks to be coming true.

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

They could save a ton of money by just employing Joel and Allison. The rest of the characters could just be cardboard cut outs on roller skates that they pull into and out of the frame with word bubbles above their head. Shirley's can just say "That's nice", Abeds would just be a link to a TV Tropes page (it could actually function as a link in Yahoo's player), and Britta's would just be blank because they have no idea where to take her character.

The actual episodes would just be Jeff and Annie sitting across from a table making googly-eyes at each other for twenty minutes in silence. A guest star would shuffle in the frame at 11 minutes, tell a joke, and then leave.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Wow, that's great of you

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Yvette Nicole Brown was such a great part of Community. It takes a good actress to take small pieces of an episode and make them really work. I'll miss her dynamic on the show but she's got a great reason to leave.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pyroi posted:

I could totally see Harmon doing this.

Although more likely would be Abed staring at a Greendale snow globe autistically and then they pull further back and Jeff is like 'Oh, you got one of the new Snow Globes from the gift shop?' and they're in the Study Room as normal.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

MikeJF posted:

I could totally see Harmon doing this.

Although more likely would be Abed staring at a Greendale snow globe autistically and then they pull further back and Jeff is like 'Oh, you got one of the new Snow Globes from the gift shop?' and they're in the Study Room as normal.
Old TImey Photo Club

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

30 Rock's ending already did that joke.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
If they do a finale like that, I hope it backs out to Harmon daydreaming about the series only to find out the network didn't pick up the pilot.

"Good. I didn't want to work for NBC anyways."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

January 27th. Maybe.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Man, they're really gonna need to get either Donglover or someobody else to fill in a fifth slot in the group now that Brown's gone.

I mean the group dynamic for the current "Greendale Four" is Jeff, Britta, Abed, and Annie. Two people with perpetually unresolved sexual tension, as well as an autistic nerd and an over-achiever who are roommates. (And don't make a joke about Sherley being under-used)

This just feels a little bit anemic, especially since the dynamics worked in several directions. Community has always found a kind of dynamism by taking advantage of how varied these relationships were; you could pair Jeff and Peirce for daddy issues, or Troy, Abed, and Annie for a series of misadventures, even Sherley and Britta for the Odd-Couple.

Now half of the relationships will be based around whether or not they have feelings for Jeff, or people dealing with Abed being Abed.

I really hope that they do some inspired casting, or somehow manage to get Troy back into the group; for some reason he was able to have chemistry with almost every single cast-member possible. I heard that they won't be able to get John Oliver back, or Johnathan Banks; and having the Dean or Chang join the group means that we're more likely to get an over-dose of their gimmicks quickly.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

umalt posted:

Man, they're really gonna need to get either Donglover or someobody else to fill in a fifth slot in the group now that Brown's gone.

I mean the group dynamic for the current "Greendale Four" is Jeff, Britta, Abed, and Annie. Two people with perpetually unresolved sexual tension, as well as an autistic nerd and an over-achiever who are roommates. (And don't make a joke about Sherley being under-used)

This just feels a little bit anemic, especially since the dynamics worked in several directions. Community has always found a kind of dynamism by taking advantage of how varied these relationships were; you could pair Jeff and Peirce for daddy issues, or Troy, Abed, and Annie for a series of misadventures, even Sherley and Britta for the Odd-Couple.

Now half of the relationships will be based around whether or not they have feelings for Jeff, or people dealing with Abed being Abed.

I really hope that they do some inspired casting, or somehow manage to get Troy back into the group; for some reason he was able to have chemistry with almost every single cast-member possible. I heard that they won't be able to get John Oliver back, or Johnathan Banks; and having the Dean or Chang join the group means that we're more likely to get an over-dose of their gimmicks quickly.

That just means there's a spot for Coogler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

umalt posted:

I really hope that they do some inspired casting, or somehow manage to get Troy back into the group; for some reason he was able to have chemistry with almost every single cast-member possible.

It's called chemistry, he has it with everyone!

• Locked thread