Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Does MC even count as a currency as far as the law is concerned?

EoRaptor posted:

https://mwomercs.com/news/2014/10/967-worthy-adversaries-2

The MC amounts look to earn you slightly more than a dollar an hour if you played only 10 perfect 15 minute matches and got the top score.

Can you get negative points of your damage is low or is that part of the score floored at 0?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Wales Grey posted:

Jesus christ this UI is trash.

Snakes in a can posted:

I did load it up recently but the new ui made me want to claw my eyes out.

UI 2.0 is the biggest obstacle to me ever playing this game again. I guess it was nice to hear Russ say he didn't like it either, but it makes me wonder why it ever got released. It's not like it was developed overnight... there were design meetings, and mockups, and use case tests, etc.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
The guy that did the original UI left.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

dMastri posted:

it makes me wonder why it ever got released.

So that PGI could say "See? UI 2.0! We're totally doing our jobs!"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

WebDO posted:

http://warthunder.com/en/news/876-Special-First-Flight-of-Dewoitine-D520-en

Meanwhile a better game runs a better special just because of a random day in aviation history. Which is to say you bads should come play War Thunder instead.

No. Vuck you.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
LOL @ this dumb tournament that gives you a first prize of not even enough to buy the cheapest hero mechs.

Also what the gently caress is with PGI's price points? Do they not realize that $10 is a significant number that many people would be willing to spend up to, but not more than? I was ready to spend $10 the other day, but since I can only spend $6.95, I didn't spend any because I was going to use a dumb refund debit card, but I'll be hosed if I'm going to leave $3.05 on a card.

$7 or $15 are stupid price points for fixed prices.

I just want to be able to get some premium time so I can grind out enough loving cbills to buy another loving lovely Nova or two but since the whole point is "I don't want to spend $15" that's dumb as hell.

So anyways I entered into this dumb tournament so I can shoot a bunch of poo poo in a Cicada tomorrow just until I earn a bunch of cbills basically, since that's enough monies to buy the Nova of my dreams.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Carnivorian posted:

I know we stopped talking about this game but I'll just leave this here

https://www.transversegame.com/news/article?which=J73XE4MP

Did you honestly think this had not been posted yet?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
People have no loving idea how to react if you use jump jets for anything other than poptarting. It's hilarious. I just had a 2-kill, 390-damage pub drop in my 2xCERML, CSSRM6 Kit Fox because all the low buildings in River City Night let me pop up, alpha, then drop behind cover and reposition.

Jump Jets are great and I am putting them on anything that can mount them.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

WarLocke posted:

In one of the group games last night we played on HPG Manifold, I did this same thing in a Mad Cat, jumping up to dump 76 damage volleys (4 SRM6+A and 4 CERML) into a Dire Wolf's face. For some reason, he never really managed to land a good hit on me, though I was 20 meters directly in front of him like three times in a row before he finally died. It's like the pilot's brain just shut down while I was jump jetting.

:pgi: seems to think making the jump jets static will hurt the Timber Wolf. Personally, I disagree.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So they do exist:
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/172443-laser-hitreg-is-horrible/page__view__findpost__p__3785330
official mad dog hitbox's. Shoot it in the dick.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I do love Russ going all "we don't wanna release out hitboxes because then people would just know where to aim". He's totally not covering for PGIs hosed hitboxes, no sir.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Paramemetic posted:

LOL @ this dumb tournament that gives you a first prize of not even enough to buy the cheapest hero mechs.

Also what the gently caress is with PGI's price points? Do they not realize that $10 is a significant number that many people would be willing to spend up to, but not more than? I was ready to spend $10 the other day, but since I can only spend $6.95, I didn't spend any because I was going to use a dumb refund debit card, but I'll be hosed if I'm going to leave $3.05 on a card.

$7 or $15 are stupid price points for fixed prices.

I just want to be able to get some premium time so I can grind out enough loving cbills to buy another loving lovely Nova or two but since the whole point is "I don't want to spend $15" that's dumb as hell.

So anyways I entered into this dumb tournament so I can shoot a bunch of poo poo in a Cicada tomorrow just until I earn a bunch of cbills basically, since that's enough monies to buy the Nova of my dreams.
It's cause they literally copied World of Tank's pricing 1:1. I haven't bothered looking at the hero mech pricing now but back when they were first being released they were also pricing exactly at the same price points as the premium tanks in WoT.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

Players who opt in can earn 500,000 C-bills per victory when they score above 130 point. The maximum C-bills a player can earn for this event are 10,000,000.

Honestly that's a pretty solid improvement over previous contests. If the point of these contests is supposed to make people log in and play, it really, really helps to offer something more then a small reward to the top 10 players. Not really sure how easy/hard it is to get 130 points.

Although the fact they have a cap is still kinda of funny.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Holy poo poo I'm glad Clan mechs can survive losing a side torso because the Mad Dog would be fuuuuucked otherwise.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Wasn't that a fact even without knowing the boxes? :v: drat thing gets ST blowouts all the time.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Mindblast posted:

Wasn't that a fact even without knowing the boxes? :v: drat thing gets ST blowouts all the time.

Yeah but think about when they add the Archer. It's basically the same drat mech only with different arms/legs and IS XLs pop with the first ST... :saddowns:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

WarLocke posted:

Holy poo poo I'm glad Clan mechs can survive losing a side torso because the Mad Dog would be fuuuuucked otherwise.

Wow really? In the tabletop losing a ST on any 3050s Clan mech is death because the XL engine lives there too.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Leo Showers posted:

Wow really? In the tabletop losing a ST on any 3050s Clan mech is death because the XL engine lives there too.

Er, no? You get killed by losing 3 engine crits, there's only 2 in the side torso. This is identical to TT.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Leo Showers posted:

Nah, in tabletop it takes 3 engine crits to destroy one, and Clan XLs only take up 2 slots in the side torsos. So they can survive losing one torso, but are crippled. Whereas IS XLs have 3 slots in the sides, so losing one completely shuts them down.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Thanks for clearing that up, I've pulled out Total Warfare again. My experience is that once that side torso is gone it's pretty much dead anyway, it's been a while since I actually lost a side torso (or even played TT).

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
+10 heat isn't really crippling for a Clan mech, especially since it probably lost half it weapons with the torso anyways.

You are one engine hit away from destruction, though.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

WarLocke posted:

People have no loving idea how to react if you use jump jets for anything other than poptarting. It's hilarious. I just had a 2-kill, 390-damage pub drop in my 2xCERML, CSSRM6 Kit Fox because all the low buildings in River City Night let me pop up, alpha, then drop behind cover and reposition.

Yeah, loving SRM poptarting is amazing when you do it right. Had a Nova on top of the citadel on river night, just keep peeking up in a splatfox and he had no loving idea what happened. It's alarming on Caustic too, broke 1k damage in a Kitfox by just popping over the ridges and dumping 48 SRMs into a whale's face and then fading. poo poo's a lot of damage.

Oxyclean posted:

Honestly that's a pretty solid improvement over previous contests. If the point of these contests is supposed to make people log in and play, it really, really helps to offer something more then a small reward to the top 10 players. Not really sure how easy/hard it is to get 130 points.

Although the fact they have a cap is still kinda of funny.

It's not too bad to get 130. First game in I had 1 kill, 9 assists, 400 damage, and got 170 points, so that's not a very high bar.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

aniviron posted:

Yeah, loving SRM poptarting is amazing when you do it right. Had a Nova on top of the citadel on river night, just keep peeking up in a splatfox and he had no loving idea what happened. It's alarming on Caustic too, broke 1k damage in a Kitfox by just popping over the ridges and dumping 48 SRMs into a whale's face and then fading. poo poo's a lot of damage.

You just have to train yourself to save some jump juice for the landing, that leg damage adds up.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anders.....there's always room for one more.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Anders and I have an MWO suicide pact, and can't really return to the game unless we're both ready and in agreement.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Chronojam posted:

Anders and I have an MWO suicide pact, and can't really return to the game unless we're both ready and in agreement.

Just loving play with us. It's fun. That's all that matters. WE MISS YOU! COME PLAY, MECHBROS. PLEASE. On behalf on everyone playing: Come back.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Iron Tusk posted:

Anders.....there's always room for one more.

Lol self-owned

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.

Wales Grey posted:

I logged into the client for the first time in a year or so. Jesus christ this UI is trash. Also got like 5k MC still. Could someone invite me to WoL?

Shibas sent you an invite, should be there when you log on.

Also, for the quirks: I never said it would make builds worse. Just that it would lead to a less diverse mech build on chassis. Anyways, it's a minute point that doesn't really matter.

I doodled this picture of a Rifleman IIC, give me money:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
What, changes are on the way? Or did they roll out ghost-hope

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
So I played a few matches of this and I got wrecked without really realizing what the gently caress was going on

Someone give me something that will teach me everything I need to know about this

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Highblood posted:

So I played a few matches of this and I got wrecked without really realizing what the gently caress was going on

Someone give me something that will teach me everything I need to know about this

"Aim the pointy end at the monsters, right Sarge?" :dukedog:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Highblood posted:

Like, new new in a trials mech? God help you son, I would advise against spending money on this game. Most of us are in too deep using semi ok mechs we paid for before we knew better

You got wrecked because all stock mechs are walking dumpsters

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kazvall posted:

Just loving play with us. It's fun. That's all that matters. WE MISS YOU! COME PLAY, MECHBROS. PLEASE. On behalf on everyone playing: Come back.

"Please validate our terrible decision by making it yourself"

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Kazvall posted:

You don't help relapsed addicts by shooting up with them

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Kazvall posted:

The only thing that might get me back is CW coming out and somehow being amazingly excellent.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Willfrey posted:

Like, new new in a trials mech? God help you son, I would advise against spending money on this game. Most of us are in too deep using semi ok mechs we paid for before we knew better

You got wrecked because all stock mechs are walking dumpsters

All the trials now are the community modded ones, they're actually all at least decent. Some are better than others, but there's no actual stock ones anymore.

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The only thing that might get me back is CW coming out and somehow being amazingly excellent.

I wouldn't hold onto much hope about that. From what was described, it looks pretty bland, but can't say for sure until it actually gets released. I hope it does come out of the womb amazing and births the game we all want, but for now the game itself is still roughly what it was before, killing poo poo slightly different. But it's fun to drop in a few matches and shoot robots.

There is a lot of people in WoL at the moment, for those curious. There are groups of people on every night playing MWO. Is it closed beta days of a mumble full of people? No. And it will probably never be, but it's slowly building up. When I log on, I can see some of my friends list actually on and not a dead scroll bar of offline-- I would like to think that's a good thing.

RalphyNoPants
Jul 5, 2012
Kerensky account night soon? I just registered Elo Ghost Heat Kerensky.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

The Gate posted:

All the trials now are the community modded ones, they're actually all at least decent. Some are better than others, but there's no actual stock ones anymore.

The only community designed one is the Dragon with 2 LL and a gauss. After that one they decided they didn't want to let the community design them and did them themselves, so we have mechs that aren't poo poo awful like 90% of stock mechs, but aren't min-maxed either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
At the very least you get DHS and filled out armor. I'll agree that they're not all world-class (their champion Centurion is a Menturion with Artemis SRM-4s and twin MPLs) but they're a hell of a lot better than the old stock mechs that were mostly unplayable since they were built around entirely different game mechanics and may not even have been attempting to be optimal. Even designs that were good in TT didn't translate at all in a world where they had roughly tripled heat buildup.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 4, 2014

• Locked thread