Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh no! I think Token Female is hammered!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
The third day was harder: the humans of the Resistance had grown despondent at the loss of Captain Jericho and Byers base.

Xopods base and Rarity base were able to recover Fuel but even that good news was just a drop of rain in a desert.

As the Sun started to set, two of the base commanders declared they were no longer playing this ridiculous game the Resistance Leaders had created.

In retaliation, the leaders launched an airstrike against Mikujin base taking them down. They then targeted merk base but before they launched a strike, a voice came on the airwaves revealing they had replaced the commander...

As the day drew to a close, the one name the Resistance agreed on was Token Female. Within moments, an airstrike was launched and her position nothing but scorched earth.

Token Female [Skynet-Aligned Terminator Drone Role Cop] was destroyed by Airstrike.

Mikujin aka Hideki the [Resistance-Aligned Human Vanilla] was killed by Airstrike.

merk is replaced by Sombrero

merk asked for a replacement first and Somb stepped up. Somb has obviously been reading the thread and therefore can replace in with ease.

Mikujin has asked to be replaced or mod-killed. I'm not going to ask anyone else to replace in at this stage, so I have mod-killed him.

Night Actions!

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
DAY FOUR

Dawn rose. Immediately, everyone took stock of the night's events. Word came in that Bowmore base was destroyed by terminators. To make matters worse, no leads on fuel were uncovered, meaning that the precious resource was even more scarce. Everyone hoped that this was just an aberration.

Bowmore base, led by Barnes [Resistance-Aligned Human Vanilla] was terminated.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (11): bowmore, CapnAndy, DGK2000, Hal Incandenza, JakeP, Juanito, Quidnose, Rarity, Somberbrero, tearshed, xopods

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 06th, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 17 hours.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Wait, I thought we got 3 fuel at the start of every day?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

No, it varies from day to day.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I'd vote tearshed or Quid today.

Less confident about Quid being scum, but I didn't like how he showed up and tried to get people off of Token, arguing that nobody had made a case (even though I actually had). He was trying hard to get people on to Andy.

A few other things

Quidnose posted:

Can you look over my pressing of Andy and my subsequent reasons for voting him and tell me why I'm wrong?

"my pressing" doesn't sound like a townie thing. Sounds like scum, and you're looking for validation, even though Andy had replied to everything you threw at him.

Quidnose posted:

Doesn't look like anyone but Tokes is gonna get traction, especially with so many in the game bailing now. I don't want to put her at -1 in case someone does something stupid but I'll vote her to avoid a no lynch.
Yeah, obviously you'll get on this. :rolleyes:

Something about Quid's question also pings me the right way. I think he knew Token was scum. Why not ask Token what her role was? Why did you ask her what her claim was? The only time I've ever asked someone what their claim is, is when I'm positive that they're scum, and I'm mostly being sarcastic.

Token Female posted:

My short list:
-Juanito (see above)
-Tearshed: I don't like how he hasn't really posted anything of value, and swooped in around the deadline to not return.
-Andy: His cases are lazy (listen to the voice, let's look at post count numbers). He's choosing to ignore claimed information in the thread.
-Bowmore: I've posted stuff before, but since then he hasn't done much scumhunting. Am I the only one who finds him to be scummy?

As for the DGK2000/merk thing. I think merk's reaction seems townie. There being so many roles that give false positives doesn't make sense. There have to be some significant things about this role that he's not saying. It doesn't add up with how it's been presented.
I think it's safe to assume that Token would stick 1 scum on her list. I think it would be tearshed.

tearshed posted:

I'm here but my head isnt in the game and also at work so hard to catch up.

My impressions so far is that captn comes across as more town than tokes. I don't wanna end the day short tho. I'll check back on my next break before deadline.
Lurking scum. Trying (but not very hard) to get into the game, but it's hard when you're scum and you've been lurking the entire game.

This is also the very first time that tearshed mentions Token. tearshed never quotes or references Token before deciding now Andy is more town then Token (pretty safe when someone is at -1).

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Quid seemed pretty Townie to me at the beginning of the game, but he hasn't read strongly to me one way or the other since then.

I'd rather lynch tearshed today I think.

##vote tearshed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Some jerk stole my fuel :saddowns:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

"Do you have a claim" as an indicator that I knew Token was scum is, legitimately, one of the worst pieces of evidence I have ever seen.

Your case on me reads incredibly disingenuous, Juanito.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:ghost: go town! :ghost:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Quidnose posted:

"Do you have a claim" as an indicator that I knew Token was scum is, legitimately, one of the worst pieces of evidence I have ever seen.

Your case on me reads incredibly disingenuous, Juanito.
It's not a great case, but you were the person most vocal yesterday trying to get people off of Token and on Andy. I just looked at the last posts before the end of the day and posted my thoughts. I think you can admit that your posting towards the end of the day looks bad, but I'm sure you'll do better today.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I wasn't so much trying to get people onto Andy as I was not feeling the Token lynch at all, and disliking a lot of the piling on that happened. There's either another scum in that pileon or we got lucky. Probably a combination of both.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I actually had suspected bowmore a bit, but since he flipped. Maybe Hal, but not really. But I don't suspect Andy, xopods or merk/Somber. I think town got scum, partly out of overall apathy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

How does that jive with me hammering? You are saying I am the lone scum vote on Tokes?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
No, I'm going with the assumption that you're town right now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Then...what was the point of the giant writeup you just did on me? :confused:

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Quidnose posted:

Then...what was the point of the giant writeup you just did on me? :confused:

Juanito posted:

I just looked at the last posts before the end of the day and posted my thoughts.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It's really weird that you're "less confident on my being scum" and yet the ratio of casework on me vs. tearshed is 2:1. You spent a lot of energy finding reasons why I am scum, which is why I am confused by your immediate backoff. You even took a screenshot. What's the point of all this if at the end of it you're just gonna be like "meh actually I think you're town"?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

I don't like Juanito's posting today at all.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I posted my observations, that's all. I posted shortly after waking up and looking at posts, solely focusing on the last posts of the previous days. Screenshots are no effort at all for me. There was more about you because you posted a lot more instead of barely posted the way that tearshed has done the entire game. xopods was right about you doing better earlier in the game.

Also the point of it was to try to contribute to this day instead of trying to let this game be destroyed by apathy and pithy remarks about being the game being like a fart, oh and also people replacing out like babies.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Rarity posted:

Some jerk stole my fuel :saddowns:
This happened to me on N1.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Juanito posted:

I posted my observations, that's all. I posted shortly after waking up and looking at posts, solely focusing on the last posts of the previous days. Screenshots are no effort at all for me. There was more about you because you posted a lot more instead of barely posted the way that tearshed has done the entire game. xopods was right about you doing better earlier in the game.

Also the point of it was to try to contribute to this day instead of trying to let this game be destroyed by apathy and pithy remarks about being the game being like a fart, oh and also people replacing out like babies.

This makes no sense. I barely posted at all yesterday, and what I posted was mostly asking questions and then saying "I really don't like the way this wind is going," That's, like, your entire point in casing me. I understand that overall my posting has been better than tearshed's, and that goes for yesterday too, but to say that I had "far more content" is highly disingenuous.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Quidnose posted:

This makes no sense. I barely posted at all yesterday, and what I posted was mostly asking questions and then saying "I really don't like the way this wind is going," That's, like, your entire point in casing me. I understand that overall my posting has been better than tearshed's, and that goes for yesterday too, but to say that I had "far more content" is highly disingenuous.
"far more content" I like how you put that in quotes, as if that's something I said.

But I actually went ahead and wasted my time checking, and you posted 26 times while tearshed posted 8 times.

"I really don't like the way this wind is going,"

Quidnose posted:

I really, really don't like the Token pileon. Any of you voting want to express why you are actively agreeing with CapnAndy's terrible case? This is not a one or the other case, I would expect this kind of vote comedown on the merk/DKG issue.

Merk, xopods, Hal, Juanito, these are all awful votes I'd love to see some reasoning behind.
I'd actually made a case with my vote, and referenced it several times previously, but you didn't actually check it. You were mostly focused on trying to get people on Andy.

But hey, at least you changed your mind so you could hammer Token.

I feel like if you were really scum, you wouldn't be wasting your time on me, but I think you're town who thinks you're doing a great job scumhunting by calling me disingenuous. Good thing nobody has listened to you so far or Token would still be alive.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Juanito posted:

"far more content" I like how you put that in quotes, as if that's something I said.

Umm...

Juanito posted:

There was more about you because you posted a lot more instead of barely posted the way that tearshed has done the entire game.

Did you really mean to say that I was purely posting more, regardless of content?

Juanito posted:

"I really don't like the way this wind is going,"
I'd actually made a case with my vote, and referenced it several times previously, but you didn't actually check it. You were mostly focused on trying to get people on Andy.

But hey, at least you changed your mind so you could hammer Token.

Super weird character assassination.

quote:

I feel like if you were really scum, you wouldn't be wasting your time on me, but I think you're town who thinks you're doing a great job scumhunting by calling me disingenuous. Good thing nobody has listened to you so far or Token would still be alive.

And MEGA weird character assassination that reads as super angry.

Nowhere have I said that I am the be all end all of scum hunting. Nowhere have I ever said that I have done a good job doing anything this game since my effort posts on D1. Yesterday, I saw a pile-on I didn't like, and I commented on it. I think I said that I didn't really like your case, but maybe I didn't, and just was internally reading it and going "that's a bad case." Regardless of what I did, you're making a ton of leaps that read as angry and combative when I'm continuing to do what I was doing yesterday: ask questions to gauge reactions.

But really, here's what I'm seeing from you so far today:

1. here's several quotes that show why I think Quidnose is scum
2. oh no, sorry, I don't think you're scum. i never actually said that, i was just pulling quotes at the end of the day.
3. ...but really my quotes are good, because if we had listened to you, tokes would still be alive, SCUM.

I'm not sure what you're doing but it's enough all over the place for me to see you as flailing. I have a moai avatar you can borrow.

##vote Juanito

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

This is starting to look like a town-on-town slapfight. I think we should still lynch tearshed but keep an eye on Juanito.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The problem with token is that she posted so dang little, there's not much to go on. She sure didn't like Juanito or me, so that's... something? Eh.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

The problem with token is that she posted so dang little, there's not much to go on. She sure didn't like Juanito or me, so that's... something? Eh.

No, not really. Who knows if she was just trying to distance or bus or WHAT.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

This is starting to look like a town-on-town slapfight. I think we should still lynch tearshed but keep an eye on Juanito.

Rrrgh... not a big fan of this post, but I don't think it is super likely that xopods is a bad guy. Xop, have you been using your power still?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Hal Incandenza posted:

No, not really. Who knows if she was just trying to distance or bus or WHAT.
Yeah, there's really not a lot there. Wanna lynch another lurker, for giggles?

##vote rarity

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Rrrgh... not a big fan of this post, but I don't think it is super likely that xopods is a bad guy. Xop, have you been using your power still?

Yes, but unfortunately I tried to give bombs to Bowmore last night. Apparently bomb delivery happens after kills, because it said he was already a smoking crater by the time I got there.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, there's really not a lot there. Wanna lynch another lurker, for giggles?

##vote rarity

Why don't you want to lynch tearshed?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

tearshed is a hollow vessel who has barely made any comments on the game so far. I can't believe how little he has said considering it is D4. Would probably vote. His sort of light read on tokes seems a little bussy.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

xopods posted:

I'd rather lynch a bigger name than a smaller one? Tearshed's fine too.

Lynch all lurkers it worked once

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hi, I'm trying to figure out this game. Xopods is probably scum though?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Xopods will you give me specific flavor for your role? Like as specific as reasonably possible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

Hi, I'm trying to figure out this game. Xopods is probably scum though?

Why?

I don't like Quidnose's combination of buzzwords and OMGUS on Juanito. I think he's trying to pick a fight he thinks is an easy win.

##vote Quidnose

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

Why?

I don't like Quidnose's combination of buzzwords and OMGUS on Juanito. I think he's trying to pick a fight he thinks is an easy win.

##vote Quidnose

Gut, and maybe something that happened.

I feel like we have enough breathing room that we should lynch Jake now. I don't think Juanito or the other guy are the scum.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Xopods will you give me specific flavor for your role? Like as specific as reasonably possible.

There's really very little of it. I'm Sergeant Sommer, Resistance-Aligned Human Gunsmith. Same role Byers flipped, though different flavour name. I used to be a soldier, now I lead a small team of operatives and I carry out special missions when the higher-ups in the Resistance require my specific set of skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I feel like we have enough breathing room that we should lynch Jake now. I don't think Juanito or the other guy are the scum.

Why do you want to lynch Jake over the other lurky players?

• Locked thread