Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

axleblaze posted:

6) Entity D
Haunted asylum movie, the bread and butter of found footage, done in a none found footage manner despite also being about a film crew making a documentary. It occasionally goes to the camera's perspective but more often than not it's just to assure us that they are filming rather than using it to any effect. As I said above, I just don't think I like non-found footage haunted house movies and this just bored the hell out of me. It was all just stuff I've seen dozens of times before done not really that well.

Bummer, you would have been much better off watching the similarly titled The Entity from 1982.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Wizchine posted:

Bummer, you would have been much better off watching the similarly titled The Entity from 1982.

I've seen that movie and I like it even less.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Sat through Hellraiser 2 and Big Trouble in Little China at a local bar. Going to say that counts for the night.

Despite terrible doctor puns, I think H2 is a rather entertaining film.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
October 3rd: Screamplay (1985)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088067/

An aspiring young screenwriter takes out his frustrations with the various people he meets by writing them as murder victims in his script. But when his script goes missing, they start dying exactly as he wrote, making him the number one suspect.
Filmed in black & white, and clearly influenced by German expressionist films, this is quite an odd horror-comedy. The purposefully over-the-top characters and acting along with the visuals make for a very entertaining time. It's certainly one of the more unique movies Troma has ever distributed, and well worth a look.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Hellraiser 2 owns. Last Days on Mars is okay.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Last Days on Mars is okay.

Could have been great, was just okay.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
This movie really, really wants to be another Alien.

e: Seriously, the core cast of characters is exactly the same except there's two Dallases, two Lamberts and no Jones, and the first act is really riffing hard on the first act of Alien.

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Oct 4, 2014

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Speed Crazy posted:

I think I made a mistake by starting out with Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed because I'm not sure anything else I'm planning on watching is going to top Peter Cushing as Baron Frankenstein. He was STONE COLD. I'm used to more sympathetic portrayals of the Frankenstein, so seeing a performance that was so grim, merciless, egomaniacal, and so utterly devoid of any kind of humanity just blew me away. The sets were particularly good and had some very pretty lighting too. It was also cool to see Hammer branch out a little bit in terms and style by incorporating some pretty giallo-like shots in the opening (which was my favorite part of the movie).

Man, Peter Cushing's Frankenstein flicks are amongst my all time favorite horror flicks. Frankenstein Created Woman is solid too.

Watched some stuff on Friday:

Humanoid From the Deep - oh lord, this is dull. It felt like a hour before the monsters showed up, I was shocked to see it was only like 30 minutes!

Almost Human - - This...wasn't horrible. The acting's a bit wooden and the story is nothing new, but they did a pretty good job on practical effects for a low budget flick.

Phantoms - I thought maybe it'd look better with age but...no. It wasn't horrible, but wasn't very exciting either.

Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives - I hadn't meant to watch all the Friday's during this challenge, but I'm hooked. And I'm loving it! Jason Lives was the big tonal shift for the franchise. We're ramping up the camp and turning Jason into a supernatural creature. There's some goofy scenes here, but they're all pretty fun because of the camp. The franchise really stopped taking itself so seriously after this one! Loved it. Plus, Jason walks and poses. A LOT.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010
I got in late last night and didn't want start something new, so I went with The Last Exorcism, which is both short and fun. Patrick Fabian (is that his name? He'll always be Professor Jeremiah Lasky to me) is great in the lead role, using his considerable charm to shoulder the entire movie. Also the actress who plays the possessed girl is fantastic. I enjoy the conceit of a camera crew proving the bogusness of exorcisms (even if this movie is really blatant in violating the found footage feel). I know the ending is pretty universally reviled, but honestly I kind of like it, even if it does become a completely separate film. So far I'm 3/3 with good movies; gonna try for something I haven't seen tonight.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Last night was Dracula, the 1931 version. I may be stepping out of line here a little but I really didn't enjoy it all that much. Some parts were golden, don't get me wrong, but I think it did a great job at emulating the book, and it was very very obviously from a time when films were mostly plays that people pointed cameras at. The early parts of the film, before they reach London were great, and Van Helsing was played delightfully, but overall after the halfway mark the film just falls apart.

Tonight is BONUS ROUND and will either be Maniac, Blue Ruin, Cube or The Exam. We'll see.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Last night I rewatched the Scream series.

Scream - Obviously the best of the series and still holds up. What I noticed especially this time around was how good the final act actually was. Specifically the geography of Stu's house. It was clear and laid out well, but still vague enough to cheat some stuff. Also, it's kind of surprising that Matthew Lillard and Skeet Ulrich sell their exposition dump as well as they do because... well, it's Skeet Ulrich and Matthew Lillard.

Scream 2 - This movie tapers off hard. It actually starts off pretty strong(the opening with Jada Pinkett-Smith and Omar Epps is fantastic) but all the life drains out of the movie after Randy dies. Which is surprising, because he doesn't get to do much up until then. After that there's really only one great moment(the escape from the crashed car) and one kinda cool moment(Dewey being stabbed in the soundproof room) and the rest just whimpers off.

Scream 3 - It's bad, and dumb, and the worst of the series, but it knows it's a comedy. That's not the problem. The problem's that it's not as funny as the first one and it's definitely not as scary. And I can't take Patrick Dempsey serious in this. He comes off as closer to Can't Buy Me Love Dempsey than Grey's Anatomy Dempsey. Also, this movie starts the trend of killing off characters it shouldn't. why kill off the funniest character in your comedy?! Parker Posey deserves better than that!

Scream 4 - I want to like it more than I do. It's got a decent concept but it doesn't delve into nearly as much as it should. All the new characters are bland and underserved--which has been a problem since the first sequel--and they kind of bungled the ending. And the movie shot itself in the foot by having that god-awful soft-focus throughout, which I can only assume was a prerequisite for the older cast to come back and act against the younger cast. Plus, they kill off Hayden Panettiere, which is dumb because she gets the only really good moment in the movie and she's the only new cast member who makes an impression. She has an easy charm similar to the characters in the first movie.

It's my first rewatch of the movies in a few years but my ranking's still the same: 1>>>>2>4>3

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

LesterGroans posted:

Last night I rewatched the Scream series.

Scream - Obviously the best of the series and still holds up. What I noticed especially this time around was how good the final act actually was. Specifically the geography of Stu's house. It was clear and laid out well, but still vague enough to cheat some stuff. Also, it's kind of surprising that Matthew Lillard and Skeet Ulrich sell their exposition dump as well as they do because... well, it's Skeet Ulrich and Matthew Lillard.

Scream 2 - This movie tapers off hard. It actually starts off pretty strong(the opening with Jada Pinkett-Smith and Omar Epps is fantastic) but all the life drains out of the movie after Randy dies. Which is surprising, because he doesn't get to do much up until then. After that there's really only one great moment(the escape from the crashed car) and one kinda cool moment(Dewey being stabbed in the soundproof room) and the rest just whimpers off.

Scream 3 - It's bad, and dumb, and the worst of the series, but it knows it's a comedy. That's not the problem. The problem's that it's not as funny as the first one and it's definitely not as scary. And I can't take Patrick Dempsey serious in this. He comes off as closer to Can't Buy Me Love Dempsey than Grey's Anatomy Dempsey. Also, this movie starts the trend of killing off characters it shouldn't. why kill off the funniest character in your comedy?! Parker Posey deserves better than that!

Scream 4 - I want to like it more than I do. It's got a decent concept but it doesn't delve into nearly as much as it should. All the new characters are bland and underserved--which has been a problem since the first sequel--and they kind of bungled the ending. And the movie shot itself in the foot by having that god-awful soft-focus throughout, which I can only assume was a prerequisite for the older cast to come back and act against the younger cast. Plus, they kill off Hayden Panettiere, which is dumb because she gets the only really good moment in the movie and she's the only new cast member who makes an impression. She has an easy charm similar to the characters in the first movie.

It's my first rewatch of the movies in a few years but my ranking's still the same: 1>>>>2>4>3

Yep, I'd put them in the same order after a rewatch. Four also has one of my favorite parts of the entire series the killer actually winning (sorta) and how it would look for them to set up the entire narrative afterwards. Emma Roberts may be unconvincing physically as a killer, but she's fantastic in that moment. Also, the fact that the last time you see Kirby she's very much alive but bleeding out makes me think they'd bring her back in 5. They really went out of the way to set her up as a hybrid of Randy and Tatum who are fans' favorite characters. But hopefully there is no 5 anyway.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Halloween Horror Nights was very fun. If you get a chance to go, the house based off of the original Halloween is fantastic. It put me in the mood to watch it tonight, and I'll mix a few new movies in there as well.

A bit off-topic, but if you're in the mood for Halloween music, HalloweenRadio.net is a wonderful streaming service with the best selection and variety that I know of.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I was excited to finally get to see Shivers, but man, what a letdown. There are cool parts for sure, but watching Cronenberg push around the puzzle pieces of his oevure aimlessly was pretty dull. There's no atmosphere, the characters are nonexistent, and the slugs are pretty goofy occasionally. The slow-motion horror shots were very good, though.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

weekly font posted:

Yep, I'd put them in the same order after a rewatch. Four also has one of my favorite parts of the entire series the killer actually winning (sorta) and how it would look for them to set up the entire narrative afterwards. Emma Roberts may be unconvincing physically as a killer, but she's fantastic in that moment. Also, the fact that the last time you see Kirby she's very much alive but bleeding out makes me think they'd bring her back in 5. They really went out of the way to set her up as a hybrid of Randy and Tatum who are fans' favorite characters. But hopefully there is no 5 anyway.

Yeah, you're right. I think Emma Roberts actually does a good job in the movie. Her character doesn't really do anything interesting until the end, unfortunately, but she sells it really well. She has a kind of a natural dead-eyed look that helps too.

And, yeah, no Scream 5 please.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Interesting to note that AMC hasn't announced anything this year. Last year they showed tons of horror films but this year they don't have much scheduled. Gotta make room for those Walking Dead marathons I guess.

weekly font posted:

I feel like thanks to the internet the days of Cable (and therefore edited) horror marathons are pretty dead.

Not so fast my horror loving friends. I just check the AMC website and they are still doing the normal horror movie marathons, but it's not the entire month. It's starting later this year, the 17th, and seems to by only 14 days this year.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
I didn't notice this thread until today, but I've been doing the challenge. I've only recently really gotten into horror, so there's a lot of classics of the genre that I've missed. I'm also just watching a lot of random stuff off of Netflix. Mostly going to stick to things I haven't seen before, or only seen parts of, but I can't guarantee that old favorites won't sneak in.

October 1st- The Host: I've been meaning to watch this one for a while, and I'm glad I finally did. It's funnier than I was expecting, and mixes a lot of genres well (I definitely wasn't expecting it to get so apocalyptic at the end).

October 2nd- Detention: Yeah, this was pretty crazy. Not exactly horror, but kind of a gonzo high school comedy that mixes horror, John Hughes movies, and a style like Scot Pilgrim. I really liked it, and its worth a watch, but I can see where it could be grating for other people. It's also rushed, and not every joke and plot point works, but they happen so fast that it's not really problem.

October 3rd- The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: Holy poo poo. Coming off of the first two relatively light-hearted movies, this was loving rough. It felt grimy and gross, and the sounds were some of the most unnerving things I've ever heard. I loved this and can totally see why it's such a classic.

October 4th- The House on Haunted Hill: This is the original, with Vincent Price. It has some flaws, but overall I enjoyed it. As much as I appreciate it's lean running time, it felt rushed and I can see an extra 20 minutes really doing a lot to ease that. Some of the plot was convoluted, and a lot of characters weren't given anything to do. But I dug the set design, and all the actors were great, even when they weren't given much to do.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tonight's features are:

Critters 2: The Main Course

and

From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money

Tune in at 8:30 Eastern tonight, and find out who won the Pizza Raffle! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/scream-stream-part-2

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Tonight is BONUS ROUND and will either be Maniac, Blue Ruin, Cube or The Exam. We'll see.

Blue Ruin is a great movie but it isn't horror at all.

Oct. 3: The bar I was at played Hellraiser 2 on loop with the sound off and I pretty much saw the whole thing.

I am counting it. Didn't get to hear horrible doctor puns, but don't think I missed much otherwise.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Skywalker OG posted:

Blue Ruin is a great movie but it isn't horror at all.

Oct. 3: The bar I was at played Hellraiser 2 on loop with the sound off and I pretty much saw the whole thing.

I am counting it. Didn't get to hear horrible doctor puns, but don't think I missed much otherwise.

It got mentions in the Horror thread as being horrorish and with a really creepy atmosphere so I threw it in as a possibility.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

It got mentions in the Horror thread as being horrorish and with a really creepy atmosphere so I threw it in as a possibility.

Only in a couple of places, yeah but it really isn't horror. Definitely watch it but it doesn't count.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Day 4 - I've seen all of Cronenberg's output from the 80's onward, but I've never seen his early work so I was really looking forward to The Brood. I could definitely tell it was a Cronenberg movie, especially the ending.

Quick plot summary: there's a couple whose marriage is in shambles. The wife has had some kind of break down and is receiving a revolutionary therapy that requires her removal from all of her family except her daughter. The husband notices strange things afoot and soon people around him are being killed by feral little people.

I have some real doubts about the hook of the film. Events are triggered when a parent finds that his very young daughter has been beaten when visiting his institutionalized wife. And apparently he can't do anything about it except find proof on his own? I was initially thinking that he was trying to avoid hurting his separated wife further by going to the law, but the movie quickly makes it clear that's not the case. The whole thing should be resolved by going to police immediately, but the film insists that the law will take the wife's side. But if people did the logical thing and go to the authorities as soon as they should then no one would ever get macheted.

The therapy scenes are really bad. They're like something a college student would write and performed just as well. It's a lot of really trite, "let me explain how my character got screwed up" dialog. However, it did lead to a terrific sequence where it reveals that the daughter has just been left in the care of an abusive woman.

I also didn't like the characterization of the wife. There was no sign of happier times in the movie. And the therapy sessions were the majority of her screen time. At the end, a lot of it comes down to "She sure is baby crazy!" Given the themes of the story I think it's okay here, but I needed something more.

Enough negatives. This is a weird and creepy movie all about broken homes, child abuse, and quack therapies. This came out the same year as Kramer vs Kramer; I had to look because I felt like it was a Cronenbergian horror take on custody battles. I wonder if was big news back in 1977 and it just influenced the development of both movies.

Next up for me is Suicide Club. I may watch it tonight and get myself a day ahead!

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
I love The Brood. It's so raw, angry, and personal for Cronenberg. He was going through a legitimately insane divorce and custody battle with his ex-wife, so The Brood is sort of figuratively autobiographical in a way. Those little snow suit goblin kids genuinely scare me too. Since Shivers came up on Netflix recently, I was happy to finally get a chance to watch it. Now Rabid, History of Violence, and Path to the Stars are the only Cronenberg movies I have left to see. I was actually pretty surprised by how much I liked it. I mean, it was really pure Cronenberg with disgusting organic effects, the obsession with bodily organs, a sterile environment, and manifestation of the mind on the body. It was just on a lower budget.

I didn't have much free time yesterday, so I watched the episode "Walking Distance" from The Twilight Zone.

Speed Crazy fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 5, 2014

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014

Lurdiak posted:

Return of the Living Dead: Part II

I haven't seen this in 20 years or more but I remember loving it when I was a kid. "Get that dang screwdriver out of muh head!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

drowningidiot posted:

I haven't seen this in 20 years but I remember loving it when I was a kid. "Get that dang screwdriver out of muh head!"

It holds up, despite some terrible performances by some of the teens. Sorry you missed it.

E: Stream is starting in 24 minutes btw http://www.ustream.tv/channel/scream-stream-part-2

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 5, 2014

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

This was my first time watching Kwaidan, and man, was this film gorgeous, from the opening credits to the end. Great use of lighting and colors, and the set design was beautiful, even with some obvious use of matte paintings. It's an anthology, with four adaptations of Japanese folk-tales, and while there's some action elements in the last two, the atmosphere is generally a slow-burn vibe. The acting was highly dramatic and emotional, but not inappropriately so. I have a feeling this will come out near the top of my list at the end of the month.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Kwaidan was on my list all of October last year and went unwatched, so I plan on watching it soon this year.

Castle Blood - This one felt like it went through the motions, without doing anything new or memorable. It's an ok watch, but felt like more work than pleasure

Onibaba - This one was much less horror than I expected, but still very good. The shots are beautiful, and the image of a person in 'the mask' in a field of reeds is haunting. What I thought this movie was going to be didn't start until the last 30 minutes or so, but it still carries on at a fitting pace and is every bit engaging as Harikari

e; If you all like streamed movies, albeit public domain and horror hosted, you can always join us over at http://kreepykastle.com/ .

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Duel, I've been meaning to watch this movie for a long time, and I finally got around to watching it. I enjoyed it a lot. The comparisons to jaws are accurate. My only complaint is that the inner monologues, seem sort of unnecessary.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I absolutely love Kwaidan. It's such a beautiful, striking movie.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
1) Re-Animator (1985)
2) Isle of the Dead (1945)
3) Full Moon High (1981)
4) The Innkeepers (2011)

So, The Innkeepers seems to be a victim of false advertising more than anything else. It's much more supernatural drama than it is straight horror, but I could appreciate the movie on that level. I find it fascinating that West managed to make a movie that was even more reserved than House of the Devil, but without going for the really strict cinematographic simplicity of that film. On the one hand, it means that The Innkeepers isn't really that scary and gets quite boring at moments. On the other hand, it's refreshing to see a filmmaker who isn't a one trick pony, or who doesn't hide his hack work behind sardonic self-reference. West clearly doesn't need to - he's got a knack for interweaving banal drama with the bizarre.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
October 5th- The Legend of Hell House: This was nice and understated for the most part, with some really intense scenes livening things up. The movie did a really good job of buildup, even if the payoff wasn't always there, and there was pretty constantly a sense of dread and tension.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010
Tonight was Noroi, which I haven't seen in years and so it was like going in fresh. It was great! While it was a bit short on scares, it does a great job of building up a pervasive atmosphere of dread. I like how Shiraishi draws from different parts of Japanese popular culture to make it feel like this supernatural force is infecting the whole of the world. It can also be pretty funny at times too.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I almost hesitate to say I kicked off my friend's Shocktober festivities (horror movie marathons every weekend) with Jekyll and Hyde Together Again because I watch that movie, like, once a month, but my friends had never heard of it. They didn't believe me when I said it was the most outrageous film ever made. Then I showed them the transformation scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJWnX1qIbVQ

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

October 4th

No movie tonight. I had a social life, which was good. Then I experienced crazy, drunken melodrama and violence which was bad. Wasn't up for a movie when I got home but wanted something to get my mind off the night so I finished up Penny Dreadful.

Holy crap, the seventh episode "Possession" is the best thing I've watched so far this October and I think may be a bar most of the movies I watch the rest of this month struggle to meet. I've said it every time I've mentioned this show but Eva Green is amazing, especially so in this episode. The finest portrayal of the subject matter I think I've ever seen and having spent sixth episodes getting to know her really helps feel for her and know her and the people around her in a way a movie doesn't accomplish.

The rest of the show is pretty drat good too and while the season finale has a hard time matching the quality of the penultimate episode it puts a fine cap on the other storylines and characters answering a mystery or two, giving some characters some major growth (Sir Malcolm letting his daughter go and finally accepting Vanessa) and some characters some hilarious kicks in the butt (I love that Dorian Gray's resolution is to be kicked to the curb like a teenager because the immortal, irresistible marvel who thinks he's above everything is actually totally clueless and superfluous to the real world and story going on). And while I was a little hesitant about Ethan being a werewolf when the season started I think they did a great job finally confirming it and actually cast a little doubt on it earlier with his sudden exorcism powers suggesting even more mystery to him than we thought.

If you have Showtime On Demand or Showtime Anywhere I'd definitely recommend checking out this series this month. Its only 8 episodes and it does a great job balancing horror legends and classics and giving them a little life in a very well done setting. The only really miss is Frankenstein's Emo Monster but its more than made up for for Eva loving Green and Timothy Dalton.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Duel, I've been meaning to watch this movie for a long time, and I finally got around to watching it. I enjoyed it a lot. The comparisons to jaws are accurate. My only complaint is that the inner monologues, seem sort of unnecessary.

I'd have never thought to classify Duel as a horror movie, but I guess it's not inaccurate, structure-wise. It's certainly a thriller!

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Watched Murder Parry by the people who did Blue Rain. It drags at points but just as in Blue Rain I found the way things were shot to be amazingly immersive. I can't call it a good movie, but it was just so goddamn enjoyable.

Also saw Last Ride, recommended by SMG. It is basically a guy with a GoPro being stalked by cat sounds. Ended up enjoying it because it is essentially one long shot of people attempting to navigate a forest. Definitely not great, but felt it was an accomplishment and an interesting FF movie.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
How about movies with murderous primates?

Link (killer orangutan)
Monkey Shines (killer capuchin monkey)
Shakma (killer baboon)

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Wizchine posted:

How about movies with murderous primates?

Link (killer orangutan)
Monkey Shines (killer capuchin monkey)
Shakma (killer baboon)

Congo

Monkey Shines is amazing.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
We're missing werewolves:

An American Werewolf in London
The Howling
Wolfen

All from 1981 - the Year of the Wolf, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!
Up to 17 flicks for the month so far! http://letterboxd.com/cinemafromage/list/october-movies/

Yesterday was a mixed bag. Some great, some not so great.

Friday the 13th Pt VII
Friday the 13th Pt VIII

Been having fun going back through these, they're still fun. Starting to wear thin though, good thing I don't have many left!

Curtains

Good grief. It took me at least 4 tries to get through this flick. It's sloooooow. It has some amazingly awful over the top soap opera acting and dialog though.

Witchboard

Tawny Kitaen! Oh...Tawny Kitaen.

Horns

Horns has been one of my most anticipated flicks for this fall, and now they've released it early on On Demand! I LOVED this flick! I had it totally over hyped in my head, and it completely lived up to that hype. I thought Radcliff was excellent as Ig Parrish.

• Locked thread