Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

korgsnype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
> it needs to include avatars somehow. pos by poster name looks awful.
im going to try to figure out how to get at least ppl's custom text in.
id really like to do an img->ANSI conversion for avs. we'll see

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
also i'm fixing quotes in a bit

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Bloody posted:

it needs to include avatars somehow. pos by poster name looks awful.

lol if you don't have a sweet username/avatar combo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Symbolic Butt posted:

lol if you don't have a sweet username/avatar combo

:hfive:

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Panty Saluter posted:

in it voted 5

same

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010

current kick is telnetting into stuff like sdf.org w/ an old msdos pda & this would mesh well

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

i demand a refund

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Wild EEPROM posted:

I made two new paintings for jonny.

Here's how you use them:

5 for the paintings
5 for the reference

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
slight mod, random banner on reload

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
every single one of those logos owns

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

echinopsis posted:

every single one of those logos owns

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

keep going, I'm almost finished

master of the sea
Apr 16, 2003

*skweeeeeee*
cistps: decided to learn iOS programming and make a baby log app to record diaper and feeding events

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

that's sick as hell. esp the :911: one. you're my favorite poster jonny

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Luigi Thirty posted:

i demand a refund

Look at this Windows 3.1 GUI babby newb r0dent. Telix or GTFO bitch.

Telix/MS-DOS 4 lyfe!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

i did some more work on my steam backpack thingamabob. now it supports TF2, Dota, and CSGO. items are colored in the list by their quality and it's sortable by both name and price. the inventory button opens a webview that takes you right to the item in your inventory through the magic of javascript so you can log into steam and sell it from within the app. i could automate the selling pretty easily but i think that would violate their website agreement and get me a nasty email from valve.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

red and gold 3d one is the proest

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

yo so I've been working on a thing for the last few days. its kinda clunky still but im ready to show it off a little. here is a description of thing:

it is called pocketga.me

it is a cloud-based emulator/rom storage platform for playing "homebrew" content mostly on iOS (although im guessing android works fine w/ it but it can run native emus so why bother) right now it supports gameboy/gameboy color and NES, and cloud state saving on gameboy so you can come back to your pokemon game later. i'll be adding more emulators and improvements over the coming weeks

you have to register an account to get started. register here: http://pocketga.me/

next upload your favorite homebrew NES or gameboy rom, marking them as either nes or gameboy

here is a good site to download some NES homebrew: http://www.nesworld.com/article.php?system=nes&data=neshomebrew
and some gameboy homebrew: http://pdroms.de/news/gameboy/

next login to the site on your iphone, and go to list/play games. then click the game you want. keep the iphone in portrait mode as that works best right now. enjoy.

if you want to try it out on your computer instead of iphone, the controls are arrow keys, a is z, b is x, enter is start, and shift is select on gameboy, and control is select on nes. sorry you have to deal with looking at onscreen controls right now

here's a screenshot of it running some nes game:

SEND SPIKE JONEZ
Dec 31, 2006
spike jonez sent

CamH posted:

yo so I've been working on a thing for the last few days. its kinda clunky still but im ready to show it off a little. here is a description of thing:

it is called pocketga.me

it is a cloud-based emulator/rom storage platform for playing "homebrew" content mostly on iOS (although im guessing android works fine w/ it but it can run native emus so why bother) right now it supports gameboy/gameboy color and NES, and cloud state saving on gameboy so you can come back to your pokemon game later. i'll be adding more emulators and improvements over the coming weeks

you have to register an account to get started. register here: http://pocketga.me/

next upload your favorite homebrew NES or gameboy rom, marking them as either nes or gameboy

here is a good site to download some NES homebrew: http://www.nesworld.com/article.php?system=nes&data=neshomebrew

next login to the site on your iphone, and go to list/play games. then click the game you want. keep the iphone in portrait mode as that works best right now. enjoy.

if you want to try it out on your computer instead of iphone, the controls are arrow keys, a is z, b is x, enter is start, and shift is select on gameboy, and control is select on nes. sorry you have to deal with looking at onscreen controls right now

cool

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

remember me when u come into the ipo cash camh

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

CamH posted:

it is called pocketga.me

You should make it auto-detect if it's a gba or nes file.

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

Wild EEPROM posted:

You should make it auto-detect if it's a gba or nes file.

thank you fellow internet user wild eeprom

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

made a sweet new theme for the http://pocketga.me site it is a lot less clunky now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
epic dude

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thanks for sham bam for finding the original inspiration for my rocket game, which has reminded me the whole point of this

I totally started fresh . I was doing a lot of learning while I was making it so there was a lot of mess and inefficiencies and redundancies and hangovers

the scale had changed so it's further away now. I've simplified the idea of te levels

I've taken advantage of the procedural ability of ue4. instead of placing hundreds of meshes I can make a blueprint that I "coded" that had some sliders which can make a series of blocks a certain length or a
box or whatever all procedurally at the starte. I don't think I'm explaining well but it's the whole object orientated thing about reusing poo poo and it's efficient and great and I think I have a vbit more vision now

whether or not the game will be fun for others is sill a question but download will be smaller at least

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

thanks for sham bam for finding the original inspiration for my rocket game, which has reminded me the whole point of this

I totally started fresh . I was doing a lot of learning while I was making it so there was a lot of mess and inefficiencies and redundancies and hangovers

the scale had changed so it's further away now. I've simplified the idea of te levels

I've taken advantage of the procedural ability of ue4. instead of placing hundreds of meshes I can make a blueprint that I "coded" that had some sliders which can make a series of blocks a certain length or a
box or whatever all procedurally at the starte. I don't think I'm explaining well but it's the whole object orientated thing about reusing poo poo and it's efficient and great and I think I have a vbit more vision now

whether or not the game will be fun for others is sill a question but download will be smaller at least

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3664580&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post436187904

https://mega.co.nz/#!7YAAjbiZ!wq1-KpeA-cVTrnmaMR-poxpCEJSwgIIl_QuqaHiY1IE
a 31mb download for windows peeps. any feedback whatsoever would be greatly appreciated

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Oct 13, 2014

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
had too much time on my hands the last couple of days, so i spent hours making this jungle track: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6247443/mp3/jungle.mp3

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

I did it! I guess...

man it's really hard to control this drat ship

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
looks like a screencap of an early prodigy video

owns

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Symbolic Butt posted:

I did it! I guess...

man it's really hard to control this drat ship

drat im sorry

see i can fly it around with grace and without crashing etc

thanks for trying it man. i really appreciate it. i dont know how to make it easier to control :(

Jonny 290 posted:

looks like a screencap of an early prodigy video

owns

hahah thanks mna, :)

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

echinopsis posted:

thanks for trying it man. i really appreciate it. i dont know how to make it easier to control :(

the issue for me is that the ship moves too much when you press UP. it makes the ship feel too light and hard to put exactly where you want it. rotation could maybe do with being a tiny bit faster too

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so too much thrust and too little torque? ive got a damper on the rotational inertia so it might be fine to increase the torque, without causing the ship to spin uncontrollably and end up flip flopping left and right to get to the right angle

thanks sweevo, for the input. i appreciate it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ultimately, there will be different ships with different amounts of power, but right now I am not sure how having too much/little thrust will work as a gameplay feature (ie, the cheap lovely ship will have very little thrust) but if people can't control it, well, thats not very fun is it? the very first ship people can buy should be easy to control and not very fast

perhaps if i crank down the gravity so people can play on a slower scale

will have to do a lot of fiddling

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think I will tweak the settings to make it a
bit less actiony and make flying a bit slower overall: which unfortunately doesn't show offtje cinematic following of the ship as well

and then throw it at the games tread. trying to not fill this thread with too much of my junk

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I think you should make it more open spaced at first to let the player just mess around and get used to the controls (also to exhibit the cinematic following thing. I noticed it, it's neat).

and then eventually you put him into this labyrinth thing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thanks for the advice, perhaps you're right! if I do change the thrust and gravity it may become less necessary.

thanks dude I really appreciate your time :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
also remember that its going to take a while and a lot of experimentation to make things feel smooth
make sure you allow for control over thrust/turning/dampening/etc. in-game and that'll help speed the process