Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

cams posted:

Everyone on Supercard has pretty much figured out the whole "punt half of your cards so that you can have just enough cards of super high level to win" which makes playing rather frustrating. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a solution, but something really needs to be done about it. It's stupid going against 3 epic pros with a team of UR Pros.

the quickest way would probably be to implement getting 3 cards for winning 3-0, theoretically leading to full decks being played in order to get that extra card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Made it to the Ultra Rare KOTR Finals.

Pair of Mr. McMahon :negative:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Is Stardust available as a regular Ultra Rare drop? Because I'm pretty sure I saw someone with a Stardust avatar.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Bhester posted:

Is Stardust available as a regular Ultra Rare drop? Because I'm pretty sure I saw someone with a Stardust avatar.
Yeah, all of them are available as randoms as far as I know. I've already seen people with Miz and Ziggler cards.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think you can even get the diamond legendaries from drops.

wizardstick
Apr 27, 2013
Yeah I got a SR Stardust on a board pick which just leaves me nicely treading water in the Peoples Champ event to get another one or a pair so I can sacrifice one.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The Epic Pro Stone Cold I have where I hosed up and accidentally combined it before fully maxing one of the cards (level 30 instead of 35) HAUNTS ME. It's still my most powerful card but I kind of want to feed it to someone just to get it off my collection. As soon as I have 4 Epic Pros, it's getting trashed.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is a duplicate UR so much to ask? :argh:

I can't improve my deck until I get a double. I've got seven unleveled URs that are just sitting there, taunting me, because my pro SRs are better.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Sockser posted:

Is a duplicate UR so much to ask? :argh:

I can't improve my deck until I get a double. I've got seven unleveled URs that are just sitting there, taunting me, because my pro SRs are better.

I'm in the same boat. I've got 5 URs and none of them I can make Pro. I wish they dropped a little more often than they do. I'm in the epic tier now and still get Rares on the reg.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bhester posted:

I'm in the same boat. I've got 5 URs and none of them I can make Pro. I wish they dropped a little more often than they do. I'm in the epic tier now and still get Rares on the reg.

Getting to Epic KotR is the best thing because it means you put forth zero effort and still get a UR. I did have a UR pro (which wasn't even maxed) and my free epic (also not even close to maxed) to get there but it was mostly SR and even Rare pros.

e: To give a baseline, I think my lineup was pro SR Ambrose, Pro ladder SR Cena, Pro UR Macho Man, Epic Rock, Pro ladder SR Paige, UR AJ (unmaxed), UR Hogan (maxed), Pro Rare Wyatt, Rock, and HBK.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 6, 2014

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I just cracked Epic KOTR and it's good to know I get a UR with no effort. I still don't think my team is powerful enough to get to the final 8 at this time though.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I'm glad that the PCC isn't ending at some ungodly hour, this time.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Yo, Blasmeister, do me a favor and kick Robbie's rear end for me.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

So, my new favorite thing about PCC is that I have decided that there is NO WAY I am going to get an upgrade from it (I need top 2000 to get an epic pair), it makes it really easy to farm wins/energy cards cause I'll just pick the 1 point matches in PCC.

I actually had a pretty easy time making the top 3000 first PCC, but it seems like there is WAY more competition this time around.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

BlueArmyMan posted:

Yo, Blasmeister, do me a favor and kick Robbie's rear end for me.

haha, I need to win my game 3 coinflip matchup in the semis first, I'll do my best but that guy's rocking Pro Legendaries :eyepop:

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Blasmeister posted:

haha, I need to win my game 3 coinflip matchup in the semis first, I'll do my best but that guy's rocking Pro Legendaries :eyepop:

I always have issues discerning between Epics and Legendaries just based on color.

I'm glad you did qualify after all; once I realized who you were I tried to help by putting in my B team against you and my A team against the dude who was in 8th.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

BlueArmyMan posted:

I always have issues discerning between Epics and Legendaries just based on color.

I'm glad you did qualify after all; once I realized who you were I tried to help by putting in my B team against you and my A team against the dude who was in 8th.

Yeah I think I finished in a 3 way tie for 8th or something, wasn't expecting to make it, and wasn't paying as much attention to the group stage until the end when it started to look like I might make it anyway.

Now to try and calculate if splitting my tag pair is worth losing the pair bonus to increase my chances in 2 singles because they're slightly better than my singles in game 3.

E: made it, woo.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 7, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can we get a thread for non-card games when the dumb 2k game comes out. the card game is dumb

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

But Supercard is a dumb 2k game! :ohdear:

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I'm having trouble staying under rank 20,000. It's gonna be a real grindy hour!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Hit Epic tier, got an Epic Brie Bella to replace my SR-Pro Paige woop

Also gonna get 2x Epic Cesaro so that'll be a nice start to this tier

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

well, 107 points gets you around 24k. Not good enough.

I vaguely feel that I could have done better here, it doesn't look like 20k was an unreachable thing, but didn't get any time to grind it out today and spent the last hour getting back to 24k from 32k.

Back to cheesing UR KOTR I guess, because a team full of UR Pros doesn't win you poo poo in Epic KOTR when people cheese it using a two legendary setup.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

oldskool posted:

Made it to the Ultra Rare KOTR Finals.

Pair of Mr. McMahon :negative:

I know this feeling. On the plus side, whenever you play him in a Speed matchup and he wins, you can imagine he's spinning his legs like Sonic the Hedgehog while doing a maniacal Vince laugh. It's what I do.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I didn't realize they had this one ending 6 hours earlier than the other. Ground as hard as I could buy kept getting slowed down by the card limit.

30,610... :negative:

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
601 points at about 45k. An ultra rare Russev is ok and all but I think I'd rather have gotten the double Stardust.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Okay, just gotta wait to claim my Epic Pro Cesaro.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Woohoo, got the UR Diva Pair.

Now to laugh as all epic non-Pro Divas become worthless!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I will never get a better diva than this pair of UR Paiges and I'm okay with it.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Yes! Oui! Si! Ja! Da!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Telex posted:

Back to cheesing UR KOTR I guess, because a team full of UR Pros doesn't win you poo poo in Epic KOTR when people cheese it using a two legendary setup.

sorry bro =[

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
With that kind of setup, do you just take auto-losses occasionally during prelim rounds, or do you try to farm enough energy to recharge your whole team every few rounds?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jonny Angel posted:

With that kind of setup, do you just take auto-losses occasionally during prelim rounds, or do you try to farm enough energy to recharge your whole team every few rounds?
This is the first time I've done this, but I've been refilling my energy at an average rate. I'm Undertakering it right now (21-1). I checked out the guy who beat me and he had two Epic Pros and a Legendary Pro so yeah, he's gonna take first place.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Cool stuff. In UR tier, I'm cruising to my second easy 1st place by just packing a common tag team in my bench, which lets me cruise to easy wins against poeple who are doing well, and then recharge my A-team with a 2-1 win against guys with lovely records and empty stamina bars. Right now I'm 29-3 (all losses happened while I was asleep), and the next closest guys are 22-10. Once I have enough of a buffer that I'm guaranteed 1st seed, I'll swap in my B-team for the rest of the rounds to ensure my A-team has plenty of rest and also to gently caress with rankings by giving out free wins to the undeserving.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

smashpro1 posted:

Yes! Oui! Si! Ja! Da!

Goddamn.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

cams posted:

sorry bro =[

you're a total oval office, but I find it refreshing that you're doing it wrong at least.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I couldn't beat him BlueArmyMan, I'm sorry. but I got a pair of Legendary Eddies out of it, so I think I'll be ok

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
It vexes me that Natalya is a weaker pro than Cameron.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Does a card have to be in my inventory to be my Champ pic? Dual Sledgehammer HHH is no longer useful but I don't want a different pic

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

MotU posted:

Does a card have to be in my inventory to be my Champ pic? Dual Sledgehammer HHH is no longer useful but I don't want a different pic

Yes you have to currently own it to have it as champ. Still rocking my Pro Rare Fandango long after it left my team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MotU posted:

it doesn't have to be in your deck, and it also becomes a card you cannot use to train other cards. I'm in Epic tier but my champ is still...Perfect :smug: