Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidneyKai
Nov 6, 2010
Can someone please post the link with the maximum stats of cards in various ranks please? I've lost the tab. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

This one?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Has anyone else had major crashing problems since the last iOS update? Just about every day, there's another thing that I can't do; today, I can't swap a card out of King of the Ring. On top of that, the game will just crash at random. I deleted and reinstalled the game multiple times, with no lasting success.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

The Goog posted:

Has anyone else had major crashing problems since the last iOS update? Just about every day, there's another thing that I can't do; today, I can't swap a card out of King of the Ring. On top of that, the game will just crash at random. I deleted and reinstalled the game multiple times, with no lasting success.

Yeah I updated iOS last night and I'm noticing it crashing way more often since.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm in Ultra Rare++ and I actually got an Ultra Rare drop to go with my ladder.

It's the 2x4.

I do have a handful of URs from KOTRs though, although I could really use a left blue triangle to work on putting my Max Pro R Rock to bed. Or a pair for the URs so I can phase out Cena/Miz. A pair for my SR Jericho or SR Rock would even be nice. I did just get a second SR Bray Wyatt, so maybe I should train those jerks up.

My desire to grind ebbs significantly though, so I basically just check in to manage KOTR and hope for decent UR drops.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Steve Vader posted:

My desire to grind ebbs significantly though, so I basically just check in to manage KOTR and hope for decent UR drops.

Yeah when there's no event going on I just run KOTR. I wouldn't be surprised with them keeping events running most the time since I bet it keeps people hooked

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I haven't updated iOS (I can't on my dated ipod) but I've had relentless almost-makes-me-want-to-quit-playing levels of crashing the last couple of days.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Whoo, got an Epic Pro Hogan from my pity Epics in Legendary KotR. Might be able to place high for doubles in Epic KotR now...

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

incredible bear posted:

I haven't updated iOS (I can't on my dated ipod) but I've had relentless almost-makes-me-want-to-quit-playing levels of crashing the last couple of days.

Just play it on your PC like a boss.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Toshimo posted:

Just play it on your PC like a boss.

How does one do this?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

How does one do this?

http://www.bluestacks.com/app-player.html

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Is there a card gallery online somewhere? That really is the only thing I care about is the stats and pretty pictures.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
What's the bare minimum to advance to Epic? I haven't succeeded in pulling any URs except my guaranteed one, so I've got 3 unpaired ones that are generally worse than my Pro SRs. I'm about 85% into UR++, but it seems like I'll need a Pro UR or two to get my guaranteed epic.

PS: gently caress ladder Paige. It's such a stupid gate.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Toshimo posted:

What's the bare minimum to advance to Epic? I haven't succeeded in pulling any URs except my guaranteed one, so I've got 3 unpaired ones that are generally worse than my Pro SRs. I'm about 85% into UR++, but it seems like I'll need a Pro UR or two to get my guaranteed epic.

3x SR Pro and 1 UR got me to Epic with probably the Rare Pro Eva. I forget what my diva was.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

A few minutes after I claimed my UR Paige Pair from People's Challenge, I won my KotR and got a pair of UR Naomis.

Supercard is a cruel, cruel mistress.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Telex posted:

3x SR Pro and 1 UR got me to Epic with probably the Rare Pro Eva. I forget what my diva was.

I really hope you mean that UR was pro, cause otherwise, wtf?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Great White Hope posted:

A few minutes after I claimed my UR Paige Pair from People's Challenge, I won my KotR and got a pair of UR Naomis.

Supercard is a cruel, cruel mistress.

Now you have two UR Pros for KotR and can win more matches with your bench in!

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Toshimo posted:

I really hope you mean that UR was pro, cause otherwise, wtf?

I don't know, probably not. I'm pretty sure I've never got an UR to drop outside of a KOTR, so that was probably my "congrats you're in Ultra Rare" drop.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

So, three weeks away from WWE2K15, and very little is known except the My Career mode, and a rumored list of the Punk/Cena, HHH/HBKS storyline matches.

That's not a good sign, is it?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Toshimo posted:

For exhibition, I hit it with five max pro SRs.

For KoTR, I had a maxed epic, two maxed UR, one mid-level UR, and the rest max pro SRs.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Davros1 posted:

So, three weeks away from WWE2K15, and very little is known except the My Career mode, and a rumored list of the Punk/Cena, HHH/HBKS storyline matches.

I'd say no, especially considering the media blitz that other WWE games had.

Then again maybe 2K is just cheap and doesn't want to bribe IGN like THQ did.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Davros1 posted:

Between that, the push back on new gen versions and the nothing to show at E3, I am setting my expectations accordingly.

vvv I'll be happy with ok because I havent bought or played a wrestling game in a few years and have not much else for my ps4, its great, amazing or excellent that I am shying away from expecting vvv

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 7, 2014

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Nah guys it will be ok just wait and see.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

triplexpac posted:

I'd say no, especially considering the media blitz that other WWE games had.

Then again maybe 2K is just cheap and doesn't want to bribe IGN like THQ did.
They did have a deal with IGN. IGN was due to have a solid month of constant exclusives, at least two features per week. For whatever reason, 2K backed out of their deal after the first episode and they've had nothing to show since.

It's not just a case of wanting or not wanting to deal with specific outlets, either. Talking to people who write for a few sites (can't name names for obvious reasons, and yes, I know how dubious that makes everything sound) it seems like 2k just straight-up don't want to talk to anybody about the game. Look at how the first official video was just the same couple of screenshots being panned over and the first 'gameplay' video is mostly entrances (recycled from last year) and a couple of one-off moves. The only thing they'll talk about is how much better their graphics engine is compared to the last couple of games'. Apparently, requests for more info or interviews have bene met with total silence for multiple outlets and nobody has been able to confirm if they'll get a review copy yet, which is a really bad sign as that usually means 2K will be waiting until the very last couple of days before letting reviewers get to it. (And no doubt there will be an embargo on reviews so nothing goes up before the game is on sale.)

Did I not mention I played it a little at EGX a couple of weekends ago? Because I did and it plays exactly the same as WWE2k14. The chain grapple QTE thing came up once—after I'd already started the match with a big running attack, obviously—and the stamina system didn't seem to function any differently to the previous version, as far as I could tell; do a few moves, you get tired, hold a button to rest a little, keep on trucking. Animations changed a bit to indicate when wrestlers are tired, but again, same stuff we've seen before. (The guy at the booth told me the stamina system could be turned off if you want, as can the chain grappling; I know I'll be turning them off right away.)
In terms of the actual function and flow of gameplay, everything is more or less the same. Your first five moves in the match may be more restricted and you may have to put up with some slower animations once you've run around a bit, but I was still spamming gut kicks, throwing strong grapples out over and over and one finisher and it was done. I did notice a few finer touches like the ring and wrestlers now look more like they're the right size in comparison to each other, the turnbuckle climbing animation having several variations depending on how you approach it and strong grapples don't need to be set up now other than ensuring the target is already hurt/tired, but nothing game-changing.
Don't know if they had the demo set to easy or normal or whatever, but essentially it didn't feel any different. With more time I'd probably notice more things—I didn't try any 'OMG' stuff or whatever—but first impressions, at least, were that this is indeed a prettier 2k14.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I hope no one was going into this expecting anything but a fancier 2K14, when everything we've seen so far has shown that's exactly what it'll be

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

triplexpac posted:

I hope no one was going into this expecting anything but a fancier 2K14, when everything we've seen so far has shown that's exactly what it'll be

I was just more interested in if there were any additional legends in the game, and if any updates had been made to the Universe mode.

edit: just found this tidbit:

quote:

The 2K Showcase Season Pass brings you more action and excitement from WWE 2K15's all-new 2K Showcase Mode. Save over 20% on three 2K Showcase Add-On Packs and receive the Exclusive Character Paige! 2K Showcase lets you relive groundbreaking rivalries and matches in this all-new single player campaign told through your gameplay and historic WWE footage!

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 7, 2014

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I asked about legends and the NXT roster, was told they couldn't tell me but there would be an announcement before the game is out. (Which essentially means "gently caress knows!")
Didn't think to ask about Universe or the career mode. I would guess it'll operate exactly the same as before because if they're not going to do much for the gameplay I don't know why they'd put much work into a booking sim.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

If it's 2k14 with better graphics and sub-loving-30-minute load times, I'll be satisfied.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

If there's a PC version, I will forgive a lot.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Just fought a guy with a Diamond Randy, uriel34. He was in UR+ tier. What a crappy surprise :v:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
This just dropped

No surprise there is an extensive DLC plan and Season Pass before the game is out or had much of a public demo. It also won't be a surprise when all this 'DLC' turns out to already be on the disc, locked away, as it was last year. (And the year before.)

So yeah, more rivalry story things + Paige.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Cordoning Paige off as DLC exclusive seems weak as hell. She's like either the 2nd or 4th most important diva on the roster (depending on where you rank the Bellas)

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Sting's being ransomed as a pre-order bonus and last year it was Ultimate Warrior and The Outsiders. I can't say I expected it to be Paige, as I thought she'd be part of the NXT roster, but it is absolutely no surprise that they'd hold a popular character hostage to shift more Season Pass sales.

At this rate I wonder why they don't just let everybody have all this stuff from the get-go and simply raise the price of the game to begin with. I'd rather be ripped off up-front than loving about with this Season Pass bullshit which may as well be mandatory anyway.

edit: full disclosure: I'm especially bitter because Paige is the one thing that will get me to buy this day 1 without question and I'm going to absolutely hate myself for doing it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

because that's not how spending habits work

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

pressedbunny posted:

Sting's being ransomed as a pre-order bonus and last year it was Ultimate Warrior and The Outsiders. I can't say I expected it to be Paige, as I thought she'd be part of the NXT roster, but it is absolutely no surprise that they'd hold a popular character hostage to shift more Season Pass sales.

At this rate I wonder why they don't just let everybody have all this stuff from the get-go and simply raise the price of the game to begin with. I'd rather be ripped off up-front than loving about with this Season Pass bullshit which may as well be mandatory anyway.

edit: full disclosure: I'm especially bitter because Paige is the one thing that will get me to buy this day 1 without question and I'm going to absolutely hate myself for doing it.

Yeah but Sting and Warrior are all Legends-type deals where you're not going to need them to keep up with modern WWE. You can lift them out and not really miss them. Not having all the people currently on TV that are fighting for titles and on ppv in your game is really loving dumb because a lot of people like to simulate current WWE in universe mode or play out past/upcoming PPV matches. Having random popular legends as a bonus is an addition, having current main roster wrestlers who held titles in the past month not in the main game is a subtraction.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 8, 2014

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you
Just got a 3 - 3 Draw! It counts as a win.

rafiki
Mar 23, 2010

Kaskadan posted:

Just got a 3 - 3 Draw! It counts as a win.

Not for People's Champ. You get both picks still, though.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

pressedbunny posted:

People would rather pay $60 up front then $20 later than pay $70 up front. You know what they'd rather do even then? Pay $60 up front then pay $24 in six separate $4 payments. Consumers live on the margins

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

For those of you who don't play the NBA series you should keep an eye on the server issues 2K is having with the game's launch. So far with how this release is going, even though I'm enjoying the game, it's definitely moved WWE 2k15 from a "probably buy day one" to "wait and see how much is broken" for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
WTF?