Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
I have noticed numerous times throughout my life where I was completely at a loss then everything fell into place once I actually asked someone to help. The person did not help, just the act of asking made the world "behave".

All computer guys know this: A computer will act batshit crazy until you call in tech support, but before the support actually does anything, the problem resolves itself.

My son just called me in a panic because he could not find his car keys. He said he checked everywhere but once I told him there was nothing I could do, he found his keys in the next minute of looking where he looked before. Married goons know the same thing...only your wife knows where you set you keys in plain sight.

Anyone know if this is an existing adage like Murphy's Law? Perhaps one would be "Problems cannot be resolved until not acted upon by a third party".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
One that I think vaguely matches this type of situations is a saying from India: "if you have to ask the question, then you already know the answer."

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."

Keith Stone posted:

Anyone know if this is an existing adage like Murphy's Law? Perhaps one would be "Problems cannot be resolved until not acted upon by a third party".
I experience this all the time. I would say more something like, "Problems cannot be resolved until a third party is made aware of your own dumbassery." Or something.

Crop_Top_9000
Jun 20, 2014
Mildly related

Sometimes it's the act of explaining the problem that kickstarts your brain into figuring out the solution

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

EagerSleeper posted:

One that I think vaguely matches this type of situations is a saying from India: "if you have to ask the question, then you already know the answer."

That is seriously the dumbest loving adage I've ever seen in my entire life, under no circumstance does that make any sense whatsoever, also it doesn't fit the OP

• Locked thread