Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Need to upload my dude but otherwise down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

All systems are go for a game tonight, Wednesday, September 10th at 7 PM PST. Can our heroes survive a descent into a cavern of madness and shadow? As usual, connect to our Mumble channel on Camping The Stairs and I'll post the new alias to connect for Fantasy Grounds.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Sorry, which channel is our mumble channel?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Sorry, which channel is our mumble channel?

I think last time it was something like "420 virgin nerd station".

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

http://www.mediafire.com/view/qgmmbbytgzr3m9j/Nowhere.dnd4e

Boom Behold, NOWHERE the Bard!

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Drago's customized skill: Delicate Shoe Repair (dex based)

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Do you need pictures for tokens or anything?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

Do you need pictures for tokens or anything?

Yes, portraits would be great. I've gone one for Drago already.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Oh yeah, you wanted a wish list, didn't you? I'll stick to heroic for now.

Lightning dagger, lancing superior implement (I switched from accurate. It may not be strictly OPTIMAL, but.... hey. Why not?)
Rhythm Blade, dagger, lancing superior implement (I want the lightning dagger more, but I like this one too)
Shimmering Robes

Acrobat Boots (feet)
Executioners Bracers (arms)
Antipathy Gloves (hands)

Rope of Slave Fighting (waist)
Siberys Shard of the Mage

AND ALL THE GOOFY WONDEROUS MAGIC ITEMS YOU CAN MANAGE

Alternative Rewards: I guess all of us could have Avandras Boon of Escape of Confidence
Corellon's Boon of Arcane Might (I'd love to have higher level ones for extra encounter abilities)
Melora's Storm Blessing
Lighter than Wind

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 11, 2015

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
I've PM you some stuff.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Here's a Jeegan picture:

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

All systems are go for the Real Campaign, starting tonight Wednesday, September 17th at 7 PM PST.

It is new year's eve, the end of the 88th year of the reign of Emperor Drakus Coaltongue. For one reason or another, each of you have been tasks to lend aid to the underground resistance of Gate Pass. It is an open secret that an imperial army marches on Gate Pass, and if the city council is too craven to stand up to the Inquisitor Leska then it falls to the brave, virtuous, and mercenary to do what's right. The Scouring of Gate Pass is inevitable, but the outcome is not.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm in.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
What's focused expertise, anyway?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

What's focused expertise, anyway?

a Dragon exclusive (on the CharBuilder too) feat.

Useful for Monks or other classes that can use a weapon as an implement, Swordmages like it too.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Can I just get, like, a normal expertise feat and improved defenses? Seems a lot simpler. Most expertise feats give +1/+2/+3 to a weapon/implement/weapliment already, with some side benefit, and improved defenses gives +1/+2/+3 to non-AC defenses. Then we could just set it and forget it.

Edit: plus, with War Wizard's expertise, I'd get -5 to hit allies, on top of the normal +1/+2/+3 to hit.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Can I just get, like, a normal expertise feat and improved defenses? Seems a lot simpler. Most expertise feats give +1/+2/+3 to a weapon/implement/weapliment already, with some side benefit, and improved defenses gives +1/+2/+3 to non-AC defenses. Then we could just set it and forget it.

Edit: plus, with War Wizard's expertise, I'd get -5 to hit allies, on top of the normal +1/+2/+3 to hit.

It's basically just another free +1 to whatever your trying to hit with, meant to not overlap with stuff you take earlier or get earlier.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
So, wait, you're saying expertise feats, with +1/+2/+3 to attack bonus, and focused expertise, which also gives +1/+2/+3, are supposed to stack? That doesn't sound right.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I don't see that feat anywhere in the character builder, but based on the description Cerepol posted, it looks like an untyped bonus. Which should stack with anything and everything.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
We good for this week?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

We good for this week?

Yes, the further adventures in Gate Pass will occur on schedule this Wednesday.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I think the 420 virgin nerd zone or whatever it was called disappeared.

vvvvvv it didn't earlier!!

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 25, 2014

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
IT EXISTS

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Well that session was fun as all get out. And we continue to be a party of nice guys. I very much like it.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Herr Tog posted:

Well that session was fun as all get out. And we continue to be a party of nice guys. I very much like it.

Yeah this session owned. I liked all the little pit stops to help random people.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Flame112 posted:

Yeah this session owned. I liked all the little pit stops to help random people.

It was quite fun... except for the ending.

Anyways I just realized the OP says I'm a Minotaur Runepriest!

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Well, you can't win 'em all.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Glad to hear you all had fun - last session was a blast for me as well. I didn't expect the solo to go down so quickly, but Capmor hit him with literally the one condition (dazed) that he couldn't just readily save his way out of. And it led to a really nice little roleplaying moment.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
On for tomorrow/today?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

On for tomorrow/today?

Yes, all systems are go for tonight (Wednesday) at 7 PM PST. Our heroes finally make it to the House of Solace, where they are reunited with Torrent and make plans for the future.

There is also a good chance to hit level 2 tonight, so be ready to pick a new utility power!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
messenger of the gods.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Herr Tog posted:

wednesday right?

Also List SO FAR:

Rebuking chainmail (armor)
Flaming short sword (sword)
Brooch of Shielding (neck)
Viper Belt (waist)
Forgemaster's Gloves (hands)
Bracelet of the Radiant Storm (arms)
Closed Mind (Alt)
Avandra's boon of escape (alt)
Avandra's Whisper (sword)
Avandra's Ring (ring)
Circlet of Authority or Pileus Helm (head)

and maybe Blast Scepter (rod)

update

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Staff of Sleep & Charm
Any instrument really (no need to be magical)

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
10/1 never forget :911:

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

10/1 never forget :911:

At this point, I think Quentin and Jeegan might be tied for number of knockouts. And I don't think anyone would want to buy dragonborn meat to feed to their mountainous pseudodragon...

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Tomorrow? I shouldn't be late.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

Tomorrow? I shouldn't be late.

Yes, we are on for today, Wednesday October 8th, at 7 PM PST. New and improved with 50% greater chance of level up and 50% less chance of TPK! Our heroes delve into the depths of Gabal's school of witchcraft and wizardry - I wonder where the sorting hat will put them?

I find myself with more free time than normal, so I'll probably be on mumble starting at 6:15 or so. If everyone shows up early we'll start prior to 7 PM, otherwise we can just shoot the poo poo while I grind quests in Rift.

kaynorr fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 8, 2014

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I think you mean October, right?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

I think you mean October, right?

Calendars are hard. Edited accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Also are we going to hit level 2 in the middle of the session or near the end? Do you want level 2 sheets now?

• Locked thread